First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last

Crunchyroll is Now on Chromecast!

Post Reply
16132 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / ♛In my Kawaiii Wo...
Offline
Posted 6/5/14 , edited 6/5/14
I'm actually excited to try can't wait to watch it on the big screen thanks CrunchyRoll
31839 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/5/14 , edited 6/5/14
requesting amazon fire tv app please!
47022 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
40 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/5/14 , edited 6/5/14
THANK YOU! SO AWESOME!

My old XBox takes so long to boot that I have been recently streaming Crunchyroll from my small screen laptop to my big tv over Chromecast. Now I can just stream from my phone like I do with Netflix!

You guys are so awesome!
30015 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 6/5/14 , edited 6/5/14
good bye social life!
16194 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/5/14 , edited 6/5/14
Looks like I'll be waiting even longer for Crunchyroll to be added to the Wii U. I know it isn't selling much right now but I still own a Wii U and it would be amazing if you guys would eventually add a Crunchyroll app.
16194 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/5/14 , edited 6/5/14
Honestly, when it comes to anime, there isn't a huge difference between 720p and 1080p.
71158 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
34 / M / Albany, Ny
Offline
Posted 6/5/14 , edited 6/5/14
OMG I love the chromecast function! SO gooooood!
116055 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
61 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 6/5/14 , edited 6/5/14

anjiera wrote:

THANK YOU! SO AWESOME!

My old XBox takes so long to boot that I have been recently streaming Crunchyroll from my small screen laptop to my big tv over Chromecast.

A nice bonus is that the Chromecast uses a lot less power and is totally silent.




SSJCalum wrote:

Looks like I'll be waiting even longer for Crunchyroll to be added to the Wii U. I know it isn't selling much right now but I still own a Wii U and it would be amazing if you guys would eventually add a Crunchyroll app.

I get the impression Nintendo itself is the biggest obstacle to more video apps getting on the Wii U. There are platforms that have fewer units deployed that have more than the "big 3" video services that are on the Wii U, so it isn't only a matter of units sold.


SSJCalum wrote:

Honestly, when it comes to anime, there isn't a huge difference between 720p and 1080p.

I suspect for some people, it is down to the quality of the scaling on their viewing device of choice, assuming they have a 1080p display. Since anime isn't as detailed as live action, there would also be some benefit to the higher bitrate.

In a perfect world, there would also be a choice of "super 720p" that use the same bitrate as the current 1080p streams. That would require yet another stream for CR to encode, however, and most people would still chose 1080p, simply because the number is bigger.

Dtox 
8828 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
31 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/5/14 , edited 6/6/14
yayayay! Best thing ever!!
51072 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / California
Offline
Posted 6/5/14 , edited 6/6/14
Finally! Many thanks!
1386 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M / Venezuela
Offline
Posted 6/5/14 , edited 6/6/14


I never said the PS4 is selling worse than the Wii U, only the Vita is. By saying "the PS4 is at the start of its life cycle" I meant that it's getting the app before the Wii U, despite being released only a few months ago. If it's just the same app as the PS3 app as I suspected, then there's not really much to talk about here.
Also, the Vita was released a year before the Wii U and it has only sold 2 million more than it. I think we all know what's gonna happen there.

I don't see how the last point has much to do with anything. If an app such as Google Street U is available on the console, then why is a CR app, despite already having NF, Hulu and Amazon Instant Video available, such an impossibility on the Wii U? Granted, I don't know how the whole process works, but to me it seems like a lack of interest from the Crunchyroll team, not a problem with the console itself.
9000 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / Buttermilk
Offline
Posted 6/5/14 , edited 6/6/14

patricktiel wrote:

why chromecast i think there more windows 8 people that want a app zo we can watch on pc/tablet and TV


I was just thinking this too as I have a surface rt.
116055 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
61 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 6/5/14 , edited 6/6/14

Melkaticox wrote:

Also, the Vita was released a year before the Wii U and it has only sold 2 million more than it. I think we all know what's gonna happen there.

I don't see how the last point has much to do with anything. If an app such as Google Street U is available on the console, then why is a CR app, despite already having NF, Hulu and Amazon Instant Video available, such an impossibility on the Wii U? Granted, I don't know how the whole process works, but to me it seems like a lack of interest from the Crunchyroll team, not a problem with the console itself.

Aside from the total sales numbers, I also mentioned that it could very well be that CR had to agree to creating a Vita app as the condition of getting on the PS3. (Both were originally announced at the same time, after all. The Vita app was simply a long time in arriving).

You are correct about the pace of Wii U sales being brisker than the Vita (at least on a worldwide basis):
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/editorial/37210/comparing-wii-us-sales-to-gamecube-wii

There are two issues with your example of Wii Street U:

1. It isn't a video streaming app.

2. Google (which aside from being another titan-sized company, already has a relationship with Nintendo as they own YouTube).

People expect CR to get a app on the Wii U, but consistently fail to explain why other companies of less titanic proportions don't have one on the Wii U.


To be fair, I do need to correct one item: The Wii U has 4 video apps. I forgot about the Amazon Instant Video app (again, a company that dwarfs CR).

When you start seeing apps from other companies like Vudu or Crackle get an app on the Wii U, then there will be reason to hope that a CR app might appear there. (You might think Crackle unlikely since it is a Sony owned service, but Microsoft and Apple didn't have a problem with allowing it on their devices).

In the end, It all depends on whether Nintendo has recently corrected whatever issue(s) were causing these other companies to pass over the Wii U.

29139 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/5/14 , edited 6/6/14
Ordered one from Amazon right away. You guys are awesome!
3048 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/6/14
now we just need a nintendo version
First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.
Hime banner

Try The NEW CrunchyrollBeta

check it out