First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last

Girly Air Force Discussion

Post Reply
1062 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/14/19 , edited 2/14/19

HOOfan_1 wrote:

Phantom's desire to have Kei as her partner makes no sense after witnessing her personality. How will Kei's presence aid her goal of saving humanity? She's already said she sees him as a liability, so why would she want anything to do with him? If she cares nothing about saving Japan, then I doubt she has any motivations to procreate.


My personal thought is Phantom doesn't really care about Kei, but she request this to force Kei to leave Gripen as a punishment if she wins the bet.
7794 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/14/19 , edited 2/14/19

kiratachibana wrote:


My personal thought is Phantom doesn't really care about Kei, but she request this to force Kei to leave Gripen as a punishment if she wins the bet.


It seems like they want us to believe she makes her decisions based on logic though, reducing the capability of one of her allies out of spite seems more like an emotional decision.
1062 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/14/19 , edited 2/14/19

HOOfan_1 wrote:


kiratachibana wrote:


My personal thought is Phantom doesn't really care about Kei, but she request this to force Kei to leave Gripen as a punishment if she wins the bet.


It seems like they want us to believe she makes her decisions based on logic though, reducing the capability of one of her allies out of spite seems more like an emotional decision.


Maybe because Kei provoked her? She doesn't really care about her "allies" and even think they are just a burden at this point anyway.
656 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/14/19 , edited 2/14/19

HOOfan_1 wrote:

It seems odd that Japan would develop a weapon that has no interest in protecting Japan. Seems like that attitude would have gotten her scrapped.


Yeah - that's pretty damning to be honest.

Only counterpoints I can think of are that her results have led them to overlook this so far?

Another strong possibility is that the engineer guy leading the project has been carefully concealing this from his superiors and since they are probably regarded as experimental weapons no one is likely to talk to them much.

It's a pretty dodgy attitude though but the cynic in me says that Kei will somehow redeem her after earning her respect in next weeks duel :p
43957 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/14/19 , edited 2/14/19
So, to summarize:

There is a totally 100% bullshit reason why they're all different fighter jets.

We're I guess suppose to think it's unfair that an ECM fighter used ECM in a dogfight?

If Anima can take over targeting guidance for other weapons in flight then why isn't that literally what they do *all the damn time* so that the world's military power isn't being rendered useless? Rather then build an Anima around a fighter jet why not install one on a missile destroyer and wipe out entire squadrons of Xi with the push of a button?

The Xi just deployed the *exact* type of weapon I said conventional military would use against the Xi in a realistic scenario. -.-

7794 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/14/19 , edited 2/15/19

runec wrote:

There is a totally 100% bullshit reason why they're all different fighter jets.



As far as I'm concerned they didn't even give a reason.

It was just a bunch of mumbo jumbo about each Anima having its own goals...WTF does that even have to do with designing the plane they fly?

It's more like non-sequitur.
43957 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/14/19 , edited 2/14/19

HOOfan_1 wrote:
As far as I'm concerned they didn't even give a reason.

It was just a bunch of mumbo jumbo about each Anima having its own goals...WTF does that even have to do with designing the plane they fly?

It's more like non-sequitur.


Really, they could have just said "Magic" and waved their hands around in the air and it would have been a better explanation than what they tried to go with. >.>

It also means that Anima performance is being limited by a shortage of modern fighter craft to utilize. It specifically ruled out even using variants of the same fighter. So there's only so many modern fighters to go around before they have to start building sub par Anima from older generation fighters or from aircraft that are not designed for air to air combat.

Which, ironically, they actually could have used this episode. If someone had thought to build an Anima on a bomber or other air to ground specialized airframe they wouldn't have these problems.

And that's before you even get in to the fact the *second* it became apparent there was a 1 Anima per plane rule, America ( and everyone else, really ) would immediately forbid anyone from using its fighter craft as an Anima base. I mean, in the context of the show Japan is monopolizing 2 American fighters and 1 Swedish fighter. Barring the countries that actually build those fighters from being able to use them as Anima.

America would never allow that and I imagine Sweden would be pretty pissed as it's not like they produce as wide a range of fighter craft as a major power like America. In fact, it looks like the Gripen is the only fighter craft Sweden manufactures and the only one they have in their air force. With Japan taking it, Sweden is SOL.

This show is aggressively stupid. >.>



28787 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
58 / M /
Offline
Posted 2/14/19 , edited 2/15/19
I really don't watch these shows for logic. Just to have fun. But just for the sake of argument the US could use the F-22, F-35, F-18 off the top of my pointed head. But Europe would be screwed. Who would get the only Eurofighter?

Real RF-4EJ "Phantom"


F-15J "Eagle"


Saab JAS-39C "Gripen"
7794 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/14/19 , edited 2/15/19

Gafennec wrote:

I really don't watch these shows for logic. Just to have fun. But just for the sake of argument the US could use the F-22, F-35, F-18 off the top of my pointed head. But Europe would be screwed. Who would get the only Eurofighter?


I checked out the Light Novels on Amazon Japan and there are covers that show an F-22, X-29, F/A-18, Typhoon, SU-37,.maybe Mig-29

Actually to me it looks like there are 2 different versions of the F/A-18. Maybe that rule doesn't consider the Super Hornet the same as the original.

Don't forget the Dassault Rafale in Europe.
28787 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
58 / M /
Offline
Posted 2/14/19 , edited 2/15/19

HOOfan_1 wrote:


Gafennec wrote:

I really don't watch these shows for logic. Just to have fun. But just for the sake of argument the US could use the F-22, F-35, F-18 off the top of my pointed head. But Europe would be screwed. Who would get the only Eurofighter?


I checked out the Light Novels on Amazon Japan and there are covers that show an F-22, X-29, F/A-18, Typhoon, SU-37,.maybe Mig-29

Actually to me it looks like there are 2 different versions of the F/A-18. Maybe that rule doesn't consider the Super Hornet the same as the original.

Don't forget the Dassault Rafale in Europe.


Eurofighter is Germany, UK and Italy, Rafale is French so France would get it. Oh yeah the US would also get the F-16. I wouldn't think the F-18E could be considered different than the F-18C.
43957 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/14/19 , edited 2/15/19

HOOfan_1 wrote:
I checked out the Light Novels on Amazon Japan and there are covers that show an F-22, X-29, F/A-18, Typhoon, SU-37,.maybe Mig-29

Actually to me it looks like there are 2 different versions of the F/A-18. Maybe that rule doesn't consider the Super Hornet the same as the original.

Don't forget the Dassault Rafale in Europe.


Good eye. From reading the LN synopsis; 4th girl is a Su-47 Berkut. 5th is a Dassault Rafale ( Goth loli, of course ). Then there's a Mig-29 and Su-27, an F-2 Viper Zero and an F-22.






76936 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
35 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 2/21/19 , edited 2/26/19
Episode 7

Kei has proven his worth to Phantom helping Gripen shoot her down in the simulator. With that, Phatnom wants Kei to pilot her ship on the next mission, but he sticks with Gripen as the three are engaging the enemy. The plan didn't go as planned with the Taiwanese fleet not doing to well, so Eagle goes support the fleet, while it's Gripen and Phantom against the enemy. Pretty much, this was all about getting on the same page as all it took was Kei showing Phantom that she's letting everything get to her head.
250303 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 2/21/19 , edited 2/21/19
Phantom's personality is like a child honestly. I mean, not the immature kind but the type that isn't easy to get along with.

Also, seems Eagle is getting more and more fond of Kei.
656 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/21/19 , edited 2/21/19
I presume the anima from the new craft we saw this week will be introduced in the next episode?

Oh and Kei's going to be in trouble when he finally gets home - I was half expecting his childhood friend to smuggle onto the plane that engineer from Komatsu arrived on :p
1062 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/21/19 , edited 2/21/19

runec wrote:


HOOfan_1 wrote:
I checked out the Light Novels on Amazon Japan and there are covers that show an F-22, X-29, F/A-18, Typhoon, SU-37,.maybe Mig-29

Actually to me it looks like there are 2 different versions of the F/A-18. Maybe that rule doesn't consider the Super Hornet the same as the original.

Don't forget the Dassault Rafale in Europe.


Good eye. From reading the LN synopsis; 4th girl is a Su-47 Berkut. 5th is a Dassault Rafale ( Goth loli, of course ). Then there's a Mig-29 and Su-27, an F-2 Viper Zero and an F-22.



According to Dengeki Bunko Girly Air Force Official Website.The latest is an unknown Russian fighter. The description said the fighter does not exist... so I assume it is most likely the stealth fighter Su-57.

The author really likes Russian fighter.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.