First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last

Crunchyroll Announces Windows 10 Universal App!

Post Reply
20013 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
35 / M / ND
Offline
Posted 6/29/16 , edited 6/30/16
The Win 10 app is sick! Congrats on having it!
One problem, though, is I can't rate shows I watch. I try to rate every show I watch, I'm OCD about having every episode rated.

Thanks for being awesome, CR! Love the progress you guys make!
8483 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
104 / O
Offline
Posted 6/30/16 , edited 6/30/16
yes! finally it's here
116 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
62 / M
Offline
Posted 6/30/16 , edited 6/30/16
Wonderful! How about an updated Kindle app next, so I can watch them there again?
14350 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M / Puerto Rico
Offline
Posted 6/30/16 , edited 6/30/16

mlchanges wrote:

Dude, aside from a header it's nearly identical to the Funimation app...



That said, I don't really like either. The UI is far too touch-centric for a desktop app. "Universal" is BS. Mobile and desktop are two different things and one-size-fits-all apps, or rather mobile apps dumped on the desktop, are an affront to users. I personally dislike minimalist design, give me as much info and as many options as possible right up front, please. Also, though it's Microsofts's fault I think, no Chromecast support. Technically speaking though it seems to work just fine with the exception of dropping connection if paused for a short time.


All that the Universal Windows Platform does is that it shares the base code of an app without needing to rewrite it from scratch for each platform. Only small changes are made to the UI to accomodate each platform (well, it's supposed to). Also, there's no need for MS to support a propietary wireless connection when it already uses a widely used industry standard (Miracast).
42975 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/30/16 , edited 7/1/16

KnightmareFrame9 wrote:


mlchanges wrote:

Dude, aside from a header it's nearly identical to the Funimation app...



That said, I don't really like either. The UI is far too touch-centric for a desktop app. "Universal" is BS. Mobile and desktop are two different things and one-size-fits-all apps, or rather mobile apps dumped on the desktop, are an affront to users. I personally dislike minimalist design, give me as much info and as many options as possible right up front, please. Also, though it's Microsofts's fault I think, no Chromecast support. Technically speaking though it seems to work just fine with the exception of dropping connection if paused for a short time.


All that the Universal Windows Platform does is that it shares the base code of an app without needing to rewrite it from scratch for each platform. Only small changes are made to the UI to accomodate each platform (well, it's supposed to). Also, there's no need for MS to support a propietary wireless connection when it already uses a widely used industry standard (Miracast).


I'm aware of what UWP is and those small changes are exactly my point. Desktop and mobile are just too different for small changes. Don't think I'm just picking on Crunchy though, I have the same gripes with Netflix, Hulu etc. At least on crunchy's site I can get a nice alphabetical list :D

As far as Miracast, is it even capable of handing off just the video/audio stream or does it just mirror the display? cause Chromecast does the former and I can do the later without either.
13293 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/1/16 , edited 7/1/16
GOOD JOB CRUNCHY ROLL, WHERE THAT BERSERK EP1
14350 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
33 / M / Puerto Rico
Offline
Posted 7/1/16 , edited 7/1/16

mlchanges wrote:

I'm aware of what UWP is and those small changes are exactly my point. Desktop and mobile are just too different for small changes. Don't think I'm just picking on Crunchy though, I have the same gripes with Netflix, Hulu etc. At least on crunchy's site I can get a nice alphabetical list :D


They only differ in screen size and how you interact with them which is not much. Having said that, I'm not a developer. I'm just speaking from a tech enthusiast's perspective.


As far as Miracast, is it even capable of handing off just the video/audio stream or does it just mirror the display? cause Chromecast does the former and I can do the later without either.


While Miracast just mirrors the display it can also send audio. It's technically a wireless HDMI and, unlike Chromecast, it doesn't require a dedicated internet connection.
116399 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
62 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 7/1/16 , edited 7/1/16

Shintogod wrote:

GOOD JOB CRUNCHY ROLL, WHERE THAT BERSERK EP1

http://www.crunchyroll.com/berserk/episode-1-the-branded-swordsman-714981

It wasn't due until several hours after you posted your message.

4206 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/1/16 , edited 7/1/16
Yes! Thank you. I was hoping to find a PC app for Crunchyroll and now it's true!
17960 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / some where heaven...
Offline
Posted 7/2/16 , edited 7/2/16
downloading it now...
5101 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / M / Uk
Offline
Posted 7/2/16 , edited 7/3/16
I have come across one problem every so often it just won't play certain episodes . I would click on the episode and then it comes up with something went wrong check your Internet connection . I click on a different episode work fine . It's done it on a few episodes of relife I think it was episode 3 and 9 , Food Wars Second Plate ep 1 , Days ep 1 .
8245 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/6/16 , edited 7/6/16

Rujikin wrote:


Nolonar wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
Because half of those don't have keyboards. I'd like to not have to download any apps on my android that would be preferred.


You do realize that there are Windows devices without keyboard as well, right?
Or that you can bookmark websites so you don't have to type the address all the time?
You're aware that you'll have to type anyways in order to find the app in the first place, as well as every time you're looking for a particular show, right?

I don't get your point, to be honest. Why do you even care? Nobody forces you to use these apps, or to install them in the first place.

I've heard such thing exist in North Korea along with Unicorn and the greatest man in the world but I've yet to see any such things.

You mean those devices that I hear everyone got rid of because they were horrible?


Should've known you were just a troll. You got me good.

Here:

<><

Have some fish.
5081 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/6/16 , edited 7/7/16
I currently can't steam New Game via the app. Anyone experiencing the same issue?
3516 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / M / Indiana
Offline
Posted 7/6/16 , edited 7/7/16

ELEMINATEtHaTcommunist wrote:

I currently can't steam New Game via the app. Anyone experiencing the same issue?


At least you can run the app lol mine just stays frozen on crunchyroll logo

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.
Hime banner

Try The NEW CrunchyrollBeta

check it out