First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last

Do you feel yourself trying to reach out

Post Reply
Humms 
14952 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/7/19 , edited 1/7/19
Dont mind me, just thinking is all

Do you ever get this feeling that certain people try to make something so obvious that only you would figure it out.

Its odd, but I always think certain people might go out of their way, nothing extreme, but subtle.

Im not the one for pleasentries, even though thats all I think about between two people.

Maybe im just crazy, but It just feels that people are more comfortable online than reality. It seems the only way to reach multiple people is to become a voice. I think people understand more when they actually listen to ideas and outlook on life instead of the person who creates them. Maybe in order to appreciate someone you have to know whats in their mind first. Almost everyone I know has no idea what is on my mind, everyone in reality I see face to face.

But I did try to become honest, and my voice becomes unsure, unsure of what they would think. I think reality hasnt been so understanding, which is why i never let my mind become totally invested into it. I just speak here as if I was truthfully expressing myself. What does that say about the real world? When I am more comfortable being someone who whises to live through a signal

3356 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/7/19 , edited 1/7/19
No in fact if that's your thinking I hope you don't develop some mental illness. I've heard quite a few which a person becomes obsessed with famous celebrities and think that every small action is a sign to them that they're the one for that person and no one else.

Unless of course in the rare circumstance that they are trying to point out to you then by all means feel overjoyed that you're special
6376 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 1/7/19 , edited 1/7/19
who knows maybe that's why we see aliens (or time travelers) without a mouth, they stopped using it and just don't need it anymore. I rather enjoy real life encounters. it's a shame that people have turned online and gotten addicted, avoiding people, developing "social anxiety" because they have forgotten how to interact with one another. with this, there's become a decline in humanity and empathy, this is only going to get worse. if people are going to interact online why not just take those skills in the real world, it's no big deal. you talk to total complete strangers on the net who are far more questionable and possible sickos, what's wrong with out there?
9804 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / F / End of the line.
Offline
Posted 1/7/19 , edited 1/7/19
To the OP:

Your post is a little confusing, but it sounds as if you feel detached from the world, except when you're online (and perhaps you're fixated on someone/something specific?). If that's the case, then I would recommend spending some time with family and friends offline, and maybe seek counseling if you find you need it.

Best wishes.
Humms 
14952 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/7/19 , edited 1/7/19

Charlotte_Cavatica wrote:

To the OP:

Your post is a little confusing, but it sounds as if you feel detached from the world, except when you're online (and perhaps you're fixated on someone/something specific?). If that's the case, then I would recommend spending some time with family and friends offline, and maybe seek counseling if you find you need it.

Best wishes.


No lol

I spent time with family and friends counseling, thats a good one. God himself couldnt talk me into submission

Its just, it makes more sense to be in my own space. Im fixated on my creations, since they have a life that interests me.

What the fuck is interesting about the world outside? Except looking forward to see the world and meet new people, its just get up, go to work, go home, then start to live life for yourself. Buy, sell, buy and sell.

Trust me id be the last person to get help, I just get tired of leaving my bubble, knowing its just the same format everyday. I feel id be better suited looking down on the world up in a tower. At least i can get some work done
Humms 
14952 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/7/19 , edited 1/7/19

AnimeObserver123 wrote:

No in fact if that's your thinking I hope you don't develop some mental illness. I've heard quite a few which a person becomes obsessed with famous celebrities and think that every small action is a sign to them that they're the one for that person and no one else.

Unless of course in the rare circumstance that they are trying to point out to you then by all means feel overjoyed that you're special


Dont assume anything, but always think about the possibility

Celebrities? Fuck no. I just have a feeling that sometimes people try to be on the same mindset as others.

The only thing I obsess over are my creations, what kind of weirdo obsesses over a celebrity? Dont you think thats unhealthy? I mean a celebrity plays a character that was created by someone elses mind, yet people would obsess over that character because a celebrity somehow took the shape and form of a non existant character.

Its just a format for everyone else, yet they would say its unhealthy to obsess of non existant characters
Humms 
14952 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/7/19 , edited 1/7/19

niotabunny wrote:

who knows maybe that's why we see aliens (or time travelers) without a mouth, they stopped using it and just don't need it anymore. I rather enjoy real life encounters. it's a shame that people have turned online and gotten addicted, avoiding people, developing "social anxiety" because they have forgotten how to interact with one another. with this, there's become a decline in humanity and empathy, this is only going to get worse. if people are going to interact online why not just take those skills in the real world, it's no big deal. you talk to total complete strangers on the net who are far more questionable and possible sickos, what's wrong with out there?



But.... real life interaction is so hollow in a way. The only meaningful interactions I get are people older than me. Then when I talk to people more they somehow repeat themselves like They think I just forgot about what you say.

Its great to talk to people, joke around, laugh haha, I get it. Social anxiety? No Im pretty sure I could talk to you face to face, Im pretty sure I could talk to anyone face to face, but yet would there be any substance to the conversation? One way or another a cobversation is inspired by references, things we have seen that we enjoyed, or things that we look at that give us a reason to enjoy something.

Talk is cheap, references, images, entertainment. The only thing so called *social norms or standards* actually define a healthy life.

Of course someone like me who wishes to witdraw from such meaningless endeavors is simply considered socially awkward I mean throw me surrounded by people who talk about sports all day, cars, what a fucking treat amiright, my creative mind is just flowing
169 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/14/19
I think I understand what you mean. You're bored with superficial and meaningless interactions. Often times that's what you get in the real world. In an online community, where you have avatars and don't need to post pictures of yourself (like CR), the people that enjoy you and your conversations, art ect., get a glimpse of the real you, who you are as a person, not just what they see on the surface.

Honestly, I don't think it's a bad thing to crave this, especially if you don't feel like you're getting acknowledged for your ideas and thoughts from the real world. That's what I think is so great about being able to come to a site like this. You feel more understood, there are people with common interests...at least i do. But I also don't think it's healthy to completely ostracize yourself from your real life. From people in real life. It hardens you in a way, it makes you start to feel like everyone is against you, it makes you bitter. (been there)

I guess what I'm trying to say is you have to have a balance between the two. If you have your online friends and a few people that care about you, you have it made.


*this is just where my mind took me from the original post.

Humms 
14952 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/14/19

Tufffcookie wrote:

I think I understand what you mean. You're bored with superficial and meaningless interactions. Often times that's what you get in the real world. In an online community, where you have avatars and don't need to post pictures of yourself (like CR), the people that enjoy you and your conversations, art ect., get a glimpse of the real you, who you are as a person, not just what they see on the surface.

Honestly, I don't think it's a bad thing to crave this, especially if you don't feel like you're getting acknowledged for your ideas and thoughts from the real world. That's what I think is so great about being able to come to a site like this. You feel more understood, there are people with common interests...at least i do. But I also don't think it's healthy to completely ostracize yourself from your real life. From people in real life. It hardens you in a way, it makes you start to feel like everyone is against you, it makes you bitter. (been there)

I guess what I'm trying to say is you have to have a balance between the two. If you have your online friends and a few people that care about you, you have it made.


*this is just where my mind took me from the original post.


All i want is for someone to understand me. See what I have to offer

I have posted a picture of myself here before, but now I want to be the best I can possibly be mentally and physically. In time, I just dont want distractions. I want to show why working my ass off pays off.

You know, whats so hard about sitting down with someone and just tell them everything that I am trying to persue.

I just feel like nobody really cares except me, thats why I dont let anyone in. Trust me, its not like I want to ignore people, I go out of my way for people. Some point in your life you need to see whats holding you back. Never stop until people finally see

I know people here are sweethearts, just try to understand I would rather be the one standing behind the screen, waiting for a time to show what people are missing


513 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
34 / M / Italy
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/14/19
I think i can completely relate with your idea. It's not just the need of human conection but the need of a "meaningful" connection. those kind of people that can reshape a part of yourself. And it's natural because we can see ourselves with a lot of potential anda world to share with others amd at the same time neglected by what appears to be a huge mass of plain, shallow, uninteresting people who seem to run all the show.
In the end that's not what matters. I can tell with my not perfect but personal wisdom. Be yourself and let people get near because of that. There's nothing more fullfilling thar an unexpectedly deep conversation, finding someone you can resonate with, but that takes time and courage to show what you can offer. In a way, most of us who enter a forum are searching for that same thing, this true connection that evades us in the reality, and i think there's nothing bad or shameful about it.
But. and i think this is key, If you wish to sit with someone and tell him/her everything you have inside, you must be ready to find an answer, a judgement and maybe some reality check that might be unwelcome. Otherwise you don't want a connection, but a repository.

That said, I'll be happy to discuss weird stuff whenever you wish.
Humms 
14952 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/15/19

DrowSorcerer wrote:

I think i can completely relate with your idea. It's not just the need of human conection but the need of a "meaningful" connection. those kind of people that can reshape a part of yourself. And it's natural because we can see ourselves with a lot of potential anda world to share with others amd at the same time neglected by what appears to be a huge mass of plain, shallow, uninteresting people who seem to run all the show.
In the end that's not what matters. I can tell with my not perfect but personal wisdom. Be yourself and let people get near because of that. There's nothing more fullfilling thar an unexpectedly deep conversation, finding someone you can resonate with, but that takes time and courage to show what you can offer. In a way, most of us who enter a forum are searching for that same thing, this true connection that evades us in the reality, and i think there's nothing bad or shameful about it.
But. and i think this is key, If you wish to sit with someone and tell him/her everything you have inside, you must be ready to find an answer, a judgement and maybe some reality check that might be unwelcome. Otherwise you don't want a connection, but a repository.

That said, I'll be happy to discuss weird stuff whenever you wish.


But how can you say reality check? This is about a world created from blood sweat and tears. I just want someone to see eye to eye with something we love to do, and if someone tells me thats a waste if time, well you go right ahead and keep saying that.


If you cant accept what im trying to do, that wont stop me, but will it stop them from talking with me? Giving up, Id rather die
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/15/19

Dead end but I keep walking
48603 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / M
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/15/19
I think us perverts only pay attention to the first half of the question.
Humms 
14952 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/15/19

JustineKo2 wrote:

I think us perverts only pay attention to the first half of the question.


We are all perverts.

Some are just more sophisticated than others

Im not sure If I want to claim this as a quote or not
513 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
34 / M / Italy
Offline
Posted 1/15/19 , edited 1/15/19
there's more of one way to do that. Sure, i can say "you have shit taste" or "you're wrong" i can also say "you know, I see this thing " and give a new reference framework that can actually change your perception about the subject, and i think the latter is the core of a meaningful connection with someone else, valid for a real, virtual, near or distant connection.
A true connection changes your world in some way because affects you in your core and yes, from that point on there's a risk of ending more cynical about some things or discover that maybe you were wrong about a certain preconception. That's what i meant about a reality check.

Now, i'm a little intrigued about which purpose is so hard to accept that you're feeling that the cost of following it is some level of social ostracism but i can completely respect it and think that it's valuable because it requires some serious guts to choose something that can leave you alone. I can tell you that on the premise that i left all my friends and work to come study on another country, not knowing fully the language and still i'm planning to do even weirder things in the future so yeah, my road makes me think that maybe I'll die alone and maybe by my own hand, but it still will be my path, and i'm ok with that.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.