First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last

The Incentive of Fansub Community's Collective Mentality

2075 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

DomFortress wrote:
Then how do you explain the truth that what the fansub community are doing was in fact copyright infringement by stealing from the anime industry off their domestically licensed intellectual properties called anime, altered the anime series with illegal subtitles, and then illegally released and distributed the altered intellectual properties in illegal digital duplications called fansubs? Because they didn't got the license to do all that from the anime industry.


Sure. Fansubbing itself isn't illegal, but I'll let that go for now. Distributing it is, they have no right to do it as you say.

But there is a reason they do it. If DVD subtitles were adequte. If dub work was good. If subtitles came out a few days after the show aired in Japan. If every single show was subtitled and released commercially in every country.

But none of these are true. These are why fansubs exist and continue to be so popular. If all these factors went away, then we wouldn't be having this debate. Fansubs try to set an example to what the industry should be, and they are not for profit. They don't try to make money off what they do.
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

nexusmaylo wrote:

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m313/DomFortress/
Same person in your cruchyroll, as well as having images only you would put up there, like your fitness, only you would have, as well as cosplay. You with a baby bird in your lap, etc. Who else would have these
But can you proof that it was I who put those magazine scans on my photobucket account? And BTW, these are the exact same tactics that the fansub community use to dispute about their illegal activities on the internet. So consider yourself got served by your own illogical reasoning.

SuprSrsBiz wrote:
Sure. Fansubbing itself isn't illegal, but I'll let that go for now. Distributing it is, they have no right to do it as you say.

But there is a reason they do it. If DVD subtitles were adequte. If dub work was good. If subtitles came out a few days after the show aired in Japan. If every single show was subtitled and released commercially in every country.

But none of these are true. These are why fansubs exist and continue to be so popular. If all these factors went away, then we wouldn't be having this debate. Fansubs try to set an example to what the industry should be, and they are not for profit. They don't try to make money off what they do.
They can't make money because they don't have the license to do so.
72275 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

DomFortress wrote:


nexusmaylo wrote:

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m313/DomFortress/
Same person in your cruchyroll, as well as having images only you would put up there, like your fitness, only you would have, as well as cosplay. You with a baby bird in your lap, etc. Who else would have these
But can you proof that it was I who put those magazine scans on my photobucket account? And BTW, these are the exact same tactics that the fansub community use to dispute about their illegal activities on the internet. So consider yourself got served by your own illogical reasoning.


Quote "magazine scans on my photobucket account?" You never deleted them and kept posting pictures of yourself, So I would guess you knew about them, but kept them....odd if you so obviously knew they hurt the companies producing them. So tell me, why are they on your photobucket then, and why did you leave them there?
2075 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

DomFortress wrote:
.

SuprSrsBiz wrote:
Sure. Fansubbing itself isn't illegal, but I'll let that go for now. Distributing it is, they have no right to do it as you say.

But there is a reason they do it. If DVD subtitles were adequte. If dub work was good. If subtitles came out a few days after the show aired in Japan. If every single show was subtitled and released commercially in every country.

But none of these are true. These are why fansubs exist and continue to be so popular. If all these factors went away, then we wouldn't be having this debate. Fansubs try to set an example to what the industry should be, and they are not for profit. They don't try to make money off what they do.
They can't make money because they don't have the license to do so.



What? Of course they can make money. They could charge people for their fansubs. But they don't.
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

nexusmaylo wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


nexusmaylo wrote:

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m313/DomFortress/
Same person in your cruchyroll, as well as having images only you would put up there, like your fitness, only you would have, as well as cosplay. You with a baby bird in your lap, etc. Who else would have these
But can you proof that it was I who put those magazine scans on my photobucket account? And BTW, these are the exact same tactics that the fansub community use to dispute about their illegal activities on the internet. So consider yourself got served by your own illogical reasoning.


Quote "magazine scans on my photobucket account?"
Ever heard of internet identity theft? Of course not, because by doing so, the fansub community would also admit that they have the understanding that what they're doing is stealing.
72275 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

DomFortress wrote:


nexusmaylo wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


nexusmaylo wrote:

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m313/DomFortress/
Same person in your cruchyroll, as well as having images only you would put up there, like your fitness, only you would have, as well as cosplay. You with a baby bird in your lap, etc. Who else would have these
But can you proof that it was I who put those magazine scans on my photobucket account? And BTW, these are the exact same tactics that the fansub community use to dispute about their illegal activities on the internet. So consider yourself got served by your own illogical reasoning.


Quote "magazine scans on my photobucket account?"
Ever heard of internet identity theft? Of course not, because by doing so, the fansub community would also admit that they have the understanding that what they're doing is stealing.


redid my post "Quote "magazine scans on my photobucket account?" You never deleted them and kept posting pictures of yourself, So I would guess you knew about them, but kept them....odd if you so obviously knew they hurt the companies producing them. So tell me, why are they on your photobucket then, and why did you leave them there?"
So you are now lying, it's obvious you posted them because you still had enough access to upload more of your own pictures. But decided hey, I'll just leave these here, won't change my password and let them keep positng.
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

SuprSrsBiz wrote:
What? Of course they can make money. They could charge people for their fansubs. But they don't.
Then could you explain this? http://brigade.baka-wolf.com/awc_ds.php?do=donation&gid=10
72275 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09
That no one is logged in and nothing was donated, as that is the default amount. So why did you just leave that there, and some how so quickly found that among 38 pages....mind explaining the streaming song in your profile you are using without permission?
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

nexusmaylo wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


nexusmaylo wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


nexusmaylo wrote:

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m313/DomFortress/
Same person in your cruchyroll, as well as having images only you would put up there, like your fitness, only you would have, as well as cosplay. You with a baby bird in your lap, etc. Who else would have these
But can you proof that it was I who put those magazine scans on my photobucket account? And BTW, these are the exact same tactics that the fansub community use to dispute about their illegal activities on the internet. So consider yourself got served by your own illogical reasoning.


Quote "magazine scans on my photobucket account?"
Ever heard of internet identity theft? Of course not, because by doing so, the fansub community would also admit that they have the understanding that what they're doing is stealing.


redid my post "Quote "magazine scans on my photobucket account?" You never deleted them and kept posting pictures of yourself, So I would guess you knew about them, but kept them....odd if you so obviously knew they hurt the companies producing them. So tell me, why are they on your photobucket then, and why did you leave them there?"
So you are now lying, it's obvious you posted them because you still had enough access to upload more of your own pictures. But decided hey, I'll just leave these here, won't change my password and let them keep positng.
Somebody can post those pictures of me on another site, using a fake handle, and pretended to be me by posting my pictures without my permissions. But that's also common on the fansub community, so what's your point?
2075 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

DomFortress wrote:


SuprSrsBiz wrote:
What? Of course they can make money. They could charge people for their fansubs. But they don't.
Then could you explain this? http://brigade.baka-wolf.com/awc_ds.php?do=donation&gid=10


Sure. That's a donation page for a keeping a server up. I don't see anyone paying for subs anywhere.
72275 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09
And I'm guessing you used that to show that fansub groups make a profit, well see they released all of their's on torrents, bots, ddl all free, the ddl from their site is free.
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

nexusmaylo wrote:

That no one is logged in and nothing was donated, as that is the default amount. So why did you just leave that there, and some how so quickly found that among 38 pages....mind explaining the streaming song in your profile you are using without permission?
Are you sure that I'm the same individual all this time?
72275 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

DomFortress wrote:


nexusmaylo wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


nexusmaylo wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


nexusmaylo wrote:

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m313/DomFortress/
Same person in your cruchyroll, as well as having images only you would put up there, like your fitness, only you would have, as well as cosplay. You with a baby bird in your lap, etc. Who else would have these
But can you proof that it was I who put those magazine scans on my photobucket account? And BTW, these are the exact same tactics that the fansub community use to dispute about their illegal activities on the internet. So consider yourself got served by your own illogical reasoning.


Quote "magazine scans on my photobucket account?"
Ever heard of internet identity theft? Of course not, because by doing so, the fansub community would also admit that they have the understanding that what they're doing is stealing.


redid my post "Quote "magazine scans on my photobucket account?" You never deleted them and kept posting pictures of yourself, So I would guess you knew about them, but kept them....odd if you so obviously knew they hurt the companies producing them. So tell me, why are they on your photobucket then, and why did you leave them there?"
So you are now lying, it's obvious you posted them because you still had enough access to upload more of your own pictures. But decided hey, I'll just leave these here, won't change my password and let them keep positng.
Somebody can post those pictures of me on another site, using a fake handle, and pretended to be me by posting my pictures without my permissions. But that's also common on the fansub community, so what's your point?


YOU FAILED TO NOTICE THAT you kept using that photobucket since you kept posting pictures of yourself and not deleted them, hell you had images on there before your own pictures and left them on there. So how could you not notice them and keep posting pictures that only you would have to it? You seem to dodge this question, you uploaded more images but left those? and didn't change the password so they kept uploading them as you did your own? I ASK HOW COULD YOU NOT NOTICE THIS
2075 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09
You still haven't explained about the song he pointed our earlier. Did you get permission from the song author to have it on your profile? You thief, you.
Posted 3/8/09 , edited 3/9/09

SuprSrsBiz wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


SuprSrsBiz wrote:
What? Of course they can make money. They could charge people for their fansubs. But they don't.
Then could you explain this? http://brigade.baka-wolf.com/awc_ds.php?do=donation&gid=10


Sure. That's a donation page for a keeping a server up. I don't see anyone paying for subs anywhere.

nexusmaylo wrote:

And I'm guessing you used that to show that fansub groups make a profit, well see they released all of their's on torrents, bots, ddl all free, the ddl from their site is free.
So why can't the fansub community do just that, and use the profit to purchase the anime licensing fee? Are they really professional?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.