First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last

Qu'ran Burning Event

10402 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 8/6/10 , edited 8/6/10
who deleted my comments ??? ( first one of you report it then it is deleted all )

you know what
i tried to let you know the truth....
and Discuss it with each other
in a Logical and scientific ways
but i don't know how to describe it ( because my ethics and my religion stop me from saying the thing that i want to say about you)
it is just unbelievable
ya it is not the end
i will never give up
Posted 8/6/10 , edited 8/7/10

neko-cat wrote:

who deleted my comments ??? ( first one of you report it then it is deleted all )

you know what
i tried to let you know the truth....
and Discuss it with each other
in a Logical and scientific ways
but i don't know how to describe it ( because my ethics and my religion stop me from saying the thing that i want to say about you)

it is just unbelievable
ya it is not the end
i will never give up
Objection Classy!

Not only that I find your apologetic passive aggressiveness unimpressive, your unoriginal statements are nothing but propaganda and advertisements. And when you've got nothing original to say for yourself, you've already gave up on your own personal conviction.

P.S.: You try PM me again, and I'll report you to CR mod for Internet harassment.
10402 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 8/6/10 , edited 8/7/10
some one who i don't want to say his name is reporting our posts
and that is make what we are saying is true
so that person don't have the Courage to answer as
he just hide and report our posts
10402 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 8/6/10 , edited 8/7/10

DomFortress wrote:


neko-cat wrote:

who deleted my comments ??? ( first one of you report it then it is deleted all )

you know what
i tried to let you know the truth....
and Discuss it with each other
in a Logical and scientific ways
but i don't know how to describe it ( because my ethics and my religion stop me from saying the thing that i want to say about you)

it is just unbelievable
ya it is not the end
i will never give up
Objection Classy!

Not only that I find your apologetic passive aggressiveness unimpressive, your unoriginal statements are nothing but propaganda and advertisements. And when you've got nothing original to say for yourself, you've already gave up on your own personal conviction.

P.S.: You try PM me again, and I'll report you to CR mod for Internet harassment.


well i talk with proves
and that video show the proves and evidence
that any normal person would like to see to believe
and i have many things to say and i have proves with it

not like you who just talk with out any evidence or any prove and that make your chat without any improving
you just attack me with out any prove
please if you don't want the true just let the other people know it.....
10417 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / 地獄の鳥居前に...
Offline
Posted 8/7/10 , edited 8/7/10

DomFortress wrote:

Not only that you're a hypocrite until the end, you also made an uneducated assumption about my person. For even when I'm not perfect, I'm different than you in the sense that I've trained my higher brain function into utilizing my emotions as a means to control them. By me subjecting myself through my own fitness training regiment and my studies, while you OTOH are only displaying your own irrational passive aggressiveness.

I don't seek peace for my past nor excuse for my nature, when I would rather seek truth because I want sufficient justification for my next act of self-empowerment. That's how I managed to be nonreligious, but can truly overcome my own past, my own nature, and still have more hopes in a better humanity that's different that what's now. Which is obviously not what your superstition is all about.

So go ahead and enjoy your own brand of self-pity, when you obviously don't have room in that mind of yours about other people, other than you condemning all humanity and subjecting it to your own pitifully low standard. Which quite ironically, makes you no different than those religious individuals that you despise, when you all see yourselves as no good.


Your accusations lies on false grounds. You try to raise yourself by putting others down. In what ways am I a hypocrite? I only defend a religion that is not of my own and I've become a hypocrite? If that's the case, what makes you? Irrational passive-aggressiveness... Look who's talking? Haha, you don't even know me and you are making uneducated assumptions about me. That just tells me so much about you.

And what? You working out in a gym is any of my business? Wow, I really need to know that. Or are you trying to hint at me that you are learning some martial arts to train your health and mind? I'm sad for your sensei because you obviously haven't reached that level of mind yet but tries to look like you did. And guess what, you're not the only person in this world that is "subjecting myself through my own fitness training regiment and my studies". If you are a Chinese you would know this line: 一山还比一山高. And just in case you can't even read this line, it means "there's always a higher mountain." So unless you are dumb, I'd advice you to be a more humble person. Don't try to put yourself too high or you'll fall real bad.

Did I mentioned anything about superstitions? Because no matter how I read and re-read the posts between us, I don't find anything accept for that line "If I'm a superstitious animal (which I cannot deny more often than not), then so are you." which really is just a reaction for your "If what you meant by them being "versatile" is through human irrationalities known as "loss aversion" and "confirmation bias", then it's only natural for humanity to be superstitious animals, yourself included." And now you, AGAIN, made uneducated ASSUMPTIONS that I'm a person who is so engrossed in superstitions that he lived in it.

Oh really? Self-pity? Show me how am I a person who enjoys wallowing in self-pity? Prove it and I'll accept it. Don't let your pride swallow you whole dude. Just because you are older doesn't give you the right to put others down. I'll tell you what you forgot in your training regime. It's something called "respect".

It was really a waste of a few minutes of my life sitting in front of my computer typing this for you. Oh by the way, I don't "despise" whatever religious individuals that you speak of. Don't put words in my mouth.

10417 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / 地獄の鳥居前に...
Offline
Posted 8/7/10 , edited 8/7/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Tara, just so you know. I think you're being an Ass again.


Lol, agree. By the way, I like your arguments in this forum papagolfwhiskey. I can agree to some of your posts and find them reasonable with adequate proves, unlike someone else who only aims to put others down.
15943 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / F / Lebanese & UAE re...
Offline
Posted 8/7/10 , edited 8/7/10
aaah alot of my comments were deleted too

your just old grandpa's that trying to show their unheared opinion to us teenagers

but you'll never go talk to another muslim like your age and face him you cowards

all of you are like that
because your afraid

if your not i'll bring someone your age to discuss with you


and this is what you'll bring an excuse just to run away of facing him
and iam totally sure

iam sick of all of you
iam outta here

you never respect our relegion and this proves that your bad peoplefrom the beggining
78606 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
52 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 8/7/10 , edited 8/7/10
Just for the record, comments can be reported but only the moderators can delete them. The Moderators are human volunteers, some of them as young as you. However they SHOULD be only deleting posts that violate either the general forum rules or the rules of extended discussion(ED). You have read those rules right? They're permanently at the top of the list of topic here in ED.

Honestly, I don't think you even tried find whatever good there may be here. I don't think I personally have said anything against your faith. I've tried to be careful to differentiate between your faith the practices of some or many of it's adherents. For your information I see Muslims, Jews, Sikhs, Hindus, 7th Day Adventists, and many others everyday and discuss a wide variety of matters with them. But because you didn't here or read a specific phrase. Or perhaps did not get immediate acknowledgment of what you thought were undeniable truths you've decided to tar us all with the same 'bad people' brush.

That strikes me as narrow minded. It is much like your co religionist whom I don't address anymore who thinks she knows whats in my mind and heart and can tell me what it is.

Have a nice life, FAR from mine.


(Edit: Post Script - Now that you are unhappy we see the true 'peace' you claim to believe in.)
15943 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / F / Lebanese & UAE re...
Offline
Posted 8/7/10 , edited 8/7/10
if your not saying anything bad about us

you should know that iam not talking about you

78606 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
52 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 8/7/10 , edited 8/7/10
But I am disagreeing with some of your assertions. Perhaps that's not showing sufficient respect. I don't know.

Honestly, I've observed a consistent asymmetric response to perceived disrespect from sufficient numbers of members of the Muslim population to be cautious speaking with them and frankly distrustful of their protestations of 'peace'.

You may not like it, but it's not a random opinion, it is one born out by my personal and observed experiences living in this world.
78606 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
52 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 8/7/10 , edited 8/7/10

yu_sama wrote:


Lol, agree. By the way, I like your arguments in this forum papagolfwhiskey. I can agree to some of your posts and find them reasonable with adequate proves, unlike someone else who only aims to put others down.


I appreciate the compliment. I try to be reasonable. Besides at the risk of offending the handicapped community I'm going to trot out the saying about arguing on the internet.

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you're still a retard"

The political incorrectness of the word choices above notwithstanding, I think it dramatically illustrates an essential truth. Which is why most times I make a sincere effort not to be baited into argument vs. debate. And why I have little patience with people who cannot at least try to be civil.

And why when I truly believe I have reached a rupture where no progress can be made, I simply leave.

I don't always live up to those things I try. but I do try.

Thanks for the compliment again. I'm here with a touch of arrogance I suspect as I believe I do have knowledge and opinions worth sharing, but I try also to see if I can learn as well.


66606 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
57 / M / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 8/7/10 , edited 8/7/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Tara, just so you know. I think you're being an Ass again.


Well the truth hurts sometime in third world counties Butt wipe is not a common thing. But yes I was a Ass on this one so for all that took offend I am sorry..People dumb enough to burn book will make the printing house very happy Cha- ching more of that evil money making machine.
10417 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / 地獄の鳥居前に...
Offline
Posted 8/7/10 , edited 8/7/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


yu_sama wrote:


Lol, agree. By the way, I like your arguments in this forum papagolfwhiskey. I can agree to some of your posts and find them reasonable with adequate proves, unlike someone else who only aims to put others down.


I appreciate the compliment. I try to be reasonable. Besides at the risk of offending the handicapped community I'm going to trot out the saying about arguing on the internet.

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you're still a retard"

The political incorrectness of the word choices above notwithstanding, I think it dramatically illustrates an essential truth. Which is why most times I make a sincere effort not to be baited into argument vs. debate. And why I have little patience with people who cannot at least try to be civil.

And why when I truly believe I have reached a rupture where no progress can be made, I simply leave.

I don't always live up to those things I try. but I do try.

Thanks for the compliment again. I'm here with a touch of arrogance I suspect as I believe I do have knowledge and opinions worth sharing, but I try also to see if I can learn as well.




Yea, one of my friends told me forum discussions are rather redundant sometimes. It's never-ending and no one wins. I know what you and that friend means now. Thanks! At least I learnt something out of your posts unlike arguing with some redundant people. Guess I shall put an end to all the nonsense between me and a certain arrogant fella here.

Thanks for the advice although you may not mean them as advices! Guess I'll just leave that idiot alone. =)
Posted 8/7/10 , edited 8/7/10

yu_sama wrote:


DomFortress wrote:

Not only that you're a hypocrite until the end, you also made an uneducated assumption about my person. For even when I'm not perfect, I'm different than you in the sense that I've trained my higher brain function into utilizing my emotions as a means to control them. By me subjecting myself through my own fitness training regiment and my studies, while you OTOH are only displaying your own irrational passive aggressiveness.

I don't seek peace for my past nor excuse for my nature, when I would rather seek truth because I want sufficient justification for my next act of self-empowerment. That's how I managed to be nonreligious, but can truly overcome my own past, my own nature, and still have more hopes in a better humanity that's different that what's now. Which is obviously not what your superstition is all about.

So go ahead and enjoy your own brand of self-pity, when you obviously don't have room in that mind of yours about other people, other than you condemning all humanity and subjecting it to your own pitifully low standard. Which quite ironically, makes you no different than those religious individuals that you despise, when you all see yourselves as no good.


Your accusations lies on false grounds. You try to raise yourself by putting others down. In what ways am I a hypocrite? I only defend a religion that is not of my own and I've become a hypocrite? If that's the case, what makes you? Irrational passive-aggressiveness... Look who's talking? Haha, you don't even know me and you are making uneducated assumptions about me. That just tells me so much about you.

And what? You working out in a gym is any of my business? Wow, I really need to know that. Or are you trying to hint at me that you are learning some martial arts to train your health and mind? I'm sad for your sensei because you obviously haven't reached that level of mind yet but tries to look like you did. And guess what, you're not the only person in this world that is "subjecting myself through my own fitness training regiment and my studies". If you are a Chinese you would know this line: 一山还比一山高. And just in case you can't even read this line, it means "there's always a higher mountain." So unless you are dumb, I'd advice you to be a more humble person. Don't try to put yourself too high or you'll fall real bad.

Did I mentioned anything about superstitions? Because no matter how I read and re-read the posts between us, I don't find anything accept for that line "If I'm a superstitious animal (which I cannot deny more often than not), then so are you." which really is just a reaction for your "If what you meant by them being "versatile" is through human irrationalities known as "loss aversion" and "confirmation bias", then it's only natural for humanity to be superstitious animals, yourself included." And now you, AGAIN, made uneducated ASSUMPTIONS that I'm a person who is so engrossed in superstitions that he lived in it.

Oh really? Self-pity? Show me how am I a person who enjoys wallowing in self-pity? Prove it and I'll accept it. Don't let your pride swallow you whole dude. Just because you are older doesn't give you the right to put others down. I'll tell you what you forgot in your training regime. It's something called "respect".

It was really a waste of a few minutes of my life sitting in front of my computer typing this for you. Oh by the way, I don't "despise" whatever religious individuals that you speak of. Don't put words in my mouth.
Are you yourself the model exemplar of human humbleness then? When your own pride and ego was showing in your own hypocritical statement, all I really need to do is to use your own expression against you. When you obviously wasn't thinking clearly enough.

, now that's the state of mind I was in, when all I did was reflecting your own irrationality right back at you. While you keep digging lower with your reactive attachment disorder.
78606 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
52 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 8/7/10 , edited 8/7/10
guy... guys...

The OP was about some idiots thinking the US first amendment entitled them to burn books they disagreed with.

The course of this thread has been about Islam and the efforts a couple of it's youthful adherants to either demand respect or act as apologists for it's bad reputation or perhaps, as improbable as it may seem, actually learn something from the rest of us.

If you must continue could you take it to PMs because now it won't matter which of you wins. You're both beginning to look um... less than stellar.

Back on topic.

If someone buys their own copy of a book and chooses to burn it. They are within their rights.

I personally find it abhorrant. To me book burnings have symbolized, weather in history or science fiction the ultimate act of human ignorance. Weather your book burning evokes the Nazis or the Firemen of "Fahrenheit 451" neither image is flattering nor inclined to engender any respect from me.

I also wonder how many Al Jezeira snuff films can be indirectly linked back to such an event when it's directed against the Qu'ran.

However, A lot of things people dislike or find offensive even blaphemous are legal in an open polygot and truly free society. So yeah those fucktards are free to burn copies of the Qu'ran, or any other book that they probably haven't read but have decided they dislike anyway (assuming they own the copies and obey all the local ordinances about open fires). And I'm free to think they're dicks for doing it.

As for the more general trend of the topic.

Nothing written here has convinced me to switch from my secular humanist and religious apatheism approaches to life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_humanism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatheism

Nor has it convinced me to alter my current judgments of daily events. I remain convinced that Islam as it is practiced by a sufficiently populous and empowered minority of it's adherents is significantly more violent and less tolerant than I would like. Certainly more so than the ideals of western society and certainly more so than most open secular societies are able to accomodate.

I believe the teachings of Islam DO permit it's adherants to abandon any moral code when dealing with non-believers.
I'm convinced there is an asymmetric violent response to perceived disrespect. and that it is a deliberate tactic for silencing non-believers and those who would question religious authority.
I believe the 'peace' that Islam's apologists proclaim is not the peace of tolerance and mutual understanding but something more akin to 'peace through superior firepower'

I would be ecstatic to be convinced otherwise but it would require a lot of people to change a lot of real world behaviour patterns.

In the meantime I'm willing to talk. Maybe dialogue can do.. something.





First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.