First  Prev  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  Next  Last

Why do people hate on Sword Art Online?

Post Reply
4571 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 11/11/14 , edited 11/12/14

VelvetVelour wrote:

Not really a big fan so far, not really liking the art style, and the romance feels kind of cringe worthy. I mean, I like romance stories, but this one just feels.. off. I'll keep watching though and see if it gets better, but I don't have high hopes.


SAO is meant to be watched for the romance, sorry
5038 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/11/14 , edited 11/12/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:


Vanathor wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:
Log Horizon is not still a game. They are actually living physically in what is basically the game interface. They are not using any kind of VR technology, they were playing on basically normal PCs

Your argument is a silly one. "Because it was not using VR tech, they are not in the game, despite having access to all the game mechanics and everything else matching it.' I don't see how you came to the conclusion you did. VR tech does not the game make. Or there presence therein, either. Otherwise by that argument, none of the characters in the Tron movies were in their game.


Besides the fact that the first fucking episode says they're physically in the game world, I'm not sure how you missed that.


It never says that. If you want to make that claim I would like a direct citation where it says they are physically there. Make a screen shot, its right here on Crunchy Roll. Go on and prove it. If you can.

What that was referring to was the fact, they (or there mind's via an upload type deal) are inside the game's server. Not physically there. It's why everyone who was playing at the expansion's launch was apart of the individual servers they were apart of in game and the relevant starting cities. Hell, its in the freaking theme song, and repeated a bajillion times. 'Living in the database!' and all that.

Hell, its a plot point in the recent bits of the anime where the game is slowly becoming more realistic, with stuff such as item fluff starting to create tangible effects, and the scale of the world becoming full-scale from the Half-Scale they are operating under now. But that does not mean they were transported magically, physically there. Heck, its referenced to the fact that with every time they died, they were losing memories due to 100% data recovery being impossible.
4571 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 11/11/14 , edited 11/12/14

Vanathor wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:


Vanathor wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:
Log Horizon is not still a game. They are actually living physically in what is basically the game interface. They are not using any kind of VR technology, they were playing on basically normal PCs

Your argument is a silly one. "Because it was not using VR tech, they are not in the game, despite having access to all the game mechanics and everything else matching it.' I don't see how you came to the conclusion you did. VR tech does not the game make. Or there presence therein, either. Otherwise by that argument, none of the characters in the Tron movies were in their game.


Besides the fact that the first fucking episode says they're physically in the game world, I'm not sure how you missed that.


It never says that. If you want to make that claim I would like a direct citation where it says they are physically there. Make a screen shot, its right here on Crunchy Roll. Go on and prove it. If you can.

What that was referring to was the fact, they (or there mind's via an upload type deal) are inside the game's server. Not physically there. It's why everyone who was playing at the expansion's launch was apart of the individual servers they were apart of in game and the relevant starting cities. Hell, its in the freaking theme song, and repeated a bajillion times. 'Living in the database!' and all that.

Hell, its a plot point in the recent bits of the anime where the game is slowly becoming more realistic, with stuff such as item fluff starting to create tangible effects, and the scale of the world becoming full-scale from the Half-Scale they are operating under now. But that does not mean they were transported magically, physically there. Heck, its referenced to the fact that with every time they died, they were losing memories due to 100% data recovery being impossible.

This, along with the way he moves his hand right after that
5038 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/11/14 , edited 11/12/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:
This, along with the way he moves his hand right after that


Which in no way proves your point at all. That does not say he is physically present in the world of Log Horizon. Only the transition time was instantaneous at some point after the release of the expansion pack, and no Game Master showed up to explain why or how it happened. We don't know how or why they got there. That is a central thrust of the plot, as I elaborated upon earlier. But based on the evidence we have, their minds were somehow connected or uploaded to the game's server ("Living in the database!"). But that does not mean they don't have meat sacks earth side.
4571 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 11/11/14 , edited 11/12/14

Vanathor wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:
This, along with the way he moves his hand right after that


Which in no way proves your point at all. That does not say he is physically present in the world of Log Horizon. Only the transition time was instantaneous at some point after the release of the expansion pack, and no Game Master showed up to explain why or how it happened. We don't know how or why they got there. That is a central thrust of the plot, as I elaborated upon earlier. But based on the evidence we have, their minds were somehow connected or uploaded to the game's server ("Living in the database!"). But that does not mean they don't have meat sacks earth side.


I proved exactly what I said, he said "There I was." Being somewhere usually means physical. There's no point in arguing anymore as you have proven you'll deny proof
5038 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/11/14 , edited 11/12/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:


Vanathor wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:
This, along with the way he moves his hand right after that


Which in no way proves your point at all. That does not say he is physically present in the world of Log Horizon. Only the transition time was instantaneous at some point after the release of the expansion pack, and no Game Master showed up to explain why or how it happened. We don't know how or why they got there. That is a central thrust of the plot, as I elaborated upon earlier. But based on the evidence we have, their minds were somehow connected or uploaded to the game's server ("Living in the database!"). But that does not mean they don't have meat sacks earth side.


I proved exactly what I said, he said "There I was." Being somewhere usually means physical

Read some Ian Banks or Asimov dude(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_uploading_in_fiction). When you are fucking with upload-tech, what you perceive and can understand tell in a digital world does not make the real world stop existing or get rid of your meatspace self. What your senses are telling you and what is materially there are two different things. We have no evidence to suggest they are physically in the game. Only that as far as their minds can tell, they think they are. If Kayaba had not told the players in SAO that after they got sucked in, it would have been the exact same situation.
2440 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / F / Michigan
Offline
Posted 11/12/14 , edited 11/12/14

xyugioh5ds wrote:

1. Characters are disappointing, generic stereotypes. Asuna is a trainwreck of a character (went from being an introvert to an annoying ass stereotypical tsundere)
2. Story is inconsistent. (Time skips, plotholes)
3. Plot conviennce (Things just happen because it's convienient for the plot. Examples are Yui and when Kirito beat Sugou in ALO (fairy king))
4. Incest
5. Pointless fanservice
6. Edginess
7. Harem
8. Main character is SO OP

This pretty much sums it up for me exactly.
14432 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / Iceland
Offline
Posted 11/12/14 , edited 11/12/14
I liken those who love SAO as a man in his honeymoon phase with his wife. He is so infatuated with his new wife that he becomes blinded by his wife's flaws. Those who hate SAO are like the jilted ex lover of that wife and is forced to hear the man prattle on and on about how his wife is the best person in the world. The ex lover obviously gets annoyed by this and tries to convince the man of the wife's flaws but it falls mostly of deaf ears. I believe that if the man truly loves his wife he would eventually acknowledge and come to grips with her flaws.
19166 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/14/14 , edited 11/15/14
I enjoyed SOA at first. The reason I started hated it was cause of Asuna. She's an annoying character. That's not to say I would have a problem with a romance on the show as there was plenty of women who showed up in the earlier episodes that I really enjoyed and kept hoping Kirito would end up with.
2408 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
23 / M / Vancouver Canada
Offline
Posted 11/22/14 , edited 11/22/14

metalshiflet96 wrote:


Eucku wrote:


Rokenix wrote:

I notice that there is a lot of people that just don't like Sword Art Online and i don't exactly know why. I thought it might be the whole "it's to popular" but that's not really a good reason to hate any anime. Could someone tell me why there is so much hate towards S.A.O?


I LOVED SAO in season 1, season 2 was ok, and season 3 is just terrible. The story just isn't as intriguing as it was in season 1. There is nothing exciting now that we basically know the extent of the anime, the full-dive technology was super intriguing now it's boring and old.
The anime is being dragged on way too long, instead of being a short and sweet gem of the anime industry it's being dragged on as long as possible to get as much money out of it as possible. MapleStory (The popular korean uber grindy MMO.) did an event about a month ago that had season 1 SAO, and it was super fun.

This is just what I felt about it, I don't hate on anime for being super popular, if anything I love when they're super popular because there tends to be more people to chat about it with. So in my opinion the show is generally being hated on for the drop in story quality I guess. I personally stopped watching season 3 around episode 10 because I don't look forward to it every week. I look forward to anime weekly when I am super excited for the next chunk of plot, for example the latest Naruto ark is super intriguing and exciting, the same goes as well for One Piece.


There is a bit of a flaw in your statement. The anime isn't being dragged out any, it's following the light novels, which are award winning. Also, you don't help your statement with the part at the end.


You personally don't think that it's being dragged out. I do. Just a matter of opinion. The end of my statement is fine, I never said Naruto/OP isn't being dragged on, I just stated that I am very interested in the current plot chunk for both. So as you brought unto me I can bring unto you. Your statement is flawed as well.
13761 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M / Somewhere.... per...
Offline
Posted 11/22/14 , edited 11/22/14
I think most people don't actually hate SAO...
...Rather they hate the Fan-boys/girls...
89037 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / M / South Yorkshire,...
Offline
Posted 11/22/14 , edited 11/22/14
I don't hate SAO I merely dislike it enough to stop watching it. I did really like the first parts of series 1 and 2 but ended up disappointed with the second parts and ended up dropping them
22137 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 11/22/14 , edited 11/22/14
Because we were sold an 'real MMO' action adventure and instead we got a shonen/harem hybrid which executes those genres poorly.
Because they exit the game after 13 episodes for no real reason except the author apparently got bored. Whatever excuse he came up with was poorly explained.
Because of the sister being in the harem.
Because 'she's not actually his sister so it's okay' was pulled.
Because she's actually his cousin so it's not okay.
Because Kirito is Jesus. Fine, being good at the first game cos he was a beta tester is believable but the others? Bullshit.
Because Kirito is boring since he's Jesus.
Because Asuna went from competent to damsel in distress in the space of 1 episode.

Just a few. I don't hate it, I just think it wasted it's early promise and became boring and poorly written. It's also aimed at people about 8-10 years younger than me. Which is fine. It's just not for me.
2408 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
23 / M / Vancouver Canada
Offline
Posted 11/22/14 , edited 11/22/14

Vanathor wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:


Vanathor wrote:


metalshiflet96 wrote:
This, along with the way he moves his hand right after that


Which in no way proves your point at all. That does not say he is physically present in the world of Log Horizon. Only the transition time was instantaneous at some point after the release of the expansion pack, and no Game Master showed up to explain why or how it happened. We don't know how or why they got there. That is a central thrust of the plot, as I elaborated upon earlier. But based on the evidence we have, their minds were somehow connected or uploaded to the game's server ("Living in the database!"). But that does not mean they don't have meat sacks earth side.


I proved exactly what I said, he said "There I was." Being somewhere usually means physical

Read some Ian Banks or Asimov dude(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_uploading_in_fiction). When you are fucking with upload-tech, what you perceive and can understand tell in a digital world does not make the real world stop existing or get rid of your meatspace self. What your senses are telling you and what is materially there are two different things. We have no evidence to suggest they are physically in the game. Only that as far as their minds can tell, they think they are. If Kayaba had not told the players in SAO that after they got sucked in, it would have been the exact same situation.


They are in a different dimension I believe, because of the world fraction, Shiroe (The adventurers) could just be a fraction of Shiroe's conciousness on a different plane. Remember when the sage of the lake talks about all these different levels of magic and claims that they can effect (Affect? Still don't understand this word.) worlds in unimaginable ways. So Shiroe may still exist on earth, but Elder Tale may just be a parallel universe. This whole anime could be exactly like Lost. Oh god, if this anime is like Lost I will lose so much respect for the creators, lost was so good until I finished it, then I was entirely dissapointed. So I believe Shiroe is physically in Elder Tale.
12028 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 11/22/14 , edited 11/22/14

NeuroticNumber4 wrote:

Because we were sold an 'real MMO' action adventure and instead we got a shonen/harem hybrid which executes those genres poorly.
Because they exit the game after 13 episodes for no real reason except the author apparently got bored. Whatever excuse he came up with was poorly explained.
Because of the sister being in the harem.
Because 'she's not actually his sister so it's okay' was pulled.
Because she's actually his cousin so it's not okay.
Because Kirito is Jesus. Fine, being good at the first game cos he was a beta tester is believable but the others? Bullshit.
Because Kirito is boring since he's Jesus.
Because Asuna went from competent to damsel in distress in the space of 1 episode.

Just a few. I don't hate it, I just think it wasted it's early promise and became boring and poorly written. It's also aimed at people about 8-10 years younger than me. Which is fine. It's just not for me.


I totally agree with you. I wish they extended the story WHILE they were in SAO rather than exit the game halfway through. Yes though... I do hate that it's super uber popular but it's because it doesn't deserve to be. I wouldn't hate a series just for being popluar if it actually deserved it. It did so much wrong for me from characters to story. I like the idea but it so was poorly executed that it was hard to watch. Like what the hell? The GM just forgot why he did this to everyone and why he killed thousands of people???? Talk about some lazy writing...

Also this is just a personal opinion but I really disliked the art style... I really don't like moe and wished it was more styled like this:


First  Prev  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.