First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last

Illegal to have sex if you have HIV AIDS MRSA etc

8211 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 5/6/08 , edited 5/7/08
Nope. If the other side (that doesnt have HIV.....) loves the other person and is willing to "give up" everything, I say let them have sex.
8211 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 5/6/08 , edited 5/7/08

shuyi000 wrote:

how i envy my parent era...
at that time there was no AIDS


Oh you are so wrong.
Posted 5/6/08 , edited 5/7/08

shuyi000 wrote:

how i envy my parent era...
at that time there was no AIDS


actually, calculating your age, and assuming your parents are between the ages of 35-55, it's fair to say that AIDS was just beginning to kill people at a quicker pace at that point in time. If you do your research, AIDS and HIV began to circulate (although unknown to many people, unresearched, and untreatable) around the 1950's, it caught like wildfire in the 70's and 80's. The treatments began also in the 70's and 80's but weren't nearly as functional as they are now. Most people who contracted AIDS were dead within 2 years of getting it in the early 80's.

Please do your research before making inaccurate comments on subjects you obviously know nothing about.

Posted 5/6/08 , edited 5/7/08

music190 wrote:

I've always thought this was a good idea.


and yet you don't post why. wtf?
Posted 5/6/08 , edited 5/7/08

music190 wrote:


echo_psyche wrote:


music190 wrote:

I've always thought this was a good idea.


and yet you don't post why. wtf?


Because i dident find the thread until now and i'm not a thread makeing type of person.


That doesn't make much sense. You basically said something and didn't take the time to explain why you thought it. I'll accept that maybe you don't post often on forums (which btw I dont really buy because I've been browsing the forum for over an hour and have seen at least 3 or 4 of your posts), secondly there is a thread dedicated completely to standard thread posts etiquette.

Now about your statement: You said you thought it was a good idea. How is it a good idea? Are they not people? Are they not humans who also need affection and intimacy just like anyone else? Are they not capable of being safe and aware of their own mortality? Do you feel that most AIDS patients behave recklessly and would actually strive to endanger others by lying to them or simply hiding the fact that they are ill?

You really should at least explain yourself when you make a post, dont just toss a quick sentence without at least contributing a reason for discussion, otherwise you're just filling space.

I'm not trying to be mean by the way, you just said you're not good with threads so I'm pointing out ways to be better at it (while keeping it related to our current topic).
Posted 5/6/08 , edited 5/7/08

music190 wrote:


echo_psyche wrote:


music190 wrote:


echo_psyche wrote:


music190 wrote:

I've always thought this was a good idea.


and yet you don't post why. wtf?


Because i dident find the thread until now and i'm not a thread makeing type of person.


That doesn't make much sense. You basically said something and didn't take the time to explain why you thought it. I'll accept that maybe you don't post often on forums (which btw I dont really buy because I've been browsing the forum for over an hour and have seen at least 3 or 4 of your posts), secondly there is a thread dedicated completely to standard thread posts etiquette.

Now about your statement: You said you thought it was a good idea. How is it a good idea? Are they not people? Are they not humans who also need affection and intimacy just like anyone else? Are they not capable of being safe and aware of their own mortality? Do you feel that most AIDS patients behave recklessly and would actually strive to endanger others by lying to them or simply hiding the fact that they are ill?

You really should at least explain yourself when you make a post, dont just toss a quick sentence without at least contributing a reason for discussion, otherwise you're just filling space.

I'm not trying to be mean by the way, you just said you're not good with threads so I'm pointing out ways to be better at it (while keeping it related to our current topic).


............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
You fail.

When i said i wasen't a thread makeing type of persone, i ment i don't really make threads that often. Like every two months or so i do. Or depends on my mood. And i do post ALOT on the fourms and i know my way around. I have been here longer than you. You've only been on here for five months but yet this is my first time seeing you on the fourms. And you're telling ME better ways to do the fourms? I may not be the smartist apple in the basket, but i sure as hell know how to work on a fourm. And so what if i just write one sentence? Do you want me to waste my time writing a book just for you? Would that make you happy if i wrote a bigger than the Bible size book just to explain all my post? And yes, i under stand that that people with STD's are humans to, but so were the jews during the Holocaust and they still are. I feel bad for people with any kinda of STD and i'm pretty sure they want it gone, but if they want it gone so badly than they just need to stop sleeping around. You know, you can find other ways to feel loved besides haveing sex. Plus, if a person with an STD get's pregnant or somebody with an STD get's somebody pregnant, than the baby is probably going to be affected with an STD. So why spread the burden on somebody else that isne't even born yet? Obviously you know nothing. And for a 23 year thats pretty sad. I don't have to make neat little Harry Potter sized book post just to make you and everybody else happy.




First off: Insulting me was unnecessary.
Second: I've actually been here over a year but I -chose- to nuke my old account for personal reasons
Third I only post when I feel the need to say something that most likely hasn't been previously mentioned and I like to contribute to the conversation rather than just make a quick point scoring post.
Fourth: you just wasted an incredible amount of eye space with such a useless hexpic
Fifth: If you can type that much to insult me, you can type that much about a subject that you feel the need to opinionate on.
Sixth: I love how you say I fail but I actually followed my argument up with facts while you sat there and attempted to berate me for trying to BE HELPFUL to you.

Seventh I'm not taking this personally are you? Rhetorical question. Look it up if you don't know what that means.


OH. and I almost forgot. Do your RESEARCH. Did you know that most women with AIDS can actually give birth to a perfectly healthy unaffected baby? the baby stands a 98% chance of being perfectly healthy. NO AIDS IN SIGHT. Look it up. You said I obviously know nothing but I have obviously DONE my research. By the way, I've actually lost someone I loved very dearly to AIDS, I know my shit. Do you? Obviously not.
Posted 5/6/08 , edited 5/7/08

music190 wrote:

1.You're attempt to make me feel bad about somebody you loved dying by AID's has failed.

2.And if you've been on here for over a year you should know by now that there are people like me who don't care what they post.

3.Than that's YOU. If YOU like to make long post explaing why you think Elmo is funny than thats YOU.

4. Thats ME. If i like to make useless hexpic than that's ME.

5.I don't like to type much. And i only insulted you probably only twice in my WHOLE post. So you have nothing to bitch about.

6.I appreciate you for reseaching up on you're facts as to what you think, but i don't really liked to be helped unless i ask for it. And i remeaber i dident ask you for you're help.

7.I'm not takeing this personal. I'm not an emo-fag who does.

8.By the last thing you said, it feels like you want me to take it personally.

And did you just edit out my Touché?



1. I didn't write that to make you feel bad. it seems you like to argue without at least reading thoroughly what has just been written. I obviously wrote it to tell you that I -know- what I'm referring to, what I'm discussing (in contestation to your statement that I know nothing)

2. If you don't care what you post why are you even bothering to post? whats the point? why are you wasting your time and that of others? why don't you better use your time on something you actually enjoy? it makes no sense.

3. say what? this particular part makes no sense. its an empty argument trying to distract from the point at hand.

4. more power to you. I know 12 and 13 year olds who provide a much more valid argument.

5. you "only" insulted me "twice" in the whole post and I have nothing to "bitch about" are you serious? insulting someone ONCE is enough reason for someone to go "wtf I thought we were actually having an intelligent discussion, where did that come from?".

6. you're right you didnt ask for it. but it sure fucking seemed like you were using your nonuse of forums as an excuse, which sounded almost like an apology for failing to have the etiquette often appreciated on a forum

7. wow so, whats the whole emo-fag thing about? it was yet another pointless statement.

8. I didn't want nor need you to take it personally. I was actually being genuine when I said that. If you were going to take it personally I would have simply said "you know what forget it. you obviously argue for the sake of an argument rather than to discuss and broaden your horizons."

9. This argument is over. You're 14 so I wont lower myself to insulting you. I wouldn't do that unless I absolutely had to. Secondly, your argument is full of empty holes and it's really just disheartening that you'd go through such efforts and not even try to make sense of the actual topic.

When you feel like actually discussing the TOPIC instead of lashing out at someone who intimidates you, feel free.

Later.
Posted 5/6/08 , edited 5/7/08

music190 wrote:


echo_psyche wrote:


music190 wrote:


echo_psyche wrote:


music190 wrote:


echo_psyche wrote:


music190 wrote:

I've always thought this was a good idea.


and yet you don't post why. wtf?


Because i dident find the thread until now and i'm not a thread makeing type of person.


That doesn't make much sense. You basically said something and didn't take the time to explain why you thought it. I'll accept that maybe you don't post often on forums (which btw I dont really buy because I've been browsing the forum for over an hour and have seen at least 3 or 4 of your posts), secondly there is a thread dedicated completely to standard thread posts etiquette.

Now about your statement: You said you thought it was a good idea. How is it a good idea? Are they not people? Are they not humans who also need affection and intimacy just like anyone else? Are they not capable of being safe and aware of their own mortality? Do you feel that most AIDS patients behave recklessly and would actually strive to endanger others by lying to them or simply hiding the fact that they are ill?

You really should at least explain yourself when you make a post, dont just toss a quick sentence without at least contributing a reason for discussion, otherwise you're just filling space.

I'm not trying to be mean by the way, you just said you're not good with threads so I'm pointing out ways to be better at it (while keeping it related to our current topic).


............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
You fail.

When i said i wasen't a thread makeing type of persone, i ment i don't really make threads that often. Like every two months or so i do. Or depends on my mood. And i do post ALOT on the fourms and i know my way around. I have been here longer than you. You've only been on here for five months but yet this is my first time seeing you on the fourms. And you're telling ME better ways to do the fourms? I may not be the smartist apple in the basket, but i sure as hell know how to work on a fourm. And so what if i just write one sentence? Do you want me to waste my time writing a book just for you? Would that make you happy if i wrote a bigger than the Bible size book just to explain all my post? And yes, i under stand that that people with STD's are humans to, but so were the jews during the Holocaust and they still are. I feel bad for people with any kinda of STD and i'm pretty sure they want it gone, but if they want it gone so badly than they just need to stop sleeping around. You know, you can find other ways to feel loved besides haveing sex. Plus, if a person with an STD get's pregnant or somebody with an STD get's somebody pregnant, than the baby is probably going to be affected with an STD. So why spread the burden on somebody else that isne't even born yet? Obviously you know nothing. And for a 23 year thats pretty sad. I don't have to make neat little Harry Potter sized book post just to make you and everybody else happy.




First off: Insulting me was unnecessary.
Second: I've actually been here over a year but I -chose- to nuke my old account for personal reasons
Third I only post when I feel the need to say something that most likely hasn't been previously mentioned and I like to contribute to the conversation rather than just make a quick point scoring post.
Fourth: you just wasted an incredible amount of eye space with such a useless hexpic
Fifth: If you can type that much to insult me, you can type that much about a subject that you feel the need to opinionate on.
Sixth: I love how you say I fail but I actually followed my argument up with facts while you sat there and attempted to berate me for trying to BE HELPFUL to you.

Seventh I'm not taking this personally are you? Rhetorical question. Look it up if you don't know what that means.


OH. and I almost forgot. Do your RESEARCH. Did you know that most women with AIDS can actually give birth to a perfectly healthy unaffected baby? the baby stands a 98% chance of being perfectly healthy. NO AIDS IN SIGHT. Look it up. You said I obviously know nothing but I have obviously DONE my research. By the way, I've actually lost someone I loved very dearly to AIDS, I know my shit. Do you? Obviously not.



1.You're attempt to make me feel bad about somebody you loved dying by AID's has failed.

2.And if you've been on here for over a year you should know by now that there are people like me who don't care what they post.

3.Than that's YOU. If YOU like to make long post explaing why you think Elmo is funny than thats YOU.

4. Thats ME. If i like to make useless hexpic than that's ME.

5.I don't like to type much. And i only insulted you probably only twice in my WHOLE post. So you have nothing to bitch about.

6.I appreciate you for reseaching up on you're facts as to what you think, but i don't really liked to be helped unless i ask for it. And i remeaber i dident ask you for you're help.

7.I'm not takeing this personal. I'm not an emo-fag who does.

8.By the last thing you said, it feels like you want me to take it personally.

And did you just edit out my Touché?


Having a bad period?
Posted 5/6/08 , edited 5/7/08

music190 wrote:


If you diden't want to agrue than why bother even replying to my first post that i wrote down? This could have all been avoided. I gave you my reason but yet you still went on.


um did you miss the 100 or so times that I said "discuss" instead of argue? yeah I guess you didn't.

Bye
6072 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
32 / M / the 650
Offline
Posted 5/6/08 , edited 5/7/08
^^^ can the people arguing above me like use spoilers or something cuz it took me like 5 minutes to scroll down LOL...

anywho..passing legislation would just be absurd. besides people can easily have sex without the government knowing so that would be useless. the reason why AIDS and other STDs are so widespread in the first place is because people are either lazy or just stupid. it doesnt take much effort and time to get checked for any STDs with your partner at a local clinic or hospital before you have sex especially if either one or both of you has had multiple sex partners.

Oh and condoms! i understand if you dont wanna use condoms with someone you've been intimate with a long time and know that they are clean, but some people dont even care and go without a condom with someone that they're having sex with for the first time. Although i have no idea if AIDs can be transferred through kissing but i doubt it doesnt right? >.< so yea condoms omg are so not overrated but are definitely not used enough.
Posted 5/6/08 , edited 5/7/08

nipponboy911 wrote:

^^^ can the people arguing above me like use spoilers or something cuz it took me like 5 minutes to scroll down LOL...

anywho..passing legislation would just be absurd. besides people can easily have sex without the government knowing so that would be useless. the reason why AIDS and other STDs are so widespread in the first place is because people are either lazy or just stupid. it doesnt take much effort and time to get checked for any STDs with your partner at a local clinic or hospital before you have sex especially if either one or both of you has had multiple sex partners.

Oh and condoms! i understand if you dont wanna use condoms with someone you've been intimate with a long time and know that they are clean, but some people dont even care and go without a condom with someone that they're having sex with for the first time. Although i have no idea if AIDs can be transferred through kissing but i doubt it doesnt right? >.< so yea condoms omg are so not overrated but are definitely not used enough.


heh actually you're right about somehow managing to cut that crap in half. I don't really want to use a spoiler since technically it isnt, but I'll try to figure something out and if it comes to that I'll just use the spoiler. thanks for mentioning it, I had forgotten for a moment how long the quotes can get.
10553 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
34 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 5/6/08 , edited 5/7/08
pff you cant limit peoples freedoms, you can warn people of dangers, you can warn the cumunity around them of them if thier a danger, but you cant imprison people for suffering, its like going and culling out 3/4 of hte population, first you target those with stds/viruses, then those with genetic issues, finally those that dont follow the prefered way of life. you could take out the last quarter of people to if your a homicidal

anywyas the point is its the governments place to help keep things running, by providing currancy stabillitie, trade stabilitie, community stabilitie. and if they can, provide whatever extras that are worth doing, but you cant prevent humans from interacting, actually this government has at times crossed the borders on what it should do, such as prohibition :/

Aids is terryfying and thats why this topic is here, anything that kills people tends to be terrifying to one degree or another, or even causes suffering, but you cant cut out sections of the population, you cant force people to make choices that injure themselves or others, and you cant enforce your own ideals on others. Free will is that, free, though at times it becomes worse to not step in and use hard force, to stop abuse and neglect whether its cult activities, or in a family but you cant target people for defects.

Besides, aids is just one of many things that kills, you cant target people for suffering from it, well you could kill them, just like you could kill people with chicken pox cow pox, plague, stds, you could even target people with bad teeth :/ but you dont, caus everyone tends to be screwed up one way or another, all we can do is talk things over and converse while trading thoughts, ideas, and just hope for good times to last for everyone along with helping people through whatever happens.

although if we targeted everyone with a gene defect we would proly wipe out about a few billion people, maybe a few hundred thousand could survive... but proly not even that many.... no one has perfect health, that is just life... the main thing is, live
Posted 5/7/08 , edited 5/7/08
Eventually this law will come .
But eventually people will break them .
Example .
No littering .
But u don't know .
Behind your back , they throw tons of litter
How would u manage them ?
This is a better topic .
6072 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
32 / M / the 650
Offline
Posted 5/7/08 , edited 5/7/08

echo_psyche wrote:


nipponboy911 wrote:

^^^ can the people arguing above me like use spoilers or something cuz it took me like 5 minutes to scroll down LOL...

anywho..passing legislation would just be absurd. besides people can easily have sex without the government knowing so that would be useless. the reason why AIDS and other STDs are so widespread in the first place is because people are either lazy or just stupid. it doesnt take much effort and time to get checked for any STDs with your partner at a local clinic or hospital before you have sex especially if either one or both of you has had multiple sex partners.

Oh and condoms! i understand if you dont wanna use condoms with someone you've been intimate with a long time and know that they are clean, but some people dont even care and go without a condom with someone that they're having sex with for the first time. Although i have no idea if AIDs can be transferred through kissing but i doubt it doesnt right? >.< so yea condoms omg are so not overrated but are definitely not used enough.


heh actually you're right about somehow managing to cut that crap in half. I don't really want to use a spoiler since technically it isnt, but I'll try to figure something out and if it comes to that I'll just use the spoiler. thanks for mentioning it, I had forgotten for a moment how long the quotes can get.


haha yea no problem. i mean i had fun reading the argument between you two and all but i didnt wanna keep scrolling through the old text you know hahaha
10299 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
80 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/7/08 , edited 5/8/08
it will infect others..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.