First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last

do you know any childrens songs , whether in ur own language or another?

Post Reply
21982 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 9/22/18 , edited 9/23/18
I can remember the wheels on the bus
the puppy in the window
merry go round
the I l-o-v-e y-o-u song which is very special between my mom and I
fera Jacques -brother john in English-

and this may just be a Mormon song but popcorn popping on the apricot tree lol
16554 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 9/22/18 , edited 9/23/18
La cucaracha, La cucaracha , ya puede caminar!
21982 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 9/23/18 , edited 9/23/18

Potentsaliva wrote:

La cucaracha, La cucaracha , ya puede caminar!


lmao that song
3361 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/23/18 , edited 9/23/18
ring around the rosie
runec 
43163 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/23/18 , edited 9/23/18

redokami wrote:

I can remember the wheels on the bus
the puppy in the window
merry go round
the I l-o-v-e y-o-u song which is very special between my mom and I
fera Jacques -brother john in English-

and this may just be a Mormon song but popcorn popping on the apricot tree lol


Every Canadian knows these:

https://youtu.be/bETCusT5kNM

https://youtu.be/4JUDBJkeFNY

https://youtu.be/qjLBXb1kgMo

>.>

( The National Filmboard of Canada's job is essentially to alternatively terrify, perplex and entertain Canadian children )

Case in point: https://youtu.be/59fv2zbS6pY?t=7m46s
Humms 
14952 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 9/23/18 , edited 9/23/18

runec wrote:


redokami wrote:

I can remember the wheels on the bus
the puppy in the window
merry go round
the I l-o-v-e y-o-u song which is very special between my mom and I
fera Jacques -brother john in English-

and this may just be a Mormon song but popcorn popping on the apricot tree lol


Every Canadian knows these:

https://youtu.be/bETCusT5kNM

https://youtu.be/4JUDBJkeFNY

https://youtu.be/qjLBXb1kgMo

>.>

( The National Filmboard of Canada's job is essentially to alternatively terrify, perplex and entertain Canadian children )

Case in point: https://youtu.be/59fv2zbS6pY?t=7m46s


Omg

The last one...... it hurts..... because it's true.........


runec 
43163 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/23/18 , edited 9/23/18

Humms wrote:
The last one...... it hurts..... because it's true.........


That one use to freak me out as a kid >.>

21651 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
37 / M / SoFlo
Offline
Posted 9/23/18 , edited 9/23/18
Thanks to my daughter I know several songs in Japanese. There are several Japanese kid shows my daughter would watch when she was a baby (Okaasan to Ishio, Inai Inai Baa! and a few other). The songs were really catchy. I remember she was watching during this particular generation of characters.




Also A couple songs in Japanese my wife would sing to my daughter when she was a baby. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and few others. For some reason I also picked up the theme song to Winnie the Pooh in Japanese.
Humms 
14952 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 9/23/18 , edited 9/23/18

runec wrote:


Humms wrote:
The last one...... it hurts..... because it's true.........


That one use to freak me out as a kid >.>



but yet it still scares me today.

why hasn't it changed? The animation is old, yet the message never fades away
38437 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 9/23/18 , edited 9/23/18
Off the top of my head.. I remember some crude versions of Christmas carols, the French version of Frere Jacques, and the usual lullabies and rhymes: Twinkle Twinkle, London Bridge is Falling Down, etc.
runec 
43163 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/23/18 , edited 9/23/18

Humms wrote:
but yet it still scares me today.

why hasn't it changed? The animation is old, yet the message never fades away


The message is timeless but perhaps a bit heavy to be laying out on 6 year olds during Saturday morning cartoons. >.>

The animation is fantastic though.
1698 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / USA
Offline
Posted 9/23/18 , edited 9/24/18
I used to be in my elementary school choir and I learned all kinds of songs. Weirdly I learned a lot of sea shanties such as "Cape Cod Girls" even though I live nowhere near the ocean.
430 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
21 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 9/23/18 , edited 9/24/18

redokami wrote:

and this may just be a Mormon song but popcorn popping on the apricot tree lol


I LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW AND WHAT DID I SEE?!
POPCORN POPPING ON THE APRICOT TREE!
SPRING HAS BROUGHT ME SUCH A NICE SURPRISE!
POPCORN POPPING RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES!
I fricken loved that song. Also, Once There Was a Snowman! For some reason where I lived as a kid, we would sing a second verse to it. But everywhere else, nobody had heard of it having a second verse, which is kinda sad.
21982 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 9/24/18 , edited 9/24/18

runec wrote:


redokami wrote:

I can remember the wheels on the bus
the puppy in the window
merry go round
the I l-o-v-e y-o-u song which is very special between my mom and I
fera Jacques -brother john in English-

and this may just be a Mormon song but popcorn popping on the apricot tree lol


Every Canadian knows these:

https://youtu.be/bETCusT5kNM

https://youtu.be/4JUDBJkeFNY

https://youtu.be/qjLBXb1kgMo

>.>

( The National Filmboard of Canada's job is essentially to alternatively terrify, perplex and entertain Canadian children )

Case in point: https://youtu.be/59fv2zbS6pY?t=7m46s


im questioning Canadians more and more with what u show me
21982 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 9/24/18 , edited 9/24/18

WolfeQueene wrote:


redokami wrote:

and this may just be a Mormon song but popcorn popping on the apricot tree lol


I LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW AND WHAT DID I SEE?!
POPCORN POPPING ON THE APRICOT TREE!
SPRING HAS BROUGHT ME SUCH A NICE SURPRISE!
POPCORN POPPING RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES!
I fricken loved that song. Also, Once There Was a Snowman! For some reason where I lived as a kid, we would sing a second verse to it. But everywhere else, nobody had heard of it having a second verse, which is kinda sad.

does the popcorn song have Christian origin? I only ever heard it in my church
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.