First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
Post Reply Update to the Crunchyroll x Funimation Partnership
239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago
Interestingly i found this statment from funimation is anyone is interested.

“We have enormous respect for the relationship we forged with Crunchyroll and will be working with them closely over the next several months to ensure a seamless transition in terms of our respective catalogs and offerings. That said, there will be some immediate changes ahead as we unwind the partnership,” Gen Fukunaga explained.

“On November 9, 2018, our subscribers will have access to several hundred subbed titles when our catalog reverts to Funimation, while a handful of dubbed titles will no longer be available on FunimationNow. All the titles licensed during the partnership will continue to be shared with Crunchyroll and available to FunimationNow subscribers.”
18152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago

HOOfan_1 wrote:

I have a feeling this is going to screw up a lot of the home media that has been delayed and thus basically pulled from pre-order

Fuuka...Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy, RE: Zero Part 2

not to mention that Funimations FAQ about already released home media licensed by Crunchyroll only said "subject to inventory availability"

Sounds to me that they won't be printing any more Home Media for shows that were acquired by Crunchyroll before the partnership in September 2016




Still waiting on my MMO Junkie preorder so think it's one of them caught up. Didn't have any issue with World End and Tanya ones from the month prior as they shipped maybe a week later but on MMO it's status keeps bouncing around.
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago

khellrex wrote:


HOOfan_1 wrote:

I have a feeling this is going to screw up a lot of the home media that has been delayed and thus basically pulled from pre-order

Fuuka...Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy, RE: Zero Part 2

not to mention that Funimations FAQ about already released home media licensed by Crunchyroll only said "subject to inventory availability"

Sounds to me that they won't be printing any more Home Media for shows that were acquired by Crunchyroll before the partnership in September 2016




Still waiting on my MMO Junkie preorder so think it's one of them caught up. Didn't have any issue with World End and Tanya ones from the month prior as they shipped maybe a week later but on MMO it's status keeps bouncing around.


It should have already released, that's probably just a problem with who you ordered it from.

18152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago

HOOfan_1 wrote:


khellrex wrote:


HOOfan_1 wrote:

I have a feeling this is going to screw up a lot of the home media that has been delayed and thus basically pulled from pre-order

Fuuka...Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy, RE: Zero Part 2

not to mention that Funimations FAQ about already released home media licensed by Crunchyroll only said "subject to inventory availability"

Sounds to me that they won't be printing any more Home Media for shows that were acquired by Crunchyroll before the partnership in September 2016




Still waiting on my MMO Junkie preorder so think it's one of them caught up. Didn't have any issue with World End and Tanya ones from the month prior as they shipped maybe a week later but on MMO it's status keeps bouncing around.


It should have already released, that's probably just a problem with who you ordered it from.


Ordered it direct from CR store the day it went up for preorder on july 18th. In my above example for the 2 releases prior they were also from CR direct when their preorders went up and they were in my hand a week after release. Amazon and Rightstuff list it as instock but now it doesn't even show up here on CR's store so who knows.
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 27 days ago , edited 26 days ago

khellrex wrote:


Ordered it direct from CR store the day it went up for preorder on july 18th. In my above example for the 2 releases prior they were also from CR direct when their preorders went up and they were in my hand a week after release. Amazon and Rightstuff list it as instock but now it doesn't even show up here on CR's store so who knows.


The first time I ordered from Crunchyroll was the last time.

They were 2 weeks late delivering a pre-order and constantly lied to me telling me it had already shipped, but couldn't give me tracking information.
110236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago

SaeryenTheSongstress wrote:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/publisher/Funimation

This list does not have:
Aria
Free!
NEW GAME!
Natsume Yuujinchou
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless

What a relief

The omission of New Game! seems a bit odd, as that series was on Funimation the season before the partnership began, and is definitely a Funimation title. I suspect it is omitted because the second series that is on the same page was during the partnership, and credits Kadokawa as the publisher. (CR's system doesn't seem to handle multiple publishers for titles listed on the same page). CR might lose access to the first series.

UPDATE: Instead of fact-checking as I did for the titles below, I relied on memory about this one. Bad move. The first series was originally CR-only.

Free! (the first series) was actually a CR title from the start. You may not remember, but CR had licensed it to Discotek for a sub-only home video release prior to Funimation getting to release it on home video with the dub. The second series was Funimation-only prior to the partnership, and the 3rd was a shared simulcast during the partnership. Again the problem with multiple publishers for series listed on the same page arises. CR could conceivably lose access to the 2nd series.

Aria is from Nozomi Entertainment, and thus never had anything to do with Funimation.

Natsume Yuujinchou has always been CR alone. It isn't even a shared title with Funimation.

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless dates back to the spring before the partnership began. It is actually licensed by Sentai, and is also available on HIDIVE.

46273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago
I have not watched any anime for 2 days now

Being an older anime I now have mental anguish and depression so i need to send my medical biils to:

Amazon
AT&T
Crunchyroll
Elation
Funimation
Hdive
Hulu
NetFlix
NBCUniversal
Sentai
Sony
VRV

Joking aside / we should sue like spilled hot coffee for all the greed they are causing

Yea anime is not a vital but lesser lawsuits have prevailed just saying for argument's sake

You know what there is too much anime / some ??( not that good or objectionable ) to even watch So thanks for making anime stressful instead of being able to enjoy
qwueri 
25794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago
Esh, if Crunchy loses future seasons of Hero Aca and Overlord that's going to be a gut punch.

Guess I should get around to finishing Garo: Vanishing Line sooner rather than later.
830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago

TheAncientOne wrote:


SaeryenTheSongstress wrote:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/publisher/Funimation

This list does not have:
Aria
Free!
NEW GAME!
Natsume Yuujinchou
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless

What a relief

The omission of New Game! seems a bit odd, as that series was on Funimation the season before the partnership began, and is definitely a Funimation title. .



New Game is a CR title?
750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago

qwueri wrote:

Esh, if Crunchy loses future seasons of Hero Aca and Overlord that's going to be a gut punch.

Guess I should get around to finishing Garo: Vanishing Line sooner rather than later.


Garo: Vanishing Line should be staying since they said that series that aired during the partnership will remain on both services.
750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago

DevilGonzalez wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


SaeryenTheSongstress wrote:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/publisher/Funimation

This list does not have:
Aria
Free!
NEW GAME!
Natsume Yuujinchou
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless

What a relief

The omission of New Game! seems a bit odd, as that series was on Funimation the season before the partnership began, and is definitely a Funimation title. .



New Game is a CR title?


Yes it is
110236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago

DevilGonzalez wrote:

New Game is a CR title?

You are correct, the original licensee of the first series was CR, not Funimation. I made the mistake of not verifying my info for that one as i did with the other titles. Thus, both series will safely remain here.

While the CR dubs that Funimation has released on home video and has scheduled for release on home video seem safe for the foreseeable future, their existence streaming on Funimation is more questionable.

hyde90 
221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago
I feel like CR is gonna at least want to be able to simulcast MHA and AToT future seasons because of how popular they are.
239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago
Really sad if overlord goes. One of my favorite anime. I wish crunchy would drop a definitive list already.
37275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago
*catchces up on the thread* whew!
I think this might hurt Funi more that Cruchy. I expect alot of older title to dissapear.

I think all the kowaka(sp) stuff is safe and Toei as wel

They at Atttack on Titan before the sharing of show so I think they might simulcast the next season of MHA as well

And they have gotten streaming right to show that other have home video rights to like jojo..

I hope we get a list before cut off date.
First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.