First  Prev  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  Next  Last

Why do people hate on Sword Art Online?

Post Reply
8705 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 11/1/14 , edited 11/1/14
Only hipsters hate it >_>
Posted 11/1/14 , edited 11/1/14
I've never seen it. I was never interested in it. The reason I hate it is because there are people who like it who keep bugging me about watching it because of how great it is and just won't shut up about it.
46745 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M / Greed Island
Offline
Posted 11/1/14 , edited 11/1/14
I think many loved Sword Art Online (I mean the first episode of it was just awesome) but disliked the next two titles.
Posted 11/2/14 , edited 11/2/14

Em0SceneStabr wrote:

Only hipsters hate it >_>


This. I asked so many people why and they can't come up with a strong argument. "Because it sucks." -_-
4770 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / F / Washington DC
Online
Posted 11/2/14 , edited 11/2/14
I never watched SAO because it never crossed my mind to start even though it's popular. I can only imagine no one is going to like every anime/show out there.
4571 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 11/2/14 , edited 11/2/14

xDeadlyDollx wrote:

I've never seen it. I was never interested in it. The reason I hate it is because there are people who like it who keep bugging me about watching it because of how great it is and just won't shut up about it.


You have no right to hate something you haven't even seen
Posted 11/2/14 , edited 11/2/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:

You have no right to hate something you haven't even seen


Actually, I have the right to hate things that annoy me and Sword Art Online happens to be one of them. I gave adequate reason as to why I hate it. It's not like I said it sucks without having seen it.

You, on the other hand, have no right to tell me what I can and cannot hate.
249 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
18 / M / Perth city -Austr...
Offline
Posted 11/2/14 , edited 11/2/14
I didn't watch it until my best mate asked me everyday if I'd seen it, and to be honest I was more interested in the less popular ones like STB and brynhilder, even though they are cliche and I HATE cliches. but I enjoyed SAO 1 and would agree that it went downhill. But their isn't a lot to invest my time in and it does satisfy 22 minutes of my time.

BTW- I loved the honeymoon scene part waty through season 1, I personally thought it showed equality in the characters a little bit. But that's probobly just me.

Do not judge me this is simply my opinion
22872 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M / Corner of Moon &...
Offline
Posted 11/2/14 , edited 11/2/14
Like many, i loved the first 14 Episodes but then it became very boring. Was hoping SAO2 would deliver and it kept me interested the first few episodes in but it got dull real quick & I had to drop it.
3788 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / The Far Shore
Offline
Posted 11/2/14 , edited 11/2/14
for me personally i loved the concept and the art and everything for the first few episodes. it was thrilling. i enjoyed watching the action scenes and seeing kirito work to win.

but then the romance and overpowered unbeatable kirito came along. and they stopped showing a lot of kirito's progress and missions and the focus became entirely on asuna and kirito's relationship and of course they had to throw in just a little bit of ecchi and a bunch of girls drooling over kirito. it turned to garbage
4571 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 11/2/14 , edited 11/3/14

xDeadlyDollx wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:

You have no right to hate something you haven't even seen


Actually, I have the right to hate things that annoy me and Sword Art Online happens to be one of them. I gave adequate reason as to why I hate it. It's not like I said it sucks without having seen it.

You, on the other hand, have no right to tell me what I can and cannot hate.


You have no right to say you hate something you haven't even seen, but you can hate the hype it gets. There is a big difference.
6010 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
35 / Virginia
Offline
Posted 11/2/14 , edited 11/3/14
I hated on it hardcore for a second but this season is FAAAAAAABULOOOOUUUUUUUS
Posted 11/2/14 , edited 11/3/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:

You have no right to say you hate something you haven't even seen, but you can hate the hype it gets. There is a big difference.


I don't hate the hype. I hate the show for existing. How about that? Same reason I think Sailor Moon is the most annoying anime ever created. I have no interest in the show at all, but the fact that people keep annoying me with it (like you're doing, pretty much) is unbearable.

I have every right to say whatever I want and form the opinions I wish granted I don't try to shove them down everybody's throat. (You should really learn to practice that, you know.)

I simply answered the question of the OP. Now, you getting all high and mighty telling me what I can and cannot do over a show is enough proof as to why I hate it. So please, leave me be and go fanboy somewhere else. This is getting rather annoying.

Besides, I don't see why you're getting so butthurt over it. It's not like I'm talking shit or anything. I simply stated an opinion. You love it? Fine. That's great. I don't, and I would really appreciate no one else bringing it up in my presence. Thank you.
4571 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 11/2/14 , edited 11/3/14

xDeadlyDollx wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:

You have no right to say you hate something you haven't even seen, but you can hate the hype it gets. There is a big difference.


I don't hate the hype. I hate the show for existing. How about that? Same reason I think Sailor Moon is the most annoying anime ever created. I have no interest in the show at all, but the fact that people keep annoying me with it (like you're doing, pretty much) is unbearable.

I have every right to say whatever I want and form the opinions I wish granted I don't try to shove them down everybody's throat. (You should really learn to practice that, you know.)

I simply answered the question of the OP. Now, you getting all high and mighty telling me what I can and cannot do over a show is enough proof as to why I hate it. So please, leave me be and go fanboy somewhere else. This is getting rather annoying.

Besides, I don't see why you're getting so butthurt over it. It's not like I'm talking shit or anything. I simply stated an opinion. You love it? Fine. That's great. I don't, and I would really appreciate no one else bringing it up in my presence. Thank you.


I don't see how you're getting butthurt over my statement. You can't say definitely that you hate something that you don't even know fully about. If I'm going to say I hate something, I will know more about it so I can say why I hate it, not just completely ignore it. Ignorant hate is not true hate.
16754 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/2/14 , edited 11/3/14

killerpanda3 wrote:

The way I see it, majority of the people who dislike SAO can be divided into two catagories

The first would be those who simply aren't interested in what it has to offer as an anime

and the second would be those who really just hate because it's popular.

The first group I'm cool with, since everybody is entitled to their own opinion. The second group I'm not quite as cool with. I disagree with the idea that something is bad simply because it's, "mainstream"



What about the group that looks at it critically? That would be the group i fall under. Me and a few of my buddies enjoyed SAO at first but in the end it was littered with flaws that we couldn't ignore.
First  Prev  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.