First  Prev  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  Next  Last

New Roku Update!

Post Reply
34076 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/23/14 , edited 8/9/15
New issue has popped up. Last night, we tried loading one of the shows in our queue and got a "Connection Error" message. We disconnected and reconnected the account and then did a search for the show and loaded the particular episode but got the same message. The show loaded just fine on a tablet and PC however.
53048 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
38 / M / WV
Offline
Posted 9/23/14 , edited 9/23/14

McCurrys wrote:

New issue has popped up. Last night, we tried loading one of the shows in our queue and got a "Connection Error" message. We disconnected and reconnected the account and then did a search for the show and loaded the particular episode but got the same message. The show loaded just fine on a tablet and PC however.


I still get this error sporadically. Things that have worked for me are watching another show, by the time I finish and come back to the original one I got an error with it will play.
59026 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
63 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 9/23/14 , edited 9/23/14
If those are newly released episodes, the encoding has not completed yet for the high resolution the Roku is now trying to play. It is just one new manifestation of the problem that used to occur when a show played without subtitles, or in a foreign language or at a low resolution. It is more jarring to see the error screen than it was to see an incomplete video play, and they should address it though. But just as in the past, give it a half-hour to an hour and usually it will have completed the encodes.

I do wish sometimes, that like Funimation, the episode would just not appear as "playable" until all the encodes are done though...

If they are older episodes having this issue, though, then this is a "new" bug they have to look into separately.
53048 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
38 / M / WV
Offline
Posted 9/23/14 , edited 9/23/14

asharka wrote:

If those are newly released episodes, the encoding has not completed yet for the high resolution the Roku is now trying to play. It is just one new manifestation of the problem that used to occur when a show played without subtitles, or in a foreign language or at a low resolution. It is more jarring to see the error screen than it was to see an incomplete video play, and they should address it though. But just as in the past, give it a half-hour to an hour and usually it will have completed the encodes.

I do wish sometimes, that like Funimation, the episode would just not appear as "playable" until all the encodes are done though...

If they are older episodes having this issue, though, then this is a "new" bug they have to look into separately.


My issues mentioned above apply to all video, not just new ones. It doesn't happen too often. Its just a pain when it does. And my method of watching something else solves the problem.
20007 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/24/14 , edited 9/27/14
Very much an improvement over the previous version, much appreciated.

I did notice a couple oddities that I suspect are bugs, however.

First, after watching to beginning of end credits, when I try to fast forward to the preview, FF starts from the beginning of the ep inside of current play location. I saw that at least twice on different shows.

Second, after getting to the end of an ep, when it's shows the count down screen to start the next ep, the title and details shown are for the ep I just finished, not the next one. I saw that at least 3-4 times.

Definitely an improvement, even so.
34076 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/24/14 , edited 9/24/14

asharka wrote:

If those are newly released episodes,


Nope. Episode 4 of 26.

12012 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
19
Offline
Posted 9/24/14 , edited 9/25/14
I'm sorry but I have given this new update all the time I can give. Whatever today's update supposedly fixed, it still is the same horrible mistake that was made on the last update. This is probably the worst user interface I have ever seen on the Roku or any other platform. I cannot continue to give money to a company that is this clueless. My 13 year old daughter is heartbroken over the fact that she will have to deal with a free account, but she will get over it. When you realize your mistakes I might come back.
34335 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
38 / M / MN
Offline
Posted 9/25/14 , edited 9/25/14
Thanks for making the interface usable. I still find the new menu a significant step down from the ease of use that the previous one had. Specific complaints are:

I don't want it to auto play the next episode after an episode finishes. I gather some people do. Please make that an option, not mandatory.
I also randomly get a connection error in trying to play an episode. I go to the main Roku menu and reload the CR app and it plays fine.

The menu is still very not user friendly. Pressing Play to go to a different submenu is Horribly non intuitive.
7035 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 9/25/14 , edited 9/25/14
HDCP "unauthorised". Content disabled.

That's what I'm getting on my screen. Hopefully this update is fixed real quick. Just paid you guys too.
59026 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
63 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 9/25/14 , edited 9/25/14

JulesRyann wrote:

HDCP "unauthorised". Content disabled.

That's what I'm getting on my screen. Hopefully this update is fixed real quick. Just paid you guys too.


That's a Roku box error that I even had with the old app. Unplugging it and then plugging it back in used to work for me to clear it.
33173 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
49 / M
Offline
Posted 9/25/14 , edited 9/25/14

JulesRyann wrote:

HDCP "unauthorised". Content disabled.

That's what I'm getting on my screen. Hopefully this update is fixed real quick. Just paid you guys too.


I've had this on my TV an it was not a CR issue. Try using a different HDMI cable and/or a different HDMI port. Your TV "thinks" you're trying to watch a pirated feed. (I don't know the technical details.)
7035 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 9/25/14 , edited 9/25/14
Thanks!
113553 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
59 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 9/25/14 , edited 9/26/14

JulesRyann wrote:

HDCP "unauthorised". Content disabled.

That's what I'm getting on my screen. Hopefully this update is fixed real quick. Just paid you guys too.

I had that pop up on my Roku recently, but the CR app wasn't the only one affected. I received the same message when I attempted to play something from Netflix. I'll wager you'll have the same result if you try another app that has protected content (Netflix, Hulu Plus, Crackle, etc.).

In my case, my Roku runs through a HDMI switch, and cycling it through the inputs resolved the problem. If yours goes directly into the TV try unplugging and replugging it, and/or power cycling the Roku.

jmshep 
59137 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
58 / M / Untied States
Offline
Posted 9/25/14 , edited 10/3/14
I'm getting random intermittent connection error messages during both playback and browsing, after which the app more often than not crashes out to the Roku home screen. It happens during fast forward in play mode, or when I select Info-> Episodes from the queue. Makes using this version unenjoyable and frustrating. It certainly doesn't help that the app is really slow to load/reload. The non-standard button implementation doesn't help either. I keep kitting the arrow buttons to fast forward, as is standard for the Roku, but then have to deal with the BS where it skips to the next episode instead. God, that is just stupidly annoying.

Maybe for an encore, the CR development will remap the keyboard inputs for forum comments.
32601 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/3/14 , edited 10/3/14
This is like trying to fix a leaking boat with duct tape! Lol
Those people at CR are so dense and in total denial mode. Their stubbornness knows no bound.
First  Prev  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.