First  Prev  280  281  282  283  284  285  286  287  288  289  290  291  292  Next  Last

2013 ★ BATTLE

23157 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 5/17/14 , edited 5/18/14

chrome_mist wrote:


windsagio wrote:

We need to spread the word harder!


Here's hoping it destroys Nagi no Asukara and get that semi-final spot and exposure it deserves.

Can't believe I'm saying this 'cause I was originally rooting for NagiAsu and AoT.


There's no need for it to destroy Nagi-Asu. A victory is a victory. Personally, I'll be happy no matter which one wins, but I'd hate to see either one get blown out.
67069 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
31 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 5/17/14 , edited 5/18/14
Not a Vote

Koda89 wrote:
*throws arms into air*

God damn it, it keeps happening! The show I vote for loses in the last damn hour.


Haha, I feel you here. I can't even remember the last battle the show I voted for won, lol. These last minute votes are always the worst becuase you think your show is safe and then, BAM, nope, swarms of last minute votes take it out like an assassin. If I was a batter in baseball I'd be sent packing due to a high strike out rate.
41968 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 5/17/14 , edited 5/18/14
NOT A VOTE

DarthLuna wrote:
I think Nagi was better, but Kyousougiga was more satisfying to me.

I'm sure you don't need my assurance, but I think this is such a legitimate stance to take.

I have Madoka rated as an 8/10 because I can recognize the technical excellence, but there are a TON of show that I recognize as "less-good," but that I love more.

It's why I think, when I finally make my first "top anime list," I'm not going to bother trying to do the "best" anime I've ever seen, just my favorites. So Nyarko-san will make that list and Madoka will not.
55013 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
44 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 5/17/14 , edited 5/18/14

Harpuia23 wrote:

Not A Vote

Alright so Nagi No Asukara fans. We just need to get more than 28 votes to beat Kyou. Since, it had the same # of votes on the Monogatari match. Therefore, better find people to shoot for the 30


Can the 5-dimensional family beat the love tessaract? Only time will tell!
Posted 5/17/14 , edited 5/18/14
not a vote

iblessall wrote:

NOT A VOTE

DarthLuna wrote:
I think Nagi was better, but Kyousougiga was more satisfying to me.

I'm sure you don't need my assurance, but I think this is such a legitimate stance to take.

I have Madoka rated as an 8/10 because I can recognize the technical excellence, but there are a TON of show that I recognize as "less-good," but that I love more.

It's why I think, when I finally make my first "top anime list," I'm not going to bother trying to do the "best" anime I've ever seen, just my favorites. So Nyarko-san will make that list and Madoka will not.


I've tried not to make that distinction too often for myself, I have a top anime list(I don't restrict it to ten) and try not to over think whether they're the "best" I've seen or just the ones I enjoyed most. Well, probably the latter, I tend not to approach things with a critics eye much, since I know once I do that, anime will lose some of it's fun for me, since I'll be looking to break it down and try to come up with points for and against it. I usually just go with "feelings." That's as technical as my critiques go.
54331 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 5/17/14 , edited 5/18/14
UPDATES:


Grand Battle #4 is now over. 52 votes counted.
Kyousougiga w/ 28 votes advances to the next round.
Silver Spoon w/ 24 votes gets axed.
◘ Table and Results updated.
Grand Battle #5 is now open!

Grand Battle #5





107793 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/17/14 , edited 5/18/14

windsagio wrote:
Well seeing your point here, I think you're flipping the cause and effect. There's more votes and more dicking around because it involves a show that more people are interested in.


That will be some experiment to test.
Posted 5/17/14 , edited 5/18/14
Hmm, I enjoyed both shows for what they offered, but I like Log Horizon more, thus I vote for it.. I just love Shiroe's machinations. I do so enjoy characters with scheming personalities.

Also:
:3
14760 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / F / US of A
Offline
Posted 5/17/14 , edited 5/18/14
not a vote

Yay for Kyousougiga!

I will miss you dearly Silver Spoon
23157 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 5/17/14 , edited 5/18/14

windsagio wrote:


Harpuia23 wrote:

Not A Vote

Alright so Nagi No Asukara fans. We just need to get more than 28 votes to beat Kyou. Since, it had the same # of votes on the Monogatari match. Therefore, better find people to shoot for the 30


Can the 5-dimensional family beat the love tessaract? Only time will tell!

Even though I'll be voting for Nagi no Asukara, I know it has no chance. But I'm okay with that; KSGG is just one step below Nagi in my personal rankings.

Also, I just Google'd tessaract; the love polygon is complicated, but not that complicated.
Koda89 
35963 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 5/17/14 , edited 5/18/14
Even though I think SNAFU will win this, I'm still voting for Log Horizon because I enjoyed what I saw and because I haven't seen SNAFU yet AND because I want as many shows I've seen to last as long as they can.
41968 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 5/17/14 , edited 5/18/14
NOT A VOTE

But I WILL be voting for SNAFU, and I'm going to find something worthwhile to say about it when I do.
107793 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/17/14 , edited 5/18/14


The life of the party has to come from somewhere. Massively posting gifs does not achieve such a feat.

If Crunchyroll anime has taught anyone anything is that, "keikaku doori" is the first and foremost in any post.
4163 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/17/14 , edited 5/18/14

windsagio wrote:


idowdow wrote:

NOT A VOTE.

The votes are quite even this round. 1 vote difference for now.

The support for Kyousougiga is surprisingly underwhelming considering the high praise it'd been receiving.


Seems that people Either love KSGG or just don't get it (I don't mean don't get it in a perjorative sense, but kind of to reflect that annoyed "What?" response that people seem to have).

Silver Spoon on the other hand is a really well written slice-of-life.


If there's been a theme of this contest at all it's that the experimental and ambitious shows lose out to the conservative ones. It doesn't even matter the genre.

Still this one is neck-and-neck, so I have hope to buck the trend ><

One thing I'm observing from the KSGG reviews is that if you get over the barrier of entry you're totally in love with the show to near-obsession.

~~~

In a way it's not surprising though, you're conservative with a show because it's something you KNOW people will like, and cliches are cliches because they're resonant.

Edit: And that's what's kind of sad to me. The most popular shows this year are good certainly, but are also infinitely forgettable. Silver Spoon will be very few people's favorite show in 4 years, because so many very similar shows will have passed by and blurred it.


Yeah I completely agree with your point of view on the "barrier of entry". To be honest I only managed to "get" Kyousougiga in my second attempt. I literally fell asleep during my first watch because I was so lost after being swept away by the confusing story and all the craziness that are beyond imagination.

Phew, I'm really glad that I gave it a second try.

On the other hand, Silver Spoon did brought something new onto the table. It is a rare slice-of-life anime that tells about agriculture and farming.
107793 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/17/14 , edited 5/18/14
My vote goes to: My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU/Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru


Raison d'etre: 8man is the GAREST of them all.

First  Prev  280  281  282  283  284  285  286  287  288  289  290  291  292  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.