First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last

Radiant Season 2 Discussion

Post Reply
10806 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Online
Posted 10/2/19 , edited 10/2/19


Synopsis:

Seth is an aspiring sorcerer from the Pompo Hills area. Like all wizards, he is an "infected," one of the few living beings who survived the contact of the Nemesis—creatures fallen from the sky that contaminate and decimate all those they touch. Being immune to them, Seth wants to become a Hunter and fight the Nemesis. But more than that, Seth wants to engage in a quest that goes beyond the simple hunt for monsters. He wants to find the Radiant, their presumed cradle. Aided by a faction of fellow sorcerers, he travels the world in search of the Radiant, under the harsh scrutiny of the Inquisition.



Other Information

Type: TV
Episodes: 21
Status: Currently Airing
Aired: Oct 2, 2019 to ?
Premiered: Fall 2019
Broadcast: Wednesdays at 19:25 (JST)
Studios: Lerche
Source: Manga
Genres: Action, Adventure, Magic, Fantasy


Watch subtitled on Crunchyroll: https://www.crunchyroll.com/radiant

Watch dubbed a few weeks later on Funimation: https://www.funimation.com/shows/radiant/#videos
10806 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Online
Posted 10/2/19 , edited 10/2/19
I wonder when this will post, it aired at the same time as Ahiru no Sora in Japan...so it should have posted about an hour ago


I thought season 1 started off quite bland and got really interesting by the end.

edit:...and it's up

https://www.crunchyroll.com/radiant
basxto 
116 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/2/19 , edited 10/2/19
It looks like it’s delayed in Germany again. (France probably too)
It says available on the 4th
596 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/2/19 , edited 10/2/19
The previous season - except from a few episodes at the end - was pretty dull and it's a shame because the world seems pretty interesting. I hope this one picks up the pace!
42480 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / New York
Online
Posted 10/2/19 , edited 10/3/19
Fangirl post: Dart is back!




And the younger version was cute too.
44339 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / ?
Offline
Posted 10/2/19 , edited 10/3/19
Largely a recap episode it seems, although the stuff with Dragunov was interesting. I like that the inquisitors are basically worshiping a JRPG protagonist.

Since this season will be covering more material I'm hoping there will be less filler, but we will have to see.
10806 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Online
Posted 10/3/19 , edited 10/3/19

Deuswyvern wrote:

Largely a recap episode it seems, although the stuff with Dragunov was interesting. I like that the inquisitors are basically worshiping a JRPG protagonist.

Since this season will be covering more material I'm hoping there will be less filler, but we will have to see.


Heck, the protag reminds me of the playable character from Dungeon Siege too.
256302 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 10/9/19 , edited 10/9/19

XanderThd wrote:

The previous season - except from a few episodes at the end - was pretty dull and it's a shame because the world seems pretty interesting. I hope this one picks up the pace!


We got Grimm returning this week. Really hope they develop his character as I still find him to be the most mysterious character in the show. I agree the previous season was pretty dull.

However, it would seem this season ais also expanding more into its world fiction.
Dushan 
15261 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / Ontario
Offline
Posted 10/12/19 , edited 10/13/19
I liked the first season of Radiant, but did they skip something between the 2 seasons? It kinda feels like we jumped the story a bit at the start of this one.
14012 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/12/19 , edited 10/13/19
No they didn't skip anything its just the end of first season/begging of the second season is where Seth heads home and leaves for his next adventure.. So far from I have seen I feel like we will see the same slow start feel ,like we had in season 1 however with a faster ramp.

I'm really excited to see where the character development goes especially with Dragunov. I hope a Fox and the Hound situation happens between Dragunov and Seth.(Except for the ending of the fox)
1782 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/16/19 , edited 10/16/19
Well there's a cute new female character. Cuter than Melie imo. I like Melie I just have a thing for short haired dark skinned anime girls. Goes back to my Casca crush I guess. And this show again demonstrates its annoying habit of ending on cliffhangers.
10806 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Online
Posted 10/16/19 , edited 10/17/19
Wait...if you are a sorcerer, then you've been cursed by a nemesis....but in this city full of sorcerers, you can't be a sorcerer knight if it's obvious you are cursed....huh? How does that even make sense?
9445 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/17/19 , edited 10/17/19

HOOfan_1 wrote:

Wait...if you are a sorcerer, then you've been cursed by a nemesis....but in this city full of sorcerers, you can't be a sorcerer knight if it's obvious you are cursed....huh? How does that even make sense?


I think there's a stigma with the horns in particular.
10806 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Online
Posted 10/17/19 , edited 10/17/19

tonic451 wrote:

I think there's a stigma with the horns in particular.


The receptionist said any visible signs of curse preclude people from becoming a Knight-Sorcerer.....the fact that they are a sorcerer is proof that they are cursed though...
9445 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/17/19 , edited 10/17/19

HOOfan_1 wrote:


tonic451 wrote:

I think there's a stigma with the horns in particular.


The receptionist said any visible signs of curse preclude people from becoming a Knight-Sorcerer.....the fact that they are a sorcerer is proof that they are cursed though...


They want normal looking sorcerers as applicants They especially don't want ones with horns. Throughout the show, people seem to have a stronger reaction to Seth's horns than other signs of other sorcerers.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.