First  Prev  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  Next  Last

CR Picks: Best Character 2014

LokiLB 
46384 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/12/15
The only character I care about in this round is Shinichi. He's a dynamic character who is used to explore the concept of humanity. The show has done a good job of characterizing his change from an average guy to someone with an inhuman power. The story shows all the emotional, mental, physical, and societal stresses and conflicts such a change entails. Shinichi is a very well done and interesting character.
And if it matters to someone, he can kick major butt.

Anyone want to make a case for why any of the others are good characters?
38608 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / Shiranui
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/12/15
I can abstain from certain matches correct? Because there are some I have no idea who is who and well... Gamble/Blind Voting is not how I roll
29144 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
58 / M /
Online
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/12/15

Harpuia23 wrote:

I can abstain from certain matches correct? Because there are some I have no idea who is who and well... Gamble/Blind Voting is not how I roll


From what I understand that yes you can abstain from certain matches. Lord knows I am going to be doing so.
23155 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/12/15

Harpuia23 wrote:

I can abstain from certain matches correct? Because there are some I have no idea who is who and well... Gamble/Blind Voting is not how I roll

Yes, you can abstain from matches if you so choose. No one will be required to vote in any particular match.
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/12/15

LokiLB wrote:

The only character I care about in this round is Shinichi. He's a dynamic character who is used to explore the concept of humanity. The show has done a good job of characterizing his change from an average guy to someone with an inhuman power. The story shows all the emotional, mental, physical, and societal stresses and conflicts such a change entails. Shinichi is a very well done and interesting character.
And if it matters to someone, he can kick major butt.

Anyone want to make a case for why any of the others are good characters?


I am support this statement. 100%
561 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/13/15
Dunno if I'll get answered by the time the tourney starts, but:

Question: How gif/picture heavy can a post get when using them for wanting to also visually express our reasons for voting (a) character(s)? (Like, say for Saber, one would want to show how cute she can be, but also wants to show how badass she can be, but also wants to show how her being emotionally distressed can also distress the viewers...that's 3 gifs/pics for one character out of potentially 12 characters to vote and give reasons for.... )

I can entirely understand if we're heavily limited with gif/picture usage here, because there may be people who can get way out of hand spamming and/or having like 20 gifs in one post (I'm only voting for 5 but have almost 20 gifs in mind..)

Or are gifs/pictures just aren't allowed for the "reason why you voted for her/him/it" part, and we're limited to simply typing our hearts out (which is totally fine, too, and far more clean/simple)?
37129 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
22 / M / My Chair, OH
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/13/15

Wangnan wrote:

Dunno if I'll get answered by the time the tourney starts, but:

Question: How gif/picture heavy can a post get when using them for wanting to also visually express our reasons for voting (a) character(s)? (Like, say for Saber, one would want to show how cute she can be, but also wants to show how badass she can be, but also wants to show how her being emotionally distressed can also distress the viewers...that's 3 gifs/pics for one character out of potentially 12 characters to vote and give reasons for.... )

I can entirely understand if we're heavily limited with gif/picture usage here, because there may be people who can get way out of hand spamming and/or having like 20 gifs in one post (I'm only voting for 5 but have almost 20 gifs in mind..)

Or are gifs/pictures just aren't allowed for the "reason why you voted for her/him/it" part, and we're limited to simply typing our hearts out (which is totally fine, too, and far more clean/simple)?

While I'm no admin for this tourney, a good rule of thumb is that when you post many images, the best solution is to spoiler them so they don't clog the screen up. Whether you spoil the images all in one group or individually is decided based on if you have text in-between the images and such.
23155 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/13/15

Wangnan wrote:

Dunno if I'll get answered by the time the tourney starts, but:

Question: How gif/picture heavy can a post get when using them for wanting to also visually express our reasons for voting (a) character(s)? (Like, say for Saber, one would want to show how cute she can be, but also wants to show how badass she can be, but also wants to show how her being emotionally distressed can also distress the viewers...that's 3 gifs/pics for one character out of potentially 12 characters to vote and give reasons for.... )

I can entirely understand if we're heavily limited with gif/picture usage here, because there may be people who can get way out of hand spamming and/or having like 20 gifs in one post (I'm only voting for 5 but have almost 20 gifs in mind..)

Or are gifs/pictures just aren't allowed for the "reason why you voted for her/him/it" part, and we're limited to simply typing our hearts out (which is totally fine, too, and far more clean/simple)?

Since the rules in the first post don't specify any hard limit for pictures/gifs, I'll say that you should try to keep it to an amount and frequency that seems reasonable and which is not likely to deter others from voting or discussing voting. One way to go about this is to accompany pictures and gifs with at least brief explanations of what they say about the character(s) they depict. Also, if you see a lot of pictures on the current page of the thread already, then you may want to wait until the next page to post more. It's mostly up to your discretion; just make sure you don't let picture/gif posting get out of hand and overshadow everything else.

Edit: And yes, putting pictures and gifs in spoilers can help as well.
122262 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/13/15

Wangnan wrote:

Dunno if I'll get answered by the time the tourney starts, but:

Question: How gif/picture heavy can a post get when using them for wanting to also visually express our reasons for voting (a) character(s)? (Like, say for Saber, one would want to show how cute she can be, but also wants to show how badass she can be, but also wants to show how her being emotionally distressed can also distress the viewers...that's 3 gifs/pics for one character out of potentially 12 characters to vote and give reasons for.... )

I can entirely understand if we're heavily limited with gif/picture usage here, because there may be people who can get way out of hand spamming and/or having like 20 gifs in one post (I'm only voting for 5 but have almost 20 gifs in mind..)

Or are gifs/pictures just aren't allowed for the "reason why you voted for her/him/it" part, and we're limited to simply typing our hearts out (which is totally fine, too, and far more clean/simple)?


Site rules suggest two images per post, but when there are good reasons for more than that, mods will generally be fine with it.

20 gifs is way, way too many though, even if they are under spoilers. I don't have a problem if you choose 5 images - one for each person you vote for, or a couple for each with none for some, but if you have additional gifs please don't embed them here. Instead provide urls of a place where they are hosted, and folks who want to see them can click your link.

One solution might be to instead of putting a bunch of images in your vote, to share images over the course of several posts (not all in a row though) prior to voting as part of a campaign.
561 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/13/15

hayate_sensei_853 wrote: One way to go about this is to accompany pictures and gifs with at least brief explanations of what they say about the character(s) they depict.

Yeah, that is exactly how I was planning to utilize gifs/pics; valid explanation, then visual presentation to hit home my point(s).


Grauger wrote:
While I'm no admin for this tourney, a good rule of thumb is that when you post many images, the best solution is to spoiler them so they don't clog the screen up.

Wow..how the hell did that NOT even cross my mind as the valid solution to my question....

Well, thanks guys/gals for reasonably answering/suggesting

EDIT:

lorreen wrote:
Site rules suggest two images per post, but when there are good reasons for more than that, mods will generally be fine with it.

20 gifs is way, way too many though, even if they are under spoilers. I don't have a problem if you choose 5 images - one for each person you vote for, or a couple for each with none for some, but if you have additional gifs please don't embed them here. Instead provide urls of a place where they are hosted, and folks who want to see them can click your link.

One solution might be to instead of putting a bunch of images in your vote, to share images over the course of several posts (not all in a row though) prior to voting as part of a campaign.

Alrighty then, I'll make sure to limit image usage for voting. Thanks for answering~
122262 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/13/15

remassie wrote:

Preliminaries Begin In...


Can we "mix and match"? -- like give reasons on some choices, and monikers on others, or do we need to compile our ballot all one way or the other?
55587 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27 / M / West Africa
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/13/15

lorreen wrote:
Can we "mix and match"? -- like give reasons on some choices, and monikers on others, or do we need to compile our ballot all one way or the other?


Yes you can mix and match. It just as to be a suitable vote for each entry.
20553 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/13/15
Vote for Ayano! She needs all the help she needs!

42822 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27 / F / Rulid Village
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/15/15
Let’s Get This Party Started!

Preliminaries: Duel 1 Ends in...

Ryukko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
vs.
Seishirou Tsugumi (Nisekoi)
Chisaki Hiradaira (NagiAsu)
vs.
Rumi Yokoi (Tonari no Seki-kun)
Yato (Noragami)
vs.
Mutta Nanba (Space Brothers)
Daiki Aomine (Kuroko no Basuke)
vs.
Yuugo Hachiken (Silver Spoon 2)

Enju Aihara (Black Bullet)
vs.
Ritsu Kawai (Kawaisou)
Shiro (No Game No Life)
vs.
Kurumi Tokisaki (Date A Live 2)
Tatsuya Shiba (Mahouka Koukou)
vs.
Sora (No Game No Life)
Ayano Tateyama (MekakuCity)
vs.
Nozomi Toujou (Love Live!)

Sebastian (Black Butler)
vs.
Umetarou Nozaki (Nozaki-kun)
Makoto Tachibana (Free!)
vs.
Yuuki Konno (Sword Art Online)
Hana Fountainstand (Hanayamata)
vs.
Momoka Sonokawa (Sabagebu)
Kanbaru Suruga (Monogatari)
vs.
Illyasviel von Einzbern (Fate/Kaleid)

Aoi Miyamori (Shirobako)
vs.
Levi Kazama (Trinity Seven)
Ange (Cross Ange)
vs.
Shinichi Izumi (Parasyte)
Kaori Miyazono (Shigatsu)
vs.
Saber (Fate/stay night)
Kanie Seiya (Amagi Brilliant Park)
vs.
Akane Tsunemori (Psycho Pass)

CLICK HERE FOR A FULL LIST OF RULES.
How to Vote

STEP 1: Look through the battles presented above and select whom you’d like to advance. Provide a reason why you like the character you’ve selected more than their opponent.
OPTIONAL: Instead of providing a reason, describe your chosen character in three words. Could be a moniker, a phrase, you could even get fancy and make it an alliteration. Have fun with it.
STEP 2: When you’ve compiled your list of nominations quote Ballot_Bot and post your list in THIS THREAD. Please quote it normally Ballot_Bot is afraid of ghost..
STEP 3: Congratulations! Unless an admin notifies you otherwise, your vote has been submitted, and you may await the results.
TIEBREAKER: In the event there is a tied battle there will be a 1 hour extension wherein anyone who has not already voted in the round can vote to see who will advance.
ADVANCEMENT: Pending a tiebreaker, The 64 characters with the most votes will advance to the next round.

Example Vote


Ryukko Matoi (Kill la Kill) - Ryukko is better because she fights for what she believes in and doesn't get distracted by a guy.
Enju Aihara (Black Bullet) - Unbelievably Undeterred Usagi
Aoi Miyamori (Shirobako) - Hard Working Producer
20422 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/13/15
Quick question - when will duel 2 start?
First  Prev  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.