First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last

People who are "Happy" all the time

Post Reply
2890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / UK
Offline
Posted 12/11/18 , edited 12/11/18

VortexVoid wrote:

theyre sick and stupid

part of the human condition is the ability to suffer on occasion. perpetually happy people are an insult to the meaning found in enduring the pains of living.


Kinda harsh. You're basically saying that because they are always happy they are incapable of suffering. That may not be true and they may suffer just not show it. They could have also had something happen in life that makes them always show a happy appearance regardless of what's around them
7303 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/11/18 , edited 12/12/18
It all depends how you frame happy, I’d say I’m a happy person but i have my days where I’m just a little sad and sometimes have a short fuse, which I think stems from my mom passing away 3 years ago I was on anti depressants but the more I thought about it to medicate to “feel” normal wasn’t the right way for me to be. I just have to learn to deal with things as they come.
7303 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/11/18 , edited 12/11/18
Sorry double post
Banned
78 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/11/18 , edited 12/12/18

AnimeObserver123 wrote:


VortexVoid wrote:

theyre sick and stupid

part of the human condition is the ability to suffer on occasion. perpetually happy people are an insult to the meaning found in enduring the pains of living.


Kinda harsh. You're basically saying that because they are always happy they are incapable of suffering. That may not be true and they may suffer just not show it. They could have also had something happen in life that makes them always show a happy appearance regardless of what's around them


798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 12/11/18 , edited 12/12/18
I don't trust anyone who smiles all the time.
253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 12/13/18 , edited 12/13/18
Blue, blue.

3671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / My Inner World
Offline
Posted 12/17/18 , edited 12/17/18
I try to be as happy as I can, because I want to be more relaxed in life and more at peace. I have had some tough times, but I don't like to talk about them online.

I try my best to be positive and friendly online because I want to help other people feel better and make sure they know someone does care about them. One of my goals is to achieve harmony within myself, that way I can live a life I enjoy and spread my joy and kindness to others, that way they can have joy and happiness in their lives too.

I think of "iyashikei" and that's what I want to be to myself, to other living beings, and to this planet.
3671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / My Inner World
Offline
Posted 12/17/18 , edited 12/17/18
I try to be as happy as I can, because I want to be more relaxed in life and more at peace. I have had some tough times, but I don't like to talk about them online.

I try my best to be positive and friendly online because I want to help other people feel better and make sure they know someone does care about them. One of my goals is to achieve harmony within myself, that way I can live a life I enjoy and spread my joy and kindness to others, that way they can have joy and happiness in their lives too.

I think of "iyashikei" and that's what I want to be to myself, to other living beings, and to this planet.
3671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / My Inner World
Offline
Posted 12/17/18 , edited 12/17/18
I try to be as happy as I can, because I want to be more relaxed in life and more at peace. I have had some tough times, but I don't like to talk about them online.

I try my best to be positive and friendly online because I want to help other people feel better and make sure they know someone does care about them. One of my goals is to achieve harmony within myself, that way I can live a life I enjoy and spread my joy and kindness to others, that way they can have joy and happiness in their lives too.

I think of "iyashikei" and that's what I want to be to myself, to other living beings, and to this planet.

(I am really sorry this was a triple post. CR was just full of errors and I didn't think it was being posted.)
9401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Bulgaria, South-E...
Online
Posted 12/19/18 , edited 12/19/18

SaeryenTheSongstress wrote:

I try to be as happy as I can, because I want to be more relaxed in life and more at peace. I have had some tough times, but I don't like to talk about them online.

I try my best to be positive and friendly online because I want to help other people feel better and make sure they know someone does care about them. One of my goals is to achieve harmony within myself, that way I can live a life I enjoy and spread my joy and kindness to others, that way they can have joy and happiness in their lives too.

I think of "iyashikei" and that's what I want to be to myself, to other living beings, and to this planet.

(I am really sorry this was a triple post. CR was just full of errors and I didn't think it was being posted.)


You do it super well. That's why I like you very much, as well, as many other people.

12941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/19/18 , edited 12/19/18
I've never understood how some people can seem so happy so often but more so when its like they're so energetic like high on life, high on natural energy.
Where as most people (well not most but a lot) need drugs or alcohol or at least coffee n energy drinks to be so energetic like that.

And yeah, as mentioned, some people who always "seem" happy are wearing a mask.

But it amazes me how some people are seemingly always happy(i guess there was a time i was always happy and positive). It is good to be positive and always look on the bright side of life.
I think religious people are often always happy. Maybe they think they're better than those who are not or maybe they are just filled with faith and a better after life? not sure.

I also notice that many people from countries like Africa, the middle east, Asia, etc always seem to be happy. (i work with many people from those parts).

789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / behind you
Online
Posted 12/19/18 , edited 12/19/18

MrAnimeSK wrote:

I've never understood how some people can seem so happy so often but more so when its like they're so energetic like high on life, high on natural energy.
Where as most people (well not most but a lot) need drugs or alcohol or at least coffee n energy drinks to be so energetic like that.

And yeah, as mentioned, some people who always "seem" happy are wearing a mask.

But it amazes me how some people are seemingly always happy(i guess there was a time i was always happy and positive). It is good to be positive and always look on the bright side of life.
I think religious people are often always happy. Maybe they think they're better than those who are not or maybe they are just filled with faith and a better after life? not sure.

I also notice that many people from countries like Africa, the middle east, Asia, etc always seem to be happy. (i work with many people from those parts).



we all were masked every single person wears a mask called society, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. deep down we all have ugly thoughts, but that makes us neither bad or good. the mask is necessary so we don't act on those impulses that cause destruction.

also

you've clearly just been to the tourist parts of Africa, Asia and the middle east if you think its happier then any other place in the world.. you not counting the regions stricken by sickness, starvation and poverty. you won't find those in your tourist locations. and the people you claim to work with are likely either happy that they are no longer in those parts or that they finally left those parts behind.

that being said

every part of the world has unhappy people. every day some ones dying every day there is heart break, sickness, murder, theift, depression, etc.

but its important to smile and laugh. those who fear there inevitable deaths stood still in life. (i'm not saying to be the reckless idiot that does those stupid internet challenges either mind you.)

faith not necessarily organized religion is a factor in mental health. so is family, and friends.

humanity were always meant to be together as a group. faith, family, friends socialization helps make people happier. even the most introverted person cannot survive without contract from others.

which is why i notice those who tend to reject others either because of there faith, origin, or some other superficial detail. tend to be the most miserable people on the planet.

those who laugh and smile at the world around them can also uplift those who are more miserable as long as thy are accepting of the kindness offered to them.

also the appearance of high energy and having high energy are not necessarily the same thing.
6487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 26 days ago
Interesting.
218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7 days ago , edited 7 days ago

shinsterp4 wrote:

I'm sure many people may write this off as cynicism, but I am always skeptical about people who are constantly 'happy' and such. No, it's not because I have an upsetting life or anything like that, but how someone can be smiling or have an upbeat attitude 24/7 (or close to that) slightly irks me.

Granted, there may be legitimate circumstances surrounding their attitude.
Are they doing it to simply hide their inner sadness?
Maybe it's to spread this joy to others as showing empathy, knowing what others are going through?
Or perhaps this is just the person's true nature?

Whatever the case, I was wondering if anyone else has felt the same.
Or if anyone is willing to shed some light on this whether it be generally or from personal experience.


I know what you mean. I like smiling people, but people that are too happy... I don't always like them.


28862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Prison
Online
Posted 7 days ago , edited 7 days ago

"This smile isn't me pretending to be happy, it's me f*cking trying to be!"

-PeripheralVisionary, 2018


First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.