First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last

The Quintessential Quintuplets Discussion

Post Reply
7390 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/11/19 , edited 1/12/19

Karrissel wrote:


HOOfan_1
So Itsuki is also jealous of the warmth of the Uesugi family.


In this anime it seemed exclusively pity and not wanting to upset the little sister - maybe it's more nuanced in the source materials?


You quoted the wrong person

I get the same feeling. Maybe not pity, but compassion. It was after that she told him she wouldn't fight him coming to be a tutor, although she would do the work on her own without his help. I felt she was telling him she wanted hi to get paid, but she still wasn't going to work with him.
39156 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/11/19 , edited 1/12/19

Azure2290 wrote:I've just done finishing a section that depends on them looking 100% like each other, its the core plot of the MC trying to work out who is actually who when they try to be the same. To top it off they're in a Hotspring Inn so it would be a hell of a lot harder to keep the dyes from fading.

It's a core part of working out who is who, with two girls having stark contrast in tones, it'll make it so much harder to believe that they can look identical.


I don't know the source but unnatural color differences are typically for the reader's/watcher's benefit only, and don't usually get acknowledged in-world.

They look different because in a visual medium, they *have* to look different. If twins literally had no distinguishing visual features, nobody would have any idea who was saying or doing what. Even the artists would get confused.

It's the same concept as green/pink/blue hair on characters that nobody finds odd at all. The characters almost never "actually" have weird hair colors in the world the series takes place in -- they have crazy hair to make them stand out for the audience.
510 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/12/19 , edited 1/12/19

HOOfan_1 wrote:


You quoted the wrong person



Whoops - I quoted a quote of a quote and it went a bit wrong

Either way I quite liked this and will be following it - I think the wedding bit didn't add much though - I kinda think it would work better if you don't already know they will eventually get on?
501 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / Meh
Offline
Posted 1/12/19 , edited 1/14/19

marklebid wrote:


Azure2290 wrote:I've just done finishing a section that depends on them looking 100% like each other, its the core plot of the MC trying to work out who is actually who when they try to be the same. To top it off they're in a Hotspring Inn so it would be a hell of a lot harder to keep the dyes from fading.

It's a core part of working out who is who, with two girls having stark contrast in tones, it'll make it so much harder to believe that they can look identical.


I don't know the source but unnatural color differences are typically for the reader's/watcher's benefit only, and don't usually get acknowledged in-world.

They look different because in a visual medium, they *have* to look different. If twins literally had no distinguishing visual features, nobody would have any idea who was saying or doing what. Even the artists would get confused.

It's the same concept as green/pink/blue hair on characters that nobody finds odd at all. The characters almost never "actually" have weird hair colors in the world the series takes place in -- they have crazy hair to make them stand out for the audience.


JFC, they looks different now because of hair styles and the way they dress.

THE VERY DIFFERENT colored hair is the issue here, they pose as each other on the fly, this series has the whole plot about finding out who the girl is, yet with appearance only they can easily blend without a second thought.

They cannot do those plots correctly with the hair colours so vastly different, when in the manga it is subtle.
35 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/12/19 , edited 1/12/19

Karrissel wrote:


HOOfan_1
So Itsuki is also jealous of the warmth of the Uesugi family.


In this anime it seemed exclusively pity and not wanting to upset the little sister - maybe it's more nuanced in the source materials?


Just wait and see. Let's say the relationship with their father is very complicated (one of the BIG reasons to hate Futaro is that he's sent by their father - they also do not live together). Finally, there is also some pity but Itsuki is mostly impressed by the way the Uesugi family is, even with all the difficulties they are enduring - maybe the right word will be not jealousy but a little of envy.
qwueri 
27688 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 1/12/19 , edited 1/12/19
The wedding scenes felt a bit too on the nose, and the premise feels quite a bit like The Royal Tutor in it's general structure. But overall the character dynamics seem fun, if only to watch Fuutarou bounce off the rest.
28441 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/12/19 , edited 1/13/19
Yeah harem Royal Tutor. I like the quints (do they all have the same seiyuu?) So which one doesn't dye her hair? Also like the imouto but not the brother at all. Also the wedding kinda makes this anticlimactic doesn't it?
9121 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/12/19 , edited 1/13/19
Little Sister pulling out the big guns - puppy eyes and tears. Ultimate "I'm a piece of crap if I don't change my mind" ammo.

I thought it would be a lot cheesier, but I'm enjoying it so far.
27145 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
23 / F / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 1/12/19 , edited 1/13/19

kkmenchi wrote:

Yeah harem Royal Tutor. I like the quints (do they all have the same seiyuu?) So which one doesn't dye her hair? Also like the imouto but not the brother at all. Also the wedding kinda makes this anticlimactic doesn't it?


No but in this CM they are all voiced by Ayane Sakura

https://youtu.be/im3k9VYR8AQ

But it's a pretty stacked VA cast

Ichika = Kana Hanazawa
Nino = Ayana Taketatsu
Miku = Miku Ito
Yotsuba = Ayane Sakura
Itsuki = Inori Minase

Also rather than anticlimactic, it makes it more enjoyable to figure out who actually is the bride but I do see your point
28441 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/12/19 , edited 1/13/19

Swaggercandy wrote:


kkmenchi wrote:

Yeah harem Royal Tutor. I like the quints (do they all have the same seiyuu?) So which one doesn't dye her hair? Also like the imouto but not the brother at all. Also the wedding kinda makes this anticlimactic doesn't it?




Also rather than anticlimactic, it makes it more enjoyable to figure out who actually is the bride but I do see your point


I assumed it was the red head

9121 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/12/19 , edited 1/13/19

kkmenchi wrote:


Swaggercandy wrote:


kkmenchi wrote:

Yeah harem Royal Tutor. I like the quints (do they all have the same seiyuu?) So which one doesn't dye her hair? Also like the imouto but not the brother at all. Also the wedding kinda makes this anticlimactic doesn't it?




Also rather than anticlimactic, it makes it more enjoyable to figure out who actually is the bride but I do see your point


I assumed it was the red head



That seems like it would make the most sense, but with the hair up it could be a..... red..... herring .
154 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / L.A.
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/14/19
I had Domestic Girlfriend pegged as my number one romance anime of the season but after both premier episodes, Quintuplets is on top. I think I may have expected too much from the former and that's why it flipped, but I feel like I'll be enjoying this show more based on the personal interactions with each of the sisters. I personally liked the addition of the wedding scene because at least it shows the intention of a marriage at the end of this (probably not in the anime but manga). Either way, I'm looking forward to more from this series. Miku for the win
510 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/14/19

kkmenchi wrote:


Swaggercandy wrote:


kkmenchi wrote:

Yeah harem Royal Tutor. I like the quints (do they all have the same seiyuu?) So which one doesn't dye her hair? Also like the imouto but not the brother at all. Also the wedding kinda makes this anticlimactic doesn't it?




Also rather than anticlimactic, it makes it more enjoyable to figure out who actually is the bride but I do see your point


I assumed it was the red head



Logically it has to be because he said 'on the day we met which lead to meeting the redhead and he only meets her of the 5 sister's on that day.
11737 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/14/19

Karrissel wrote:

kkmenchi wrote:

Swaggercandy wrote:

kkmenchi wrote:
Yeah harem Royal Tutor. I like the quints (do they all have the same seiyuu?) So which one doesn't dye her hair? Also like the imouto but not the brother at all. Also the wedding kinda makes this anticlimactic doesn't it?

Also rather than anticlimactic, it makes it more enjoyable to figure out who actually is the bride but I do see your point

I assumed it was the red head

Logically it has to be because he said 'on the day we met which lead to meeting the redhead and he only meets her of the 5 sister's on that day.

One of the first pages of the second volume of the manga says "His future bride is one of the quints!!" in big letters. So they are gonna try to at least throw you off the scent of the early impression that it has to be Itsuki.
7448 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/17/19

qwueri wrote:

The wedding scenes felt a bit too on the nose, and the premise feels quite a bit like The Royal Tutor in it's general structure. But overall the character dynamics seem fun, if only to watch Fuutarou bounce off the rest.


I kind of liked that.

Knowing that things actually end with an actual relationship means I can relax and enjoy the fun without fretting that this will be another "one step forward, two steps back" show where you end up wanting to shout at the screen for the characters to actually just honestly express how they really feel.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.