First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Discussion

Post Reply
22420 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
39 / M / Maniwa Japan
Offline
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 10/2/18
GA doing what GA does I suppose

2539 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
32 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 12/25/18
^^^^

Ye, probably true. Indeed, I am just too old these days to be jerked around by such kiddie nonsense. Too much failed hopes, I guess.

'Tsk, 'tsk, 'tsk... Off my lawn. The like.



For the record, in the event all ye "uneducated" youngling rascals here haven't yet acquiesce to the affair...


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Alliance_(World_War_II)

22420 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
39 / M / Maniwa Japan
Offline
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 10/2/18

TheGrandAlliance wrote:

^^^^

Ye, probably true. Indeed, I am just too old these days to be jerked around by such kiddie nonsense. Too much failed hopes, I guess.

'Tsk, 'tsk, 'tsk... Off my lawn. The like.



For the record, in the event all ye "uneducated" youngling rascals here haven't yet acquiesce to the affair...


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Alliance_(World_War_II)



I'm a bit older than you.

I just like KISS shows. Great way to unwind.

give me all the dumb stuff. Sometimes the serious stuff is far too blasé or edgy.
2539 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
32 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 10/2/18

Yamstarch wrote:
I'm a bit older than you.

give me all the dumb stuff. Sometimes the serious stuff is far too blasé or edgy.



Well, I will be 32 next month. Alas, thar be a difference between "old", and "ancient"... In "anime" terms, ye is dangerously close to your 40s, LoL Like a lifetime. Once I dinged 30, it became of me to question why I watched so much kid-themed content. High school drama, the like. I guess that's all there is, mostly, every season.

It's true, serious stuff is "edgy", but usually it is action-based titles. For this anime, I was just hoping for the main character to remain mostly ==37 year old (ye should understand) as presented in the intro, and not turn into some sort of bumbling bouncing baby thing. Like "Overlord", or "Log Horizon". Even last season "How Not to Summon a Demon Lord" had more self-respect for the protagonist.

This is only EP1, but if other users here are a guide regarding manga progression, I probably indeed have too high expectations for this one.


Eh........ Urgh..... No matter. At least I got Ace Attorney, I suppose....

2980 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Beneath the stars.
Online
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 12/25/18

TheGrandAlliance wrote:

^^^^

Ye, probably true. Indeed, I am just too old these days to be jerked around by such kiddie nonsense. Too much failed hopes, I guess.

'Tsk, 'tsk, 'tsk... Off my lawn. The like.



For the record, in the event all ye "uneducated" youngling rascals here haven't yet acquiesce to the affair...


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Alliance_(World_War_II)



Awww, grandpa seems to be getting a bit grumpy and senile. Would you like a bib and some tasty oatmeal while I chase those mean ol' kids off your lawn? It's almost time for Matlock so you can sit down in your favorite chair and enjoy your stories. Those big bad Japanese cartoons can't hurt you anymore.

17427 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 10/2/18
So he transforms into the grey haired girl according to the ED? Weird show, not sure what to make of it but already different from the usual fodder given he's a slime and his human self actually seemed rather upbeat and likable rather than some shut in with zero social skills like most heroes of the genre.
qwueri 
27884 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 12/25/18
If next week is the goblin village, I imagine our protag-slime-kun will have his human form by mid-season. The story winds up being somewhere between Death March and Overlord. And the details like magic seem trivial right now, but do play a pretty significant role in the story. And given the amount of stuff teased in the ED, the pace should be picking up pretty quickly.

This is definitely a show worth applying the 3 show rule to, despite by frequent disregard for that rule. Though honestly, if you didn't enjoy tsun-dragon, you're probably not going to enjoy this show's sense of humor.
7818 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Online
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 12/25/18


I don't think those B-29s would be flying at different altitudes while they are dropping bombs....certainly not one right over the top of the other.
46735 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 12/25/18
So far I'm on board for the ride. The fast pace and silliness are appealing to me, particularly on a Monday where I can use a good giggle. While I get the impression the MC will later evolve into a super OP force at least for now I'll enjoy a protag who isn't a minor deity from day one.
2539 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
32 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 10/4/18

HOOfan_1 wrote:
I don't think those B-29s would be flying at different altitudes while they are dropping bombs....certainly not one right over the top of the other.



Yea, I noticed that earlier. I think it was done for cinematic effort, to fit 3 planes on the screen in the same image. One by itself probably wouldn't've been "impressive". Of course, the anime directors are making this a stupid anime, so I doubt "attention to historical accuracy" is in their interest.

In either case, they did drop stuff, that is clear. Incendiary weapons. Probably part of the Tokyo bombing raids in (summer) 1945, pre-Hiroshima.

Not like it matters, apparently, it seems.....
4960 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
70 / M
Offline
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 10/2/18
I assume that since one of the buffs that he asked for was to be able to make it with all the girls (Predator talent) , he is going to get a harem pretty quickly.

I just finished rewatching the first episode and noticed that when he first turned into a slime and was running around eating all the plants, the background "music" was the electronic music we used to hear with early video games (i.e. Pacman)
qwueri 
27884 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 12/25/18

TheGrandAlliance wrote:

Not like it matters, apparently, it seems.....


You pulled the "old" card, but overlook the obvious dangling plot hook of past or future events that every fourth anime likes to use? Along with the way obvious chekov's gun they've laid out regarding summoned people? Although to be fair, this first episode is more like chekov's arsenal, alot of seemingly inconsequential details to be used in the future.



kiltmaker2 wrote:

I assume that since one of the buffs that he asked for was to be able to make it with all the girls (Predator talent) , he is going to get a harem pretty quickly.



Do the guys who actively want a harem in anime ever actually get one?
501 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 12/25/18

qwueri wrote:


TheGrandAlliance wrote:

Not like it matters, apparently, it seems.....


You pulled the "old" card, but overlook the obvious dangling plot hook of past or future events that every fourth anime likes to use? Along with the way obvious chekov's gun they've laid out regarding summoned people? Although to be fair, this first episode is more like chekov's arsenal, alot of seemingly inconsequential details to be used in the future.



kiltmaker2 wrote:

I assume that since one of the buffs that he asked for was to be able to make it with all the girls (Predator talent) , he is going to get a harem pretty quickly.



Do the guys who actively want a harem in anime ever actually get one?



that's not what the predator skill is for
qwueri 
27884 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 12/25/18

Mattinator95 wrote:

that's not what the predator skill is for


That's the most annoying thing about the first episode, even the MC's name is a spoiler right now.
501 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/2/18 , edited 12/25/18

qwueri wrote:


Mattinator95 wrote:

that's not what the predator skill is for


That's the most annoying thing about the first episode, even the MC's name is a spoiler right now.



until episode 2 , wonder what the reactions are going to be with what happens with the dragon
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.