First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last

CR shutdowns

Post Reply
204 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
18 / F / Brisbane, Australia
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/7/19
Thanks for responding so quickly, I thought that might be the case but I have created a forum post before, hence why I am confused. I guess I'll see what happens when I get to 500 cr points.
2549 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/8/19

mangamuscle wrote:


neotag wrote:

If this was a one day thing maybe we could agree, but it's not been 6 going on 7 days of off and on rolling outages. You need to respond to the customer base


They have in social media, so stop pretending they are trying to hide the fact. As for acknowledging it is a ddos attack, google it, you will be hard pressed to find companies saying it themselves (that does not stop others from saying the details that have "leaded" or are public knowledge. I do think that crunchyroll must improve their protective measures, but disagree about the "let's go to pirate sites, fuck crunchy" stance since it will be detrimental to anime streaming as a whole.



they have not their Twitter was the 1st place and only i've seen address it. That after 4 days of nothing. The responce nothing more then "were working on it thank you for your patience" Which said twitter has taken to retweeting itself turning it into a form response for 2 days now when it's happened again. Basic details have not been give. Addressing that their is a problem, and Explaining what it is and how your fixing it are two entirely different things. One is a time buyer the other is an actual answer.

I've seen companies more so for online service tell of ddos attack quite often. More so with games and media services. Saying so would in fact take the heat off of the company and rally to defend them. I find your reasoning for why you keep is secret empty because of that.

I also have not once said fuck cr or said we should pirate and of what I've seen from others is reluctance. That they don't want to go back to illegal subs but Cr's been so bad in customer service and just plain service they feel like they will be forced too.

CR's had a bad year plus of pr situations. From the High spice backlash where CR only put out the HTML player because they need to prove they were investing in the site, The botched handling of the Funimation partnership causing weeks of uncertainty, The PM system been down for 2 week for a wide range of people on CR where CR is still sending details of business via pms people can not access. Wide spread broken ads before that. The consent "suggestion to use VRV" when CR has an issue. CR is Not good with PR and they really need to improve that.

18271 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/8/19
I second what Neotag Said. Glad to see im not alone on the Broken inbox and messaging also. This is another example of bad service. If Netflix can send emails about down time and service problems. This site can certainly do the same or Pin a top News Article about whats going on. If they are and dont want to acknowledge DDOS if its happening. Then they could still put out a generic message or news article of we are upgrading or doing maintenance and interruptions may be expected for the next XX days or until further notice. That in itself would go a long way. A little message when the page fails hardly seems appropriate. Most institutions send emails and list it in the top header on the site maintenance from XX to XX. Then do a page banner during them hours. To just throw that out way they did as a response is pathetic.

I know ive been reading that crunchyroll had its hand in getting a few Spanish and Portuguese anime sites taken down. Dont know if its true or not. I can assume if they did they will be DDOS attacked. However when you have paying costumers and service is interrupted over a prolonged period. You say something out of business and professional courtesy. { ON your platform or its mailing list not a third party provider} I shouldnt have to create a new account or join a new platform or be a part of one {twitter} to find out about whats going on with a site i am a paying member of already. If its even true they made a statement on there. Especially when this platform has the financial backing it does. Thats what public relations and costumer service is supposed to do. I also agree with the statement iriomote made when VRV came this site's focus and quality truly started to feel less up to its original quality and seems to have gone down hill.
37339 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/8/19

emkat0910 wrote:

I'm not currently having any issues with streaming, but for the last day or so I have been with the forums. Whenever I try and create a new topic or poll it says that there is an error, is anyone else having this problem?
Nobody has been able to make a new thread for a while now because of what ever issue CR is having.


I also have not once said fuck cr or said we should pirate and of what I've seen from others is reluctance. That they don't want to go back to illegal subs but Cr's been so bad in customer service and just plain service they feel like they will be forced too.
The funny thing is that CR is CR's own worst enemy.
1682 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
17 / M / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/8/19
They really need to fix this... It's almost a daily thing now. I try watching CR on my laptop and every here and then I get the shutdown and shinobi message --_--
204 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
18 / F / Brisbane, Australia
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/8/19
It seemed like that was the case to me but no one had brought anything up, so I thought I might have been the only one. Thanks for confirming for me.
47229 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
54 / M / Hawai'i
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/8/19
So far, I've only seen the site down when super popular shows are posted like Rising of the Shield Hero or Promised Neverland. Noticed the store has been moved to its own set up. Maybe to take some of the load off this place.

There was a questionnaire a few weeks back that popped up for me asking what sort of features we have here that I'd like to see on VRV. I think eventually this site will just redirect to the Crunchyroll channel on VRV someday. While VRV is U.S. only right now, they don't want to be that way forever.
22789 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 2/7/19 , edited 2/8/19
OP must be new here.
9094 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 2/8/19 , edited 2/8/19
It's part of a strategy to deprecate an older platform to force adoption of the alternative newer one:

Gradually making the old platform obsolete and unbearable while moving the actual content (video) over to its other platform.

Increasing awareness of the existence of the newer platform as much as possible during the downtime of the old platform to tout it as more stable, then eventually kill the old platform entirely under the pretense that it is outdated and broken (even though it's entirely due to their purposeful negligence of maintaining it, and instead making it seem as if a platform aging is some unstoppable natural process). At that point, the user base is forced to accept adoption of the new platform if they really love the content so much, regardless of whether the new platform is feature-complete.

Therefore, it is no surprise that some day soon, the CR website will simply redirect to VRV, even without any of the community forums or features carried over from CR.
18271 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 2/8/19 , edited 2/8/19
@GeominorAI they follow that philosophy people will just smoke bomb this service and jump to HIDive. directly to Funimation or a competitor.Some id even imagine would take monetary support and start throwing it at pirate sites. I dont know many people who enjoy or talk highly of VRV. In retrospect from what i hear. Seems most think they should really stop trying to force feed people VRV they dont want it. They prefer Crunchyroll site directly.
3598 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/8/19 , edited 2/8/19

Soapdirty wrote:

STOP ACCEPTING NEW CUSTOMERS, your showing no loyalty to the old ones what so ever,PREMIUM paid services shut down well then kick the non premiums off til its fixed, i better get a few free months after this utter bs is fixed! quit focusing on your background adds and actually concentrate on fixing your shit, for me it seems 12 pm is dead time a good 3 hrs of dead cr everyday for the past week if your sacrificing service to some users for the sake of others,dont screw over the ones who have been paying in for years!! and not having a direct article addressing this on CRUNCHYROLL its self is the biggest indicator your saving pennies and are gonna loose dollars

is missing a few new customers really worth not supplying a paid service and loosing loyal ones (added in and loosing loyal ones in edit)



Kicking off non premiums would only worsen the situation and is definitely not the right way to go about things
3598 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/8/19 , edited 2/8/19

GeominorAI wrote:

It's part of a strategy to deprecate an older platform to force adoption of the alternative newer one:

Gradually making the old platform obsolete and unbearable while moving the actual content (video) over to its other platform.

Increasing awareness of the existence of the newer platform as much as possible during the downtime of the old platform to tout it as more stable, then eventually kill the old platform entirely under the pretense that it is outdated and broken (even though it's entirely due to their purposeful negligence of maintaining it, and instead making it seem as if a platform aging is some unstoppable natural process). At that point, the user base is forced to accept adoption of the new platform if they really love the content so much, regardless of whether the new platform is feature-complete.

Therefore, it is no surprise that some day soon, the CR website will simply redirect to VRV, even without any of the community forums or features carried over from CR.


Doesn't help that VRV is an America only site atm though
3598 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/8/19 , edited 2/8/19

neotag wrote:


mangamuscle wrote:


neotag wrote:

If this was a one day thing maybe we could agree, but it's not been 6 going on 7 days of off and on rolling outages. You need to respond to the customer base


They have in social media, so stop pretending they are trying to hide the fact. As for acknowledging it is a ddos attack, google it, you will be hard pressed to find companies saying it themselves (that does not stop others from saying the details that have "leaded" or are public knowledge. I do think that crunchyroll must improve their protective measures, but disagree about the "let's go to pirate sites, fuck crunchy" stance since it will be detrimental to anime streaming as a whole.



they have not their Twitter was the 1st place and only i've seen address it. That after 4 days of nothing. The responce nothing more then "were working on it thank you for your patience" Which said twitter has taken to retweeting itself turning it into a form response for 2 days now when it's happened again. Basic details have not been give. Addressing that their is a problem, and Explaining what it is and how your fixing it are two entirely different things. One is a time buyer the other is an actual answer.



https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
19085 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 2/8/19 , edited 2/13/19

mangamuscle wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:

I was wondering why it was crashing a lot recently.

Come on CR...I really don't want to go to Hulu or fucking Netflix ....


If you were thinking "or some pirate streaming site" (Because neither has most of this season series), well, that is exactly what the people doing atm the ddos attack on crunchyroll want.


well, some pirate sites got MALware too that I don't want. But..if something's I wanna see bad enough I"ll go there.

47229 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
54 / M / Hawai'i
Offline
Posted 2/8/19 , edited 2/8/19
VRV is nice but its still bare bones compared to what we have here on the actual(even if its running down) Crunchyroll site. You still can't rate shows and there's no down vote option in the comments just to name a few things.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.