First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last

What Are Your Thoughts on Racism?

8428 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/5/14 , edited 6/5/14
In my opinion the problem with racism is that people nowadays are so over sensitive that we put key words on a pedestal instead of looking at the intent of the person, i call my gay friend faggot all the time, because he knows i say it just playing around, you turn some words into a weapon by being super sensitive about it, if we just move on to more important issues like poverty/starvation/shootings people might realize that there's more important shit to worry about.
77 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Inside your hole.
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/6/14

outerheaven139 wrote:

In my opinion the problem with racism is that people nowadays are so over sensitive that we put key words on a pedestal instead of looking at the intent of the person, i call my gay friend faggot all the time, because he knows i say it just playing around, you turn some words into a weapon by being super sensitive about it, if we just move on to more important issues like poverty/starvation/shootings people might realize that there's more important shit to worry about.


That would assume that people who are "sensitive" don't focus on other issues. Since I've been on the Internet for some time, I've learned three things I find wrong with this and this topic:

1. People tend to give a crap about some issues more when it can or does effect them or their love ones. When someone is being racist against Black people, the ones who are offended and going to care more about this are some Black people themselves; you'll have different races of people offended but they probably care because of their sense of morality and logic, they see this as attacking their loved ones who are Black, or they love to be the white knight looking good to people. This whole thing can happen no matter the race or label. Those who are non-Black in that example most likely be more passionate if someone was discriminatory against their group. That's why we have groups like NAACP, they focus on the thing that's mostly affects them, they can't focus on everything.

2. How much time and energy one can give to an issue and how much they can change. Not everyone will be able to focus on that one important topic because they either don't feel like they can't change much or don't have that problem effect them. While someone could find poverty a problem, they'll focus on race issues because they have more of a chance to effect that and what is more easier, takes less time, so they can focus more on their lives. While it could be seen as laziness in some aspects, some people are busy.

3. When someone has a friend they know, derogatory terms can be said easily because they know that person, this does not extend all the time to strangers. Some people focus on more on how it's used, not very useful with people's subjectivity.
8428 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/6/14

EPwatcher wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:

In my opinion the problem with racism is that people nowadays are so over sensitive that we put key words on a pedestal instead of looking at the intent of the person, i call my gay friend faggot all the time, because he knows i say it just playing around, you turn some words into a weapon by being super sensitive about it, if we just move on to more important issues like poverty/starvation/shootings people might realize that there's more important shit to worry about.


That would assume that people who are "sensitive" don't focus on other issues. Since I've been on the Internet for some time, I've learned three things I find wrong with this and this topic:

1. People tend to give a crap about some issues more when it can or does effect them or their love ones. When someone is being racist against Black people, the ones who are offended and going to care more about this are some Black people themselves; you'll have different races of people offended but they probably care because of their sense of morality and logic, they see this as attacking their loved ones who are Black, or they love to be the white knight looking good to people. This whole thing can happen no matter the race or label. Those who are non-Black in that example most likely be more passionate if someone was discriminatory against their group. That's why we have groups like NAACP, they focus on the thing that's mostly affects them, they can't focus on everything.

2. How much time and energy one can give to an issue and how much they can change. Not everyone will be able to focus on that one important topic because they either don't feel like they can't change much or don't have that problem effect them. While someone could find poverty a problem, they'll focus on race issues because they have more of a chance to effect that and what is more easier, takes less time, so they can focus more on their lives. While it could be seen as laziness in some aspects, some people are busy.

3. When someone has a friend they know, derogatory terms can be said easily because they know that person, this does not extend all the time to strangers. Some people focus on more on how it's used, not very useful with people's subjectivity.


What i meant is that you're waisting energy on a pointless subject rather than actual important ones, i never said people that are over-sensitive just worry about minor stuff and nothing else.

You don't have to know the person or be friends with that person to know the actual intent behind their statements, you just need to have a bit of common sense and hold your urges to be a white knight for attention.

I agree with you that focusing on "easy" issues like feminism/racism/homophia takes less time, and you can look like you know what you're talking about with a lot less information, you just need to pick a side and get pats on the back, but i disagree with you that discussing and talking about poverty issues takes enough time at a point where it's not worth it for a busy person, pretty sure even someone that works nearly all day has enough time to read a book, watch a documentary or just read more about the subject on the weekends if that's the case.

My overall feel about those subjects is that debating them is so pointless ,i think that's why everytime there's an election they always hand pick those subjects to be debated cause it's not something where you can be called out for, racism is bad, obviously, there's no sane person out there argueing that racism has any contribution to society, so if all of us are on agreement that racism is bad, what is being debated ? why does it still exist ? people are assholes, they're assholes to their children, to their parents, to the waiter, everyone is a victim of assholes, so you see where i'm coming from ?
42 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / Your mom's house
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/7/14
Personally I don't care what color a person is..but it's become common for people to form racial stereotypes..and some I due find funny..but people are just people you know.
22872 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M / Corner of Moon &...
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/7/14
Booooo Racism
416 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / In You're Closet
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/7/14
Racism is terrible but so is using the word because it's judgmental.
77 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Inside your hole.
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/7/14

outerheaven139 wrote:
What i meant is that you're waisting energy on a pointless subject rather than actual important ones, i never said people that are over-sensitive just worry about minor stuff and nothing else.

You don't have to know the person or be friends with that person to know the actual intent behind their statements, you just need to have a bit of common sense and hold your urges to be a white knight for attention.

I agree with you that focusing on "easy" issues like feminism/racism/homophia takes less time, and you can look like you know what you're talking about with a lot less information, you just need to pick a side and get pats on the back, but i disagree with you that discussing and talking about poverty issues takes enough time at a point where it's not worth it for a busy person, pretty sure even someone that works nearly all day has enough time to read a book, watch a documentary or just read more about the subject on the weekends if that's the case.

My overall feel about those subjects is that debating them is so pointless ,i think that's why everytime there's an election they always hand pick those subjects to be debated cause it's not something where you can be called out for, racism is bad, obviously, there's no sane person out there argueing that racism has any contribution to society, so if all of us are on agreement that racism is bad, what is being debated ? why does it still exist ? people are assholes, they're assholes to their children, to their parents, to the waiter, everyone is a victim of assholes, so you see where i'm coming from ?


I must have read that wrong then, sorry!

That's what I was talking about, people tend to give a crap more about things that would effect them more or they think is stupid. Some people just understand either, like certain political parties and some higher class people when it comes to the poor; even thinking their poor because of laziness.

That's what I kinda was saying but sometimes, depending on some people's history,l they get snappy and emotional, I do agree with you though.

That's for any issue, not just poverty and sometimes topics blurt out of people randomly. I meant on doing something besides talking, talking is easy for some people, but I meant on actively doing something; some people probably have done something but in this day and age we either throw money at the problem or expect someone else, especially politicians, so we can live guilt free and do other things. It basically seen as being lazy, wish that change though but people want something back for their good work.

I do see where you're coming from but it's not why there's racism, but what is considered racist. When people usually talk about it on the web, it's about how one is considered racist or what action/speech are racist. People, especially fans, will defend their favorite when they said some stupid shit, even some people defend Sterling and say he's not a racist because he was just saying to his mistress that she shouldn't bring her friends to the games, but he badly worded it; there are other evidence of him being a racist or at least a douche.
8428 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/7/14


Can i just say you're my favorite person to hold a discussion with ? the coloring makes it so easy
And yeah, i 100% agree with you that people will just pretend they're worried about something to ease their conscience
I think it comes full circle to what we were talking about to begin with, people like to nitpick on silly stuff like those racist justin bieber videos that have been coming out lately
Also, the Donald Sterling case is a perfect example, all he said is that he didn't want her to be seen with black dudes in public, he even said she can fuck them, i do agree with you that he is a complete douchebag, but he's an old fuck in his 80's that can't even remember what he ate for breakfast, should it surprise anyone that he's a cunt ?
77 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Inside your hole.
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/7/14

outerheaven139 wrote:



Can i just say you're my favorite person to hold a discussion with ? the coloring makes it so easy
And yeah, i 100% agree with you that people will just pretend they're worried about something to ease their conscience
I think it comes full circle to what we were talking about to begin with, people like to nitpick on silly stuff like those racist justin bieber videos that have been coming out lately
Also, the Donald Sterling case is a perfect example, all he said is that he didn't want her to be seen with black dudes in public, he even said she can fuck them, i do agree with you that he is a complete douchebag, but he's an old fuck in his 80's that can't even remember what he ate for breakfast, should it surprise anyone that he's a cunt ?



Didn't he do a racist tweet like 5 years ago, I mean that's something stupid to over react at if it happened that long ago and some people already knew, plus he's got a black bodyguard and a Spanish girlfriend, he's just a douche not a racist douche. It seems the videoes ar just topping on the scandal cake.



With Sterling, he had a mistress so it wouldn't be that surprising but lol man.
8428 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/7/14

EPwatcher wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:



Can i just say you're my favorite person to hold a discussion with ? the coloring makes it so easy
And yeah, i 100% agree with you that people will just pretend they're worried about something to ease their conscience
I think it comes full circle to what we were talking about to begin with, people like to nitpick on silly stuff like those racist justin bieber videos that have been coming out lately
Also, the Donald Sterling case is a perfect example, all he said is that he didn't want her to be seen with black dudes in public, he even said she can fuck them, i do agree with you that he is a complete douchebag, but he's an old fuck in his 80's that can't even remember what he ate for breakfast, should it surprise anyone that he's a cunt ?



Didn't he do a racist tweet like 5 years ago, I mean that's something stupid to over react at if it happened that long ago and some people already knew, plus he's got a black bodyguard and a Spanish girlfriend, he's just a douche not a racist douche. It seems the videoes ar just topping on the scandal cake.



With Sterling, he had a mistress so it wouldn't be that surprising but lol man.



Hahahaha, that cake they went right for the pussy, and yeah the Sterling case, i think it was just the NBA trying to make an example out of him, but i can't help but think that girl he was banging kind of a cunt, i think he gave her a bentley and a penthouse, and the bitch still sould him out.
77 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Inside your hole.
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/7/14

outerheaven139 wrote:


EPwatcher wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:



Can i just say you're my favorite person to hold a discussion with ? the coloring makes it so easy
And yeah, i 100% agree with you that people will just pretend they're worried about something to ease their conscience
I think it comes full circle to what we were talking about to begin with, people like to nitpick on silly stuff like those racist justin bieber videos that have been coming out lately
Also, the Donald Sterling case is a perfect example, all he said is that he didn't want her to be seen with black dudes in public, he even said she can fuck them, i do agree with you that he is a complete douchebag, but he's an old fuck in his 80's that can't even remember what he ate for breakfast, should it surprise anyone that he's a cunt ?



Didn't he do a racist tweet like 5 years ago, I mean that's something stupid to over react at if it happened that long ago and some people already knew, plus he's got a black bodyguard and a Spanish girlfriend, he's just a douche not a racist douche. It seems the videoes ar just topping on the scandal cake.



With Sterling, he had a mistress so it wouldn't be that surprising but lol man.



Hahahaha, that cake they went right for the pussy, and yeah the Sterling case, i think it was just the NBA trying to make an example out of him, but i can't help but think that girl he was banging kind of a cunt, i think he gave her a bentley and a penthouse, and the bitch still sould him out.


This is what happens when you have a young, hot woman as your lover and you're like 80 years old, prepare for some betrayal. This is an advice for all pimps out there, it's cold, hard world.
8428 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/7/14

EPwatcher wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:


EPwatcher wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:



Can i just say you're my favorite person to hold a discussion with ? the coloring makes it so easy
And yeah, i 100% agree with you that people will just pretend they're worried about something to ease their conscience
I think it comes full circle to what we were talking about to begin with, people like to nitpick on silly stuff like those racist justin bieber videos that have been coming out lately
Also, the Donald Sterling case is a perfect example, all he said is that he didn't want her to be seen with black dudes in public, he even said she can fuck them, i do agree with you that he is a complete douchebag, but he's an old fuck in his 80's that can't even remember what he ate for breakfast, should it surprise anyone that he's a cunt ?



Didn't he do a racist tweet like 5 years ago, I mean that's something stupid to over react at if it happened that long ago and some people already knew, plus he's got a black bodyguard and a Spanish girlfriend, he's just a douche not a racist douche. It seems the videoes ar just topping on the scandal cake.



With Sterling, he had a mistress so it wouldn't be that surprising but lol man.



Hahahaha, that cake they went right for the pussy, and yeah the Sterling case, i think it was just the NBA trying to make an example out of him, but i can't help but think that girl he was banging kind of a cunt, i think he gave her a bentley and a penthouse, and the bitch still sould him out.


This is what happens when you have a young, hot woman as your lover and you're like 80 years old, prepare for some betrayal. This is an advice for all pimps out there, it's cold, hard world.


Not enough money in the world that'll turn that dude into something attractive, and yeah, i'm sure lots of Pimps come to crunchyroll
18145 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14

outerheaven139 wrote:

In my opinion the problem with racism is that people nowadays are so over sensitive that we put key words on a pedestal instead of looking at the intent of the person, i call my gay friend faggot all the time, because he knows i say it just playing around, you turn some words into a weapon by being super sensitive about it, if we just move on to more important issues like poverty/starvation/shootings people might realize that there's more important shit to worry about.
Don't you know Ms. Morello from everybody hates Chris? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EditOpzCTp8
18229 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
34 / M / Miami
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14
Anyone experience yellow on yellow hate?

Asians that are born in America make fun of Asian FOBs.
8428 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:

In my opinion the problem with racism is that people nowadays are so over sensitive that we put key words on a pedestal instead of looking at the intent of the person, i call my gay friend faggot all the time, because he knows i say it just playing around, you turn some words into a weapon by being super sensitive about it, if we just move on to more important issues like poverty/starvation/shootings people might realize that there's more important shit to worry about.
Don't you know Ms. Morello from everybody hates Chris? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EditOpzCTp8



I do......
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.