Post Reply Bottom Biting Bug
1007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/14/18 , edited 4/14/18
Crunchyroll used to offer several dozen episodes of this cute children's show. Recently all but the first 10 episodes have disappeared. I hope Crunchyroll will fix this issue soon.

See Animenewsnetwork for more information on the total episode count.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=14759
121574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/14/18 , edited 4/14/18

dansuman wrote:

Crunchyroll used to offer several dozen episodes of this cute children's show. Recently all but the first 10 episodes have disappeared. I hope Crunchyroll will fix this issue soon.

See Animenewsnetwork for more information on the total episode count.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=14759


It's probably not so much an issue to "fix" as a licensing agreement that reached its end and was not renewed. We are very unlikely to hear any details about why.

Crunchyroll does occasionally get the license again for a show it had in the past, and usually when that happens it gets announced in the Site News forum.

If you must have an authoritative answer regarding whether this an, ahem, "bug" with the later seasons not being displayed or is in fact an intentional license thing, then you could could contact customer support via the /contact form.
1007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/14/18 , edited 4/15/18
They still show 10 episodes so I doubt the license is gone. I contacted the support staff and they told me that only 10 episodes exist. Which is clearly not correct as shown in Animenewsnetwork, and I have already watched 14 episodes. I think they have a system error.
110414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 4/14/18 , edited 4/15/18

dansuman wrote:

They still show 10 episodes so I doubt the license is gone. I contacted the support staff and they told me that only 10 episodes exist. Which is clearly not correct as shown in Animenewsnetwork, and I have already watched 14 episodes. I think they have a system error.

Anime is typically licensed by "season" (technically separate series in Japan).

According to MAL, there were 4 seasons, two of which (the 3rd & 4th) had only 10 episodes each. It is entirely conceivable that the license to the older seasons expired, and either CR couldn't renew those, or chose not to do so because the cost wasn't justified by the continuing viewership.

1007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/14/18 , edited 4/14/18
Do they announce these decisions? Not very considerate if users find out by trying to find their series and it does not appear
55879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 4/14/18 , edited 4/15/18

dansuman wrote:

Do they announce these decisions? Not very considerate if users find out by trying to find their series and it does not appear


Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't/can't. It just depends on whether there is a non-disclosure clause in the contract. It may well make some users upset when they don't find out ahead of time, but it would be worse to upset the business relationship with a supplier and risk never getting any new/future titles from them again after that.
You must be logged in to post.