First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last

Qu'ran Burning Event

78606 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
52 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 8/3/10 , edited 8/4/10

JJT2 wrote:


I agree that plenty of wars have been started and finished becauseo of religion. I just wouldnt say "most" wars. Becuase history class in Europe/ USA tend to focus solely on USA/ European wars. It's very Eurocentric. And i really was just being as asshole by saying this. I was just bored and saw a Gracy video and lost my cool. This wasnt even meant to be directed at you, but the Gracy is dead...


My state? I live in the USA. peace over war


hmmm... by the way. Who is this Gracy?


4294 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 8/3/10 , edited 8/4/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


JJT2 wrote:


I agree that plenty of wars have been started and finished becauseo of religion. I just wouldnt say "most" wars. Becuase history class in Europe/ USA tend to focus solely on USA/ European wars. It's very Eurocentric. And i really was just being as asshole by saying this. I was just bored and saw a Gracy video and lost my cool. This wasnt even meant to be directed at you, but the Gracy is dead...


My state? I live in the USA. peace over war


hmmm... by the way. Who is this Gracy?




The founder of Brazilian Jujutsu. He and his entire family are famous in the martial arts world. They wanted to prove thier re-packaged Jujutsu was the most superior martial art in the world. They went into the first MMA tournaments and wiped out the competition, saying stand-up was useless. 99% of fights end up on the ground. And they would have almost got away with it, but people rose up and defeated them. Catch wreslters, muay thai guys , Judo guys, ect. Though they did teach us when on the ground, you better know what your doing. That why in MMA today, everyone knows some form of grappling.

Its just the Gracies were so arrogant. Making all kinds of fake claims, statistics, and even fake videos to prove thier point. Think of them as the anti-thesist of martial arts. They wanted to prove thier way was the only right way and everyone else was clueless. peace over war
4294 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 8/3/10 , edited 8/4/10

tarakelly wrote:

I started to question about your age when some of your question sounded more like a young teenager. I do understand in many Islamic countries just asking these kind of question could get you killed. Because of Islamic law is tough and deadly to many stories out of Saudi Arabia to make me think other wise. So yes i am or was concerned for you well being. and the question you asked are so naive to me. I do not like Islam nor do i trust the males that follow it. I have been around Muslim males blaming the Jews for there personal life failures. I once thought a nice man turned into a blood thirsty loony-toon . Every thing you state is Allah will sorry I do not buy that as a answer it to easy and no fact. another words you belief system is based on fiction not fact Allah trumps everything in your world. In parts of the world arrange marriage happen because of the strict rule of Islam. Is it not true if you go out with a male not related to you, there can be repercussions to it by law. But you do live UAE and maybe there less strict there. America part of Europe and south America is what seen or worked. Believing in magic is so child like i am sorry but to me that's not being an adult. when i see Muslim dance in the street over the trade towers i have plenty of malice in me for those people.


Im sorry, i hate to butt in a conversation that i know nothing about, but i cant let such racism and ethocentric ideas go unchallenged.

"America part of Europe and south America is what seen or worked"

In other words,your culture is surperior, perfect, the only one that works and they should all join there huh? To bad some did that and the Europeans are trying to kick them out.

What's seen is the country the individual lives in. What works are the countries still around today. No Play off USA, Europe,ect. as spme perfect paradise and the Islamic world as some hell on Earth. If u havn't been thier, grew up, their, lived their; what the hell would you know about being from their? Just because it differs from your country doesn't make it inferior.

belief system is based on fiction not fact Allah trumps everything in your world

You know nothing about her belief system or world. And a religion doesnt have to be a fact to be true. It can be 100% made up and still hold more truth than anything you ever layed your eyes on.

Believing in magic is so child like i am sorry but to me that's not being an adult. when i see Muslim dance in the street over the trade towers i have plenty of malice in me for those people.

Why does she have to be an adult in your eyes? She doesnt need your approval. Being a man or a woman has nothing to do with what you believe. Such as i believe a truth adult wouldn't have thoughts like this "when i see Muslim dance in the street over the trade towers i have plenty of malice in me for those people" and then plaster them all over Islam as if the entire religion and country orchestrated the event. But who am I to recongize who is and who isnt an adult? Their are so many uneducaded and ignorant adults out thier, i dont have time to anaylize such a thing. And u dont either. And people wonder why America gets attacked. peace over war
10417 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / 地獄の鳥居前に...
Offline
Posted 8/3/10 , edited 8/4/10

neko-cat wrote:

well okay then
i will ask
just to see how do you think

who create the spirit ?
where will your spirit go after death ?
if humans are not created why they are different?? why there is no 2 persons who look exactly the same? why there is no 2 persons who have the same Fingerprint ?? i mean we can find some kinds of animals that look exactly the same !!!!
what about Destiny ?? if you believe in Destiny don't you think you will live more happy because then what ever bad or good thing happen to you ----> you will say it is Destiny ....
what about angels ?? what does science say about angels ??
what does science say about magic ?? don't they use devil ( genie ) help ??

you know it is my first time i talk to people who don't believe in god .... and i am curios
i want to see how do you think !!!!


I'm actually more surprised that there are people who are surprised that there are people who have no religions.
Lol, that's tricky...

I have no religion myself but I'm not a big fan of science either. But I would turn to believe in science more than a religion if I would have to choose. The questions you ask are very.. unscientific.

Who created the spirit?
there is no actual proof from science, that spirits or souls, if you will, exist in human beings. we are alive and running and thinking individuals because we have a brain that would function normally. Animals are not like us because they have a less developed brain, in another sense, less intelligent brains than human brains. So once your brain stop functioning, we would go into comma, that is not because our "spirit" have left.

where will your spirit go after death ?

Well, once your heart stop beating, that scientifically means you are dead. When your heart stops beating, your bloodstreams stop pumping and oxygen would not be delivered to your brain, therefore your brain would go into a comma and thus "you" as a person ceased to exist. That is what it means to die. It means the identity known as you would cease to exist and your body would start to decompose fullstop.

if humans are not created why they are different?? why there is no 2 persons who look exactly the same? why there is no 2 persons who have the same Fingerprint ??
Like Allhailodin mentioned, every living organism is not the same because we all have a different DNA. Please read his post for more details.
i mean we can find some kinds of animals that look exactly the same !!!!
and err... you are mistaken, there are no 2 animals that would look exactly alike even if they are the same species. You just didn't observe closely enough. =)

what about Destiny ?? if you believe in Destiny don't you think you will live more happy because then what ever bad or good thing happen to you ----> you will say it is Destiny ....
personally, I believe that people who just run and hide behind "its all fated" when anything happens are losers. They are cowards who can't face the consequences of their own actions and conveniently push faults or unhappiness to "destiny" and "fate".
I want to believe in myself and believe that I am the one who creates my own destiny, not to blindly being led around by it.

what about angels ?? what does science say about angels ??
Err... Science have never proven the existence of angels. So there is nothing much to say about that really.
Angels are mythical creatures created by humans' imaginations and fantasies. There are also many old arts such as paintings, sculptures, scriptures, etc, that depicts angels descending from the sky. But scientifically, that is impossible.
-Firstly, angels are human-looking beings with wings right? Humans, homo sapients, are mammals. Wings are made from feathers and only birds have feathers. They are 2 totally different categories of living organism and even cross-breeding (which is sick to think about a human cross-breeding with a bird) would not outcome with such a perfect and neat image of a winged human.
-Secondly, birds can fly because they have hollow bones, and humans cannot because like all land creatures, we do not have hollow bones. Hollow bones lighten the weight of the body considerably and therefore allows birds to go airborne. But even if given wings, humans would not logically have flown at all because we do not have hollow bones!

what does science say about magic ?? don't they use devil ( genie ) help ??
And hahahahaha... nono, I think I get what you mean. You mean street and professionally staged magic right? Those are tricks. It is all part of physics and sometimes chemistry., which are really just science at your fingertips, literally.
Those that you see on TV, with people able to float in the air, those are all tricks. they play with the weakness of human eyes and perception. Human's eyes are actually pretty weak when compared to eagle's or fish's. They can see certain glass or water refraction which human's eyes cannot catch. therefore by using this theory, a lot of the magic tricks are really just science that tricks our minds and eyes. I bet magicians have never seen any devils in their life.
78606 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
52 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 8/4/10 , edited 8/4/10

JJT2 wrote:



The founder of Brazilian Jujutsu. He and his entire family are famous in the martial arts world. They wanted to prove thier re-packaged Jujutsu was the most superior martial art in the world. They went into the first MMA tournaments and wiped out the competition, saying stand-up was useless. 99% of fights end up on the ground. And they would have almost got away with it, but people rose up and defeated them. Catch wreslters, muay thai guys , Judo guys, ect. Though they did teach us when on the ground, you better know what your doing. That why in MMA today, everyone knows some form of grappling.

Its just the Gracies were so arrogant. Making all kinds of fake claims, statistics, and even fake videos to prove thier point. Think of them as the anti-thesist of martial arts. They wanted to prove thier way was the only right way and everyone else was clueless. peace over war


Oh, Those Gracies. I knew they were part of founding mixed martial arts. I didn't know that they were hated for it. As for their claims. isn't it generally the received wisdom in MMA that regardless of how good or bad you are in the stand up, you MUST have a good ground game? Sorry I don't really follow the sport though I have a friend who does. Of course, what people forget is having a ground game might be important in a one on one fight with rules... once you're on the ground in a real fight where you're outnumbered... your outlook is bleak.




66610 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
57 / M / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 8/4/10 , edited 8/4/10
JJT2 you should pull your head out of that dark place which it shoved into. Do to question being asked I started to wounder just how old she was. And back peddle on some of what I was thinking I hate to get some hurt over this silly stuff. Maybe looking further up where we started to talk. But you like to pull shit out of context. You say peace over war but getting some child hurt is not my thing. Later I checked her page just to see what this person my be like. Many question sounded to me as if a thirteen year old wrote them. So try to use that muscle between your ears and understand. I may be far more human then you are peace over war means nothing if you do not stand up to protect what you hold dear to you.
78606 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
52 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 8/4/10 , edited 8/4/10

-queendom- wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Okay I'm leaving this thread until people who know that "YOU" is a THREE LETTER WORD begin posting here.

I refuse to argue with the illiterate.


Hey there , I was wondering why you keep focus on the English Queen Writing ! and you forgot about the meaning we try to say it out to you !! yeah , English is not my Language but am sure that what am saying is Understandable , coz am here for watching and makeing friends , learns about ppl minds too , so don't make it hard , you talk like a teacher in school :D


The phrase "The Queen's English" is a patriotic conceit of mine. It's aimed, in part, at lazy or parochial Americans who think they own the english language. Also, it clearly sets high standards for the use of english. Standards that I don't even pretend to meet.

I don't use english well enough myself to avoid attacks by so-called "grammar nazis": people who make a point of policing everyonelses use of the english language. I am also fairly tolerant of errors in grammar or spelling in others that I refuse to make myself.

Where I draw the line truly is when people are too lazy or disrespectful to spell a simple three letter word that is a basic component of the english language. If you can read English at all, you know what "You, Are, Be, For, Too, and To" mean and I cannot comprehend a circumstance that would allow any meaningful communication in written English where the author did not know how to correctly spell those words. Ergo I can only assume that spelling them as "U, R, B, 4, 2 and 2" is a sign of laziness and disrespect for the language.

Given that you are most likely here to demand respect for something you cherish. It's hypocritical to do it while being disrespectfull of the very language in which you are making those demands. I do not care if it's because you're an English as a Second Language (ESL) student or because you're a lazy American. Using one letter just to save yourself a couple of key strokes is a sign of disrespect and laziness that, for me, completely discredits anything else you might have to say.

I really don't think that asking people to spell basic three letter words properly is 'making it too hard'.


10402 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 8/4/10 , edited 8/4/10

tarakelly wrote:

I started to question about your age when some of your question sounded more like a young teenager. I do understand in many Islamic countries just asking these kind of question could get you killed. Because of Islamic law is tough and deadly to many stories out of Saudi Arabia to make me think other wise. So yes i am or was concerned for you well being. and the question you asked are so naive to me. I do not like Islam nor do i trust the males that follow it. I have been around Muslim males blaming the Jews for there personal life failures. I once thought a nice man turned into a blood thirsty loony-toon . Every thing you state is Allah will sorry I do not buy that as a answer it to easy and no fact. another words you belief system is based on fiction not fact Allah trumps everything in your world. In parts of the world arrange marriage happen because of the strict rule of Islam. Is it not true if you go out with a male not related to you, there can be repercussions to it by law. But you do live UAE and maybe there less strict there. America part of Europe and south America is what seen or worked. Believing in magic is so child like i am sorry but to me that's not being an adult. when i see Muslim dance in the street over the trade towers i have plenty of malice in me for those people.



no they teach as the answer of these questions at school ...... and asking a question never killed any one

Islamic law is easy not tough , it is all for the people advantage ----> but sadly some Muslims are not following the Islam and they destroy Islam image to the world ........... ( don't mix between Islam and Muslims)

what about females ?? do you trust Muslim females?
do you like Christian ?? do you like Jewish??

in Islam rules about marriage is not strict --------> the male go to the female house with his family and ask the female family that the male want to marry the female .... then the family ask the people about that male and they see if he is a good person or not after that they ask the female if she agree then the marriage happen and they both go in details.. what is the strict thing about it....

well how the low will know that the male is not related to the female !!!!! and i don't think that there is a repercussions to it by law... by the way i have never go out with a male who is not related to me....

did they really dance in the street ? where ? you know i was a child when the towers problem happened but i have saw some thing interesting on youtube about it ----> i will send you the link after i will find it




10402 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 8/4/10 , edited 8/4/10

tarakelly wrote:

So you do come from a wealthy family and you probably will never want for anything that nice. I had to do a little back ground checking myself. Now i can understand better from your viewpoint. I feel you will have a good life not much struggle no real challenges for you. Yet I am proud of what i have made and built and god had nothing to do with it. My hard work, my mind, and my will made my mark. Good luck on your bright future.


no not that wealthy but i thank Allah for every thing i have

will never want for anything that nice!!!!!!!!!!! what do you mean by that ?? all the people want anything that nice

well i have real challenges........ but i do what ever i can do then i believe that Allah will help me in my challenges
and if i pass the challenge i thank Allah and if i lose the challenge i know that Allah want the good for me and there is things that Allah know and i don't know... so in both ways i thank Allah for what i have

i hope i will have a bright future.....




10402 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 8/4/10 , edited 8/4/10


Thank you for answering

but in Islam we don't describe the shape of angels ....

and some people use magic to hurt other people
and the other people get hurt after that they go back to the magician person to make him stop what he or she did....
they know things that you have never told them about ..... they know your past and your future .... they admit that they use devil help ...
you may don't know a lot about devil because you don't believe that there is a devil ..... but they can see as and we can't see them
they live just like as but they have a knowledge more than people ... there are good devils who know Allah and never do bad things and there are bad devils who try to make people not to believe in Allah and do bad things to other people .....

i want to ask you if you have only 3 choices and you should chose to be a 1-MUSLIM 2- CHRISTIAN 3- JEWISH ... what will you chose ?
78606 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
52 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 8/4/10 , edited 8/4/10

neko-cat wrote:


i want to ask you if you have only 3 choices and you should chose to be a 1-MUSLIM 2- CHRISTIAN 3- JEWISH ... what will you chose ?


I don't suppose "None of the Above" is a valid answer?

Why do I have to choose any of them?




10402 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 8/4/10 , edited 8/4/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


neko-cat wrote:


i want to ask you if you have only 3 choices and you should chose to be a 1-MUSLIM 2- CHRISTIAN 3- JEWISH ... what will you chose ?


I don't suppose "None of the Above" is a valid answer?

Why do I have to choose any of them?






suppose that you should chose one!!!! what it will be?
20290 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
39 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 8/4/10 , edited 8/4/10

neko-cat wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


neko-cat wrote:


i want to ask you if you have only 3 choices and you should chose to be a 1-MUSLIM 2- CHRISTIAN 3- JEWISH ... what will you chose ?


I don't suppose "None of the Above" is a valid answer?

Why do I have to choose any of them?






suppose that you should chose one!!!! what it will be?



Norse Gods.

After all Odin, is the father of all the other gods.

There is also Documents of him taking on human form in order to hang out with his creations "MAN KIND."

Norse Gods are also the most laid back of the gods I have read about, unlike the other gods, they do not punish those that do not believe, they could care less. At that I willing to bet Loki created the single god religion, because that was Loki's goal to be the only god.

So if your part of the single god religions than your worshiping Odin's bastard of a child LOKI..
8742 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / Scotland, Aberdeen
Offline
Posted 8/4/10 , edited 8/4/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


neko-cat wrote:


i want to ask you if you have only 3 choices and you should chose to be a 1-MUSLIM 2- CHRISTIAN 3- JEWISH ... what will you chose ?


I don't suppose "None of the Above" is a valid answer?

Why do I have to choose any of them?






Because X deity is the true god, and you just don't know. You are ignorant, because all people who do not believe in the existence of X deity are ignorant.
78606 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
52 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 8/4/10 , edited 8/4/10

DerfelCadarn wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


neko-cat wrote:


i want to ask you if you have only 3 choices and you should chose to be a 1-MUSLIM 2- CHRISTIAN 3- JEWISH ... what will you chose ?


I don't suppose "None of the Above" is a valid answer?

Why do I have to choose any of them?






Because X deity is the true god, and you just don't know. You are ignorant, because all people who do not believe in the existence of X deity are ignorant.


If X = The Flying Spaghetti Monster, then TRUE

Pastafarian for the win.


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.