First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last

Crunchyroll Account Linking Now Available on VRV!

Post Reply
6986 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
72 / M
Offline
Posted 2/28/17 , edited 2/28/17
I tried to sign up but it said that I wasn't a premium member on Crunchyroll.
9126 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 3/2/17 , edited 3/2/17
To watch content from any of the other platforms, I have to do it through VRV? Can I link my accounts with those as well? Can't I also watch on a web browser?

It also seems like not all of the episodes are available on VRV that are available on CR. Is it not getting updated simultaneously?
2144 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/2/17 , edited 3/3/17
By linking my account does that make my crunchyroll account premium or premium+?
1168 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
20 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 3/3/17 , edited 3/3/17
Will it sync your CR queue with VRV?
26182 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/3/17 , edited 3/3/17
So I bit the bullet and went into a subscription with VRV. I'm reverting to my original Crunchyroll premium, but they did coax me into subbing to Funimation again. The only reason I'm doing so is the apparent lack of captioning on Funimation's titles. Maybe they feel they're not needed for English speakers, but they don't translate on-screen Japanese text. That's been detracting from the experience for me.

If anyone knows how to fix that (just in case I'm too slow to realize its user error) let me know while I'm still in free trials for everything, please.
26182 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/3/17 , edited 3/3/17

TooFivFive wrote:

Will it sync your CR queue with VRV?


Nope, queues are separate.
26182 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/3/17 , edited 3/3/17

cvielman wrote:

To watch content from any of the other platforms, I have to do it through VRV? Can I link my accounts with those as well? Can't I also watch on a web browser?

It also seems like not all of the episodes are available on VRV that are available on CR. Is it not getting updated simultaneously?





Junseiyuri wrote:

By linking my account does that make my crunchyroll account premium or premium+?


These are answered in the official (first) post. Only CR is offering account linking at present, so you can go to the CR site or app and watch with just a paid membership through VRV. Access in this way is at premium level, not premium+.
Updates are pushed to VRV within 5 hours after being posted to CR if I remember correctly.
1168 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
20 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 3/3/17 , edited 3/3/17

lagdaemon02 wrote:

So I bit the bullet and went into a subscription with VRV. I'm reverting to my original Crunchyroll premium, but they did coax me into subbing to Funimation again. The only reason I'm doing so is the apparent lack of captioning on Funimation's titles. Maybe they feel they're not needed for English speakers, but they don't translate on-screen Japanese text. That's been detracting from the experience for me.

If anyone knows how to fix that (just in case I'm too slow to realize its user error) let me know while I'm still in free trials for everything, please.


On funimation.com the captions are encoded onto the video
26182 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/3/17 , edited 3/3/17

TooFivFive wrote:


On funimation.com the captions are encoded onto the video


That's what I thought. I just can't get them to show up in VRV, and I would love it if I could.
123315 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 3/3/17 , edited 3/3/17

lagdaemon02 wrote:


TooFivFive wrote:


On funimation.com the captions are encoded onto the video


That's what I thought. I just can't get them to show up in VRV, and I would love it if I could.


Are you getting just dubs? When I asked VRV about that recently, I was told that that's all Funi is currently providing to them, and they would pass on the feedback about wanting subs.
26182 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/3/17 , edited 3/4/17

lorreen wrote:

Are you getting just dubs? When I asked VRV about that recently, I was told that that's all Funi is currently providing to them, and they would pass on the feedback about wanting subs.


Yes, they're only sharing dubs on VRV. That isn't really too much of a problem for me, though. What's getting to me is the translations of Japanese text don't show up for me in VRV, along with not having access to captions in VRV. Both are available through Funimation directly, though. I hope I'm explaining it well enough. Sometimes I fail at words.
123315 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 3/4/17 , edited 4/13/17

lagdaemon02 wrote:


lorreen wrote:

Are you getting just dubs? When I asked VRV about that recently, I was told that that's all Funi is currently providing to them, and they would pass on the feedback about wanting subs.


Yes, they're only sharing dubs on VRV. That isn't really too much of a problem for me, though. What's getting to me is the translations of Japanese text don't show up for me in VRV, along with not having access to captions in VRV. Both are available through Funimation directly, though. I hope I'm explaining it well enough. Sometimes I fail at words.


Okay. I think you are saying that English subtitles of the Japanese audio are there on the CR channel, but where things like signs or writing on paper would normally also show English translations, those translations are missing. In addition, where you could get English captions on English dubs on Funi, you only get the English audio with no option to turn on English captions on the Funi channel on VRV.
26182 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/6/17 , edited 4/13/17

lorreen wrote:

Okay. I think you are saying that English subtitles of the Japanese audio are there on the CR channel, but where things like signs or writing on paper would normally also show English translations, those translations are missing. In addition, where you could get English captions on English dubs on Funi, you only get the English audio with no option to turn on English captions on the Funi channel on VRV.


That is it.
16007 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/7/17 , edited 3/7/17
Okay so I've been linked since this was first made available. I followed all the steps and everything was running smoothly, until today. Apparently as of today I am no longer a premium member, but on VRV it says I have the combo pack. Is anybody else having this issue? I know it take a few minutes to update, but again I've linked my accounts a while ago when this was first made available.
123315 cr points
Send Message: GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 3/7/17 , edited 3/8/17

Laughingman923 wrote:

Okay so I've been linked since this was first made available. I followed all the steps and everything was running smoothly, until today. Apparently as of today I am no longer a premium member, but on VRV it says I have the combo pack. Is anybody else having this issue? I know it take a few minutes to update, but again I've linked my accounts a while ago when this was first made available.


It does seem like there's some sort of glitch, as someone else reported problems linking very recently:

/forumtopic-984485/vrv-full-membership-not-working-on-crcom

I suggest contacting either VRV or Crunchyroll customer support (it's probably the same team of support people handling support for both services).
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.