First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Discussion

Post Reply
1080 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
17 / M / East Coast-United...
Offline
Posted 10/1/18 , edited 10/2/18
All I have to say is, as someone who read the web novel, I am very satisfied with the first episode. It completely captured the witty humor and silliness of the MC while showing us Veldora, the Tsundere dragon. The music was well choreographed and the art style blended perfectly with the atmosphere of the show. That animation was also amazing. I am looking forward to the next episode and I am glad this is two cour.
7852 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/1/18 , edited 10/2/18
Well I guess I see why they need 24 episodes for this one, since they spent an entire episode on some minor world building facts.

Nothing really happened in the episode, but I can say I am intrigued all the same.

So what was the deal with a guy running through Tokyo with a knife held in front of him to stab just some random dude? I could understand if he was slashing at people as he ran past, but he just stabbed a dude and dropped the knife.

I guess the summoned girl came from Tokyo pretty late in WW2 since those were B-29 Superfortresses dropping the bombs.

I am guessing slime guy is going to try and free summoned girl from slavery to try and get in her pants.
28749 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/1/18 , edited 10/2/18
Fun show, very thorough introduction, both of his previous life and as a slime. Other than that not much to comment on, really like the tsundere dragon, very unique design too.
46743 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/1/18 , edited 10/2/18
So if he has to devour something to be able to take its form should there be some worry that he eventually gets a human body?
7852 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/1/18 , edited 10/2/18

domvina wrote:

So if he has to devour something to be able to take its form should there be some worry that he eventually gets a human body?


As quickly as he is learning skills, it's possible he can eventually just imagine a form he wants to take eventually, or mere contact will suffice.
2541 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
32 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 10/1/18 , edited 10/2/18
Ha, ha, ha... u just know that a harem, romantic comedy, ecchi fantasy isekai is gonna turn out awesome, when quite literally the very first thing you see happen is this:






qwueri 
27898 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M / TN
Online
Posted 10/1/18 , edited 10/2/18
The system isn't quite as snarky as I remember, but otherwise pretty solid adaptation of the material thus far.

But really, what grown man in his 20s-30s doesn't understand that the monitor is not in any way part of the hard-drive?
2984 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Beneath the stars.
Offline
Posted 10/1/18 , edited 10/1/18
Not a bad start except for the ED spoiling the next 24 episodes of the series and like 40 chapters of the manga. I mean that was almost American movie trailer levels of spoilers. I won't comment on it anymore since giving context to what is shown would just make the situation worse but there is a lot that was given away.
2541 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
32 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 10/1/18 , edited 12/25/18

MeltingSky wrote:

Not a bad start except for the ED spoiling the next 24 episodes of the series and like 40 chapters of the manga. I mean that was almost American movie trailer levels of spoilers. I won't comment on it anymore since giving context to what is shown would just make the situation worse but there is a lot that was given away.


Yea, I was wondering about that. Shows he gets human form, among others. Liking that Kirito; Gun Gale Online vibe. I guess producers thought ep1 too confusing to air to general audiences, so had to show "something" explaining WTF this anime is.

It was, of course. Really bad ep1, too much randomness post death. Slime's VA is annoying. Prospects of a FUNidub looking mighty, indeed..

100934 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
46 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/1/18 , edited 12/25/18

HOOfan_1 wrote:


I am guessing slime guy is going to try and free summoned girl from slavery to try and get in her pants.


...you aren't wrong....but you aren't right in the way you think


and the world building facts are actually pretty relevant.
He's been eating nothing but rocks and plants that are rich in Magic particle, for who knows how long
he has a super efficient digestive system
he has nothing to spend Mana on


He's basically been building a stupidly high Mana Pool. When he does learn magic, it's going to be OP as heck.


20553 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/1/18 , edited 10/2/18
holy shit this is hype. first episode exceeded already high expectations.

great production quality so far, unlike previous isekais in the recent past.
2541 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
32 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 10/1/18 , edited 12/25/18

Greylurker wrote:
and the world building facts are actually pretty relevant.
He's been eating nothing but rocks and plants that are rich in Magic particle, for who knows how long


That's the problem, the anime's ep1 "emotional consideration" is ridiculous... the reason "normies" stay light years away. What gives the industry a bad rep. "Anime logic". Lack of a plausible realism. He just got brutally killed, left Earth, and first thing he does is want to make HP potions. Completely radical departure from the "serious" intro.


Not having very good hopes for this anime. It was good, for like 5min....
20553 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/1/18 , edited 12/25/18

TheGrandAlliance wrote:


Greylurker wrote:
and the world building facts are actually pretty relevant.
He's been eating nothing but rocks and plants that are rich in Magic particle, for who knows how long


That's the problem, the anime's ep1 "emotional consideration" is ridiculous... the reason "normies" stay light years away. What gives the industry a bad rep. "Anime logic". Lack of a plausible realism. He just got brutally killed, left Earth, and first thing he does is want to make HP potions. Completely radical departure from the "serious" intro.


Not having very good hopes for this anime. It was good, for like 5min....


Your expectations for the show aren't reasonable.


"What gives the industry a bad rep"

Give me a break. What a crock of shit.
No, it totally isn't excessive fanservice that makes unpopular. Heavens no! Anime not being 100% in line with real world logic is what's wrong!

Really man? It's a world of magic and a guy being reincarnated into a slime. Where the hell is the real world logic there? There isn't because this isn't real life. Stop looking for things that should be there. Anime does not need to be realistic.
2541 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
32 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 10/1/18 , edited 12/25/18

bobland wrote:

No, it totally isn't excessive fanservice that makes unpopular. Heavens no! Anime not being 100% in line with real world logic is what's wrong!

Really man? It's a world of magic and a guy being reincarnated into a slime. Where the hell is the real world logic there? There isn't because this isn't real life. Stop looking for things that should be there. Anime does not need to be realistic.



EP1 doesn't have any "fanservice" yet, just bad writting, and the two aren't mutually exclusive BTW; the manga rendition of the story is a separate matter. Premium Hollywood (Game of Thrones) content is chalk full of fanservice, yet they have massive worldwide recognition. So the problem with anime isn't "fanservice", per se.

Indeed, as the problem with anime isn't "excessive fanservice", it's that it is "kiddie fanservice"... and in this case, the script/story writting. Juvenile in thought, and lacking realism. Even when attempting to portray an otherwise normal 37-year old male. 37. A human. Even when slime, still having a continuance of human self-awareness, as evidenced in the dialog.

...and why the WWII-isms in the anime, if 5min later, it devolves into such nonsense? Is this anime trying to be serious, or just using it as a joke? The like.


Alas, if this anime was featuring a school kid as the lead, then, maybe. But the writing here for EP1 is just ridiculous. The rest of what unfolds in the manga at this point, is thus irrelevant. Not all anime is like this, but when I see yet "another isekai" anime take what could be a good, highly intelligent script, and turn it into trash almost instantaneously, well...

/ggwp


But no matter....
2984 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Beneath the stars.
Offline
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 12/25/18

TheGrandAlliance wrote:


Greylurker wrote:
and the world building facts are actually pretty relevant.
He's been eating nothing but rocks and plants that are rich in Magic particle, for who knows how long


That's the problem, the anime's ep1 "emotional consideration" is ridiculous... the reason "normies" stay light years away. What gives the industry a bad rep. "Anime logic". Lack of a plausible realism. He just got brutally killed, left Earth, and first thing he does is want to make HP potions. Completely radical departure from the "serious" intro.


Not having very good hopes for this anime. It was good, for like 5min....


This is a comedic spoof of the isekai genre. It's not meant to be serious. I mean the guy gained his various ridiculous powers and body in his new incarnation based on his final thoughts about dying a virgin and wishing for the porn on his hard drive to be erased. Complaining about a lack of plausible realism and emotional consideration in this show is like complaining about those same things during the opening sequence of Deadpool.

If you are looking for an isekai that is serious then watch something like Death Parade or Kokkoku.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.