First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last

Missing anime / short queues / why can't I see...?

Post Reply
Dragon
69799 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/14/18 , edited 3 days ago
Recently, the Funimation/CR partnership was ended. It's unfortunate, but it does mean a bunch of titles have gone missing.
/forumtopic-1025862/update-to-the-crunchyroll-x-funimation-partnership has more details. For the most part, if you see no episodes listed in the anime you're wanting to view, or it doesn't show up on your queue, check the publisher on the details portion of the anime, and if it says Funimation, that's likely why.

I'm just a mod here, and I have no idea if VRV or other hybrid services still deal with both, so if you have questions on that, contact site support, please. I've never even logged in to VRV personally, so I cannot give you suggestions other than more direct contacts.

---

Some of the other considerations are the usual - stuff like mature settings are always an issue if you're using a console, portable platform, phone, or really anything that needs an app store of some flavor rather than a browser. If you aren't seeing what you think you should, the first stop should always be /acct/?action=video to ensure that mature videos are enabled. From my understanding, it's the way to get the app listed in the general content category, but still allow mature (usually bloody/uncensored stuff) to be streamed, since you have to check an additional box.

Hopefully this clears things up, we've had a bunch of threads here (which have been moved to Site Support) about individual shows missing since the change, so I thought it would be good to just make a sticky thread for a bit about this.
16 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/18 , edited 11/24/18
Well, thanks for adding another nail in the coffin of why I want to unsubscribe. Where is the thread I started, looking for answers from other members, not mods working for the place I'm on the fence about supporting.
Dragon
69799 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/18 , edited 11/15/18

RoninYojimbo wrote:

Well, thanks for adding another nail in the coffin of why I want to unsubscribe. Where is the thread I started, looking for answers from other members, not mods working for the place I'm on the fence about supporting.


/forumtopic-1027050/why-is-my-queue-so-short, though looks like you posted there since your post here, so I'm sure this is redundant. Sorry, didn't see your post since I didn't get a quote notification and couldn't answer sooner.

Oh, but I don't work for CR, forum modding is not a paid position.
37972 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/18 , edited 12/8/18
Thank you for doing a tag for this hopefully it will reduce the threads about missing shows.
Dragon
69799 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/18 , edited 12/8/18

curr0001 wrote:

Thank you for doing a tag for this hopefully it will reduce the threads about missing shows.


Thanks, I'd really debated making this or not. I mean, by the rules, those threads all needed to be moved, so they were. But this is a logical place to ask those kinds of questions, since not everyone checks the News section or support, and asking makes sense. Being a mod (but not employee), I've got input on the rules, but I'm not the one who writes them, so my input can be ignored.

I was hoping a "bottom of the list but top of the page" sticky would be a decent middle ground for all of it. We'll see
243 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 11/18/18 , edited 11/19/18
they are missing from vrv as well, funimation isn't part of the vrv bundle anymore. I checked the other day.
Nerumi 
5019 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 11/25/18 , edited 12/2/18
Does anyone know what happened to 18if? One day it was on my queue and the next, gone. I checked CR on my PC and all the episodes are unavailable. Was there an announcement that I missed about it leaving CR?
56200 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
62 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/25/18 , edited 11/25/18

Nerumi wrote:

Does anyone know what happened to 18if? One day it was on my queue and the next, gone. I checked CR on my PC and all the episodes are unavailable. Was there an announcement that I missed about it leaving CR?


TAO explained that in this post:
/forumtopic-1025862/update-to-the-crunchyroll-x-funimation-partnership?pg=65#57909279
Nerumi 
5019 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 11/25/18 , edited 11/25/18

asharka wrote:


Nerumi wrote:

Does anyone know what happened to 18if? One day it was on my queue and the next, gone. I checked CR on my PC and all the episodes are unavailable. Was there an announcement that I missed about it leaving CR?


TAO explained that in this post:
/forumtopic-1025862/update-to-the-crunchyroll-x-funimation-partnership?pg=65#57909279


Ah, so that's it. Thank you for answering my question.
5079 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/2/18 , edited 12/4/18
does anyone know what happened to tatami galaxy and why/when it was taken down without warning i had it in my queue and now its gone and i wanted to watch it soon to any idea if/when it well come back?
890 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/2/18 , edited 12/4/18

branime2000 wrote:

does anyone know what happened to tatami galaxy and why/when it was taken down without warning i had it in my queue and now its gone and i wanted to watch it soon to any idea if/when it well come back?


It was removed because the Funimation partnership ended, you can still watch it for free on Funimation. https://www.funimation.com/shows/76529/
9 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/14/18 , edited 12/14/18
I'm not sure if this was a funimation thing but I'm trying to find this show I watched on here several months/seasons ago. And I'm a bit lost as to where on the forum I'd ask for it.

There was this magical girl show in like Akihabara and a bunch of UFO's came down to earth and then the girls faught the aliens. I watched like an episode or two but I dont know if I was logged in or not.
106 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
20 / M / Tasmania
Offline
Posted 12/14/18 , edited 12/15/18

kannycats wrote:

I'm not sure if this was a funimation thing but I'm trying to find this show I watched on here several months/seasons ago. And I'm a bit lost as to where on the forum I'd ask for it.

There was this magical girl show in like Akihabara and a bunch of UFO's came down to earth and then the girls faught the aliens. I watched like an episode or two but I dont know if I was logged in or not.


That show was Urahara and that is still on the Crunchyroll website in both sub and dub.
74 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
16 / F / Shrek
Offline
Posted 12/29/18 , edited 12/29/18
I was wondering about why so many Funimation shows had been taken off of CR . Thanks for letting us know!
Nerumi 
5019 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 15 days ago , edited 14 days ago
Anyone know what happened to Chronicles of the Going Home Club?
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.