First  Prev  279  280  281  282  283  284  285  286  287  288  289  290  291  Next  Last

CR Picks: Best Character 2014

14760 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / F / US of A
Offline
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/3/15
Random Archer stuff. Once again, I am so happy Fate/Extra exists



104536 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/3/15

Felstalker wrote:


saprobe wrote:


Oh noes. How dare they make characters that girls like!?!???? As if Satsuki isn't equally aimed at guys.

Besides, Yato is pretty far from an ideal man. The character that fits that bill still in the running is Son Hak so you better get your salt ready for him because he's been tearing up his brackets, too.


Exactly. He's got issues yo, cereal issues!

Women don't like him, he's homeless, wears the same pair of clothes since it's his ownly pair of clothes. He totally doesn't care about anybody...but maybe he kinda does care about everybody in his own special way.

He's the generic jerk with a heart of gold. Doesn't want you to know he cares or nuthin.

I brought us a picture of what he looked like back in the 90's.



That lady killer him!

In more seriousness, the fact that Son Hak and Yato are so similar is more distressing than your like of the characters. I don't mind that you like him, but I do mind that he's a poorly written and very well drawn character.
well, I've thought about this a lot over the competitions previously, I don't think Yato is a poorly written character, he's simply a character who was never written about. He has no development! He's not only static, he's the least interesting character in his own show! At least Yuki has some development and Hiyori has some conflict. He just fucks around

A season 2 in which Yato is focused on in the actual development department would be just fine. Move Yato beyond the random hopeless bachelor with a well drawn face to appeal to the ladies.


There are plenty of unique characters in the competition that I feel bad for all the creators who tried hard to make something amazing rather than generic.



OK, man. Yato isn't really like InuYasha or Hak so I'm not really sure where you're pulling your comparisons from. The only thing he has in common with InuYasha is a smart mouth and the only thing he has in common with Hak is... I donno...they both have junk? Wait...all three of them wear pants that are pretty baggy...so there's that.

Yato's character isn't fully fleshed out in the anime, I'll give you that but there are references to his past via Nora's nocturnal appearances and Bishamonten's hatred. He struggles to guide Yukine instead of giving up on him. It isn't as if there are plenty of aspects of his character there for you to use your brain on. Things don't have to always be overstated like they are in Kill la Kill. Not to mention that calling a homeless god with a guilt complex "generic" is kind of a stretch. I will accept the premise that Yato didn't get enough time to flesh out his character because they literally cut the season short and tacked on a filler ending but generic, he is not. Hak OTOH, he's generic.
23157 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/3/15

sonic720 wrote:



I'm a bit confused what's not considered up to snuff here? How are those reasons too vague and thus not able to be counted, exactly? They are pretty straightforward, if a bit simple, reasons, but clear reasons that meet the required voting rule nonetheless.



I feel this condition was met for sure. The voter said his all time favorite character is Satsuki, which stands to reason he'd like her more than Yato or any other character by nature of being an all time favorite, and he said he likes Fate more than the other show and thinks Archer is bad ass. Those seem like valid reasons as per the rules outlined to me, albeit very simple.

I guess it's not explicitly stated in the rules, but we're looking for reasons that tell us something about the characters. "She's my all-time favorite character" tells us nothing about Satsuki herself. Similarly, "I like Fate/Stay NIght better" tells us nothing about Archer himself. "He's badass" tells us a tiny bit, but it's still quite vague. "Badass" can refer to several different things (attitude, combat ability, etc.), so we'd like to know what the term is referring to in this particular case. It doesn't have to be anything particularly lengthy, but it does need to give us a clear idea of what the voter sees in the character; this can potentially be done with a short sentence or even with a few words, so we'd like to think it's not too strict of a requirement.
104536 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/3/15

Shwuishu wrote:

Random Archer stuff. Once again, I am so happy Fate/Extra exists





I wish there was a like button. But I guess I'll have to make do with giving you 5 ninjas:
63701 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/3/15

Sentinel_Owl wrote:
You don't sound as... 100% about it though.

I'm calling sexism!

See, if only Seo and Chiyo-chan were guys...

He will get to it in about 3 weeks is what he is saying.

He only hates Chiyo because she is a loli.

Yes, he always portrays women like that. I can link source for his "ideal protagonist".

Edit: Here is a tip, do not get used to being responded that fast by him.
42830 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27 / F / Rulid Village
Offline
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/3/15
Calling all Yato fans


A travesty is currently underway in CRPicksland.
Each and every day 10s of poor innocent characters are
abandoned, for new shinier and more sadistic toys for
people who are secretly masochist. Don't be a masochist,
and adopt a stray god today.




For more information please call 1-800-SAV-YATO today.


This product is not yet rated
Le_Dom 
17249 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27 / M / Montreal
Offline
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/3/15

remassie wrote:

Calling all Yato fans


A travesty is currently underway in CRPicksland.
Each and every day 10s of poor innocent characters are
abandoned, for new shinier and more sadistic toys for
people who are secretly masochist. Don't be a masochist,
and adopt a stray god today.




For more information please call 1-800-SAV-YATO today.


This product is not yet rated


You say ''Masochist'' like it's a bad thing
63701 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/3/15

Le_Dom wrote:
You say ''Masochist'' like it's a bad thing

It is
40449 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/3/15
Too many masochistic anime fans.
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/3/15
masochism is a disease, get your vaccinations
104536 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/3/15

remassie wrote:

Calling all Yato fans


A travesty is currently underway in CRPicksland.
Each and every day 10s of poor innocent characters are
abandoned, for new shinier and more sadistic toys for
people who are secretly masochist. Don't be a masochist,
and adopt a stray god today.




For more information please call 1-800-SAV-YATO today.


This product is not yet rated


67516 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/3/15

sonic720 wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:
Remember, vote for Satsuki and Archer! Junketsu x GAR = Orgasmic






That's too good man, made me actually LOL IRL.


Haha thank you
29288 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / The Future™
Online
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/3/15

bathroom64 wrote:


Sentinel_Owl wrote:
You don't sound as... 100% about it though.

I'm calling sexism!

See, if only Seo and Chiyo-chan were guys...

He will get to it in about 3 weeks is what he is saying.

He only hates Chiyo because she is a loli.

Yes, he always portrays women like that. I can link source for his "ideal protagonist".

Edit: Here is a tip, do not get used to being responded that fast by him.


Hmmm you're not portraying him in a particularly flattering manner

I feel kind of sorry for him. It's seems like he's always haphazardly finding himself in some kind of shit-storm here
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/3/15

Sentinel_Owl wrote:


You don't sound as... 100% about it though.

I'm calling sexism!

See, if only Seo and Chiyo-chan were guys...


Well...it not like I thought Nozaki was ever going to get that far,......most of the people in this show are more interesting than him.




Chiyo is basically Mikorin....sooo . Seo would have had pretty much the same reception if he were a guy....I think ... Kaneki would have beaten her if he were a girl, I think. I probably wouldn't have had to see the BS argument about him being a wimp.
63701 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 2/3/15 , edited 2/3/15

Sentinel_Owl wrote:
Hmmm you're not portraying him in a particularly flattering manner

I feel kind of sorry for him. It's seems like he's always haphazardly finding himself in some kind of shit-storm here

Yes, I feel very sorry for him too

Also, I liked your song. Very nice, I had almost forgotten how much poop was involved.
First  Prev  279  280  281  282  283  284  285  286  287  288  289  290  291  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.