First  Prev  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  Next  Last

2015★Battle

102031 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
32 / M / Eden of the East
Offline
Posted 7/30/16 , edited 7/30/16
Sweet 16 Results




The results are in...




Match 7

1. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders (20)
2. Rokka no Yuusha (14)

Match 8

1. One Punch Man (21)
2. Eden of Grisaia (12)






The Sweet 16 is over! Only 8 shows remain. One Punch Man, Jojo, Non Non Biyori, Haikyuu!!, Owarimonogatari, and Food Wars are guaranteed a spot in the Elite 8. However, School-Live and Death Parade must fight to keep their spots. Against who? Why, the Revenge of the Fallen winners of course! Speaking of, next week is Revenge of the Fallen week where shows that have fallen will get another chance to make it back into the tourney. Be sure to show up and vote next week! Also, the numbers in ROTF are currently uneven. I don't like having an uneven number. Thus, I am also bringing back the King of the Underrated round that I introduced last year to allow a few more shows that did not make it past eliminations have a shot to be brought back as well. Look forward to that! Enjoy your weekends everyone!




Have fun on your way out Yuuji.
22478 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
40 / M / Maniwa Japan
Offline
Posted 7/30/16 , edited 7/30/16
See. Why the hell do I even bother with these things?
5314 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
32 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 7/30/16 , edited 7/30/16
Final 4 predictions?? Just guesses, dont worry about seedings and match ups.

Food Wars v. OPM, Haikyuu v. JoJo

Food Wars v. JoJo,
honestly really flip a coin, could see either one but I still don't think either one is gonna beat

Food Wars - Champ is here

I'd be happy with any of them winning except OPM
104536 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 7/30/16 , edited 7/30/16
Revenge of the Fallen, you say?



Vote Gintama in ROTF!!!

35370 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 7/30/16 , edited 7/30/16
I feel like these tournaments should be renamed to hype wars.
63703 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/30/16 , edited 7/30/16

saprobe wrote:
Revenge of the Fallen, you say?



Vote Gintama in ROTF!!!

30866 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
58 / M /
Offline
Posted 7/30/16 , edited 7/30/16

Yamstarch wrote:

See. Why the hell do I even bother with these things?


Because we're gluttons for punishment?
48737 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
57 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 7/30/16 , edited 7/30/16

Gafennec wrote:


Yamstarch wrote:

See. Why the hell do I even bother with these things?


Because we're gluttons for punishment?


Nicely said
21486 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M / Nagoya, Japan
Offline
Posted 7/31/16 , edited 7/31/16

Frenzify wrote:

I feel like these tournaments should be renamed to hype wars.


It's sad how like, I think only 3 shows in the final 8 have actual compelling, intricate stories instead of just being big from hype/action scenes/a couple with moe. Like, what happened to shows being judged based on their merits instead of their hype and the like? It's also kinda easy to see what with the two shows that have to battle the ROTF winners being the two shows that are the most story-heavy out of the bunch
70217 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/31/16 , edited 7/31/16

jcal94 wrote:

It's sad how like, I think only 3 shows in the final 8 have actual compelling, intricate stories instead of just being big from hype/action scenes/a couple with moe. Like, what happened to shows being judged based on their merits instead of their hype and the like? It's also kinda easy to see what with the two shows that have to battle the ROTF winners being the two shows that are the most story-heavy out of the bunch


You say that without having watched Jojo, Monogatari, or Food Wars... An episodic anime like Death Parade is definitely not more story-heavy than most of the shows that made it through.
81152 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/31/16 , edited 7/31/16
Tounreys are places to share shows have fun and collect salt. Nothing else matters.
20553 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/31/16 , edited 7/31/16

Insomnist wrote:

Tounreys are places to share shows have fun and collect salt. Nothing else matters.


Emphasis on that.

The gamer in me wants to see that.
21486 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
25 / M / Nagoya, Japan
Offline
Posted 7/31/16 , edited 7/31/16

PhantomGundam wrote:


jcal94 wrote:

It's sad how like, I think only 3 shows in the final 8 have actual compelling, intricate stories instead of just being big from hype/action scenes/a couple with moe. Like, what happened to shows being judged based on their merits instead of their hype and the like? It's also kinda easy to see what with the two shows that have to battle the ROTF winners being the two shows that are the most story-heavy out of the bunch


You say that without having watched Jojo, Monogatari, or Food Wars... An episodic anime like Death Parade is definitely not more story-heavy than most of the shows that made it through.


I was counting Monogatari as one of those 3 >.> Food Wars I've seen probably half of now from friends watching it when we hang out. The show is an excuse to show off cooking in epic anime fashion and to get to foodgasms (although those seem to have been calming down lately in the second season...). Jojo is known heavily for its hype and action. You never hear anyone going on about how awesome its story is

And Death Parade is episodic, yes, but it all ties together into a big plot. Just because incidents don't directly connect blatantly doesn't mean they aren't one story. Each self-contained story is well-done, while the overarching plot surrounding the system for judging people, Decim and his assistant's stories, and even things with Nona are all well developed and explored. Heck, Nona isn't my favorite character just because she's a legal loli, she's got great development, especially for a side character. Maybe I worded it badly, maybe it's more along the lines of a "deep story" instead, but School-Live, Death Parade, and Monogatari are the 3 shows that put the story at the forefront. Yes, School-Live draws people in with something else, but then people stayed for the story. I mean, I don't even like Monogatari, but I can admit that the (convoluted because the author can't write a series straight apparently ) story is the major aspect of it, followed by the girls.

And yes, the salt is strong
22478 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
40 / M / Maniwa Japan
Offline
Posted 7/31/16 , edited 7/31/16

Insomnist wrote:

Tounreys are places to share shows have fun and collect salt. Nothing else matters.


I think all I have left to give is salt. My soul is already gone.
30866 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
58 / M /
Offline
Posted 7/31/16 , edited 7/31/16

FLjerry2011 wrote:


Gafennec wrote:


Yamstarch wrote:

See. Why the hell do I even bother with these things?


Because we're gluttons for punishment?


Nicely said


Thank you. Some times old phrases are the best phrases.



Yamstarch wrote:


Insomnist wrote:

Tounreys are places to share shows have fun and collect salt. Nothing else matters.


I think all I have left to give is salt. My soul is already gone.


If I had a watermelon concession here I could make a fortune. But I think we take part to help sway people to the anime we like.
First  Prev  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.