First  Prev  135  136  137  138  139  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  Next  Last

No Game No Life Discussions

98420 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 7/15/14 , edited 7/16/14

remassie wrote:




I wonder what this pic is from

I don't see it in any of the Novel illustrations but it clearly is meant to look like one

all it says is "The game begins"


Its in Vol 1 o.o....


bobland wrote:


remassie wrote:

This picture is the very bane of my existence, I must know what leads to this scene, but it is in Vol. 6...

why isn't my Japanese better...



I ran a google translate on Izuna's speech text.....


and?
20555 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/15/14 , edited 7/16/14
It makes nearly no sense

98420 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 7/15/14 , edited 7/16/14
lol
42834 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / F / Rulid Village
Offline
Posted 7/15/14 , edited 7/16/14
From my meager knowledge

the bubble on the left says

The One True God has fallen

and the speech bubble on the right "hey are you dead, yet?"
98420 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 7/15/14 , edited 7/16/14

remassie wrote:

From my meager knowledge

the bubble on the left says

The One True God has fallen

and the speech bubble on the right "hey are you dead, yet?"


*blinks* thats not good.

God Tet is like the end boss.

Its too soon!
42834 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / F / Rulid Village
Offline
Posted 7/15/14 , edited 7/16/14
な、なあなあ、死でやがるのか、です?
なあ - and interjection equivalent to "hey!"
死で - is death
やがる - is a verb suffix indicating hatred and contempt, or disdain for another's action
のか - questioning the preceding statement
です - is just Izuna flair

put it all together and you got

"Hey, hey! You dead yet?"
20555 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/15/14 , edited 7/16/14

remassie wrote:

な、なあなあ、死でやがるのか、です?
なあ - and interjection equivalent to "hey!"
死で - is death
やがる - is a verb suffix indicating hatred and contempt, or disdain for another's action
のか - questioning the preceding statement
です - is just Izuna flair

put it all together and you got

"Hey, hey! You dead yet?"


I think I got three parts out of five there right.....
Which is nowhere near good enough lol
98420 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 7/15/14 , edited 7/16/14
Guys reading a LN is slightly weird. Its hard to tell who is talking sometimes.
20555 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/15/14 , edited 7/16/14

Sacae89 wrote:

Guys reading a LN is slightly weird. Its hard to tell who is talking sometimes.


LNs tend to not mark who is speaking.

I didn't have that big of a problem reading SAO, but I have a bit of a problem with NGNL.
98420 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 7/15/14 , edited 7/16/14

bobland wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:

Guys reading a LN is slightly weird. Its hard to tell who is talking sometimes.


LNs tend to not mark who is speaking.

I didn't have that big of a problem reading SAO, but I have a bit of a problem with NGNL.


Yea Im having a slight problem now
42834 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / F / Rulid Village
Offline
Posted 7/15/14 , edited 7/16/14
And clarification for the first bubble that I said "The One True God has fallen"

fallen in this case means fallen on bad times, or fell into trouble
98420 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 7/15/14 , edited 7/16/14

remassie wrote:

And clarification for the first bubble that I said "The One True God has fallen"

fallen in this case means fallen on bad times, or fell into trouble


Oh thats less bad
42834 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / F / Rulid Village
Offline
Posted 7/15/14 , edited 7/16/14

Sacae89 wrote:

Oh thats less bad


yeah Japanese is just chalk-full of nuance and shit

I always laugh to myself when subs have to fill in a bunch of stuff that was just implied from a one or two word phrase from a character

17686 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 7/16/14 , edited 7/17/14
Shiro is in danger of losing to Akari in the Best Girl competition...



Save your queen, Imanity!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-853447/2014-midyear-best-girl-contest
20555 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/14 , edited 7/17/14
If ya NGNL crew vote Tina to avenge Shiro next battle, that'll make me happy.
First  Prev  135  136  137  138  139  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.