First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last

What is your unpopular anime opinion?

Post Reply
25685 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
29 / M / Northern Ireland
Offline
Posted 1/23/17 , edited 1/23/17

mow123 wrote:


Yup. And I find it odd how I can associate more with female targeted anime/manga in certain situations than males ones. Probably because the shounen I tend not to like, while targeted at males, is targeted at a particular male demographic I'm not a part of. For example I like ecchi but dislike harems but harems are where you will find most ecchi so I'm stuck in a position where finding an ecchi show I like is like finding hens teeth simply because I'm not a teenage male so don't fall within the target demographic of most fanservicy/ecchi shows.
On that subject that is actually something that can account for a whole lot of people not liking something, they were simply never the intended audience in the first place.

And I know I've definitely refused to watch something on art alone and take higher note of shows by certain studios because I like their artstyle/animation quality e.g. Silver Link and Lerche.

On the subject of "objective" anime watchers... I think there is far too large of a sub culture of wannabe Yahtzees, Totalbiscuits and Charile Brookers that neither understand how to or are capable of reviewing anything but insist on doing so.
445 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
17 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/23/17 , edited 1/24/17

derpcat12 wrote:


MADIBABY wrote:

btw that black butler sabastion shit???? what the fuck was that. i couldnt even watch one episode of tht anime it was soooooooooooooooooo boooorrriingggg and ugly. yet all the middle school weeaboos hoes were OBSESSED. also FREE! ???? SO BORING ihated it


Honestly I really like Black Butler and Free. I've finished the whole series of Free and thought it was very fun to watch. Black Butler is also one of my favorites because of the story. I haven't finished it yet, but so far I'm really liking it...also, I know you didn't like either of them, but maybe your choice in words could be a bit kinder? I know that you are you and you're allowed to speak the way you please, but sometimes it comes out a lot meaner than it should have... I personally think that if you do have something to say about you not liking something, it's possible to say it kindly. Example: A lot of Otakus at my school were obsessed with Black Butler. I personally did not like it. Also, if you only watched one episode, I also don't see the point it being rude towards others about it...sorry for bringing this up, but it just sounded really mean...



SORRY! didnt mean for it to come off so strongly. i would never actually dislike anyone based on their tastes of what they watch or anything.

21355 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
15 / F / Gravity Falls
Offline
Posted 1/23/17 , edited 1/24/17

MADIBABY wrote:


derpcat12 wrote:


MADIBABY wrote:

btw that black butler sabastion shit???? what the fuck was that. i couldnt even watch one episode of tht anime it was soooooooooooooooooo boooorrriingggg and ugly. yet all the middle school weeaboos hoes were OBSESSED. also FREE! ???? SO BORING ihated it


Honestly I really like Black Butler and Free. I've finished the whole series of Free and thought it was very fun to watch. Black Butler is also one of my favorites because of the story. I haven't finished it yet, but so far I'm really liking it...also, I know you didn't like either of them, but maybe your choice in words could be a bit kinder? I know that you are you and you're allowed to speak the way you please, but sometimes it comes out a lot meaner than it should have... I personally think that if you do have something to say about you not liking something, it's possible to say it kindly. Example: A lot of Otakus at my school were obsessed with Black Butler. I personally did not like it. Also, if you only watched one episode, I also don't see the point it being rude towards others about it...sorry for bringing this up, but it just sounded really mean...



SORRY! didnt mean for it to come off so strongly. i would never actually dislike anyone based on their tastes of what they watch or anything.



It's fine, don't worry!
7351 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / CA
Offline
Posted 1/23/17 , edited 1/24/17

SpideyCarnage wrote:
In The World God Only Knows the best girl won.
In Nisekoi the worse girl won.


These are both pretty much facts to me
25338 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/23/17 , edited 1/24/17
I didn't think YOI was the best anime of last season. Not even close
8402 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/23/17 , edited 1/24/17
Brave shine isn't that good of an opening and Sword Art online is literal garbage. Also, if you're into "moe" you're very cringe.


https://myanimelist.net/profile/KojoRelapse
31427 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/23/17 , edited 1/24/17

KrystalBlue wrote:


Damien27 wrote:


Revenge themed anime's need to stop shoving "REVENGE BAD" trope down viewers throats, I swear every single fucking one does this.


YES! We're not little kids that need or want to be spoon-fed shallow morals, just tell the story! It's so overused and real-life isn't that simple. They're like "the only one I hurt... is me!" and we're like "dude you just let a mass murderer run off to kill more people..." or something like that.

I know people said 91 Days was one that was "revenge is bad!" but at least it was pretty subtle about it in comparison and I didn't feel like it was screaming at me to "see the truth" or something, if it wasn't for the article SAYING it was anti-revenge I probably wouldn't have even thought of it. "they had to make sure they didn't make the violence look appealing" what are you talking about? those men were living life and doing what they thought was right "following their hearts" and all that so really they didn't make it look THAT unappealing.

Hah watch Gatchaman in one of the early episodes they're literally encouraging a little kid to take revenge on the bad guy who killed his parents. The American rewrites of course completely changed it to him telling the kid revenge is wrong.

5212 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
26 / O
Offline
Posted 1/23/17 , edited 1/24/17

kkmenchi wrote:


KrystalBlue wrote:


Damien27 wrote:


Revenge themed anime's need to stop shoving "REVENGE BAD" trope down viewers throats, I swear every single fucking one does this.


YES! We're not little kids that need or want to be spoon-fed shallow morals, just tell the story! It's so overused and real-life isn't that simple. They're like "the only one I hurt... is me!" and we're like "dude you just let a mass murderer run off to kill more people..." or something like that.

I know people said 91 Days was one that was "revenge is bad!" but at least it was pretty subtle about it in comparison and I didn't feel like it was screaming at me to "see the truth" or something, if it wasn't for the article SAYING it was anti-revenge I probably wouldn't have even thought of it. "they had to make sure they didn't make the violence look appealing" what are you talking about? those men were living life and doing what they thought was right "following their hearts" and all that so really they didn't make it look THAT unappealing.

Hah watch Gatchaman in one of the early episodes they're literally encouraging a little kid to take revenge on the bad guy who killed his parents. The American rewrites of course completely changed it to him telling the kid revenge is wrong.



lol, of course they did XD the original sounds more fun
6969 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/23/17 , edited 1/24/17
I can not stand Gintama at all could not get through minutes of the first episode.
26325 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
28 / F / Various
Offline
Posted 1/24/17 , edited 1/24/17
I really hate the C.C./Lelouch ship.

She's mean to him, and in the story, she sort of represents Charles' influence, and his attitudes towards the world, while Lelouch's internal conflict is that he needs to overcome those attitudes (e.g. "If you love someone, push them away so that they don't get involved and get hurt" "It's better to just be alone than to let yourself get involved with people because you'll just get hurt," "A leader should be ruthless and it's pathetic to worry about how many people you kill", etc.) She holds Lelouch back with these attitudes, but he manages to overcome them in the end, anyway. And then he helps her grow out of it, somewhat.
I think they have a great platonic relationship, though, but I don't think she's the most important person to him. If she were the most important person to him, she would have been closer to him in the end. Instead she was... off in some church, somewhere. She's the only surviving character who was not physically present there, except for Milly, who was managing a TV broadcast.

(also, the shot where Milly reacts to what's happening in the parade, where she gets up out of the chair, is one of the most tearjerking moments in the whole series. Because she was like an older sister to him, and just about everyone in that moment who knew him wants to stop what's happening, but of course they can't, but it's more heartbreaking for Milly, because she was so close to him, and she's not even there then.)

Anyway, also, the flashback that plays above Lelouch's head when he says his last line slows down at the end, and it shows Lelouch, Suzaku, and Nunnally, when they were kids, from the "happiness is like glass" flashback. And, whether you want to think of Lelouch and Suzaku's relationship as romantic or brotherly, Suzaku and Nunnally are the most important people to him.

So, the theories people had about Lelouch secretly surviving and running off with C.C. are really an insult to the series, and to Lelouch, because he wouldn't do that to Suzaku and Nunnally.

Also, people say that the new series announcement is a confirmation that he ran off with C.C., it is not. He is in the new series. He could have died and come back (if you watch Akito the Exiled, there's things in that that might be able do that). He could be back as a ghost. (Tearjerker idea? AnoHana style.) He could be immortal, but held in stasis in the interim. He could be immortal but hiding somewhere (that's so like him, when his plans don't work). But he didn't just run off to have smiles and laughter while letting Suzaku and Nunnally mourn him.

Whatever they do, he intended to die in that parade, or they've betrayed the original series. But I don't think they'd change that.
8402 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/24/17 , edited 1/25/17


CODE GEASS SPOILERS AHEAD
22364 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
37 / M / SoFlo
Offline
Posted 1/24/17 , edited 1/25/17

xLuffy- wrote:

I can not stand Gintama at all could not get through minutes of the first episode.


I was the same way. Struggling to get through the first 10 or 15 episodes. But I figured all the these fans can't be wrong. It slowly creeps up on you then BAM, you're loving it and can't put it down.

I'm not really sure exactly when it hits it's stride. Maybe after they introduce all the main characters and have them developed a little.There's a lot of characters.
1093 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
21 / M / US
Offline
Posted 1/25/17 , edited 1/25/17
I don't like the face of One Punch Man. Maybe the writer was better at drawing ellipse than circle.
CronoT 
9780 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/25/17 , edited 2/6/17


I present my opinion in meme form.
19671 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
36 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 1/25/17 , edited 1/25/17
Evangelion and SAO are the worst series ever made.


I like Cowboy Bebop but not the GREATEST ANIME EVAH that otaku claim. Same with Attack on Titan

Also...Yuri on Ice was enjoyable as hell and it's one of my favorites from this past year but best series? NAHHHH......
First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.