Post Reply Will crunchyroll work overseas?
4003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/28/14 , edited 4/28/14
I am heading on a trip to France/Europe and wanted to know if I can still stream crunchyroll over my phone via wifi. Are there any region restrictions placed on networks?

Thanks in advance.
59925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Dallas, TX
Offline
Posted 4/28/14 , edited 4/28/14

drrice wrote:

I am heading on a trip to France/Europe and wanted to know if I can still stream crunchyroll over my phone via wifi. Are there any region restrictions placed on networks?


CR should work in much of Europe, but what will be available can depend on current country and default video language. If you are curious if a specific show will be available in the countries you plan to visit, you should check past announcements in the /forumcategory-1/site-news sub-forum to see if it will be visible abroad.
38502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Usually right und...
Online
Posted 4/28/14 , edited 4/28/14
This largely depends on what country CR detects you in based on the ip of the wifi connection you use to access the site.
In all likelihood you will be able to watch anything that's available in France but will lose access to shows available where you live but not licensed for France until you're back home.

To illustrate my point:
I'm living in Germany thus only having access to shows available in Germany. Now if I stop by my local Starbucks and use their wifi to access the site it seems to detect the ip as in the UK giving me access to shows licensed for the UK. If I visit friends in the Netherlands and use their connection I can watch shows licensed for the Netherlands.

If there's any shows in particular you're concerned about I'm sure someone can chime in and tell you if they're available in France.
95 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M
Offline
Posted 5/1/14 , edited 5/2/14

mfritsch wrote:

This largely depends on what country CR detects you in based on the ip of the wifi connection you use to access the site.
In all likelihood you will be able to watch anything that's available in France but will lose access to shows available where you live but not licensed for France until you're back home.

To illustrate my point:
I'm living in Germany thus only having access to shows available in Germany. Now if I stop by my local Starbucks and use their wifi to access the site it seems to detect the ip as in the UK giving me access to shows licensed for the UK. If I visit friends in the Netherlands and use their connection I can watch shows licensed for the Netherlands.

If there's any shows in particular you're concerned about I'm sure someone can chime in and tell you if they're available in France.




just wanted to say I have a friend living in FRANCE. I told her about CR and she tried to check it out but all she was able to pull up was the manga section. does CR have an French site too or just this one?

59925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Dallas, TX
Offline
Posted 5/1/14 , edited 5/2/14

gss2000 wrote:

just wanted to say I have a friend living in FRANCE. I told her about CR and she tried to check it out but all she was able to pull up was the manga section. does CR have an French site too or just this one?


http://www.crunchyroll.fr/

Whether or not you visit .com or one of the country sites, it should detect where you are and show you what's available in your region.

I didn't look for the list of shows available in France, but there should be at least a couple.
31 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/13/18 , edited 1/14/18
o am having this issue in japan right now . no access to anything though i made my account in Australia and there was lots to watch there .

using a chrome proxy extenstion hasnt solved. ...
Der Zoodirektor
27135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 1/13/18 , edited 1/14/18

Elvishstrike wrote:

o am having this issue in japan right now . no access to anything though i made my account in Australia and there was lots to watch there .

using a chrome proxy extenstion hasnt solved. ...


It does not matter where your account was made. They are all the same. Only the geolocation of your IP matters. As we hardly have any licenses in Japan, you will have a very limited selection as long as you access from a Japanese internet connection.
31 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/14/18 , edited 1/14/18
ok understood . Q_Q no anime then atleat i got ffxIV while on sale
:D ty for the info
You must be logged in to post.