First  Prev  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  Next  Last
Wapanese
658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 3/29/08 , edited 4/21/08
They don't annoy me as much as the people that bitch about them being annoying.
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 3/29/08 , edited 4/21/08

jets wrote:


Quote
I have to be honest wapanese people annoy the heck out of me. This thread is to discuss the wapanese movement. Are you wapanese? Love them? Hate them?
For those who dont know

Urban Dictionary gets a close description of what they are:
1. Wapanese 3957 up, 1654 down



“Wapanese” are decidedly caucasian individuals who, by means of thoroughly warped postmodern acculturation processes, have come to the decision that it is in their best interest to act as if they were denizens of the nation of Japan. The term “wapanese” can be accurately though of as an analog to wigger. A whitey can be classified as a “Wapanese” if they are in possession of two or more of the following defining traits:


1. Has an unhealthy obsession with shallow, saccharine and intellectually insulting animation shows (also refered to as anime by the nerd elite) originally tailored for young Japanese children

2. Operates under the erroneous belief that every aspect of American culture is vastly inferior to that of Japan’s – even though 99.9% of Wapanese have never had firsthand experience of any sort with their preferred culture (in other words, they’ve never set so much as one foot upon the island(s) of Japan)

3. Halfheartedly studies Japanese language and/or is a part-time practitioner of martial arts

4. Has a sword (samurai swords only, of course) collection

5. Is a Virgin
6. May be afflicted with a terminal case of yellow fever; however, they constantly fail in their quest for Japanese pootytang

7. Extreme cases may traipse around whilst wearing a “costume” that makes them resemble their favorite anime characters (this practice is reffered to as cosplay; cross-dressing and raging homosexuality is not an uncommon component of cosplay.


Interestingly, Wapanese are generally though of as “failures” and rejects within their own culture. Social scientists such as myself speculate that it was their failure to gain acceptance within their own culture than has lead many a white geek to seek out Japan’s culture as a surrogate; however, they’d be shattered to know that the insular and somewhat racist Japanese society would be even less accepting of them than the people of their true and native culture.



If you don't like anime please just friggin leave. People like you make this site a bitter place.


Don't be so defensive. Some people are too obsessive over anime, just because someone recognizes that guy is too obsessed doesn't mean he doesn't like anime. Just because he makes fun of those obsessed, doesn't mean he doesn't like anime. Being defensive for such little crap is stupid.
822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Nova Scotia, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/29/08 , edited 4/21/08
I have a respect for those with the stones to wear a cosplay costume in broad daylight. Seriously!

But I guess anyone who watches anime regularly enough probably is a little "wapanese". I'd like to visit Japan someday, I might be seen as an ignorant "whitey", but I think it'd still be fun to go and visit for a couple of weeks, or even months!
582 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / H Land
Offline
Posted 3/29/08 , edited 4/21/08
Wouldn't the majority of CR users be considered Wapanese then?
2356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / swimming to my he...
Offline
Posted 3/29/08 , edited 4/21/08



Don't be so defensive. Some people are too obsessive over anime, just because someone recognizes that guy is too obsessed doesn't mean he doesn't like anime. Just because he makes fun of those obsessed, doesn't mean he doesn't like anime. Being defensive for such little crap is stupid.


it's just starting to get hella annoying. Why are they visiting crunchyroll if all they do is complain?
658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 3/29/08 , edited 4/21/08

Daikazetatsu wrote:

Wouldn't the majority of CR users be considered Wapanese then?


Yes. Ironic.
1445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Yew Nork
Offline
Posted 3/29/08 , edited 4/21/08
Did somebody say Weeaboo?
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 3/29/08 , edited 4/21/08

jets wrote:




Don't be so defensive. Some people are too obsessive over anime, just because someone recognizes that guy is too obsessed doesn't mean he doesn't like anime. Just because he makes fun of those obsessed, doesn't mean he doesn't like anime. Being defensive for such little crap is stupid.


it's just starting to get hella annoying. Why are they visiting crunchyroll if all they do is complain?


Because people are like that... people are stupid. People think Japan is the best place ever, when it's obvious there are soooooo many things wrong with it. People find it fun to post "FAIL" pictures left and right thinking they're funny. Again, people are stupid.
1442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / florida,US
Offline
Posted 3/29/08 , edited 4/21/08
yeah umm i'm not offended at all by this post. i'm not japanese im mulatto. I'm completely in love with asian culture but i don't find mine inferior to it. i don't want to be japanese. i love my heritage but alot of my friends say i'm a wasian just because i like anime and manga. i'm also trying to learn japanese. but i hate coplay and i'm also really annoyed with the kids at my school who go around acting like freaks (the wapanese people i guess) they go around calling people baka and saying konnichiwa like they speak japanese and talking about naruto and full metal alchimist. it's not really them i have a problem with them at all, it's just that they put a bad image on me. when i say that i like anime and read manga people automatically label me as a weird anime nerd and asume that i'm like those other kids. i'm honestly tired of people automatically thinking that i act like that. i don't think they're annoying i'm actually friends with some of them (but most of them at my school really weird me out and i won't deny that about half of them are freakin creepers) but i do understand where you come from when you say they annoy you.
947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / homewood
Offline
Posted 3/29/08 , edited 4/21/08
No they don't annoy me, I guess they are really into the japanese culture.
3036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / gR8 UK
Offline
Posted 3/29/08 , edited 4/21/08
never annoyed me, but i understand how people feel if they are hounded by them
cos they have some connection to japan or its culture,
to be honest i respect anyone who cosplys and isnt afraid to show they like anime etc,
so long as its done sensibly without the hounding of other people or delusional antics
(ie jumping around cos you think ur a ninja...pls dont...it hurts me to know we are in the same class of species)
3914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / just about ... here.
Offline
Posted 3/29/08 , edited 4/21/08


If you don't like anime please just friggin leave. People like you make this site a bitter place.


he doesn't hate anime... he's annoyed with the "wapanese"... and if you read the very first post slowly, he just defined the word "wapanese" for us... and he's askin whether we feel the same way for them or not...


to answer the question:
i think some are rather "disturbingly very wapanese"... maybe to the point that they are already annoying...
119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / A Random Hotel...
Offline
Posted 3/29/08 , edited 4/21/08
Wow Ive heard of it b4.... there are two people like that in my schoolll... they freaking draw anime and talk about it all the time. they say stuff like 'kawaii' nd shit i dont care if ppl say it in forums nd stuf but in reall lifee? i mean seriously theyre really weird they shouldnt be like that but if your like japanese then sure have samurai swords and think japs are superior ur japanese whatever it makes sence .... cuz im asian and i dont go bragging about asian stuff whatever well thats what i think about them... they need a life

[edit] the main reason i dont like them is cuz the 2 ppl in my school.... thayre highly unathletic (extreme-lazyness)
and theyre weird.... im not sure about others though... -> these two give anime likers a bad name
28 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / Hell
Offline
Posted 3/29/08 , edited 4/21/08
This thread is honestly as annoying as the people that go overboard. It seems that everyone is trying to either diss an idea of someone's consciousness or trying to prove that they aren't fitting the description. I'm not trying to cause conflict, but I look at it like this...

The ones that do fit it will probably grow out of it, especially if they ever go to Japan and get called racist names. Japan isn't a country to idolize if you're the kind of person who says that you are 'unique' or 'original'. Japanese people, in Japan, for a large part are very racist. But then again so are most cultures.

One thing I seriously hate is the use of the word Otaku. It has some very very very bad connotations and basically means a nut job (which is what most Wapanese are.) The origins of the word are not good at all, and most of us use it incorrectly.

As far as the guy who said "I'm black so I can say that." Think again buddy. Being of a race doesn't give you the right to make fun of them.

I don't look a races when I look at people. I judge them on a case by case person by person basis. I'm white. I'm not proud of it nor do I hate it. I just am. I can't change that and neither can any other person of an ethnic background. We are what we are.

If you are Wapanese and the definition offends you, it's probably because it's making you feel nervous or self conscious. Being interested in other countries cultures is awesome. It shows growth and willingness to be tolerant. Being OBSESSED and ANAL about one specific culture that you're not any part of at all is just dumb. If the definition offends you, then maybe you're trying too hard to be something you're not and now you're realizing that you're really transparent and it's wounding you? Making you feel stupid? Then you obviously feel the need to show that you're not a Wapanese or you're going to try more to be yourself. Those are basically your only options, other than just ignoring it and going back to the same old same old.

But how does it make someone feel to know that in their persuit of an obsession, they are potientally harming someone else, or hurting someone's feelings? Japanese people, of pure lineage or those mixed with other races, such as American (if that can really be called a nationality... so many things are mixed in. I call myself a mutt.) .... back to topic... Those people are people too. They have feelings and likes. Emotions, desires. And I highly doubt that those include being stalked or fondled by some wapanese kid (male or female of any nationality) just because they happened to be born Japanese. And what of the other Asian-Americans and Asian-Europeans? Because they're not Japanese, are they not good enough to be the object of desire of someone who's balls haven't even dropped yet? (or are they just lucky?)

4030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
117 / F
Offline
Posted 3/29/08 , edited 4/21/08
omgosh my school has these -_-

They're so obsessed...anything to do with Japan
"OMG Japan = anime, i wanna go!"

Even one day where you come to school dressed as something you're usually not.
They all came to school as an anime character..O_O..i mean i'd be ok with it, but it
looked like total sheit! They also like to wear the Natuto headband..daily..-_-
8769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Michigan
Offline
Posted 3/30/08 , edited 4/21/08
o i have a question...does this make me wappanese lol such a funny word...i'm white...i like anime since the cartoons we have here in the us seem to be for little children and what not and my school requires 2 years of a foreign language...japanese was the only language that i could get higher than a C in so i took more because i think it's one of the easiest languages i have ever seen...and i want a good gpa...does that make me wappanese still funny word

plus i guess i don't understand a little bit i learned in my japanese class that the japanese randomly put in english phrases and all that because they think it's cool to know enlgish...is that really that much different than people running around saying random japanese phrases? why can't the japanese just use their own language when they're in their own country. just a hypothetical question...i'm just trying to offer a different light on what you are saying. this isn't what i actually think i don't care what language you speak. except for those where i live that are completely against learning english lol but that should be for a different thread.
1009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / L.A California
Offline
Posted 3/30/08 , edited 4/21/08

heyya15965 wrote:

o i have a question...does this make me wappanese lol such a funny word...i'm white...i like anime since the cartoons we have here in the us seem to be for little children and what not and my school requires 2 years of a foreign language...japanese was the only language that i could get higher than a C in so i took more because i think it's one of the easiest languages i have ever seen...and i want a good gpa...does that make me wappanese still funny word

plus i guess i don't understand a little bit i learned in my japanese class that the japanese randomly put in english phrases and all that because they think it's cool to know enlgish...is that really that much different than people running around saying random japanese phrases? why can't the japanese just use their own language when they're in their own country. just a hypothetical question...i'm just trying to offer a different light on what you are saying. this isn't what i actually think i don't care what language you speak. except for those where i live that are completely against learning english lol but that should be for a different thread.


yes you are a wap!
8769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Michigan
Offline
Posted 3/30/08 , edited 4/21/08

SkullxXxFace wrote:

This thread is honestly as annoying as the people that go overboard. It seems that everyone is trying to either diss an idea of someone's consciousness or trying to prove that they aren't fitting the description. I'm not trying to cause conflict, but I look at it like this...

The ones that do fit it will probably grow out of it, especially if they ever go to Japan and get called racist names. Japan isn't a country to idolize if you're the kind of person who says that you are 'unique' or 'original'. Japanese people, in Japan, for a large part are very racist. But then again so are most cultures.

One thing I seriously hate is the use of the word Otaku. It has some very very very bad connotations and basically means a nut job (which is what most Wapanese are.) The origins of the word are not good at all, and most of us use it incorrectly.

As far as the guy who said "I'm black so I can say that." Think again buddy. Being of a race doesn't give you the right to make fun of them.

I don't look a races when I look at people. I judge them on a case by case person by person basis. I'm white. I'm not proud of it nor do I hate it. I just am. I can't change that and neither can any other person of an ethnic background. We are what we are.

If you are Wapanese and the definition offends you, it's probably because it's making you feel nervous or self conscious. Being interested in other countries cultures is awesome. It shows growth and willingness to be tolerant. Being OBSESSED and ANAL about one specific culture that you're not any part of at all is just dumb. If the definition offends you, then maybe you're trying too hard to be something you're not and now you're realizing that you're really transparent and it's wounding you? Making you feel stupid? Then you obviously feel the need to show that you're not a Wapanese or you're going to try more to be yourself. Those are basically your only options, other than just ignoring it and going back to the same old same old.

But how does it make someone feel to know that in their persuit of an obsession, they are potientally harming someone else, or hurting someone's feelings? Japanese people, of pure lineage or those mixed with other races, such as American (if that can really be called a nationality... so many things are mixed in. I call myself a mutt.) .... back to topic... Those people are people too. They have feelings and likes. Emotions, desires. And I highly doubt that those include being stalked or fondled by some wapanese kid (male or female of any nationality) just because they happened to be born Japanese. And what of the other Asian-Americans and Asian-Europeans? Because they're not Japanese, are they not good enough to be the object of desire of someone who's balls haven't even dropped yet? (or are they just lucky?)

i'm really glad that you can come out and say what you really feel lol it's great. i'm serious there are a lot of people out there that can't do that even online. I totally agree with you that's why I asked the question i did in my other post. I do wonder though who sits around and thinks up things like wapanes (still such a funny word) I don't get it. I really like anime and I really like the Japanese culture but I think that's beter than saying hey english is so much better and i wouldn't be caught dead having anything to do with your country or whatever. i think people should just let others be



First  Prev  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.