First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Discussion

Post Reply
46743 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/15/18 , edited 12/25/18
Normally with an isekai that has an OP as hell MC I'd be immediately turned off but the fact Rimuru is a slime has disarmed all my distaste for this type of trope in this instance.

Bring on more Rimuru!
69389 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/15/18 , edited 10/16/18
These are some nice goblins. Especially Haruna....

Gobta evolved into Gobta. Guess he was already at peak performance.

I have a feeling Rimuru can take over the world even faster than Ainz Ooal Gown. He's already got a village of goblins and a pack of wolves under his command after just meeting them.
25649 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
778 / The White House
Offline
Posted 10/15/18 , edited 10/16/18

PhantomGundam wrote:

These are some nice goblins. Especially Haruna....

Gobta evolved into Gobta. Guess he was already at peak performance.

I have a feeling Rimuru can take over the world even faster than Ainz Ooal Gown. He's already got a village of goblins and a pack of wolves under his command after just meeting them.


A 50 man army could take these guys out. Heck maybe 25 good soldiers.
qwueri 
27890 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 10/15/18 , edited 10/16/18
Ranga stole the show, what a very good boy.
9137 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/15/18 , edited 10/16/18
It is kind of ironic that this and Goblin Slayer are during the same season. Loveable and dorky goblins to oppose the murderous and rapey goblins.

I'm glad the wolves were one of the first type of monsters introduced that weren't just there for Rimiru to beat and mimic (like in the cave). They are a pack of heckin good boys.
100928 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
46 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 10/15/18 , edited 12/25/18
lol, all this talk of Good Boys makes me think back to another Isekai I found recently

"Woof woof story, I said make me a rich man's dog, not make me Fenrir"

Man dies from overworking, gets reincarnated in a fantasy world as a very good boy. (with mouth cannon)
17427 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 10/16/18 , edited 12/25/18

PhantomGundam wrote:

These are some nice goblins. Especially Haruna....

Gobta evolved into Gobta. Guess he was already at peak performance.

I have a feeling Rimuru can take over the world even faster than Ainz Ooal Gown. He's already got a village of goblins and a pack of wolves under his command after just meeting them.


Looks wise they might seem to be a challenge for invaders but they're clearly untrained as a unit and lacking in combat skill. He's right, if they pissed off humans a unit of soldiers would wipe the floor with them as they couldn't fight off the unevolved wolves whom themselves seem to only be versed in rush tactics in numbers. Maybe we'll continue to see them evolve as a sort of pseudo warg rider unit but love how it's thing up a need to see dwarves as maybe then they can create proper defenses and weapons too (thus seeing the village expand based on more races being intrograted into it too).

Am I wrong in wanting him to predator eat one of the Hobgoblins just to see what skills he aquires from doing so? Lol
2982 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Beneath the stars.
Offline
Posted 10/16/18 , edited 12/25/18

Rujikin wrote:


PhantomGundam wrote:

These are some nice goblins. Especially Haruna....

Gobta evolved into Gobta. Guess he was already at peak performance.

I have a feeling Rimuru can take over the world even faster than Ainz Ooal Gown. He's already got a village of goblins and a pack of wolves under his command after just meeting them.


A 50 man army could take these guys out. Heck maybe 25 good soldiers.


Nah, Rimuru is in charge of over 100 evolved monsters at this point each of which is probably about on par with an average human soldier in overall strength. In addition to that there is Rimeru himself who is a seriously powerful and adaptable monster even this early in his new life. His ability to basically instant heal his fallen allies would be by itself a huge boon to any sort of battle not to mention his ability to very rapidly set up improvised fortifications and traps via his steal and sticky thread abilities and his ranged one shot kill water blade and flesh melting poison breath attack.

One thing this anime has tended to do is censor the combat in the original story a bit. That battle with the wolves for instance was a bloody struggle where even the crappy unevolved goblins were quite formidable under Rimuru's guidance.

Rimuru certainly wouldn't even be a proper speed bump for Ainz to go over at this early point in his new life, but against normal human troops he would actually be quite formidable. Unlike Ainz, Rimuru started out as a blind, deaf and tiny weakling in his new life but with absolutely amazing skills for potential future growth. Ainz on the other hand started out basically as a God, but with rather limited potential for future personal growth.





7175 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 10/16/18 , edited 10/16/18
Really a fan of giving Ranga a horn, it looks a bit silly. Wonder if the dub will still go with Ranga or translate it to StormFang. I think the former is more likely though the latter does sound a name you would find in a high fantasy story. I would be happy with either.
nuxxy 
666 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/16/18 , edited 10/16/18

How cute was this though?
17427 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 10/16/18 , edited 10/16/18

MeltingSky wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


PhantomGundam wrote:

These are some nice goblins. Especially Haruna....

Gobta evolved into Gobta. Guess he was already at peak performance.

I have a feeling Rimuru can take over the world even faster than Ainz Ooal Gown. He's already got a village of goblins and a pack of wolves under his command after just meeting them.


A 50 man army could take these guys out. Heck maybe 25 good soldiers.


Nah, Rimuru is in charge of over 100 evolved monsters at this point each of which is probably about on par with an average human soldier in overall strength. In addition to that there is Rimeru himself who is a seriously powerful and adaptable monster even this early in his new life. His ability to basically instant heal his fallen allies would be by itself a huge boon to any sort of battle not to mention his ability to very rapidly set up improvised fortifications and traps via his steal and sticky thread abilities and his ranged one shot kill water blade and flesh melting poison breath attack.

One thing this anime has tended to do is censor the combat in the original story a bit. That battle with the wolves for instance was a bloody struggle where even the crappy unevolved goblins were quite formidable under Rimuru's guidance.

Rimuru certainly wouldn't even be a proper speed bump for Ainz to go over at this early point in his new life, but against normal human troops he would actually be quite formidable. Unlike Ainz, Rimuru started out as a blind, deaf and tiny weakling in his new life but with absolutely amazing skills for potential future growth. Ainz on the other hand started out basically as a God, but with rather limited potential for future personal growth.








He mentioned soldiers not your run of the mill humans. Physically theyre now more imposing but they've limited training, knowledge of warfare and tactics and we've yet to see the wolf/hob gob synergy in action yet so hypothetically I'd agree theyd struggle badly against a soldier unit. As said already too the wolves are more adept at combat but have shown only attacking in numbers as their breadth of tactics as well as relying on one individual to give the orders Vs act as independent units so an inept leader (hob goblin king hypothetically) could be their undoing to.

I'm looking forward actually to seeing them grow from strength to strength. Mirrors the Village in Overlord - a place which evolves with its inhabitants under a defacto commander who knows how best to utilise, synergize and develop them.
26828 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
54 / M / In
Offline
Posted 10/16/18 , edited 10/16/18

Rujikin wrote:


PhantomGundam wrote:

These are some nice goblins. Especially Haruna....

Gobta evolved into Gobta. Guess he was already at peak performance.

I have a feeling Rimuru can take over the world even faster than Ainz Ooal Gown. He's already got a village of goblins and a pack of wolves under his command after just meeting them.


A 50 man army could take these guys out. Heck maybe 25 good soldiers.


I don't think you understand how powerful those wolves are. I just don't think even a well skilled army formation will fight very well when a tornado forums in the middle of their formation. Plus I think Rimuru rules are very smart by not to attack human forces the humans to be the invaders thus giving the goblin the advantage of knowing the lay of the land better
qwueri 
27890 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 10/16/18 , edited 10/16/18

uncletim wrote:

I don't think you understand how powerful those wolves are. I just don't think even a well skilled army formation will fight very well when a tornado forums in the middle of their formation. Plus I think Rimuru rules are very smart by not to attack human forces the humans to be the invaders thus giving the goblin the advantage of knowing the lay of the land better


Given the rise in monsters in the Jura forest, that likely also adds an extra buffer between the goblin village and any would-be human invaders beyond a wandering adventurer party.

And honestly, what kind of soldier would attack this?
26828 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
54 / M / In
Offline
Posted 10/16/18 , edited 12/25/18

qwueri wrote:


uncletim wrote:

I don't think you understand how powerful those wolves are. I just don't think even a well skilled army formation will fight very well when a tornado forums in the middle of their formation. Plus I think Rimuru rules are very smart by not to attack human forces the humans to be the invaders thus giving the goblin the advantage of knowing the lay of the land better


Given the rise in monsters in the Jura forest, that likely also adds an extra buffer between the goblin village and any would-be human invaders beyond a wandering adventurer party.

And honestly, what kind of soldier would attack this?


this kind?
qwueri 
27890 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 10/16/18 , edited 12/25/18

uncletim wrote:

this kind?


"The only good goblins are the ones that never come out of their stinking holes."
...

So many dirty jokes to make out of that statement.
First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.