First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last

CR shutdowns

Post Reply
2549 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/7/19
I think it may be time to assume CR has cut back on servers, not been repairing,replacing, or upgrading current servers. Instead everything went to VRV like insiders were claiming. Now it's causing rolling outages as people get out of work, school and such every single afternoon it seems for 6 days now. If that's wrong and I hope it is.Still rolling outages are not a programming bug it's very clearly something more and it's past time CR tells us what is going on.
2549 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/7/19

neotag wrote:

I think it may be time to assume CR has cut back on servers, not been repairing,replacing, or upgrading current servers. Instead everything went to VRV like insiders were claiming. Now it's causing rolling outages as people get out of work, school and such every single afternoon it seems for 6 days now. If that's wrong and I hope it is.Still rolling outages are not a programming bug it's very clearly something more and it's past time CR tells us what is going on.



funny story an hour or so ago I though the above was too harsh , maybe pointed at something too hard that i have no proof of. As I hit to edit the comment the site went down now I can't edit it and don't think i want to any more. We need answers to these outages.

143205 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/7/19
The simple answer right now is that they're not committed to maintaining the quality of the staff or servers of the CR website. Things seem to be going in a downward spiral since the second half of last year. Maybe they'll turn things around and give everyone a proper explanation about the ongoing issues and the future of the site but it really seems unlikely at this point in time. There will surely be more glitches and outages to come but I think it's near pointless to point them out over and over here in the forums. Though they'll certainly be futile in the short term, emailing, tweeting or simply taking your business elsewhere are the only real concrete solutions to addressing the problems in the long run. To be honest though, shuttering the site is probably in the best interest of maintaining the integrity of the service and brand.
6024 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/11/19
I tells CR 6 months ago I when cancel my subscribe that if I see no improvements I go back to pirate, since then nothing been done, HTML5 player still bare bones and lacking even a timer on the progress bar when yous wants to skip ahead, like when watching full series I don't need to see OP or ED 6 times a day but becomes very hard to skip the 90 seconds when no timer on bar, furthermores they keeps adding new episodes of show only to sees they are not available and just different languages I no understand, very frustrating along with all that non anime crap filling up the anime list.

it been 6 months and no improvements i doubts next 6 months and other improvements, so i guess CR no longer cares about my money since they do nothings to improves the sites so I no longer pays them, I will send a feedback thats will bes ignored cause they don't give an shits about this site anymores as last few days has shown
19083 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/7/19
I was wondering why it was crashing a lot recently.

Come on CR...I really don't want to go to Hulu or fucking Netflix but damn man....
3191 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
48 / M / Mexico
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/8/19

Nogara-san wrote:

I was wondering why it was crashing a lot recently.

Come on CR...I really don't want to go to Hulu or fucking Netflix ....


If you were thinking "or some pirate streaming site" (Because neither has most of this season series), well, that is exactly what the people doing atm the ddos attack on crunchyroll want.
2549 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/8/19

mangamuscle wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:

I was wondering why it was crashing a lot recently.

Come on CR...I really don't want to go to Hulu or fucking Netflix ....


If you were thinking "or some pirate streaming site" (Because neither has most of this season series), well, that is exactly what the people doing atm the ddos attack on crunchyroll want.


their as much proof of a ddos as their is the idea it's cr not maintaining severs. What we need is a statement from CR or people will make up their own reasons like you and I have.
10026 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/7/19
STOP ACCEPTING NEW CUSTOMERS, your showing no loyalty to the old ones what so ever,PREMIUM paid services shut down well then kick the non premiums off til its fixed, i better get a few free months after this utter bs is fixed! quit focusing on your background adds and actually concentrate on fixing your shit, for me it seems 12 pm is dead time a good 3 hrs of dead cr everyday for the past week if your sacrificing service to some users for the sake of others,dont screw over the ones who have been paying in for years!! and not having a direct article addressing this on CRUNCHYROLL its self is the biggest indicator your saving pennies and are gonna loose dollars

is missing a few new customers really worth not supplying a paid service and loosing loyal ones (added in and loosing loyal ones in edit)

950 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/8/19
I resubscribed today, and after I watched the third episode of 'The Promised Neverland', and than I ran into the error. I was aggravated, but things happen. I just hope it doesn't happen anymore.
3191 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
48 / M / Mexico
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/8/19

neotag wrote:


mangamuscle wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:

I was wondering why it was crashing a lot recently.

Come on CR...I really don't want to go to Hulu or fucking Netflix ....


If you were thinking "or some pirate streaming site" (Because neither has most of this season series), well, that is exactly what the people doing atm the ddos attack on crunchyroll want.


their as much proof of a ddos as their is the idea it's cr not maintaining severs. What we need is a statement from CR or people will make up their own reasons like you and I have.


It is standard procedure not to ackowledge ddos attacks since that only ENCOURAGES them to continue. Think about it, for a script kiddie only time and some know how is required to mount this kind of attacks and accepting they have been taken offline crunchyroll is as big as achievement as can be. As for there being no proof, this forum is shock full, just jump to the spanish or portuguese side.
10026 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/8/19
JUST REALIZED IM PAYING CRUNCHY ROLL WHICH IN TURN SUPPORTS VRV WHICH IS UNAVAILABLE in canada, FFS
3191 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
48 / M / Mexico
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/8/19

neotag wrote:

If this was a one day thing maybe we could agree, but it's not been 6 going on 7 days of off and on rolling outages. You need to respond to the customer base


They have in social media, so stop pretending they are trying to hide the fact. As for acknowledging it is a ddos attack, google it, you will be hard pressed to find companies saying it themselves (that does not stop others from saying the details that have "leaded" or are public knowledge. I do think that crunchyroll must improve their protective measures, but disagree about the "let's go to pirate sites, fuck crunchy" stance since it will be detrimental to anime streaming as a whole.

204 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
18 / F / Brisbane, Australia
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/8/19
I'm not currently having any issues with streaming, but for the last day or so I have been with the forums. Whenever I try and create a new topic or poll it says that there is an error, is anyone else having this problem?
3191 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
48 / M / Mexico
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/8/19

emkat0910 wrote:

I'm not currently having any issues with streaming, but for the last day or so I have been with the forums. Whenever I try and create a new topic or poll it says that there is an error, is anyone else having this problem?


I think you need to have 500 cr points to create a new thread/topic.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-880719/cant-make-new-topic-in-other-forums
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.