First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last

Crunchyroll Now on FireTV!

Post Reply
36024 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / Omaha, NE
Offline
Posted 12/31/18 , edited 1/1/19
It looks like CR stopped supporting the FireTV app because it’s no longer listed as a supported platform.

I just tried to sign on it CR is telling me that my username is unverified. I’ve had this account for years.
11035 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/1/19 , edited 1/1/19
That's curious.App listing still shows last update was 2018-09-05 / version varies by device. Also shows screenshots of both the normal and TV form, and offers to send it to either of my Fire TVs, and pretty much everything but my old Kindle HDX.
basxto 
116 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/7/19 , edited 1/7/19
I’m using this on my Fire TV Stick 4K, but there are two things which are bothering me:
* The interfece looks like being optimized for touch, hides much of the screen and sometimes even subtitles
* When I pause and continue the app always shows the loading spinner for some time first. But that should already be bufferend and the web player also buffers a lot more than the app.

Compared to the web player it gives me a hard time using it. I pause all the time, I can’t read the subtitles and see what’s happening on the screen at the same time.
31 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
59 / M
Offline
Posted 2/27/19 , edited 2/27/19
Every time I try to use this app now I get stuck in a permanent "something has gone wrong, restarting the app" loop. Sometimes clearing data and cache then restarting the app and logging in fixes it. Not always.

The only reason I'm using this damned app is because the PS4 app won't even let me see shows that have been available for hours!
sjmmoc 
6174 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/10/19 , edited 3/10/19
Guessing they're not supporting FireTV anymore? Would be nice to know one way or the other.
58235 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
63 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 3/10/19 , edited 4/4/19

sjmmoc wrote:

Guessing they're not supporting FireTV anymore? Would be nice to know one way or the other.


There was no official announcement, but it's notably missing from this page: https://www.crunchyroll.com/devices and it no longer is listed in this list (in the footer of every web page here);

30046 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/19/19 , edited 24 days ago
I had it working fine for the past 2 days after my HTPC died and I installed the CR app on the fire TV Cube, Worked pretty good, great sound, superb video, no jerking around like the browser players. Then tonight when I got home, it went straight for the last video I watched and started playing it again. I stopped it tried to go back to the latest anime area and all it would do was show the slots but no pictures and wouldn't play anything. so I cleared the cache and removed data, now when I start the app it just says no internet connection. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling - no change. So here I am back on my gaming computer without the Marantz surround sound, and jerky browser video. GRRR!

I have been a loyal customer since 2013

CR what the hell is going on???????????
30046 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/19/19 , edited 3/20/19
Windows phone??? Isn't that almost totally dead? Why would they stop supporting Fire TV? Unless Amazon may have done something to slight CR, I could see that happening.
58235 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
63 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 3/19/19 , edited 3/20/19

ArcfireHOF wrote:

I had it working fine for the past 2 days after my HTPC died and I installed the CR app on the fire TV Cube, Worked pretty good, great sound, superb video, no jerking around like the browser players. Then tonight when I got home, it went straight for the last video I watched and started playing it again. I stopped it tried to go back to the latest anime area and all it would do was show the slots but no pictures and wouldn't play anything. so I cleared the cache and removed data, now when I start the app it just says no internet connection. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling - no change. So here I am back on my gaming computer without the Marantz surround sound, and jerky browser video. GRRR!

I have been a loyal customer since 2013

CR what the hell is going on???????????


Sometimes I can get it to work after all you did (do it again), then delete the device here before reinstalling:
https://www.crunchyroll.com/acct/?action=devices

Then delete data again immediately after reinstalling. Then try to log in.

But it's never a permanent fix. You can get some mileage by making sure to back out (back arrow only) instead of leaving it, or pressing the home key, but it happens to me about once a month. So pretty much, I just stick to my Roku TV, which also is not without its own minor issues, but at least it doesn't forget my login and force me to go through all of that.
30046 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/20/19 , edited 3/20/19
Thank you Asharka! that did the trick! greatly appreciated!
30046 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/31/19 , edited 24 days ago
Lasted 11 days now I get no internet again! GRR! no other app on the firecube has this probelm WHY CR WHY??????
7005 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/7/19 , edited 7/8/19
Keep getting an error message saying “there was an unkown error. We have restarted the app for you” but it just keeps repeating the same message. Ive uninstalled ad reinstalled and it seemed to work so i logged in and the same message popped up again and wont open the app. So i cleared the data and cache. Once again seemed to work until i logged in again and the same message pops up and continually restarts the app. Theres nothing wrong with my account because i can still log in on my phone and other devices and watch videos fine. Only the fire stick is doing this.
58235 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
63 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 7/8/19 , edited 7/8/19

Tader94 wrote:

Keep getting an error message saying “there was an unkown error. We have restarted the app for you” but it just keeps repeating the same message. Ive uninstalled ad reinstalled and it seemed to work so i logged in and the same message popped up again and wont open the app. So i cleared the data and cache. Once again seemed to work until i logged in again and the same message pops up and continually restarts the app. Theres nothing wrong with my account because i can still log in on my phone and other devices and watch videos fine. Only the fire stick is doing this.


The FTV app is just badly written, I think. Most of this you have apparently tried, but have you done all these steps, skipping none, in this specific order?

1) Force stop
2) Clear data (twice to make sure all the numbers go to zero)
3) Uninstall
4) go here on the web and deactivate the device: /acct/?action=devices
5) power down (unplug) and then plug back in
6) Go on Amazon and initiate the download from there instead of in-app: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004U7BXBO It will take several minutes where it looks like nothing is happening for you to get a notification in the stick that it has completed. Wait for that.
7) Now start the app and go to settings/account and log in before trying to start any videos.

I quit using the app because of having to do that over and over, but when I do it that way, all steps, no skips, it has never failed to work again (for a while, at least).
Bukuma 
15 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
120 / M
Offline
Posted 24 days ago , edited 24 days ago

Bukuma wrote:


envilgt wrote:


Bukuma wrote:

App is broken for me right now. Doesn't remember my queue or watch history. Logging out and back in doesn't work. Only remembers when I uninstall and reinstall. If I watch a show it doesn't appear in history later either but it does let me watch stuff.


Same here.. When are we getting an updated fire tv app with all the amazing improvements seen here in the web! :)


End of November now this bug still isn't fixed.


A year later and guess what, still broken. Crunchy Roll keeps sending me surveys on how the service could get better but no where in the survey do they give me the option to say fix your apps so I can watch shows, just asking what other features they could add to squeeze a few more bucks a month out of me. Nothing else matters if there main reason we are here struggles to work.
19 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted one day ago , edited one day ago
New Crunchyroll App now available. ... We've received some interesting information nowadays for all you Amazon FireTV users: now you can watch your favorite Crunchyroll shows on FireTV as the Crunchyroll App is now available! The Crunchyroll App on FireTV is FREE to download, and gives each our Premium and free ad-supported
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.