First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last

Why is PM disabled?

Post Reply
16811 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/9/19 , edited 4/9/19

Tactiturn wrote:


yumikikoharu wrote:


Others here think that maybe no one is actually working on this and after 4 months of this, I'm starting to think so, too.


That is what I now suspect, as there has yet to be any response why the inbox is disabled and changes were made to the forums. Perhaps this is from the results of Crunchyroll's new management, which has me concerned of the declining customer support we are receiving.


You know if I didn't check this thread, i wouldn't have known you quoted my post. I never got a notification and it's bothering me. is something broken again I wonder.

Also yeah, I heard they changed many things years ago and many of the old staff quit. It's worrying. I love this site and it's deteriorating.
7432 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 4/9/19 , edited 4/9/19
That was from me copy and pasting and not using the quote box, my apologies. I also read Karakov's post above, which has me disappointed that members who use the Inbox to communicate have to suffer since individuals were sending annoying messages. I suppose we will have to wait to see what will become of Crunchyroll and whether a member on the staff will finally listen to the many complaints that are mentioned in the forums.
16811 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/11/19 , edited 4/11/19

Tactiturn wrote:

That was from me copy and pasting and not using the quote box, my apologies. I also read Karakov's post above, which has me disappointed that members who use the Inbox to communicate have to suffer since individuals were sending annoying messages. I suppose we will have to wait to see what will become of Crunchyroll and whether a member on the staff will finally listen to the many complaints that are mentioned in the forums.


I see. Yeah, I wish they can find a way to fix that (if they're actually fixing trying at the moment). I did see some shady users around who maybe were the ones sending the annoying messages. I've been added by what I think are porn bots lately.
134 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
34 / F / Germany
Offline
Posted 4/13/19 , edited 4/14/19
I've unread messages in my inbox since months. I certainly would like to read them someday It is displaying a number count for ages, its irritating.
81601 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
22 / # # # # # # # # T...
Offline
Posted 4/14/19 , edited 4/15/19
My inbox is temporarily disabled right now. So you guys are having the same problem? It's been like this for a month for me.
36836 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 4/15/19 , edited 4/15/19

TrissyShugo wrote:

My inbox is temporarily disabled right now. So you guys are having the same problem? It's been like this for a month for me.


Yes, all inbox stuff is currently disabled by crunchyroll. Rather than fix an issue they just turn it off. Sloppy as usual.

They need to stop focusing on that piece of crap VRV and fix CR.
753 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / Cupertino, Califo...
Offline
Posted 4/15/19 , edited 4/17/19
If you haven't noticed, this whole site is slowly falling apart. So if PMs finally stopped working, it was most likely nobody really maintaining the internal inbox system.

Now going much deeper into Crunchyroll, this whole site looks almost exactly the same since 2014 with very little changes made throughout the years.

However, if you even look more deeper. The entire site's internal structure and functionality dates way back to 2007 which is when I still using Crunchyroll from that long ago. The forums, inbox, guestbooks, profile pages and account settings look virtually the same today as back then. I'm surprised that those features have been working for so long without any modern improvements or overhauls.

Don't be surprised if the forums suddenly stop working at some point due to the lack of maintenance for this site.

Even Funimation ended up revamping and overhauling their own website and forums not too long ago to avoid issues like this.

Shame on Ellation for treating this place like a piece of crap and completely abandoning the users on Crunchyroll just to push VRV on NA customers while ignoring the rest of the world who watches anime as well.
16811 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/16/19 , edited 4/16/19

AppleOverlord wrote:

If you haven't noticed, this whole site is slowly falling apart. So if PMs finally stopped working, it was most likely nobody really maintaining the internal inbox system.

Now going much deeper into Crunchyroll, this whole site looks almost exactly the same since 2014 with very little changes made throughout the years.

However, if you even look more deeper. The entire site's internal structure and functionality dates way back to 2007 which is when I still using Crunchyroll from that long ago. The forums, inbox, guestbooks, profile pages and account settings look virtually the same today as back then. I'm surprised that those features have been working for so long without any modern improvements or overhauls.

Don't be surprised if the forums suddenly stop working at some point due to the lack of maintenance for this site.

Even Funimation ended up revamping and overhauling their own website and forums not too long ago to avoid issues like this.

Shame on Ellation for treating this place like a piece of crap and completely abandoning the users on Crunchyroll just to push VRV on NA customers while ignoring the rest of the world who watches anime as well.


A month or so ago the forums actually had issues. I didn't notice cause I don't use it much anymore (except for this thread) and people are complaining about being unable to create new threads and that some of the forum threads have errors of their own.
943 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/16/19 , edited 4/16/19
it seems everyone forgot they were only ever paying for anime licensing, not site maintenance.
4160 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/16/19 , edited 4/16/19

neboke wrote:

it seems everyone forgot they were only ever paying for anime licensing, not site maintenance.

And people wonder why people use free anime websites
753 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / Cupertino, Califo...
Offline
Posted 4/16/19 , edited 4/16/19

neboke wrote:

it seems everyone forgot they were only ever paying for anime licensing, not site maintenance.


Crunchyroll used to update and their site and change their layout mostly every year until at the end of 2012, where they just slowly stopped updating things until it came to a complete stop. Even the old Flash video player for watching anime was still being in use on this website until the end of last year where it was replaced with the HTML5 video player. Although, as of now... the old Flash video player still shows up for some people.

Even “pirated” websites have a better layout and a video player that makes this website look like it was designed by college website developer interns.

It’s a shame really. I mean, a professional company can’t even maintain their own website while “amateurs” on the “other” sites can make a very sophisticated yet simple and functional looking website that works.
22 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
31 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/16/19 , edited 4/17/19
thinking about it ... maybe they should create a discord channel
i know a couple of free anime sites that have that
943 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/16/19 , edited 4/17/19
site maintenance happened primarily because the people behind the scenes cared enough to do so.

people don't wonder why they use free sites, they've always known why.
3890 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
22 / M / In The Cut
Offline
Posted 4/16/19 , edited 4/16/19
its been 3 to 4 months i would give up hope that it would come back it never mattered to me i didnt use it but they likely havent gotten around to telling us they are getting rid of it permantly. But i expect the worst outcome of most everything so meh. Expect the worst hope for the best?
7432 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 4/17/19 , edited 4/18/19
Copied from a closed topic:


Karkarov wrote:

As far as I am aware inbox functionality was turned off due to spammer accounts, as of this time there are no plans to turn it back on. Since this has now been asked and answered I am locking and closing it.


Despite many express concern of the Inbox being not accessible, there is a possibility that members not see the Inbox enabled any time soon. I want to continue to push for the staff to reconsider, but the developers may not see this situation as a problem greater than other tasks sadly. I apologise to the people who had free membership passes sent to their Inbox and did not use them yet.
First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.