First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
The Difference Between Christian, Muslim, and Atheist Dating Websites:
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/2/08 , edited 10/3/08
Has anyone else noticed this? I stumbled across an add for a Christian dating website that looked a lot like this:



Notice that the people in the picture seem attractive but not sexual. They’re also the cliché Caucasian pictures of a happy Christian family figure. There’s a bright background, smiling face, everything to paint the picture of a utopian relationship.

Then, while here on Crunchy Roll, I saw an add for a Muslim dating site that looked a bit like this:



Very similar. The two seem to be happy, there are bright colors, they’re cliché and attractive but not sexual. Then…here’s a secular dating sight:



Notice how this add removes the man and presents the woman as a sexual lure. She’s scantly clad and stares into the viewers soul-or rather, pants-with a seductive glare.

Does anyone else find this absolutely hilarious?
1748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/2/08 , edited 10/3/08
LOL! i knew there where dating sites such as these, but i always thought they where for people lokking for one nighters and such.
1542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 10/2/08 , edited 10/3/08
one night stand compared to lasting relationships?
Posted 10/2/08 , edited 10/3/08
what they look like doesn't really matter =/ everyone that goes to online dating sites are ugly =/
27158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 大迷宮
Offline
Posted 10/3/08 , edited 10/3/08
^ That's the internet for you. That's why I never trust it.
873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Holland
Offline
Posted 10/3/08 , edited 10/3/08
whahahahahahahah nice topic,
Inspired by the search you did I searched for a jewish dating site
And I actually found it, on top of the list.....

again a happy man and woman,
I'm still not trusting it :P.

I always get the feeling you'll be instantly stalked by dirty-old-people when you sign up for these things..
Posted 10/3/08 , edited 10/3/08
christian and muslim dating sites?? get outta here!
2350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / somewhere..
Offline
Posted 10/3/08 , edited 10/3/08
I think all three of those advertisements are hilarious.

I highly doubt there are many overly attractive wonderful people with good values on any of those sites, people like that in real life don't have to resort to internet dating. lol
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/5/08 , edited 10/6/08

KinkyHamster wrote:

what they look like doesn't really matter =/ everyone that goes to online dating sites are ugly =/


What are you talking about? Everyone on the internet is flawlessly sexy. Just ask them, they’ll tell you! XD
11460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Austin, Texas
Offline
Posted 10/5/08 , edited 10/6/08
I don't need those sites 'cause I have a real couple that I met in here.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 10/5/08 , edited 10/6/08

SeraphAlford wrote:

Has anyone else noticed this? I stumbled across an add for a Christian dating website that looked a lot like this:



Notice that the people in the picture seem attractive but not sexual. They’re also the cliché Caucasian pictures of a happy Christian family figure. There’s a bright background, smiling face, everything to paint the picture of a utopian relationship.

Then, while here on Crunchy Roll, I saw an add for a Muslim dating site that looked a bit like this:



Very similar. The two seem to be happy, there are bright colors, they’re cliché and attractive but not sexual. Then…here’s a secular dating sight:



Notice how this add removes the man and presents the woman as a sexual lure. She’s scantly clad and stares into the viewers soul-or rather, pants-with a seductive glare.

Does anyone else find this absolutely hilarious?


Dont be stupid there are christian whores too, and there's prob a lot of em too.
2669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Right there
Offline
Posted 10/5/08 , edited 10/6/08
LMAO this is a bit off topic i entered to this korean dating website... and i uploaded a pic of ugly betty and wrote down exactly what is in my profile here on crunchy roll, like i saved the world and all that B*ll Sh*t

Then all the old farts from that site starting clicking on my profile for some reason

dating websites are hilarious.... i just can't take them seriously
16585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
72
Offline
Posted 10/5/08 , edited 10/6/08

SeraphAlford wrote:


Does anyone else find this absolutely hilarious?


Not really, a sexually suggestive image could/would be quite offensive to Muslims, and Christianity isn't very big on premarital relations. Atheism doesn't have any qualms with all that and its a proven fact that sex sells.
What they all have in common is that they want your money and are willing to sell you "happiness".
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/5/08 , edited 10/6/08

FlavorAmazing wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


Does anyone else find this absolutely hilarious?


Not really, a sexually suggestive image could/would be quite offensive to Muslims, and Christianity isn't very big on premarital relations. Atheism doesn't have any qualms with all that and its a proven fact that sex sells.
What they all have in common is that they want your money and are willing to sell you "happiness".


*Face palms.* Dude, the funny part isn’t that atheists use sex to sell crap. The guy who owns that site is probably religious. The joke is that these advertising ploys are all painfully cliché and obviously absurd. Two say, “Join our dating website and you’ll live happily ever after,” and the last says, “Join our dating site and hot chick will want to have sex with you.”


First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.