First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last

No Oricon #1 for DBSK

Posted 3/12/09 , edited 3/13/09

Yei wrote:


dark-wingedL wrote:
oh for crying out loud! if i compare u to beethoven, then of course beethoven is more talented, afterall, ur both aren't even in the same fields...but dbsk & kat-tun are...although kat-tun do many things, they still prioritize vocals, they're a boyband for crying out loud! so their main focus is music...if they don't "prioritize" vocalism, then why the hell did they form a boyband anyway? they might as well end up like ikuta toma who only sticks to acting & performing in stage plays! or maybe they never debuted instead & remained as dancers for their senpai domoto koichi! if their main focus is not vocals & music, then what is then? acting? oh plz, the only member who can be considered a well established actor who constantly has acting roles each yr is kame...the others don't even get as much acting roles...and ueda has never appeared in a drama or movie in his life! hosting? no, i don't think so...performing in stageplays? no, not even close...so tell me, what exactly is their main focus then?
it's fair to compare them cuz they're both in the same league, oh n don't start with the whole "this member came in what position for what", cuz that really doesn't prove them that much better than others...opinions everywhere, it's all opinions, n all decided on opinions.

certain ppl u can compare to others when they're in the same fields, but u can't compare ppl who are completely different & do competely different things...so are u gonna deny that dbsk & kat-tun are on the same fields? they're both boybands aren't they? they both focus mainly on vocals...all the other stuff kat-tun do are just side jobs.

again, comparing both groups, different ppl are bound to have different opinions, so ur saying that no matter how other ppl feel, ur opinions are the truth? n that dbsk are vocally more skilled? no matter what other ppl feel, they're wrong (unless their views are the same as urs)? pshh! we're just going around in circles...n i think this was also



So you admit Beethoven is more talented? lol, I just wanted you to see how talent or skill could not always be subjective. No one would say "oh that's your opinion" to that.

They are not in the same field, that was also part of my point. One is an acapella group, one doesn't prioritize vocals. You see, boybands (especially with JE), don't have to have good vocals. The guys in Kat-Tun didn't get chosen for their amazing voices, actually it's ALL about looks, that's why they are in a boyband. This is actually common knowledge....

All over the world it's like this, in all entertainment industries, people get to be singers but can't really sing. Like Rihanna, they have to edit her voice to make it tolerable on the CD. In reality she's not the greatest singer. Singers get chosen mostly for their looks and they don't even need any real vocal talent, this is especially true for JE and it's pretty boybands. The JE formula is to try to get girls obsessed with the guys looks and personalities. (and there's nothing wrong with that)

If DBSK was the same type of boyband as Kat-Tun (like if they were another JE group), then they're comparable. But DBSK is an acapella group. They get chosen because of their voices and they need to have outstanding vocal ability to do what they do. So they are not in the same league/field/whatever. one's acapella, and one's a pretty boyband. DBSK had to practice and train themselves so hard to perfect the art of acapella, they need to plan and decide who's doing what notes and how they will harmonize, etc. Kat-Tun doesn't do any of that, they are not the same thing.



firstly, i never said everything is subjective...and of course, any1 in their right mind would not compare 2 ppl who are completely different.

oh, so ur saying their main priority is their looks? it's "common knowledge"?then i guess u mean it applies to every single boyband that exists in this world, or are u being discriminating & think that it only applies to je? they might has well all be models then.
true, image may be 1 of their priorities, but they eventually learn to build up their vocalisation skills once they do form a boyband, and THEN it becomes a top priority for them...they have the looks, they form a group, then they learn & gradually build up their skills as they go along, then they officially debut into the music scene...believe me, vocalisation is 1 of their top priorites, if not their top priority, right now. if it just mainly depended on their looks, then believe me, je would've gone bankrupt decades ago.
the music industry is 1 of je's top targetted industries, if not their main target, their stars are trained well from very early ages, they're not just a bunch of pretty faces u know...if that's what u think, then u sure have a short-sided track of mind. u can say that je's intentions is to lure as many fangirls with their good-looking stars, whatever...but a large part of their success is due to hardwork, improvements & skills...do u know just how hard these je guys work? how dedicated they are to their work? how hard they try to improve? i don't think u do...so don't go on bragging about how hard dbsk have worked, cuz the je guys have worked very hard too! kat-tun in particular are 1 of the hardest working most dedicated groups in je.
more or less, they ARE on the same league, cuz they are both in the same industry, both work on the same fields, no matter how u see it.

seriously, this debate is really getting no where...i don't think u will ever understand what point i'm trying to make here...we're just going around in circles...i'm not gonna even bother anymore.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
122
Offline
Posted 3/12/09 , edited 3/13/09

dark-wingedL wrote:
firstly, i never said everything is subjective...and of course, any1 in their right mind would not compare 2 ppl who are completely different.

oh, so ur saying their main priority is their looks? it's "common knowledge"?then i guess u mean it applies to every single boyband that exists in this world, or are u being discriminating & think that it only applies to je? they might has well all be models then.
true, image may be 1 of their priorities, but they eventually learn to build up their vocalisation skills once they do form a boyband, and THEN it becomes a top priority for them...they have the looks, they form a group, then they learn & gradually build up their skills as they go along, then they officially debut into the music scene...believe me, vocalisation is 1 of their top priorites, if not their top priority, right now. if it just mainly depended on their looks, then believe me, je would've gone bankrupt decades ago.
the music industry is 1 of je's top targetted industries, if not their main target, their stars are trained well from very early ages, they're not just a bunch of pretty faces u know...if that's what u think, then u sure have a short-sided track of mind. u can say that je's intentions is to lure as many fangirls with their good-looking stars, whatever...but a large part of their success is due to hardwork, improvements & skills...do u know just how hard these je guys work? how dedicated they are to their work? how hard they try to improve? i don't think u do...so don't go on bragging about how hard dbsk have worked, cuz the je guys have worked very hard too! kat-tun in particular are 1 of the hardest working most dedicated groups in je.
more or less, they ARE on the same league, cuz they are both in the same industry, both work on the same fields, no matter how u see it.

seriously, this debate is really getting no where...i don't think u will ever understand what point i'm trying to make here...we're just going around in circles...i'm not gonna even bother anymore.


First of all, you always put words in my mouth. I never said any of those things about JE, and how am I discriminating when I clearly said it's like that all over the world? You keep trying to make it look like I'm against JE or something, I like JE, I'm a big fan of NEWS.

Secondly, you ignored the whole thing I said about them not being in the same league. We're going in circles because you ignored everything. They are in the same industry, okay, so is Kanye West and Beyonce, but you can't compare them because one is a rapper and one is a singer. Kanye can't sing as good as beyonce, but he's a rapper, singing isn't a priority and when he does sing, he can just edit his voice.

For the last time, DBSK is acapella, and Kat-Tun is not acapella. Therefore, they are in different leagues. Same industry, different vocal abilities and purposes.
4163 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / Saipan, NORTHERN...
Offline
Posted 3/12/09 , edited 3/13/09
im still proud of them, 3 is just a number, they are always #1 for their fans...DBSK FIGHTING!!!
Posted 3/12/09 , edited 3/13/09
just when will this whole war of the words between dark-wingedl & Yei ever end?

just how long are you guys going to keep this up? It's obvious you 2 have [very] conflicting views, and from how I see it, doesn't seem like it's going anywhere, and coming to an understanding seems difficult...why don't you 2 just stop this here, it's obviously not getting you anywhere, and you both sure can't change each other's views so why bother?

I'm sure the atmosphere in this place is already very tense, if you guys keep this up, then no one would want to come to this thread anymore.

Let's just forget about this whole debate and put it behind us ok? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's feeling really uneasy here
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
122
Offline
Posted 3/12/09 , edited 3/13/09

scrystalz100 wrote:

just when will this whole war of the words between dark-wingedl & Yei ever end?

just how long are you guys going to keep this up? It's obvious you 2 have [very] conflicting views, and from how I see it, doesn't seem like it's going anywhere, and coming to an understanding seems difficult...why don't you 2 just stop this here, it's obviously not getting you anywhere, and you both sure can't change each other's views so why bother?

I'm sure the atmosphere in this place is already very tense, if you guys keep this up, then no one would want to come to this thread anymore.

Let's just forget about this whole debate and put it behind us ok? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's feeling really uneasy here


Actually now it's just come down to if DBSK and Kat-Tun are in different leagues or fields. I say they are different because they are acapella.

So it's been simplified now at least. btw have you ever heard any DBSK acapellas yourself?
Posted 3/13/09 , edited 3/13/09
okay.~
after reading all the "conflicting", "debatable", "redundant" posts,
the only question that popped into my head was,

"WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??"

DBSK is a very good band, they practiced a lot, they make good music and dance steps,
their mv's are the bomb, they can actually prove to people that they can be the very best acapella "GROUP" in Korea and Japan.
Survivor is a so-so song, for the first time you hear it you will think it was "ehh~" "nah~"
but then, after you listen to it over and over, you will see yourself following the beat of the song,
and then trying to sing-a-long..

Being not on the Top means, they have room for improvements..
being on the Top doesn't mean you are way more talented than the others~

we are not talking about the GROUP's talent..
we are talking on how they represent the message of the song to the listeners. .

Yes, DBSK did went through a lot of training and hard ships, thats why they are considered as the best group in Korea.
but we cannot see this whole situation in BLACK AND WHITE..
because DBSK still needs to improve the skills on what they have..


KATTUN who yes has been in the industry for 7 years, but not as a MUSIC group,
not as singers, but they JE formed this cluster so that they can be ready and comfortable working with each other.
KT's song are full of Japanese Trend and meanings too.
They might not make "cutesy" videos like other groups, but their mv's are the bomb too.


Yes, they are not an acapella group, they cannot harmonized the way DBSK does,
because they are both different. KT is a band that have different kind of talents,
Beat Boxing is one of them, so we can't just skip that one and left it out.
Just like how you keep on PUSHING that DBSK is an ACAPELLA group
KATTUN is not, but they are a BAND where you can see that they don't limit their selves,
but they keep on expanding..





have this thought cross your mind??? maybe this is not a battle of DBSK and KATTUN,
maybe this is a war of thoughts between SM and JE..
though they are not at the same place, but still they are managing talents on the same kind of business..
you see, just like how people keeps on including JE on the topic..
and even though its not written here, it is a common thought that you are trying to compare them to SM.


Why are we comparing them.?
are they the one singing and performing in front of the people?
no they are not. they are just backing their talents up.
they are doing what they can do..


TURF, yes Japan is KT's homeland.. the fact that they've won because Japanese knows how to put their own at first.
but they will never forget to root for other artists too, especially foreign ones.
In Korea, have you ever heard the news that KT will release an album there?
if so, have you ever heard the bashing they've received from the netizens?
if rooting for your own means, bashing the foreign ones..
does it make sense? all you do is show UGLY ethics..


im not saying that Koreans are unethical, but before bashing the foreign artist,
they should have look at the BIG PICTURE of the situation.


i know my post is a little messy and kinda running through circles..




i am a KT fan.. but i don't get attached to them like how i am attached to DB..
one cruncher said that "they will blame DB fans again....." something like that..
but how can you possibly say that without thinking on what the others are feeling?

I for once, in this thread felt so pissed at DBSK, not because of the DBSK the GROUP
but DBSK's fans..

then,
why don't i say DBSK's fans not DBSK?

because us fans, represents DBSK,
and people who encounter such things like this will
think that this is how DBSK influence their fans..
by not thinking on how others might feel..




peace out! don't quote me..



btw, OMEDATOU GOZAIMASU KATTUN and TOHOSHINKI.. FIGHT-oh OH!!!!!!!
8 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
37 / F
Offline
Posted 3/13/09 , edited 3/13/09
Pfft, KAT-TUN beat DBSK in the charts.

Statement, not thesis.
29973 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / F / asia♥
Offline
Posted 3/13/09 , edited 3/13/09

scrystalz100 wrote:


Yei wrote:


scrystalz100 wrote:

I would agree with you in that sense...but again, whether or not this applies to DBSK and KAT-TUN is subjective, like you have learned...ppl who have more 'vocal ability & skill are more talented', yes that's true...but is DBSK more vocally skilled than KAT-TUN? That remains subjective doesn't it?


Well talent could be subjective because you can say talented in what sense (maybe you can be more talented in singing a certain way or whatever), vocal ability isn't. They can do acapellas in perfect harmony, it's like one person can jump higher than another. They are more skilled when it comes to vocal ability, but whoever is better is subjective.

I gtg to school now, btw, so byee


in your perspective, DBSK is still vocally more skilled, that's still an OPINION, it's subjective...no matter how you voice it out, you are still suggesting that DBSK are more vocally skilled...then you go on to say "but whoever is better is subjective"...do you just mean overall, who's better?

Yes, I agree DBSK are talented vocally, but when you compare them to KAT-TUN in the same sense, it's still a subjective argument...why? because when you compare them to another, it's still an OPINION. When you say that "DBSK are more vocally skilled than KAT-TUN", that's an OPINION, even if to you, it's "obvious" they are, it's still an opinion, because we all have different perspectives on things...some ppl may think KAT-TUN are more vocally talented, again, that's also an OPINION. I've actually also come across some ppl who also think "DBSK are not as vocally talented as they are given credit for", again, that's an OPINION. If you insist that DBSK are more vocally talented than KAT-TUN as a "fact", then you're basically implying that everyone else who think otherwise are wrong...this takes us back to square one.
I'm not trying to deny nor agree with your argument...in your PERSONAL PERSPECTIVE, DBSK are "obviously" more vocally skilled, I understand that, and I won't argue with you...and at the same time, I'm not trying to deny that either, because it's an OPINION, NOT a "fact".

The truth is, everyone has different perspectives on practically everything in life...in some ppl's perspectives, DBSK are amazingly talented...to others, they're not that great...same goes to KAT-TUN, some think they're very talented (I mean in any aspect), some think they're not...and that's why we all have different opinions. That's why all our views are subjective...even if someone says "DBSK are untalented", and is basically completely disagreeing with your views, that's still an OPINION, you can call that person "deaf" or "blind" for thinking that way, it doesn't matter, it's still an OPINION. So no matter which way you look at it, every perspective and view is subjective.



NO! its not an OPINON but a STATISTICAL FACT!conduct a survey and you will see am telling the TRUTH.anyways I did not base it from PERSONAL PREFERENCE that I've said DBSK is more VERSATILE,COMPLEX.... but I have base this Statement through what I've heard and comments about DBSK and KAT-TUN from NOIN FANS of BOTH GROUP!

I have to ask you this Which Song Have More Versatility put and who have better VOCAL SKILLs?
WHITE XMAS or LOVE IN THE ICE
its like comparing this two and you will see that am NOT BASING IT FROM A BIAS!

and anyways IF it is just my PREFERENCE what do U care?its my taste,my preference and my life!?
29973 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / F / asia♥
Offline
Posted 3/13/09 , edited 3/13/09

Yei wrote:


akimierie wrote:

DBSK is better than Kat-tun in terms of let's say talent but u got to admit that Rescue is more Catchier than Survivor ,add to that KAT-TUN have established long time ago and more prominent than DBSK well in JAPAN.


Yeah, the talent part is pretty obvious, Bolero was really good and it made that very clear. I don't know why they didn't keep going with songs like that, songs like they had in Mirotic would be awesome. Maybe Avex has something to do with it...

But that still probably wouldn't even make a difference, since it`s not about talent.


I know that! and its a FACT^^ that KAT-TUN devours DBSK big time!

Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
122
Offline
Posted 3/13/09 , edited 3/13/09

akimierie wrote:


Yei wrote:


akimierie wrote:

DBSK is better than Kat-tun in terms of let's say talent but u got to admit that Rescue is more Catchier than Survivor ,add to that KAT-TUN have established long time ago and more prominent than DBSK well in JAPAN.


Yeah, the talent part is pretty obvious, Bolero was really good and it made that very clear. I don't know why they didn't keep going with songs like that, songs like they had in Mirotic would be awesome. Maybe Avex has something to do with it...

But that still probably wouldn't even make a difference, since it`s not about talent.


I know that! and its a FACT^^ that KAT-TUN devours DBSK big time!



Yeah, in sales in Japan. I remember reading that in the first post... What's your point?




shanice_lim wrote:

Pfft, KAT-TUN beat DBSK in the charts.

Statement, not thesis.


Very nice observation from the first post.......

Umm, what's your point? We all read the first post lol
29973 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / F / asia♥
Offline
Posted 3/13/09 , edited 3/13/09

Yei wrote:


akimierie wrote:


Yei wrote:


akimierie wrote:

DBSK is better than Kat-tun in terms of let's say talent but u got to admit that Rescue is more Catchier than Survivor ,add to that KAT-TUN have established long time ago and more prominent than DBSK well in JAPAN.


Yeah, the talent part is pretty obvious, Bolero was really good and it made that very clear. I don't know why they didn't keep going with songs like that, songs like they had in Mirotic would be awesome. Maybe Avex has something to do with it...

But that still probably wouldn't even make a difference, since it`s not about talent.


I know that! and its a FACT^^ that KAT-TUN devours DBSK big time!



Yeah, in sales in Japan. What's your point?




shanice_lim wrote:

Pfft, KAT-TUN beat DBSK in the charts.

Statement, not thesis.


Very nice observation from the first post.......

Umm, what's your point? We all read the first post lol


in the world of competition being more talented is not only the ingredient.thats all i want to point out to everyone who are in denial of KAT-TUN won over DBSK om the orricon chart.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
122
Offline
Posted 3/13/09 , edited 3/13/09

akimierie wrote:

in the world of competition being more talented is not only the ingredient.thats all i want to point out to everyone who are in denial of KAT-TUN won over DBSK om the orricon chart.


I said that exact same thing in the post you quoted......

And why would anyone be in denial about that? lol it's obvious they would win
29973 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / F / asia♥
Offline
Posted 3/13/09 , edited 3/13/09

Yei wrote:


akimierie wrote:

in the world of competition being more talented is not only the ingredient.thats all i want to point out to everyone who are in denial of KAT-TUN won over DBSK om the orricon chart.


I said that exact same thing in the post you quoted......

And why would anyone be in denial about that? lol it's obvious they would win


so thats my point when I wrote my post here in this froum!come on SOME are not fond of J-POP and expecting DBSK to win and etc. and In Denial in the sense that they have a LOT of ALIBIS why they did not won like bec. the album will be release soon and of course instead of buying the single they are like planning to buy the album thats why etc. and thats why I've said in denial.

Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
122
Offline
Posted 3/13/09 , edited 3/13/09

akimierie wrote:

so thats my point when I wrote my post here in this froum!come on SOME are not fond of J-POP and expecting DBSK to win and etc. and In Denial in the sense that they have a LOT of ALIBIS why they did not won like bec. the album will be release soon and of course instead of buying the single they are like planning to buy the album thats why etc. and thats why I've said in denial.



Well those people should know the chances of beating Kat-Tun are very low, so this isn't surprising.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
122
Offline
Posted 3/13/09 , edited 3/13/09

scrystalz100 wrote:

just when will this whole war of the words between dark-wingedl & Yei ever end?


Yes, you should be nervous....

Let me fix what you said: just when will this whole war of the words between me & Yei ever end?

Thanks for wasting my time, now that I think of it, it's really sad that you spent all that time talking to yourself in all those other topics, agreeing with yourself. seriously, wtf? And now after you can't think of a response because you're clearly just a rambling fangirl, you use your alter-ego to get yourself out? I really can't take anything else you say seriously now.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.
Hime banner

Try The NEW CrunchyrollBeta

check it out