First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last

What Are Your Thoughts on Racism?

21530 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / F / Houston
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14
Why are people making multi-colored posts?
18145 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14

outerheaven139 wrote:

I do......
What you are asking people to do in Chris's position is to tolerate nice racists. Unintentional racism is still racism.
8428 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:

I do......
What you are asking people to do in Chris's position is to tolerate nice racists. Unintentional racism is still racism.


I'm not saying that all, i said that people should look at the intent behind the words, not the word itself, she's the perfect example, she doesn't say the N word but she's always being condescending towards him, if anything you're agreeing with me by showing her.
8428 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14

Kunami_Mata wrote:

Why are people making multi-colored posts?


They're so fun to read, why not ?
20201 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14
meh its simple human ignorance. People are scared of others who are different, its just a fact of life lol. If someone wants to wallow in the ignorance, let them. I'm not racist, nor do i support it. But it will never go away
18145 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14

outerheaven139 wrote:

I'm not saying that all, i said that people should look at the intent behind the words, not the word itself, she's the perfect example, she doesn't say the N word but she's always being condescending towards him, if anything you're agreeing with me by showing her.
But she doesn't intend to be condescending.
8428 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:

I'm not saying that all, i said that people should look at the intent behind the words, not the word itself, she's the perfect example, she doesn't say the N word but she's always being condescending towards him, if anything you're agreeing with me by showing her.
But she doesn't intend to be condescending.


We're talking about a fictional character that is meant to be an over exaggeration, for the purpose of comedy, no grown up that has a degree in education is so clueless at that point, not to mention the show is in the 80's right ? we're in 2014.
18145 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14

outerheaven139 wrote:

We're talking about a fictional character that is meant to be an over exaggeration, for the purpose of comedy, no grown up that has a degree in education is so clueless at that point, not to mention the show is in the 80's right ? we're in 2014.
Okay, I was wrong for making that comparison, I should have referenced something more reliable. You are right about that, most people in America are not racists and do not see color. The only difference between regular people and racists is that they don't see people as a skin color. They look at them as individuals.
8428 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:

We're talking about a fictional character that is meant to be an over exaggeration, for the purpose of comedy, no grown up that has a degree in education is so clueless at that point, not to mention the show is in the 80's right ? we're in 2014.
Okay, I was wrong for making that comparison, I should have referenced something more reliable. You are right about that, most people in America are not racists and do not see color. The only difference between regular people and racists is that they don't see people as a skin color. They look at them as individuals.


I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but it seems like you're running around in circles that are completly unrelated to my point about intent behind words rather than the words itself.
18145 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14

outerheaven139 wrote:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but it seems like you're running around in circles that are completly unrelated to my point about intent behind words rather than the words itself.
I'm not being sarcastic. I am not racist, I do not see skin color. Just the other day I held a door for a black person.
8428 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but it seems like you're running around in circles that are completly unrelated to my point about intent behind words rather than the words itself.
I'm not being sarcastic. I am not racist, I do not see skin color. Just the other day I held a door for a black person.


Me neither, the other day i let my slave have a lunch break.
18145 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14

outerheaven139 wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:

I'm not being sarcastic. I am not racist, I do not see skin color. Just the other day I held a door for a black person.


Me neither, the other day i let my slave have a lunch break.
I'm assuming you got my point, there are many people in America who are naively racist
8428 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:

I'm not being sarcastic. I am not racist, I do not see skin color. Just the other day I held a door for a black person.


Me neither, the other day i let my slave have a lunch break.
I'm assuming you got my point, there are many people in America who are naively racist


You have no point, i was just dumbing down to your level of discussion because it sounds fun.
18145 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14

outerheaven139 wrote:

You have no point, i was just dumbing down to your level of discussion because it sounds fun.
I was showing how unintended racism is still racism.
8428 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:

You have no point, i was just dumbing down to your level of discussion because it sounds fun.
I was showing how unintended racism is still racism.



What's your definition of unintended racism ? give me a realistic example besides your sarcastic door statement and a fictional TV show character, also, the world doesn't revolve around america
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.