First  Prev  1398  1399  1400  1401  1402  1403  1404  1405  1406  1407  1408  1409  1410  Next  Last

Introductions

Post Reply
41 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / F / Enceladus
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/15/19

miGneto wrote:

I'll be honest --- I have never eaten corn (as in corn on the cob or even uhh, corn... kernels?)

Popcorn, corn flakes, and corn chips are as close as I've gotten. Having said that, crispy corn with melted cheese sounds yummy! Especially with the KFC. That reminds me... there's this KFC joint here that I haven't been to in a while (Dasarang) so I think I will go next weekend

I'll get back to Magus' Bride soon. I'm all over the place with geeky hobbies.



The closest Korean food place near me is a 3.5 hour drive away T_T
Geeky hobbies? Do go on


Tufffcookie wrote:
Meowsayo:
Ok, sooo why am I just learning about this delicacy? I'm looking up recipe online and making it this weekend!
Also, tattoos are terribly expensive...for good ones. But solid investments, permanent AF. lol



Id recommend this recipe (sans the onions and bell peppers)! https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/corn-cheese

And yes! Permanent... unless you get them on your finger T_T What once was a dachshund for me now looks like some weird balloon animal T_T
41 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / F / Enceladus
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/15/19

miGneto wrote:

I'll be honest --- I have never eaten corn (as in corn on the cob or even uhh, corn... kernels?)

Popcorn, corn flakes, and corn chips are as close as I've gotten. Having said that, crispy corn with melted cheese sounds yummy! Especially with the KFC. That reminds me... there's this KFC joint here that I haven't been to in a while (Dasarang) so I think I will go next weekend

I'll get back to Magus' Bride soon. I'm all over the place with geeky hobbies.



The closest Korean food place near me is a 3.5 hour drive away T_T
Geeky hobbies? Do go on


Tufffcookie wrote:
Meowsayo:
Ok, sooo why am I just learning about this delicacy? I'm looking up recipe online and making it this weekend!
Also, tattoos are terribly expensive...for good ones. But solid investments, permanent AF. lol



Id recommend this recipe (sans the onions and bell peppers)! https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/corn-cheese

And yes! Permanent... unless you get them on your finger T_T What once was a dachshund for me now looks like some weird balloon animal T_T
36560 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/14/19

meowsayo wrote:

The closest Korean food place near me is a 3.5 hour drive away T_T
Geeky hobbies? Do go on




There are a lot of Korean places here in Vancouver! My best friend here is Korean and I have another Korean chingu who is going to move here (from Seoul) in late March. I visited her summer 2016 but she's been wanting to move here haha!

Ehh, my geeky hobbies are pretty run of the mill, I'd say

- Marvel / DC comics which I buy every week (digital)
- Manga (mostly shonen)
- Anime (I have so many shows on my queue and there are a lot I haven't started T_T)
- Video games (this is the worst since I buy and don't have enough time to play them all)

After work I go workout and when I get home I'm sometimes too tired to do anything so I just zone out and watch anime lol



41 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / F / Enceladus
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/15/19

miGneto wrote:

There are a lot of Korean places here in Vancouver!

Ehh, my geeky hobbies are pretty run of the mill, I'd say

- Marvel / DC comics which I buy every week (digital)
- Manga (mostly shonen)
- Anime (I have so many shows on my queue and there are a lot I haven't started T_T)
- Video games (this is the worst since I buy and don't have enough time to play them all)

After work I go workout and when I get home I'm sometimes too tired to do anything so I just zone out and watch anime lol



Ive heard! My brother lives up in Canada (Whitehorse though) and always tells me about how many Koreans there are everywhere haha

Ive been wanting to get into gaming but with a Mac I find it gets tricky T_T lol
but ah yes please recommend some anime series for me to binge- im looking for either comedic or action/horror, since ive just hopped off a rather ridiculous shoujo train haha
36560 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/14/19

meowsayo wrote:

Ive heard! My brother lives up in Canada (Whitehorse though) and always tells me about how many Koreans there are everywhere haha

Ive been wanting to get into gaming but with a Mac I find it gets tricky T_T lol
but ah yes please recommend some anime series for me to binge- im looking for either comedic or action/horror, since ive just hopped off a rather ridiculous shoujo train haha



Yikes, I've never been to Whitehorse or the Yukon but I do see what their weather is like and yikes haha! Not sure I'd be able to deal with the cold

I'm a console guy so I play on PS4 primarily (last gen it was PS3 / Xbox 360). At the moment I'm playing Pokemon Ultra Moon on 3DS

For action / horror-ish elements, try the three Berserk animated movies. They're not on Crunchyroll but they should be on Netflix:

Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the King

Berserk: The Golden Age Arc II - The Battle for Doldrey

Berserk: The Golden Age Arc III - The Advent

Another series that's near and dear to my heart is Claymore (action, kinda high fantasy setting). This was on Crunchyroll but went back to Funimation after they called it quits

If you want something with a bit of mystery / thriller aspects I recommend Erased

Comedy --- Konosuba!

30389 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
23 / M / An Imouto's Lap
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/14/19

jirakunokana wrote:
And I'm apparently very photogenic.


To be fair...you are.
1010 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
22 / F / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/14/19 , edited 1/15/19

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


jirakunokana wrote:
And I'm apparently very photogenic.


To be fair...you are.


Thanks! (Why are you in prison?)
34785 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
22 / M / Inside Thanos's anus
Offline
Posted 1/15/19 , edited 1/15/19

jirakunokana wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


jirakunokana wrote:
And I'm apparently very photogenic.


To be fair...you are.


Thanks! (Why are you in prison?)


Probably for threatening to kill his Parents if what people tell me about PV these days is true
199 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/15/19 , edited 1/15/19

miGneto wrote:


Tufffcookie wrote:

All these quotes were getting out of control for me.



I'm guessing you haven't seen the quote trains yet


Tufffcookie wrote:

MiGneto:
I'd suggest if you work in an industry where you need to look professional, I wouldn't get it anywhere visible when you wear a t-shirt. It's becoming more common and accepted to have visible tattoos in the work force but you don't want to be declined for a job because of it. I'm a scoundrel and work in construction so it doesn't matter for me And besides that, a lot depends on the size of the piece you want and your pain threshold as well.



Yeah, good call on that. Luckily they're pretty lenient with tattoos and piercings where I work (my boss's boss is all tatted up and she is smoking hot hahaha)

I'm definitely going to leave my upper right arm out since I have an 8 inch scar there from surgery and I would prefer to have it visible



Quote train, huh? No, I didn't even know that was a thing.
Well that's cool! People are starting to realize that tattoos don't make you incompetent. I'd never cover up a scar. It means you went through something and overcame it.
199 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/15/19 , edited 1/15/19

meowsayo wrote:



Tufffcookie wrote:
Meowsayo:
Ok, sooo why am I just learning about this delicacy? I'm looking up recipe online and making it this weekend!
Also, tattoos are terribly expensive...for good ones. But solid investments, permanent AF. lol



Id recommend this recipe (sans the onions and bell peppers)! https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/corn-cheese

And yes! Permanent... unless you get them on your finger T_T What once was a dachshund for me now looks like some weird balloon animal T_T



Thank you! This looks amazing. I'll make it this weekend.
So you have a wiener on your finger? Balloon animals are still cute!
36560 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 1/15/19 , edited 1/15/19

Tufffcookie wrote:


Quote train, huh? No, I didn't even know that was a thing.
Well that's cool! People are starting to realize that tattoos don't make you incompetent. I'd never cover up a scar. It means you went through something and overcame it.


Yeah, some users just quote over and over and over and it just takes up so much... space? It's annoying and mods would have to clean it up. I don't post as much as I did when I first joined (this is the most I've posted in a while) so I don't know if it happens as often as it did

The reason for my scar (which was from surgery) was because my humerus snapped in two --- and the reason that happened was because of arm wrestling

I brought my arm back slightly to gather momentum (to pin the other guy's arm down) and when I went for it the bone just snapped. It sounded like a gunshot

1010 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
22 / F / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/15/19 , edited 1/15/19

Ryulightorb wrote:


jirakunokana wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


jirakunokana wrote:
And I'm apparently very photogenic.


To be fair...you are.


Thanks! (Why are you in prison?)


Probably for threatening to kill his Parents if what people tell me about PV these days is true


Shame. He seems nice, too.
199 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/15/19 , edited 1/16/19

miGneto wrote:


Tufffcookie wrote:


Quote train, huh? No, I didn't even know that was a thing.
Well that's cool! People are starting to realize that tattoos don't make you incompetent. I'd never cover up a scar. It means you went through something and overcame it.


Yeah, some users just quote over and over and over and it just takes up so much... space? It's annoying and mods would have to clean it up. I don't post as much as I did when I first joined (this is the most I've posted in a while) so I don't know if it happens as often as it did

The reason for my scar (which was from surgery) was because my humerus snapped in two --- and the reason that happened was because of arm wrestling

I brought my arm back slightly to gather momentum (to pin the other guy's arm down) and when I went for it the bone just snapped. It sounded like a gunshot



That's ridiculous, it kind of defeats the purpose...the ease of replying to that last comment. Honestly I'm posting to kind of get a few friends on here because none of my friends IRL are into anime. They look at me like i'm crazy when it's brought up.

That story about your arm makes me cringe...I've never had a broken bone or had to get stitches but I went to post secondary school for nursing. When I saw a guy's ankle snapped and bone through the skin I shied away. Going to a morgue was cool though.
First  Prev  1398  1399  1400  1401  1402  1403  1404  1405  1406  1407  1408  1409  1410  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.