First  Prev  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next  Last

Qu'ran Burning Event

Posted 8/15/10 , edited 8/15/10

T-Rish wrote:


DomFortress wrote:



Here's where you don't get the logic of non-contradiction, as in when you unwisely claiming that all opinions are equal, you uncritically made all opinions are equally stupid when they don't work. But is that a factual claim based on reality?

For example, why should there even be a capital punishment/death penalty? When the reality is that it just doesn't work to solve crime in the US; capital of punishment.

When the laws of a society doesn't change, the society itself doesn't change either. Thereby when you have a patriarchy Muslim society that promote gender inequality, look what happens with the state of Muslim womanhood as according to their Islamic faith as the fundamental philosophy for their legislation.

Also, I find your downplaying the importance of philosophy very irrational. Because you're going against your very own Islamic teaching of valuing knowledge.

Finally can you see just how incredible the religious tradition of the "after-life" or "reincarnation" as a cultural norms during primary socialization, can make individuals pretty much disregard their current life as is? Furthermore, when the religious system of justification lies beyond the individuals' comprehension as both supernatural and metaphysical in existence, we're pretty much looking at a religious moral code of conduct that's incapable of yielding any natural and physical result within an individuals' given lifetime. How's that for a superstitious scapegoat? Pretty ethnocentric, wouldn't you agreed?




Oh one more thing, I'm not going to reply to any more quotes/replies because It's ridiculous to have religious threads on an Anime/Drama site, especially when there is so much ignoramus, stereotypical, media- and internet-induced rubbish going around.
And I rest my case, QED:
4053 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 8/15/10 , edited 8/15/10


The thing about you Dom I have notice is you dont address any issues at all anyone points out but merely jump over it. With this response I see that you posted doesnt dismantle anything the user has stated. My question to you is exactly what are you debating here? Now to me as much as you accuse muslim for pushing their faith on you, you indeed are a hypocrite as you are doing the same with that picture you just put up. Good for you that your an Aethiest Dom shall we reward you a cracker? No muslim on this forum cares if you are because to me this is what your slowly trying to turn this into. This is about Quran being burned and to me like I stated earlier is just an attempt to anger muslims. Muslims should not be angered at all is the Quran is only TEXT, it is the teachings that should remain forever. I dont know how other muslims will react but hopefully they wont give the media what they want which is anger and violence.
Posted 8/15/10 , edited 8/15/10

drizza wrote:



The thing about you Dom I have notice is you dont address any issues at all anyone points out but merely jump over it. With this response I see that you posted doesnt dismantle anything the user has stated. My question to you is exactly what are you debating here? Now to me as much as you accuse muslim for pushing their faith on you, you indeed are a hypocrite as you are doing the same with that picture you just put up. Good for you that your an Aethiest Dom shall we reward you a cracker? No muslim on this forum cares if you are because to me this is what your slowly trying to turn this into. This is about Quran being burned and to me like I stated earlier is just an attempt to anger muslims. Muslims should not be angered at all is the Quran is only TEXT, it is the teachings that should remain forever. I dont know how other muslims will react but hopefully they wont give the media what they want which is anger and violence.
Well then don't blame me for not relying on a single ideology as the only self-identity. Especially when that ideology rejects differences and alternatives not based on logic, but natural human irrationalities known as "loss aversion", "confirmation bias", and "representativeness"(that's a new one).
T-Rish 
46412 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 8/16/10 , edited 8/16/10

DomFortress wrote:


T-Rish wrote:


DomFortress wrote:



Here's where you don't get the logic of non-contradiction, as in when you unwisely claiming that all opinions are equal, you uncritically made all opinions are equally stupid when they don't work. But is that a factual claim based on reality?

For example, why should there even be a capital punishment/death penalty? When the reality is that it just doesn't work to solve crime in the US; capital of punishment.

When the laws of a society doesn't change, the society itself doesn't change either. Thereby when you have a patriarchy Muslim society that promote gender inequality, look what happens with the state of Muslim womanhood as according to their Islamic faith as the fundamental philosophy for their legislation.

Also, I find your downplaying the importance of philosophy very irrational. Because you're going against your very own Islamic teaching of valuing knowledge.

Finally can you see just how incredible the religious tradition of the "after-life" or "reincarnation" as a cultural norms during primary socialization, can make individuals pretty much disregard their current life as is? Furthermore, when the religious system of justification lies beyond the individuals' comprehension as both supernatural and metaphysical in existence, we're pretty much looking at a religious moral code of conduct that's incapable of yielding any natural and physical result within an individuals' given lifetime. How's that for a superstitious scapegoat? Pretty ethnocentric, wouldn't you agreed?




Oh one more thing, I'm not going to reply to any more quotes/replies because It's ridiculous to have religious threads on an Anime/Drama site, especially when there is so much ignoramus, stereotypical, media- and internet-induced rubbish going around.
And I rest my case, QED:


Oh please. Give me a break will you. Your not debating issues already in discussion, your bringing up completely new things that doesn't have anything to do with what the thread is actually about. And that diagram you have there is RUBBISH. I'm a Muslim and i'm studying Evolutionary biology along with other things. Evolutionary biology is the basis of my degree and also something that contradicts a lot of religions out there. Your not supposed to compare science and faith. Every knowledgeable person knows this. Its how you comprehend the situation is how it matters. Its useless if your trying to make me beleive science over everything. Like science is the answer to everything. Let me ask you this - Who made science?
Who made nature what it is today? Who created the first single-celled organism, that supposedly, evolved into everything today? Who made that LUCA? Who made chemistry, physics, mathematics, biology, and everything that we have in the world today?

To me, and many other people, the answer is God. And if you want to ask Who made God, then mate, i suggest you start thinking, because that's the beauty and miracle of religion. Like i said, you clearly don't have an understanding of anything other than your hyper-links. And you didn't have a case in the first place.

Edit: In response to what you replied to Drizza, There is logic behind everything, even Islam and its teachings... You don't see it, many people don't see it...I may not even understand it totally, but there is logic. Believe it or not. It is only HE who has taught us Islam that knows the "logic" behind everything. But hey, only us "ethnocentric" people who beleive we're superior to everyone and everything in the world would think something like this wouldn't we.
Posted 8/16/10 , edited 8/16/10

T-Rish wrote:



Oh please. Give me a break will you. Your not debating issues already in discussion, your bringing up completely new things that doesn't have anything to do with what the thread is actually about. And that diagram you have there is RUBBISH. I'm a Muslim and i'm studying Evolutionary biology along with other things. Evolutionary biology is the basis of my degree and also something that contradicts a lot of religions out there. Your not supposed to compare science and faith. Every knowledgeable person knows this. Its how you comprehend the situation is how it matters. Its useless if your trying to make me beleive science over everything. Like science is the answer to everything. Let me ask you this - Who made science?
Who made nature what it is today? Who created the first single-celled organism, that supposedly, evolved into everything today? Who made that LUCA? Who made chemistry, physics, mathematics, biology, and everything that we have in the world today?

To me, and many other people, the answer is God. And if you want to ask Who made God, then mate, i suggest you start thinking, because that's the beauty and miracle of religion. Like i said, you clearly don't have an understanding of anything other than your hyper-links. And you didn't have a case in the first place.

Edit: In response to what you replied to Drizza, There is logic behind everything, even Islam and its teachings... You don't see it, many people don't see it...I may not even understand it totally, but there is logic. Believe it or not. It is only HE who has taught us Islam that knows the "logic" behind everything. But hey, only us "ethnocentric" people who beleive we're superior to everyone and everything in the world would think something like this wouldn't we.
Then God is the perfect monkey, to the extreme. Until then, you have no metaphysical evidence of a supernatural existence. When you yourself don't even have an argument based on a clear and distinct idea of your superstition.

Finally, look who just came crawling back for more. After how she made a fuss about "It's ridiculous to have religious threads on an Anime/Drama site, especially when there is so much ignoramus, stereotypical, media- and internet-induced rubbish going around". So how are you trumping with that Islamic martyrdom of yours? Feeling vindicated much? If the logic needed in order to "believe" is simply to have "blind faith", then what's not stopping you to just believe in any and all propositions? What's not making you to believe in the possibility that you're arguing to your god right now? What is the purpose of a man's own nipples? When men don't lactate. How can a mere unchanged religious teaching be serving as a reservoir of knowledge about real complexities based on the law of non-contradiction?
2106 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 8/21/10 , edited 8/21/10
To get the books, they must first purchase it. The Publishers, who are probably, ironically, Mahometans, will make tonnes of money from they symbolic 'fuck you' to Islam. It's just like going to Walmart, buying an American Flag, and then taking to the street and burning it.
1288 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
A small place in...
Offline
Posted 8/23/10 , edited 8/23/10

drizza wrote:



The thing about you Dom I have notice is you dont address any issues at all anyone points out but merely jump over it. With this response I see that you posted doesnt dismantle anything the user has stated. My question to you is exactly what are you debating here? Now to me as much as you accuse muslim for pushing their faith on you, you indeed are a hypocrite as you are doing the same with that picture you just put up. Good for you that your an Aethiest Dom shall we reward you a cracker? No muslim on this forum cares if you are because to me this is what your slowly trying to turn this into. This is about Quran being burned and to me like I stated earlier is just an attempt to anger muslims. Muslims should not be angered at all is the Quran is only TEXT, it is the teachings that should remain forever. I dont know how other muslims will react but hopefully they wont give the media what they want which is anger and violence.

Actually I always thought Domfortress have always make good points and Darkphoenix or even Domfortress and many others in this CR have always been consistent in their theological views although I thought they could be a little more sensitive, whether it is secular or non-secular. I be honest and say that I heard of this 'Holy book burning party' but not know much about it.

Regarding this issue of burning of Quran, the muslim's holy book, from what I gather from asking, Muslims were more bemused rather than being angry about this. There were some who were angry because of the meaning behind these burnings but the general feeling I got was that there were far worst things that could be done with the Quran , throwing in toilet, spitting on it, etc but burning not so. Disposal of muslim's religious text which were spoilt or torn were often done by burning. Ironic isn't it.

Still just like you say, the meaning behind the burning was to incite a response from the Muslim community and if you look closely the people generally behind such demonstrations are the religious ones and while Domfortress or many others have strong non-religious views but I always found the religious ones to be more pushy and judgmental and destructive in their views and actions.
66610 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
57 / M / Atlanta GA
Online
Posted 8/23/10 , edited 8/24/10
Well I am against book burning recycle any book of any religion I do not care. The books stores and all the publishing companies out there will love for it. This is called supply and demand another words Capitalism the best system out there all Hail to the mighty whatever your currency is. I say to the dollar but that a dumb bet in fact gold would be a better bet. or other precious metals. By the way I don not like any group Ideology from atheist to all religions. I have my own thought on many of these subjects but to be lumped into a group that like taking the collective IQ of a group and divided by 2 and that the IQ of the group or mob. Maybe that why so many mental cases kill in the name of what ever the cause is. Most these clown that kill in the name of any religion would kill some body just to do it, bunch of nut jobs out there.
Posted 8/24/10 , edited 8/24/10
I say burn the Twilight books, which probably have more followers than Islam by now.
Posted 8/24/10 , edited 8/24/10

jandarujora wrote:

I say burn the Twilight books, which probably have more followers than Islam by now.


And how will you burn away such a great force in this world? The Twilight moms alone are the most ravenous fanatics since those who knocked over the World Trade Center.
30256 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / Davao
Offline
Posted 9/1/10 , edited 9/1/10
"I mean ask yourself, have you ever really seen a really happy Muslim? As they're on the way to Mecca? As they gather together in the mosque on the floor? Does it look like a real religion of joy?" - Jones

How would he know when he's not even a Muslim to begin with.

Hmmm, maybe I'll start launching a "Burning the Holy Bible Day" which would be celebrated in the 25th day of December. ;D
Post tons of how all Christians are sexually obsessed with a Jew named Jesus Christ and how they force everyone around them to swallow their poorly written fictitious book.

If Christ died for my sins then why do you call me a sinner? – TheXroadr

Gawsh
I wish I could personally strangle them pedo preachers and force them to answer questions they don't want to hear.
Posted 9/4/10 , edited 9/4/10

Phyzjob wrote:

"I mean ask yourself, have you ever really seen a really happy Muslim? As they're on the way to Mecca? As they gather together in the mosque on the floor? Does it look like a real religion of joy?" - Jones

How would he know when he's not even a Muslim to begin with.

Hmmm, maybe I'll start launching a "Burning the Holy Bible Day" which would be celebrated in the 25th day of December. ;D
Post tons of how all Christians are sexually obsessed with a Jew named Jesus Christ and how they force everyone around them to swallow their poorly written fictitious book.

If Christ died for my sins then why do you call me a sinner? – TheXroadr

Gawsh
I wish I could personally strangle them pedo preachers and force them to answer questions they don't want to hear.


Conventional logic ceases when certain faiths are introduced into everything. God did not create me, yet he did create all these imbeciles wrongfully touting their psychotic dogma.
6268 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 9/4/10 , edited 9/4/10
This event is sooo beautifull ironic.

The chance that these people got those qurans from muslims is very very very slim, so where did they come from?
From stores, they bought a whole bunch of qurans and the people who made money from it are?
Probably muslims

So what's gonna happen next? Well since the quran sold so much that month there will be more of them made and sent to the stores
Perhaps this is a way off advertising your book.
I think the next books that shall be burned are indeed twillight, but then by the publishers, so that they can sell even more

PS, this realisation has put me in a wonderfull mood.
113268 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / Ѵσσ∂σσ Ƭɛит
Offline
Posted 9/5/10 , edited 9/5/10
you racists piss me off so goddamn much.
Posted 9/5/10 , edited 9/5/10

FallenAngelDeath wrote:

you racists piss me off so goddamn much.


Racism? No, we were discussing religion, not ethnicity.
First  Prev  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.