First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last

What Are Your Thoughts on Racism?

211 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / socal
Offline
Posted 6/20/15 , edited 6/21/15

jeffcoatstephen wrote:

Racism doesn't exist. It's an excuse for sensitive people to get people who crack a joke about them in trouble. Same goes for sexism, homophobia, ETC. lol

Obvious troll is obvious.
9051 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/15 , edited 6/21/15
I dunno. I treat everyone like I want to be treated. I don't care if you're black, white, red, green, or purple. But if you're chartreuse, it's on! Just kidding. Seriously, I really don't care. The color of your skin doesn't matter. Your brain does. Study hard, learn well, do well. It's just that simple. I don't grade you. You grade yourself.
Posted 6/20/15 , edited 6/21/15

jvempire wrote:


jeffcoatstephen wrote:

Racism doesn't exist. It's an excuse for sensitive people to get people who crack a joke about them in trouble. Same goes for sexism, homophobia, ETC. lol

Obvious troll is obvious.

A disgrace to the trolls.
He's fired.
Posted 6/21/15 , edited 6/21/15

jvempire wrote:


jeffcoatstephen wrote:

Racism doesn't exist. It's an excuse for sensitive people to get people who crack a joke about them in trouble. Same goes for sexism, homophobia, ETC. lol

Obvious troll is obvious.


Sorry but I'm being honest. All those are just excuses. They are simply just being bullied and are too sensitive to take it. When killing is involved it's just terrorism and when it's just assault it's violence. Racism, sexism, homophobia, and whatever else pussies make up are excuses.
Posted 6/21/15 , edited 6/21/15

jeffcoatstephen wrote:

Sorry but I'm being honest. All those are just excuses. They are simply just being bullied and are too sensitive to take it. When killing is involved it's just terrorism and when it's just assault it's violence. Racism, sexism, homophobia, and whatever else pussies make up are excuses.


You're just full of sage wisdom aren't you? Gee, I wish I was as enlightened to the truths of this world as you.

You and your ideals are about as backwoods as Deliverance. Get a grip, it's 2015.

What's your excuse for this? Or are you too sensitive? Are we all too sensitive?
Posted 6/21/15 , edited 6/21/15

AiYumega wrote:


jeffcoatstephen wrote:

Sorry but I'm being honest. All those are just excuses. They are simply just being bullied and are too sensitive to take it. When killing is involved it's just terrorism and when it's just assault it's violence. Racism, sexism, homophobia, and whatever else pussies make up are excuses.


You're just full of sage wisdom aren't you? Gee, I wish I was as enlightened to the truths of this world as you.

You and your ideals are about as backwoods as Deliverance. Get a grip, it's 2015.

What's your excuse for this? Or are you too sensitive? Are we all too sensitive?


I have no excuse it's just these things never existed in the first place. People who couldn't handle the truth just made them up to get others in trouble.
Posted 6/21/15 , edited 6/21/15

jeffcoatstephen wrote:


I have no excuse it's just these things never existed in the first place. People who couldn't handle the truth just made them up to get others in trouble.


Really?

Really...
Posted 6/21/15 , edited 6/21/15

AiYumega wrote:


jeffcoatstephen wrote:


I have no excuse it's just these things never existed in the first place. People who couldn't handle the truth just made them up to get others in trouble.


Really?

Really...


Yep Well I'm off to work good day.
21364 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / Koreatown
Offline
Posted 6/23/15 , edited 6/24/15
it'll never go away
13181 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/24/15 , edited 6/24/15
Iam white so my opinion dose not matter.
Posted 6/24/15 , edited 6/24/15

MrAnimeSK wrote:

Iam white so my opinion dose not matter.

Tru
13181 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/24/15 , edited 6/24/15

anzn wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:

Iam white so my opinion dose not matter.

Tru


Bit like that south park episode. With Token. lol
29926 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 6/24/15 , edited 6/24/15
It's ugly and still exists today in many forms. *looks at BET and Tyler Perry movies* It's a damn shame too.
50109 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/24/15 , edited 6/24/15
I no longer care for racism.
44535 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 6/24/15 , edited 6/24/15
This may put a spin on things.

I have had racist impulses many times in the past. One example is when a Puerto Rican kid stole some money from me during High School. One of my best friends was Puerto Rican, nicest guy I knew, but that still didn't stop me from wanting to shout something racist at the one who stole my money.

For me anyway, racism is an impulsive emotional outburst. I consciously have to restrain myself. I know race doesn't matter. Which means that my real problem lies somewhere else, but racism seems to be the most convenient outlet for my anger.

I suppose you can say I am kind of pseudo-Vulcan. Vulcans aren't void of emotion, they just have learned to consciously deal with it. I think that is the problem with open racists. They don't know how to deal with their emotions, and racism is just the easiest way to express them.

This of course doesn't include historical events where racism was useful to further a specific agenda. Take slavery in the south for example. No matter how you look at it emotionally, it was useful for plantation owners to have people remain racist. It gave them cheap labor. So whether they actually hated their slaves because of their race or not was irrelevant, they had incentive to keep them enslaved. That is a bit different from the emotional knee-jerk racist feelings I have felt in the past.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.