Preview of the episodesPost Reply
Episodio 24. Long preview
Episodio 24. Short preview
JD: (can't hear what type of fish she is saying)
Ladies: You told us that she was going to be the Shinhwa Group's leader's wife! Hurry up and pay back the money you borrowed!
JH: I'll pay it back.
LJ: Isn't it time to talk about us?
GE: Thank you for doing everything for me.
JP: That I'm the son of that person and that I live in that place is the worst.
JD: Sunbae . . .
JH: I don't know when it started either. If you're not with me, I'm nothing.
JH: Joonpyo! Joonpyo! Goo JoonPyo!
JH: My friend is dying! He's going to die!
Episodio 25. Long preview
GaEul: Now tell us... What's going on?
WooBin: We have some news for JanDi, who is so busy with her part-time job she can't even take care of her boyfriend.
YiJung: JoonPyo's finally out of the hospital.
GE: How could you wait until after you were done eating to tell us something that important?
WB: Hurry and go.
JD: I'll be back.
GE: You're not going?
YJ: Nope, I came because of you.
JanDi: Goo JunPyo, congratulations on...
YuMi (ugh): Oh look, it's JanDi unni. Hi unni.
JD: Oh... hi. You're here, too...
JunPyo: What are you doing here? JiHoo's not here.
JD: Oh... I heard you were out of the hospital so I wanted to congratulate you.
JP: You're ridiculous. Take care of your boyfriend instead. Does JiHoo know you're going around like this?
JD: Hey, be careful what you say.
JD: JiHoo sunbae has no reason to have to hear such words from you.
JP: *some insignificant comeback that I couldn't understand*
JD: Fine, I was wrong to come here. Take care of yourself.
YM: Why are you like that, oppa? You're bad. Why are you being unnecessarily mean to her? Unni, don't leave. They'll be bringing tea soon. The tea here tastes really good. Stay and drink with us.
Servant girl (what do you call these?): The tea is ready.
YM: Yes, please bring it here. Unni, come here and sit.
YM: Unni, are you the person that JunPyo is supposed to remember?
YM: Oh, it is you. But, as you can see, I think seeing you is bad for oppa. His condition gets worse every time he sees you. So I think it would be good if you didn't come here for the time being. Don't worry, I'll try hard to make him naturally remember you. Bye!
JP: Make those for me.
JP: The lunchbox that you made for me last time.
JP: The things that I ate at the hospital last time... egg rolls! Make those again for me.
YM: Oh, those? Okay, oppa. But... why do you want to eat those when there so many more delicious things to eat here?
JD: Sorry. Sunbae...
JH: Don't run away.
JD: Let go of me.
JH: No. You can't back out now.
*flashback of when she first got into ShinHwa High School*
JD's mom: It seems like just yesterday you got into ShinHwa High School, and now you're already graduating.
JanDi: Sorry, mom. Unlike others, I can't go to college... or get a job...
GangSan: Noona, you don't have to take a test to get into ShinHwa University... You can't do that for med school?
JD: You have to take a test if you want to attend on a scholarship.
JDM: No... You've endured so much... Do what you want to now. By the way, what are you going to wear for graduation tomorrow?
JD: I'm not going! Why would I...
JDM: Are you not a ShinHwa High graduate? Why wouldn't you go?
JD: Don't worry about it.
YM: Try it.
YM: What? It doesn't taste good?
JP: This isn't it.
JP: It's not the same taste as before. Those... Did you really make those?
YM: Of course! Who else would make those? It's because the taste changes from time to time. Next time, I'll make them properly for you.
JP: (looks pained)
YM: Is there something you're not feeling good about?
JP: That girl... JanDi or JapCho or whatever... Her expression... won't erase from my mind...
Arigato to rycekrispies1212
First, as we all know, JP has a partial memory loss, but only concerning JD. The doctor says that there are two potential reasons why he would have lost memory on that topic. One, that part of his memory was too miserable for him. Or two, it was too important to him, to the point of obsession. For JP’s case, it’s probably the latter. And during his memory loss, JP returns to being the brat he was in ep 1. (Hooray for the VERY SELECTIVE memory loss! Who else is looking forward to it? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?)
The spoiler going around about JD crying is in fact in the script. She holds the hand of unconscious JP and cries miserably as she remembers the words she threw at him during their breakup.
And Yumi… you’re angry at her already, huh?
She has such little part in the next two episodes. Although she’s not in for long, it might feel longer than it actually is just because she’s so annoying. She watches the stars w/ JP while leaning on his shoulder and etc. Although she makes JD’s heart break a lot, if you think about how we suffered through JK, this is nothing. Yumi has a way of talking about herself in third person, and she tries to say “unni” and “oppa” in a cutesy way. But JH once again sees through her and ignores her from the start. (Okay am glad that her part is really tiny. Here's hoping it's smaller and more forgettable than the Haje arc. And please please let JH's reactions to Umi be like in the jversion/manga. Oguri Shun shooting Erika Toda those looks of irritation = priceless)
How JP recovers his memory… Guess my hint last time was too easy because everyone guessed correctly. At a pool, JD falls into a pool and instinctively, JP jumps into the pool to save her and recovers his memory. And as guessed by many, JD falls into the pool because of the necklace. But JD purposely drops the necklace into the pool. Their conversation before she drops it, and especially JD’s line… well, I personally really liked it! If the two actors can pull it off, it’ll be a memorable scene. Another hint here! (Have you seen “Lovers in Paris?” There, the female lead tries to prove the male lead’s feelings for her and falls into a pool.)
“Who the heck are you?”
“You call it… my name…”
And then splash…
Everyone comes running out at that moment, and although JH wants to save JD, he knows of JD’s intention and stops himself. There’s a scene where JP does CPR on JD. (Geez is batshit writer now blatantly lifting things from other dramas or something? Le sigh, I'd hoped JP would be the damsel-in-distress but rolf cos Teddi totally called it!)
JD does wear her school uniform during the graduation party, and she dances with each of the F4. (cue more awkward waltzing)
And yes, as rumored to be, the script for the Namsan kiss is “adoringly.” She runs over there in her school uniform so it is a uniform kiss. And as this cable car is a special place for them where they spent their “first night” together, they also have share an important conversation here in addition to their kiss.
Soeul’s spoilers that are going around are all true. YJ leaves for Sweden and he tells GE that if she still hasn’t found her soulmate in 4 years, GE will the first person he seeks upon his return. I too am not sure about their story after the 4 year time jump… (Why must it be four years later, huh Yi Jung?! WHY?!)
Finally, as for after the time jump, from what I’ve been told, it’s definitely a happy ending for JP/JD. I don’t know what your definition of an open ending is, but from my perspective, it is NOT an open ending. And I’m not sure whether JH’s grandfather will pass away after the time jump. In the original synopsis, he was supposed to have a late stage cancer, but it was changed to a heart condition at the last minute because they were afraid JH would face too much tragedy at such a short span of time.
Oh yes, as for the talk show scene, it is true that it’s after the time jump. One more thing, there is nothing in the script about JP’s father before the time jump. (Did they just decide to forget the daddy arc cos they have no time?)
There should be about 10-20 minutes (depending on the editing) for after the time jump. If I find out that the ending is in any way shocking or unexpected, I’ll drop a line here again just to warn you to prepare yourself.
if its not okay, its not the end
The last spoilers of this dorama!!!! To read or not to read....
* The man that attacks Ji Hu/Jun Pyo does so with a car, not a knife. Violence (by stabbing) was reportedly inappropriate to be broadcast; hence, they changed the scene.
* Jan Di holds onto Jun Pyo’s hand while he is unconscious and sobs while thinking of the cold (untrue) things she said to him before leaving.
* The doctor tell the group that Jan Di is the only one that Jun Pyo can’t remember for one of two reasons:
a) She was an extremely traumatic part of his life, or
b) he is so attached to his memories of Jan Di and they are so important to him that somehow they cannot be recalled properly.
* While Jun Pyo suffers his memory loss, viewers will see a resurrection of the rude, obnoxious Jun Pyo from the past.
* Yu Mi tries to become friends with F4 and Jan Di. However, Ji Hu ignores her right from the beginning. She spends time with Jun Pyo linking arms with him, looking at the stars, and even falling asleep together while leaning on each other’s shoulder.
* Woo Bin and Yi Jeong finish their meal at the porridge shop and then tell Jan Di that Jun Pyo has been discharged from the hospital. Jan Di excitedly goes to see him and Woo Bin follows. Ga Eul asks Yi Jeong why he isn’t going with them, but he says that he came to see Ga Eul for a reason.
* When Jan Di arrives at Jun Pyo’s house, she finds him with Yu Mi, looking at the telescope. Upon seeing Jan Di, he asks, “Why did you come here? Ji Hu’s not here,” (assuming that she is Ji Hu’s girlfriend). Jan Di regrets coming when he is nothing but obnoxious to her. Yu Mi then follows her out of his room and suggests that Jan Di shouldn’t visit because Jun Pyo’s condition worsens around her. Yu Mi tells Jan Di that she will help him remember her. However, Jan Di stays back after Yu Mi re-enters the room and eavesdrops. She overhears Jun Pyo asking Yu Mi to make him the same lunchbox as last time. Jan Di realizes that Yu Mi took credit for the lunch she made, but quickly walks away. She bumps into Ji Hu who forces her not to run away, and drags her back to Jun Pyo’s room. They walk in to see Jun Pyo and Yu Mi asleep, leaning on each other.
* It is unclear whether Jan Di will go to medical school. She apologizes to her mother for not being able to go to university or begin a career like others. Her brother asks, “Can’t you go to Shin-hwa’s medical school? They don’t require you to write a test.” She answers that writing a test is required for scholarships. Her mother tells Jan Di to choose the path that she wants.
* Jun Pyo becomes doubtful of Yu Mi when she brings him a lunchbox that doesn’t taste like the one before. He tells her that he can’t get “that girl” Jan Di’s upset expression out of his mind.
* Jun Pyo gets his memory of Jan Di back when he unconsciously jumps in the pool to save her. However, this situation is sort of set up by Jan Di, who drops the necklace into the pool.
Jun Pyo: Who are you?
Jan Di: Call it out…. my name…
She then “falls” into the pool. The others come out to witness her struggling in the water. Ji Hu desperately wants to go in to save her, but knowing her intentions, he waits for Jun Pyo to do something.
* Jun Pyo and Jan Di have a CPR scene.
* Jan Di leaves her dress elsewhere in a rush and wears her uniform to her high school graduation party. She dances with each member of F3 (Ji Hu, Yi Jeong, Woo Bin) while there is narration in the background.
* Jun Pyo and Jan Di have a very important dialogue and a kiss in the Namsan cablecar. Gu-Keum fans can look forward to it.
* According to our source, the script he/she has (up to the four year jump) does not include anything about how Jun Pyo’s father wakes up. They may have chosen to leave it out of the script to keep it a secret OR they may not address it until four years later - we’re not sure.
Four years later (Obviously, spoiler warning - don’t keep reading if you don’t want to know!)
* (KP’s note: Here you go, SoEul fans!) Yi Jeong returns to Korea after studying abroad in Sweden. He goes to find Ga Eul, who is teaching at a kindergarten. Before leaving four years earlier, he had told Ga Eul, “If you haven’t found a soulmate by the time I return in four years - you’ll be the first person I visit.”
* Eyewitnesses are claiming that the boy who plays the young Gu Jun Pyo was one of the children at Ga Eul’s workplace, but had straight hair instead of curls. (KP’s note: We’re not quite sure why they used the same child actor for a different role. He’s too old to be Jun Pyo and Jan Di’s child, so don’t get your hopes up. ^^)
* Ji Hu’s grandfather might be deceased by this time. He was actually supposed to die earlier because he was in the last stage of cancer (according to the KBS description). However, they felt that Ji Hu’s life would be too pathetic losing so much at once, so they changed it to a heart condition. (KP’s note: Based on the previous episode where Ji Hu was stepping up to bear financial responsibilities, it seems likely that his grandfather will not be present four years later. But like we said earlier - they have to give him SOMETHING. Seo Hyun returns? A new girl comes in?)
* Remember in one of the New Caledonia scenes, Jan Di has a dream where a fortune teller predicts that her soulmate and her husband will be two different people? In relation, Ku Hye Sun said in an article published on March 28:
“Ji Hu is Jan Di’s soulmate. She likes him as a person and as a one-of-a-kind, invaluable friend, although she doesn’t love him. Love can only grow when two people’s hearts are the same, but Jan Di doesn’t have those feelings towards Ji Hu.”
KP’s note: I suppose that is the drama’s interpretation of “soulmate”; hence, it’s not supposed to be a bad thing that Jan Di’s soulmate and husband are two different men.
The ending scene (proposing at the beach) is beyond the jump.
Jun Pyo appears on a talkshow. He is on the show as a guest after leading Shin-hwa to success. Supposedly, the host asks him about marriage plans, and Jun Pyo responds that he has someone in mind.
w00t.gif Jun Pyo kneels in front of Jan Di, holding a ring. Before she can respond, F3 comes up and interrupts. Ji Hu says, “I object to the decision.” Yi Jeong chimes in, “I do too.” Woo Bin adds, “Me too…. How can you do this without asking our permission?” Jun Pyo and Jan Di look at them and smile, while Jun Pyo embraces her in his arms.
Ji Hu is becoming a doctor like his grandfather. He was seen hugging a girl (that didn’t look familiar).
Jan Di is becoming a doctor.
The Boys Over Flowers story continues…
The preview of Boys Over Flowers Special Edition (on April 28, 2009):