First  Prev  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  Next  Last

Why do people hate on Sword Art Online?

Post Reply
1500 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
21 / M / Warrensburg, Miss...
Offline
Posted 12/28/14 , edited 12/29/14
People got annoyed at how the anime focused on Asuna and Kirito more than the plot line of the video game.

I think that they're the best part. And that's the beauty of the show. That no matter how expansive and engaging the plot is, it's a love story at heart, which makes it all the more relatable, and there's a sense of humanity that casual viewers just don't understand. It's a shame, cause imo, this anime is easy to love.
3021 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
20 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 12/28/14 , edited 12/29/14
Because its really not a very good show.
4153 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/28/14 , edited 12/29/14
maybe because it sucks?

add: plot holes + incest + overpowered main character + harem + filler + worst season ever (ALO) + the whole concept of a real MMORPG destroyed in two episodes + main character gets OP by mobbing in the same place without a party + post season 1 we now look at a bunch of gamers playing + fanbase overhype SAO + forced character development + fan service, and I can go on....

39335 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / Okinawa, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/28/14 , edited 12/29/14
From what I hear; most people didn't like it after the SAO arc line. But I actually enjoyed ALO and GGO as well as the Excalibur and Mother Rosary mini arcs. I like how its a dynamic, progressing anime.
22119 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / F
Offline
Posted 12/28/14 , edited 12/29/14
I think the problem people have with SAO, as echoed here, that it focused too much on Kirito and not on the world as a whole. It doesn't follow its own rules that set up, and characters that are introduced are put to the side immediately, never to see screen time again.

There is also the fact that the storytelling is choppy in some areas and character development changes on a whim based on story, rather than a natural, fluid progression. Not to mention that girls in this series are always placed in "sexist" situations (I use that term loosely. As a girl, I feel those situations aren't impossible in real life and usually are treated the same in shoujo manga/anime.) and Kirito is the only one who can save them.

It's the harem series curse. But James Bond does the same thing and it's still awesome entertainment.
Posted 12/28/14 , edited 12/29/14
Wow so many replies

this is good for SAO

Hate it or Love it

it gets more popular

I'm with the love it, crowd
5038 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/28/14 , edited 12/29/14
11440 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/28/14 , edited 12/29/14
It was to inconsistent...
3021 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
20 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 12/28/14 , edited 12/29/14
Everything after episode 1 reeks of lonely teenage desperation. Pretty sure the author was a teenager when he wrote it or something.
7783 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / U.S.A California
Offline
Posted 12/28/14 , edited 12/29/14

Siawo wrote:

maybe because it sucks?

add: plot holes + incest + overpowered main character + harem + FILLER + worst season ever (ALO) + the whole concept of a real MMORPG destroyed in two episodes + main character gets OP by mobbing in the same place without a party + post season 1 we now look at a bunch of gamers playing + fanbase overhype SAO + forced character development + fan service, and I can go on....


Okay I am not going to argue with anything you said but I am going to point out that SAO has not had filler. The "Mothers Rosario" and "Excalibur" mini arcs were NOT Filler. Mothers Rosario got its own Light Novel though it is my least favorite of the light novels. The Excalibur arc is also not filler, although they did skip the part in ALO where Kirito and Leafa found out were Excalibur was (Unfortunatly I can not remember witch of the light novels they actually went on the quest to get it. But I am %100 certain they did go get it.). If you can point any other filler than be my guest.
4153 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/28/14 , edited 12/29/14

Lukewolf40 wrote:


Siawo wrote:

maybe because it sucks?

add: plot holes + incest + overpowered main character + harem + FILLER + worst season ever (ALO) + the whole concept of a real MMORPG destroyed in two episodes + main character gets OP by mobbing in the same place without a party + post season 1 we now look at a bunch of gamers playing + fanbase overhype SAO + forced character development + fan service, and I can go on....


Okay I am not going to argue with anything you said but I am going to point out that SAO has not had filler. The "Mothers Rosario" and "Excalibur" mini arcs were NOT Filler. Mothers Rosario got its own Light Novel though it is my least favorite of the light novels. The Excalibur arc is also not filler, although they did skip the part in ALO where Kirito and Leafa found out were Excalibur was (Unfortunatly I can not remember witch of the light novels they actually went on the quest to get it. But I am %100 certain they did go get it.). If you can point any other filler than be my guest.


I've read that SAO has been dragging the pacing by adding useless scenes that never happened just like One Piece does to slow the pacing just to have enough episodes to complete the cour, I also read that they added a filler episode in December and the episode in which they go to a dragon's nest never happened
7783 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / U.S.A California
Offline
Posted 12/29/14 , edited 12/29/14

Siawo wrote:


Lukewolf40 wrote:


Siawo wrote:

maybe because it sucks?

add: plot holes + incest + overpowered main character + harem + FILLER + worst season ever (ALO) + the whole concept of a real MMORPG destroyed in two episodes + main character gets OP by mobbing in the same place without a party + post season 1 we now look at a bunch of gamers playing + fanbase overhype SAO + forced character development + fan service, and I can go on....


Okay I am not going to argue with anything you said but I am going to point out that SAO has not had filler. The "Mothers Rosario" and "Excalibur" mini arcs were NOT Filler. Mothers Rosario got its own Light Novel though it is my least favorite of the light novels. The Excalibur arc is also not filler, although they did skip the part in ALO where Kirito and Leafa found out were Excalibur was (Unfortunatly I can not remember witch of the light novels they actually went on the quest to get it. But I am %100 certain they did go get it.). If you can point any other filler than be my guest.


I've read that SAO has been dragging the pacing by adding useless scenes that never happened just like One Piece does to slow the pacing just to have enough episodes to complete the cour, I also read that they added a filler episode in December and the episode in which they go to a dragon's nest never happened


Oh, your right. Sorry my bad about the dragon episode I totally forgot about that one, it is true that I do not remember that ever happening in the Light Novel. As for the filler in December I am not sure what you mean actually but its been a while since I watched the old episodes. And it is true that some pointless scenes are thrown in but its not that annoying (To me at least.) but your point stands my bad I thought we were talking full blown filler episodes like Naruto just not in full seasons just in small batches like a couple episodes here or there.

Conclusion you are right.
899 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M / Hawaii
Offline
Posted 12/29/14 , edited 12/29/14
It was overrated. Also was very bad after the first half(12 episodes). Also the way that the main characters fall in love and decide to start to settle down in a game that they are trapped in is ridiculous. Its like they were like "Well we cant get out so we will just stay here forever and move to a secluded house in the woods, then out of the blue they are like never mind we're actually going to try to get out of this game now." The whole show is a train wreck when it comes to character development and a consistent story.
3800 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
19 / F / イブキド
Offline
Posted 12/29/14 , edited 12/29/14
SAO was good for the first 14 or 15 episodes, then everything after that was garbage. Asuna became a damsel in distress and if a girl was introduced she was probably in love with Kirito, and if she wasn't, she was irrelevant.
23150 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/14 , edited 12/29/14

Siawo wrote:

maybe because it sucks?

add: plot holes + incest + overpowered main character + harem + filler + worst season ever (ALO) + the whole concept of a real MMORPG destroyed in two episodes + main character gets OP by mobbing in the same place without a party + post season 1 we now look at a bunch of gamers playing + fanbase overhype SAO + forced character development + fan service, and I can go on....




Hahahaha agree agree even though I don't hate SAO all that much. Tons of shows have this shit and don't get nearly the amount of hate.

My question to you is, what exactly do you mean by forced character development? Can you give me an example?
First  Prev  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.