First  Prev  10041  10042  10043  10044  10045  10046  10047  10048  10049  10050  10051  10052  10053  Next  Last

•ᴗ•) ☕ Tourney CHATROOM & Directory ☕ (•ᴗ•

Post Reply
27159 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / F / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 2/26/19 , edited 2/27/19
It's a sign, we have to make another thread and get it to 10k
55611 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27 / M / West Africa
Offline
Posted 2/26/19 , edited 2/27/19

Swaggercandy wrote:

It's a sign, we have to make another thread and get it to 10k


This is the CR forum equivalent of Idol School animus, lets save CR.

"Ready? Starto!"
55611 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27 / M / West Africa
Offline
Posted 2/26/19 , edited 2/27/19

PhantomGundam wrote:


Insomnist wrote:

I'm half surprised we're back, I thought they might've finally pulled the plug.


Thought so too. I figured they just decided to end the forums and act like it's only a bug that they would never fix. I could understand a few hours, but for most of the day? That's just sad.


I tried so hard to post in Mob the day before, I as fumed. and now i dont feel like posting in there anymore.
69799 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 2/26/19 , edited 2/26/19

Swaggercandy wrote:

It's a sign, we have to make another thread and get it to 10k


No. We must get this thread to 100k to defeat our overlords and take power away from them before they commit cyber genocide against us and completely erase the forums. This is our last stand!


cay032692 wrote:

I tried so hard to post in Mob the day before, I as fumed. and now i dont feel like posting in there anymore.


Such a great episode to post about too.
55611 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27 / M / West Africa
Offline
Posted 2/26/19 , edited 2/27/19

PhantomGundam wrote:


Swaggercandy wrote:

It's a sign, we have to make another thread and get it to 10k


No. We must get this thread to 100k to defeat our overlords and take power away from them before they commit cyber genocide against us and completely erase the forums. This is our last stand!


cay032692 wrote:

I tried so hard to post in Mob the day before, I as fumed. and now i dont feel like posting in there anymore.


Such a great episode to post about too.


yuuuuuuuuuup
4659 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / F / The lowest stratum
Offline
Posted 2/26/19 , edited 2/27/19

Swaggercandy wrote:

It's a sign, we have to make another thread and get it to 10k


I do wonder.

I obviously enjoy the forums. I got in through what used to be General Discussion, and then I realized the anime side was far more enjoyable. And being able to write and talk here has been a lot of fun, and a positive addition to my anime experience. So I hope the forums don't go away.

I get the impression that there are fewer people here than a couple years ago, though. I wouldn't know how practical it is for Crunchyroll to continue to have them; there are certainly other places one can talk about anime online. But I like the way it's structured here: r/anime is a huge mess, such that it's difficult to find anything there; the episode threads there are enormous. Here things are much more focused. I don't know about other forums relevant to the anime community, but it seems to me that having a place to talk on the streaming site makes a lot of sense. They're not going to get rid of comments on the videos, after all, which means some kind of forum functionality is necessary.

I could see why they might want to get rid of private messaging, though, as we don't really need that. It makes it more of a community, but if people aren't using it then it's understandable they'd think of getting rid of it. I just hope nothing disappears before they give us an opportunity to back up our content. I've written a damn lot here.
27159 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / F / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 2/26/19 , edited 2/27/19

auroraloose wrote:


Swaggercandy wrote:

It's a sign, we have to make another thread and get it to 10k


I do wonder.

I obviously enjoy the forums. I got in through what used to be General Discussion, and then I realized the anime side was far more enjoyable. And being able to write and talk here has been a lot of fun, and a positive addition to my anime experience. So I hope the forums don't go away.

I get the impression that there are fewer people here than a couple years ago, though. I wouldn't know how practical it is for Crunchyroll to continue to have them; there are certainly other places one can talk about anime online. But I like the way it's structured here: r/anime is a huge mess, such that it's difficult to find anything there; the episode threads there are enormous. Here things are much more focused. I don't know about other forums relevant to the anime community, but it seems to me that having a place to talk on the streaming site makes a lot of sense. They're not going to get rid of comments on the videos, after all, which means some kind of forum functionality is necessary.

I could see why they might want to get rid of private messaging, though, as we don't really need that. It makes it more of a community, but if people aren't using it then it's understandable they'd think of getting rid of it. I just hope nothing disappears before they give us an opportunity to back up our content. I've written a damn lot here.


The thing is, with the forums here on CR, or well at least on the anime side, you have a consistent group of maybe 15 or so people? that actively like to engage in meaningful conversation rather than being very obnoxious and or pushing some agenda. (Even though those kinds of people show up every so often).Plus since its so small here, its not too cluttered with differing ideas, which makes it easier to follow some conversation that happens Also the comment section has been broken for so long ;-;

Yeah there used to be a lot of us but we all just became more engrossed with other interests and such I'd say, drifiting apart happens (also the fact that discord also came around, made it easier to comminicate rather than just quoting peeeps all the time to get their attention)
4659 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / F / The lowest stratum
Offline
Posted 2/26/19 , edited 2/27/19

Swaggercandy wrote:

The thing is, with the forums here on CR, or well at least on the anime side, you have a consistent group of maybe 15 or so people? that actively like to engage in meaningful conversation rather than being very obnoxious and or pushing some agenda. (Even though those kinds of people show up every so often).Plus since its so small here, its not too cluttered with differing ideas, which makes it easier to follow some conversation that happens Also the comment section has been broken for so long ;-;

Yeah there used to be a lot of us but we all just became more engrossed with other interests and such I'd say, drifiting apart happens (also the fact that discord also came around, made it easier to comminicate rather than just quoting peeeps all the time to get their attention)


That there's meaningful conversation is really the highlight for me. And is really a valuable thing of itself.

But yeah, you're right: online communities change — and appear and disappear. I'm a rather strange lady, in that I do Crunchyroll and basically nothing else internet. I made a reddit account a few months ago, but I find reddit overwhelming. So I have a funny question:

What is discord?

21480 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M / Nagoya, Japan
Offline
Posted 2/26/19 , edited 2/27/19

PhantomGundam wrote:


Swaggercandy wrote:

It's a sign, we have to make another thread and get it to 10k


No. We must get this thread to 100k to defeat our overlords and take power away from them before they commit cyber genocide against us and completely erase the forums. This is our last stand!


Or we could just be so gosh darn incompetent and lucky that Crunchyroll just gives up trying to finish us and decides to lead a leisurely life while creeped out by a gyaru co-worker
44479 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 2/26/19 , edited 2/27/19
I’m comfortable here
25185 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
34 / M / Floridamned
Offline
Posted 2/26/19 , edited 2/27/19
I would hope that if the forums were redesigned that what we have would be available from archive, but I can't help noticing all topics are off the main page and we're one link away from full closet territory now. If you wanted to secure your literary dance moves for future use it does seem like a good time for it.

Other than the relationships people have built here, I think I'd be most disappointed with the loss of all the show discussions. The chronology is something I appreciate whether I'm following a simulcast or not. I honestly feel like the service Lorreen provides should be a sponsored service. Reddit is useful for its massive scale, but I don't like its community aesthetic. Where are we crashing come CR forum doomsday?


It's natural for people to move on from internet communities as they build their lives. I'm happier for them. While CR is growing, the site community is such an old mess it does much to detract from its use, so we're not really getting replacements - much less tapping that growth.

Discord is an app that was designed for gamers to easily join together to coordinate efforts online through mostly free voice hosting communication, but it's become a lot more than that. Now it's a way to build your own community for basically anything with lists of chat rooms for voice and text with an assortment of notification options. It's good for keeping in touch with friends or learning what's new for a specific topic, but I don't think it has the organization options to host everything we do here. At least not yet.
30317 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
23 / M / An Imouto's Lap
Online
Posted 2/26/19 , edited 2/26/19
Will respond to the Kino thing later, but I could try Discord again. I had to quit for personal reasons.

If this is goodbye, I do have things I wish to say.
80852 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/26/19 , edited 2/27/19
I've tried finding other anime forums before but they've all be neither a massive loud mess or dead.

I really don't like Discord, I like forums. I lurk r/anime but only for some of the weekly episode talk.
14014 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 2/27/19 , edited 2/27/19

Insomnist wrote:

I've tried finding other anime forums before but they've all be neither a massive loud mess or dead.

I really don't like Discord, I like forums. I lurk r/anime but only for some of the weekly episode talk.


I have the same problem. I've been trying to find a new forum for months and I can't warm up to Discord. r/anime isn't my favorite place to discuss anime but at the moment it's the only CR alternative I can find .
27159 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / F / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 2/27/19 , edited 2/27/19

auroraloose wrote:


Swaggercandy wrote:

The thing is, with the forums here on CR, or well at least on the anime side, you have a consistent group of maybe 15 or so people? that actively like to engage in meaningful conversation rather than being very obnoxious and or pushing some agenda. (Even though those kinds of people show up every so often).Plus since its so small here, its not too cluttered with differing ideas, which makes it easier to follow some conversation that happens Also the comment section has been broken for so long ;-;

Yeah there used to be a lot of us but we all just became more engrossed with other interests and such I'd say, drifiting apart happens (also the fact that discord also came around, made it easier to comminicate rather than just quoting peeeps all the time to get their attention)


That there's meaningful conversation is really the highlight for me. And is really a valuable thing of itself.

But yeah, you're right: online communities change — and appear and disappear. I'm a rather strange lady, in that I do Crunchyroll and basically nothing else internet. I made a reddit account a few months ago, but I find reddit overwhelming. So I have a funny question:

What is discord?



Discord is an online chat application similar to LINE and Messenger.
First  Prev  10041  10042  10043  10044  10045  10046  10047  10048  10049  10050  10051  10052  10053  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.