First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last

The Incentive of Fansub Community's Collective Mentality

Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

SuprSrsBiz wrote:
Would you like me to tell you how I am a good dub critic?


...

Are you ready for it?


...


I USE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE EVERY DAY.

I know when it sounds wrong. I know when someone does a bad job voicing. And I know full well what a localization is. It's when the show is edited to make it more in context with to the region it is localized to. Again, this is completely the opposite of what you said in your other post. I want my subs to be what is said during the show. Not what people decide they should be saying. Again, nothing but your hypocrisy is shown in these posts.

And yet the professional localization process on anime was approved by the original copyrights holders through licensing. Also, by your logic, an English teacher should be the best person to do voice dubbing. But then tell me, can an English teacher act? Just what is voice acting?
2075 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

DomFortress wrote:


SuprSrsBiz wrote:
Would you like me to tell you how I am a good dub critic?


...

Are you ready for it?


...


I USE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE EVERY DAY.

I know when it sounds wrong. I know when someone does a bad job voicing. And I know full well what a localization is. It's when the show is edited to make it more in context with to the region it is localized to. Again, this is completely the opposite of what you said in your other post. I want my subs to be what is said during the show. Not what people decide they should be saying. Again, nothing but your hypocrisy is shown in these posts.

And yet the professional localization process on anime was approved by the original copyrights holders through licensing. Also, by your logic, an English teacher should be the best person to do voice dubbing. But then tell me, can an English teacher act? Just what is voice acting?



No. The right to produce and sell a dub was given to the company because they pay a sum of money for it. They have the authority to modify it and distribute it in the way they see fit.



English teachers have nothing to do with it. When a dub job sounds good, I praise it. When it sounds crappy, I bash it. No English teachers involved anywhere here.
72275 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09
DomFortress I'll be sure to get the offical DVD from now on, as they are clearly superior, kinda like someone in this forum.

Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

SuprSrsBiz wrote:
And that's how the fansub community perceive themselves to be "serious". Not being professional, logical, factual, nor educational. Just a bunch of amateur hobbyists with a false sense of elitism due to their perverse incentive of misplaced fears on unpleasant situations, commitments, progress, and truth.
2075 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

DomFortress wrote:
And that's how the fansub community perceive themselves to be "serious". Not being professional, logical, factual, nor educational. Just a bunch of amateur hobbyists with a false sense of elitism due to their perverse incentive of misplaced fears on unpleasant situations, commitments, progress, and truth.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

nexusmaylo wrote:

DomFortress I'll be sure to get the offical DVD from now on, as they are clearly superior, kinda like someone in this forum.

What's are those?

SuprSrsBiz wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
Have fun arguing with yourself, since you said so here:


72275 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09
They are the officially released DVD Clannad Collection 1 (ep 01-12) by ADV.
2075 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

DomFortress wrote:

SuprSrsBiz wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
Have fun arguing with yourself, since you said so here:




Except that link has everything to do with you and this discussion. I suggest you read up on it, you might learn something.
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

nexusmaylo wrote:

They are the officially released DVD Clannad Collection 1 (ep 01-12) by ADV.
I don't watch Clannad, so I don't see your point. Even if you said that they're from ADV, there's no proofs that those are indeed from the R1 anime DVD release of Clannad.
114144 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09
lol this thread sounds like another cynical attempt to change the anime world through an internet forum whos population still consists of mostly minors...
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

tuybw wrote:


DomFortress wrote:

Through the system of inductive logic(http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/logic-inductive/), I propose that the collective mentality of the fansub community is incited by misplaced fear(http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fear%5B2%5D). And it is with that perverse incentive(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perverse_incentive#References) that propels them to this mentality:
They're afraid of unpleasant situations. They're afraid of commitments. They're afraid of progresses. And they're afraid of truth.

However, their misplaced fear is what's negatively keeping them from happiness. And happiness is a positive incentive() that will instate tolerance during unpleasant situations, loyalty during commitments, optimism during times of change, and courage during moments of truth.

This is completely different than the informative, but long and boring lecture on economic(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huz4pw7_8H8&feature=related) that voice actor Greg Ayres had been hosting for several years regarding fansubs. And since the fansub community is by nature, a collective of amateur hobbyists, they cannot understand the deductive logic(http://www.philosophyclass.com/logic.htm) of professional business. This is because their perverse incentive fear of truth is preventing them from having the courage to face the facts of reality. Furthermore, the economic angle only allows the fansub community to use economic recession as an excuse for their behaviors. But the fact is they're only reacting with yet another misplaced fear of recession due to mass medias(http://economics.about.com/cs/businesscycles/a/depressions.htm).

So unless they're ready to conquer their misplaced fears(http://zenhabits.net/2008/11/five-helpful-attitudes-for-dealing-with-your-fears/), the fansub community will not change. And everything that Greg Ayres had said during his panels will remain a real possibility, if not the reality(http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20090304f1.html).


i can't believe i just read all of that.... but ur wrong. Fansubs are there so people can watch new anime closer to the time it comes out. It isn't about misplaced fear. Also, for kids, fansubs are the only way to get anime, and it nurtures our affinity for it. I have come to the conclusion that you have no idea what the heck ur talking about. There is no collective mentality. Members of fansub groups are free to join them and leave them whenever they want. O yea and those professionals you talk about suck horse****. I can't get myself to watch dubs because voice actors in america are so horrible. People make subs because its a way for them to appreciate anime more. If they like it, they want to return the experience to other viewers. Also, it isn't about business you smartass....... you are spouting nonsense entirely unrelated to fansubs. THey do it just because we want them to, and by we, i mean the majority of the people who watch anime.... get ready for a bashing, and not only from me. Don't try to act smart, you fail:P bad


yep u said it! the one who started this thread is just a...............................................................ahhh i dont want to say it cause that would be flaming lol. but yea tuybw is right and DomFortress is just trying to act smart
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

SuprSrsBiz wrote:
Except that link has everything to do with you and this discussion. I suggest you read up on it, you might learn something.
How so? Why should I even consider an online website consisting of amateurs with no accountability on their publications? Just like why should I even consider fansubs to be accurate, when they don't get official supports from the original anime creators?
72275 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09
Would you also go into more detail on:
They're afraid of unpleasant situations. (What situations?)
They're afraid of commitments. (What commitments?)
They're afraid of progresses. (What progresses, the obvious fact they are way more capable of producing quality work; and that the fansubbing community haltering this course?)
And they're afraid of truth. (What truth, that they are in fact inflating there cost's, compared to other media content)
2075 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

DomFortress wrote:


SuprSrsBiz wrote:
Except that link has everything to do with you and this discussion. I suggest you read up on it, you might learn something.
How so? Why should I even consider an online website consisting of amateurs with no accountability on their publications? Just like why should I even consider fansubs to be accurate, when they don't get official supports from the original anime creators?


Ok now you really must be desperate since you're attacking Wikipedia.

Let me give you a definition of ad hominem:

–adjective
1. appealing to one's prejudices, emotions, or special interests rather than to one's intellect or reason.
2. attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument.
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

uhohimdead wrote:

lol this thread sounds like another cynical attempt to change the anime world through an internet forum whos population still consists of mostly minors...
I'm just seriously making fun of the fansub community, because they can't be serious due to who they are.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.