Ascendance of a Bookworm - I'll Become a Librarian At Any Cost! Anticipation

Post Reply
249630 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 3/11/19 , edited 3/12/19


Staff
Director: Mitsuru Hongo
Series Composition: Mariko Kunisawa
Chara Design: Yoshiaki Yanagida
Studio: Ajia-do Animation Works

Cast:
Maine: Yuka Iguchi
Ferdinando: Sho Hayami

Plot Summary


Urano, a bookworm who had finally found a job as a librarian at a university, was sadly killed shortly after graduating from college. She was reborn as the daughter of a soldier in a world where the literacy rate is low and books were scarce. No matter how much she wanted to read, there were no books around. What is a bookworm to do without any books? Make them, of course. Her goal is to become a librarian! So that she may once again live surrounded by books, she must start by making them herself.


Preview:
https://youtu.be/KfPyxG-ZbFM
7458 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Online
Posted 3/11/19 , edited 3/12/19
Cool didn't expect this to get an anime. I was expecting "How a Realist Hero Rebuilt A Kingdom" next.
39174 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/12/19 , edited 3/12/19
"I'll Become a Librarian At Any Cost"

Um, with some training and time it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to -- oh isekai.
7458 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Online
Posted 3/12/19 , edited 3/12/19

marklebid wrote:

"I'll Become a Librarian At Any Cost"

Um, with some training and time it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to -- oh isekai.


The Librarian part isn't really a problem. It's getting books that is the problem. In the world she gets reincarnated into paper has not been invented. They only have parchment made from animal hide and a single sheet of parchment supposedly costs about a month's salary for a typical worker. Books are very rare and are basically collectors items for the nobles, and very few non-nobles are literate. So the story isn't about her training to be a librarian, it's about her trying to make paper and books.
qwueri 
27702 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 3/12/19 , edited 3/12/19
Sounds like a prequel to Read or Die (I'm only half joking).
62164 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
38 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 3/12/19 , edited 3/12/19

qwueri wrote:
Sounds like a prequel to Read or Die (I'm only half joking).


You beat me to it. I'd give you points if I had points to give.
38568 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Online
Posted 3/12/19 , edited 3/12/19
This sound like a interesting premise!
555 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 3/19/19 , edited 3/19/19

qwueri wrote:

Sounds like a prequel to Read or Die (I'm only half joking).


The protagonist is the only character I know that makes Yumiko Readman looks like she barely likes book.


Joke aside, this is a very good novel. Very slow paced, but constant development, with character developing and growing through their contact with each others , and the banter resulting from their relation is just amazing to follow.
Definitely not the kind of story for action, harem, ecchi or romance lovers, but anyone who can enjoy the slow pace/SoL element just fine will find in that an amazing novel.
Oh, and beware, the main character's personality isn't magically changed after her reincarnation like for some isekai where the MC for some random unknown reason goes from a good for nothing personality with no girlfriend since birth to someone who can instantly put his life in danger for the first damsel in distress he encounters and a chick magnet, but instead evolves over time, so she carried with her her very autistic-like personality at first, which can be annoying for some readers. The point is, just like other characters, she'll change and learn over time so bear with her at first~.



I don't know how good the anime is going to be, but at least J Novel club also announced the licensing of the novel version last Sunday, so it will become available in its "good" form no matter what happens with the anime, so that's still that <3
7458 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Online
Posted 3/19/19 , edited 3/19/19

Zefyris- wrote:

so she carried with her her very autistic-like personality at first, which can be annoying for some readers. The point is, just like other characters, she'll change and learn over time so bear with her at first~.


I never got that impression. She's a little kid (like 4 or 5) with an adult brain and very sickly, so she doesn't really get the chance to interact with many others. She just seems weird to those around her because she is smarter than they are and she knows about technology they don't have
555 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 3/21/19 , edited 3/21/19

HOOfan_1 wrote:


Zefyris- wrote:

so she carried with her her very autistic-like personality at first, which can be annoying for some readers. The point is, just like other characters, she'll change and learn over time so bear with her at first~.


I never got that impression. She's a little kid (like 4 or 5) with an adult brain and very sickly, so she doesn't really get the chance to interact with many others. She just seems weird to those around her because she is smarter than they are and she knows about technology they don't have


She was autistic and her reactions at the beginning feel very childish and self-centered, which is normal considering what she was . I'll point out that in the Web Novel version, the author even wrote a warning on the Narou's main page saying that at the beginning the protagonist can be "the worst" but that she changes overtime, so this was fully acknowledged and voluntary from the author. We can't really deny that this is a thing considering even the author said it :).
7458 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Online
Posted 3/21/19 , edited 3/21/19

Zefyris- wrote:

She was autistic and her reactions at the beginning feel very childish and self-centered, which is normal considering what she was . I'll point out that in the Web Novel version, the author even wrote a warning on the Narou's main page saying that at the beginning the protagonist can be "the worst" but that she changes overtime, so this was fully acknowledged and voluntary from the author. We can't really deny that this is a thing considering even the author said it :).


I guess the manga changed her character, because she was pretty likable from the very start in the manga
555 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 3/23/19 , edited 3/23/19
I read the manga as well, and I'd say the manga was quite faithful to the original. It's probably more that some peoples will be more tolerant and more prone to like that type of character than others.
Her personality at the beginning in the manga annoyed a great deal plenty of readers too, just not everyone :sweatingbullets:
46651 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/23/19 , edited 3/23/19
An isekai focused around books? This could be my kinda story.
21784 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
35 / M / Montreal, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/23/19 , edited 3/23/19

HOOfan_1 wrote:

Cool didn't expect this to get an anime. I was expecting "How a Realist Hero Rebuilt A Kingdom" next.


Same here...

I REALLY want to see that one animated. I do hope CR gets it.
You must be logged in to post.