First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last

High School shooting in texas

Post Reply
1056 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 5/18/18 , edited 5/19/18
Quite obviously the mere possession of a firearm causes otherwise law abiding citizens to pursue violent criminal activity.
Isn't anyone responsible for their own actions? This is just the latest example of the malady that has been affecting America for years now, of finding a scapegoat, rather than attacking the root cause of the problem directly.

Yesterday, at Dixon High School in Illinois, there was a school shooter. He was stopped by an armed security guard who chased and shot him. BUT that story wasn't highlighted, anywhere. It showed up on CNN and CBS some 6 hours after it happened, and then only briefly.

So, we are teaching these crazy kids that they become famous by killing people, but when they are stopped, we don't talk about it?
5581 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 5/18/18 , edited 5/18/18

Cato_Sicarius wrote:


D4nc3Style wrote:


Cato_Sicarius wrote:


D4nc3Style wrote:

Ok then, what do you propose for gun laws then?


it's impossible at this point until America looses it gun fetish. All we can do now is stock up on child size body bags


It's the 2A. It's not a "gun fetish". Stronger gun laws will not stop this. If he couldn't get a gun, he probably would have used a knife. Also, he was using some types of pipe bombs. Either way, this shit will still happen. Look at London for example. THEY'RE BANNING KNIVES.

If people want to kill, they'll find a way. Don't blame guns, blame the people.


Fair point since the year 2000 how many mass stabbings have there been in schools? How many mass smothering by pillows has there been in schools? How many times has someone driven a car in to a school to run down kids? But you are right it's people that kill people. So here is a wild idea. HOW ABOUT WE DON'T MAKE IT SO FUCKING EASY FOR THEM???


Mass Stabbings: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/33-dead-130-injured-china-knife-wielding-spree-n41966, https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/33-dead-130-injured-china-knife-wielding-spree-n41966

Car Massacers: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/22/world/europe/uk-westminster-parliament-shooting.html

It will happen no matter what. No matter where. Also, they're not easy to get. I mean they are on the black market WHICH IS AGAINST THE LAW.
5581 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 5/18/18 , edited 5/18/18

rawratl wrote:


D4nc3Style wrote:

And obviously gun control is doing an amazing job.


What gun control? What laws are you referring too specifically? Are you aware of some sort of gun control legislation that's been passed that I don't know about?

Seems like a moot point considering we haven't passed any meaningful sort of gun control due to the thoughts and prayers segment of our population.


You truly are ignorant aren't you? Look at Chicago, they have some of the strictest gun laws and still have the most shootings.

48942 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/18/18 , edited 5/18/18


Ignorant? Me? You are the one posting demonstrably false "arguments."

Lets have a look, smart guy.

https://www.thetrace.org/2018/04/highest-murder-rates-us-cities-list/

Where is Chicago on that list? In case you can't read it, #9.

So where do the guns come from?
https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/chicago-gun-trace-report-2017-454016983.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/11/07/where-the-guns-used-in-chicago-actually-came-from/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f86a6276b61d


Only 40 percent of the guns recovered in the city were purchased in Illinois, the report read, including hundreds purchased at gun shops outside city boundaries. Many of the guns recovered in Chicago — a fifth of them — were purchased in Indiana, which abuts the city’s eastern border. An additional 9 percent of the guns recovered in the city came from Mississippi and Wisconsin.


Further food for thought before you bring up New York's gun laws.

Last year, the attorney general of New York issued a report about the flow of guns into his state. Attorney General Eric Schneiderman identified what he called the “iron pipeline,” a string of East Coast states through which guns flowed into the state.

In New York City, for example, nearly 9 in 10 firearms come from out of state.


So what was your point again? Oh yeah, you didn't have one. You just parrot useless shit you read on some meme pic.
790 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
100
Offline
Posted 5/18/18 , edited 5/18/18


What part of IN SCHOOLS? did you not understand? Plus neither of those happen in the United States did they?
I can right now drive 3 hours to West Virginia and buy a gun with a fake ID and no back ground check so tell me again how hard is it?

17370 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
69 / M / Wherever
Offline
Posted 5/18/18 , edited 5/18/18
Bulletproof bookbags is what we need
790 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
100
Offline
Posted 5/18/18 , edited 5/18/18

DengekiFugu wrote:

Quite obviously the mere possession of a firearm causes otherwise law abiding citizens to pursue violent criminal activity.
Isn't anyone responsible for their own actions? This is just the latest example of the malady that has been affecting America for years now, of finding a scapegoat, rather than attacking the root cause of the problem directly.

Yesterday, at Dixon High School in Illinois, there was a school shooter. He was stopped by an armed security guard who chased and shot him. BUT that story wasn't highlighted, anywhere. It showed up on CNN and CBS some 6 hours after it happened, and then only briefly.

So, we are teaching these crazy kids that they become famous by killing people, but when they are stopped, we don't talk about it?


there was an Armed guard at SantaFe and a cop at Parkland
10600 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / Enemy Territory
Offline
Posted 5/18/18 , edited 5/18/18

rawratl wrote:

Ignorant? Me? You are the one posting demonstrably false "arguments."

Lets have a look, smart guy.

https://www.thetrace.org/2018/04/highest-murder-rates-us-cities-list/

Where is Chicago on that list? In case you can't read it, #9.

So where do the guns come from?
https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/chicago-gun-trace-report-2017-454016983.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/11/07/where-the-guns-used-in-chicago-actually-came-from/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f86a6276b61d


Only 40 percent of the guns recovered in the city were purchased in Illinois, the report read, including hundreds purchased at gun shops outside city boundaries. Many of the guns recovered in Chicago — a fifth of them — were purchased in Indiana, which abuts the city’s eastern border. An additional 9 percent of the guns recovered in the city came from Mississippi and Wisconsin.


Further food for thought before you bring up New York's gun laws.

Last year, the attorney general of New York issued a report about the flow of guns into his state. Attorney General Eric Schneiderman identified what he called the “iron pipeline,” a string of East Coast states through which guns flowed into the state.

In New York City, for example, nearly 9 in 10 firearms come from out of state.


So what was your point again? Oh yeah, you didn't have one. You just parrot useless shit you read on some meme pic.


They keep throwing out the exact same arguments at every mass shooting despite being debunked every time. At this point, I think it's fair to say they know they're wrong, and they don't care.
Banned
runec 
43177 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/18/18 , edited 5/18/18
https://twitter.com/RobertMaguire_/status/997497171133059073

I'll just leave this here as it encapsulates all of the stupidity in a single clip.

By which I mean *both* people in this clip.

29805 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 5/18/18 , edited 5/18/18

DengekiFugu wrote:

Quite obviously the mere possession of a firearm causes otherwise law abiding citizens to pursue violent criminal activity.
Isn't anyone responsible for their own actions? This is just the latest example of the malady that has been affecting America for years now, of finding a scapegoat, rather than attacking the root cause of the problem directly.

Yesterday, at Dixon High School in Illinois, there was a school shooter. He was stopped by an armed security guard who chased and shot him. BUT that story wasn't highlighted, anywhere. It showed up on CNN and CBS some 6 hours after it happened, and then only briefly.

So, we are teaching these crazy kids that they become famous by killing people, but when they are stopped, we don't talk about it?


Great point. The tragic loss of life is what makes the story big, which brings in ratings which is why it gets the air time. If the issue was framed as security guard lets student walk in with arsenal the anger would be aimed at the security for doing a poor job. Instead it's the fault of law-abiding citizens for clinging onto a law as old as the nation. Even though there are laws and codes of conduct that the shooter ignored and broke.
3309 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / US
Offline
Posted 5/18/18 , edited 5/18/18

It's the 2A. It's not a "gun fetish". Stronger gun laws will not stop this. If he couldn't get a gun, he probably would have used a knife. Also, he was using some types of pipe bombs. Either way, this shit will still happen. Look at London for example. THEY'RE BANNING KNIVES.

If people want to kill, they'll find a way. Don't blame guns, blame the people.


Exactly, look at what happened in Canada recently 10 people killed and 15 injured from a man plowing into pedestrians with a Van. Even in prison, with the makeshift weapons prisoners come up with, people will always find a way. As long as the human race exist. These things will always happen.
790 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
100
Offline
Posted 5/18/18 , edited 5/19/18

Dear_1nsanity wrote:


It's the 2A. It's not a "gun fetish". Stronger gun laws will not stop this. If he couldn't get a gun, he probably would have used a knife. Also, he was using some types of pipe bombs. Either way, this shit will still happen. Look at London for example. THEY'RE BANNING KNIVES.

If people want to kill, they'll find a way. Don't blame guns, blame the people.


Exactly, look at what happened in Canada recently 10 people killed and 15 injured from a man plowing into pedestrians with a Van. Even in prison, with the makeshift weapons prisoners come up with, people will always find a way. As long as the human race exist. These things will always happen.


10 people huh? Wow that's really bad. There have only been little over 200 children killed in school shootings since Columbine. But hey 10 people died getting runned over that weren't in a school clearly shows that guns are not the cause of school shootings
3309 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / US
Offline
Posted 5/18/18 , edited 5/19/18

Cato_Sicarius wrote:


Dear_1nsanity wrote:


It's the 2A. It's not a "gun fetish". Stronger gun laws will not stop this. If he couldn't get a gun, he probably would have used a knife. Also, he was using some types of pipe bombs. Either way, this shit will still happen. Look at London for example. THEY'RE BANNING KNIVES.

If people want to kill, they'll find a way. Don't blame guns, blame the people.


Exactly, look at what happened in Canada recently 10 people killed and 15 injured from a man plowing into pedestrians with a Van. Even in prison, with the makeshift weapons prisoners come up with, people will always find a way. As long as the human race exist. These things will always happen.


10 people huh? Wow that's really bad. There have only been little over 200 children killed in school shootings since Columbine. But hey 10 people died getting runned over that weren't in a school clearly shows that guns are not the cause of school shootings


Lmao drop the sarcasm, I’m not looking for an argument. Gun control won’t do shit, if somebody wants a gun they will find a way to get one. Simple as that. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. Not fucking guns.
2047 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/18/18 , edited 5/18/18
So..... since America put tight regulation on full automatic weapons in the 80's have these shootings been taken place with full auto or semi auto? because that should be proof if gun control does actualy work in America.
1141 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / F
Online
Posted 5/18/18 , edited 5/19/18

Dear_1nsanity wrote:


It's the 2A. It's not a "gun fetish". Stronger gun laws will not stop this. If he couldn't get a gun, he probably would have used a knife. Also, he was using some types of pipe bombs. Either way, this shit will still happen. Look at London for example. THEY'RE BANNING KNIVES.

If people want to kill, they'll find a way. Don't blame guns, blame the people.


Exactly, look at what happened in Canada recently 10 people killed and 15 injured from a man plowing into pedestrians with a Van. Even in prison, with the makeshift weapons prisoners come up with, people will always find a way. As long as the human race exist. These things will always happen.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/05/11/its-just-horrifying-seven-killed-in-australias-deadliest-mass-shooting-in-22-years/?utm_term=.39e033a82be3

It took 22 years for Australia to have one of the deadliest mass shooting with strict gun laws that still allowed people to own a gun . A shooting like that is a normal occurrence in the US at this point. The point of theses laws is to reduce the number of incidents,and not to prevent them 100%.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.