First  Prev  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  Next  Last

One Piece IS NOW HERE

Post Reply
25037 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
31 / M / Tallahassee, Florida
Offline
Posted 11/13/13 , edited 11/14/13

TrueGoober wrote:


HatredGlory wrote:

This is a show i've tried to get into several times.....but seeing that 600+ episode number makes me change my mind immediately. If there was a catchup episode, or if you guys started it at their time jump forward I think I'd pick it up from there....


You're making it sound like it will only be enjoyable once you get caught up to the current episode. If it's a good show, then the fact that it has more episodes should be a good thing. Catching up is one of the enjoyable parts of One Piece. You shouldn't look at it as a task.


Not sure how it can't be seen as a task lol. There is over 8 FULL DAYS of video to watch, and thats using a rough number of 600 episodes and 20 minutes an episode. From what I've seen on Hulu, it's a LONG and Dragged out series. Through most the first season, and pretty much nothing happened.

I guess I've just been spoiled by shows that end in 25 episodes.
29982 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 11/13/13 , edited 11/14/13

HatredGlory wrote:

Not sure how it can't be seen as a task lol. There is over 8 FULL DAYS of video to watch, and thats using a rough number of 600 episodes and 20 minutes an episode. From what I've seen on Hulu, it's a LONG and Dragged out series. Through most the first season, and pretty much nothing happened.

I guess I've just been spoiled by shows that end in 25 episodes. :P


Well if it's a task then it's an awesome task lol, like eating a huge burger or something.

If you're wondering about a time frame for when it "gets good", I'd say I really liked everything from Sanji's arc (which is around episode 20) and onward. I'm currently on episode 61, and yeah they're still not at the Grand Line yet (which is like their first big thing they have to do plotwise lol). But I'm enjoying watching it. No complaints.
Posted 11/15/13 , edited 11/15/13
I'm interested in checking this out once all the other episodes are out on CR
3645 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 11/16/13 , edited 11/16/13
Please upload all the episodes already whats taking u so long CR
15075 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27 / M / Hollywood California
Offline
Posted 11/16/13 , edited 11/16/13
Seriously I've been checking everyday. The fact that they acquired doesn't actually mean anything if it isn't actually available.
14171 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
32 / F / California
Offline
Posted 11/16/13 , edited 11/17/13
Guess I'm not the only one waiting for Crunchyroll to upload all the One Piece episodes. This is the only reason I'm paying the subscription. ._.
4612 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 11/17/13 , edited 11/18/13
AWESOME. I might kill some time by watching some OP with you guys!
33013 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/18/13 , edited 11/18/13
CR do you have the rights too all the episodes or is there going to still be a episode gap like on hulu and onepieceofficial.com?

edwarx 
37911 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
35 / M / Córdoba, Argentina
Offline
Posted 11/18/13 , edited 11/18/13

ibrahim2712 wrote:

Please upload all the episodes already whats taking u so long CR


You know, you can't translate/encode 617 episodes in a day...
29982 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 11/19/13 , edited 11/20/13

edwarx wrote:


ibrahim2712 wrote:

Please upload all the episodes already whats taking u so long CR


You know, you can't translate/encode 617 episodes in a day...


Yeah, but it's disheartening to not even have a timetable, much less any installments or signs of progress. All we've been given is, "Oh, they'll be up there later."
79680 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / Northeast
Offline
Posted 11/19/13 , edited 11/20/13
I'm also waiting on the back catalog. Is this going to be soon?
62087 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
35 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 11/20/13 , edited 11/20/13
Wait...did One Piece finally hit Crunchyroll without covering Europe as well? I've been paying for this service as long as I can remember now, but if were excluded from a huge title as this, not to mention my favorite anime then sorry Crunchyroll but that's a big red flag for not paying anymore.
40817 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
39 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/13 , edited 11/20/13

TrueGoober wrote:


edwarx wrote:


ibrahim2712 wrote:

Please upload all the episodes already whats taking u so long CR


You know, you can't translate/encode 617 episodes in a day...


Yeah, but it's disheartening to not even have a timetable, much less any installments or signs of progress. All we've been given is, "Oh, they'll be up there later."


It's quicker for them to just work on it, and give us a timetable when they've already made substantial progress. Not to mention that I have been told that they've been burned in the past by giving specifics and being unable to deliver.

I imagine that we'll probably hear something in the next couple of months though.

46094 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/13 , edited 11/20/13
Transcoding and encoding is a god awful long task. For your average pc, it'd roughly take 30 minutes for a 20~min show? I'm sure CR has more than capable hardware but even so, it'd take weeks straight nonstop to do 600+ episodes.

Considering the large fan base OP has, I think it made sense to start with the new episodes while they're busy working on the others.
76206 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
58 / M / NE Ohio | Beijing
Offline
Posted 11/20/13 , edited 11/21/13

darqish wrote: Transcoding and encoding is a god awful long task. For your average pc, it'd roughly take 30 minutes for a 20~min show? I'm sure CR has more than capable hardware but even so, it'd take weeks straight nonstop to do 600+ episodes.

And remember that they have multiple resolutions and at some resolutions multiple encodes for different devices/channels. They probably don't have source material for 1080p for the whole series, but even 540p source material would mean a 360p encode, a 480p encode, a 720p encode, and at least two, maybe four, additional encodes for different devices/channels.

Its surely frustrating to not know when they will be rolling out, but it likely means that Crunchyroll doesn't know ... its one thing to get an agreement to the rights, its another thing to get source materials delivered.

The other thing is subtitles ~ if they are using Funimation subtitles, that is a second materials delivery question, while if they are doing their own subtitles, they will have to commission the subtitling and that will slow down the rollout of new episodes a lot.
First  Prev  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.