Post Reply HELP someone took my crunchyroll account
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/24/17 , edited 6/24/17
My email is no longer even a valid email anymore. My phone is now seeing this person named DaddyRaven as the account..... Please help me! I can verify any questions you have on my account!!!
55489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/24/17 , edited 6/24/17
Support link here for account issues: /contact

The forums are mainly for peer-to-peer help...
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/24/17 , edited 6/24/17
Thanks! this sucks i don't see how my stuff got taken as my computer is completely secure.
55489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/24/17 , edited 6/24/17
But websites aren't, especially if you use the same username and password on more than one of them. All it takes is a hack of some other site, and then they potentially have your login credentials for anywhere else you may have used them...

https://haveibeenpwned.com/
7013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/24/17 , edited 6/25/17
Man that is terrible... So i got my account back but somehow they changed my Username as well to this daddyraven crap. I thought it was impossible to change your username? I am thinking something got messed up on crunchyrolls side or something.
55489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/24/17 , edited 6/25/17
It's not possible to change an existing one yourself... But a staff member might have done it if the original name had something hentai-related, or something else inappropriate for PG13 rating, as a part or all of it. They don't allow those kinds of usernames here.

You didn't say what your initial username was in the first post, so I'm also guessing at one other possibility here...

I've not done this, but have heard that creating an account through an app, rather than the website, doesn't always assign an actual name to the account, but when the user tries to log in to the website with, say, the email address (or something I wouldn't know about), it sends them to some kind of a page where an initial name must be assigned. It's not actually a name change in that case, since one had never been used in the first place, so if someone hacked your account somehow, maybe with your email address as username, then they might have been the one to put the initial name on it...

For the most part, though, it is true that normally you can't (or an admin won't) change an existing (innocuous) username to something else just because you're tired of the old one because of how entangled it is with their accounting/billing system...
Der Zoodirektor
27069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 6/24/17 , edited 6/25/17

asharka wrote:

It's not possible to change an existing one yourself... But a staff member might have done it if the original name had something hentai-related, or something else inappropriate for PG13 rating, as a part or all of it. They don't allow those kinds of usernames here.

You didn't say what your initial username was in the first post, so I'm also guessing at one other possibility here...

I've not done this, but have heard that creating an account through an app, rather than the website, doesn't always assign an actual name to the account, but when the user tries to log in to the website with, say, the email address (or something I wouldn't know about), it sends them to some kind of a page where an initial name must be assigned. It's not actually a name change in that case, since one had never been used in the first place, so if someone hacked your account somehow, maybe with your email address as username, then they might have been the one to put the initial name on it...

For the most part, though, it is true that normally you can't (or an admin won't) change an existing (innocuous) username to something else just because you're tired of the old one because of how entangled it is with their accounting/billing system...


Yes, if you create your account through an app, you don't set a user name. This means that anyone who logs into one of these accounts is able to set a user name. This probably happened here.
Der Zoodirektor
27069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 6/24/17 , edited 6/25/17

DaddyRaven wrote:

Man that is terrible... So i got my account back but somehow they changed my Username as well to this daddyraven crap. I thought it was impossible to change your username? I am thinking something got messed up on crunchyrolls side or something.


Send us another ticket about that, and we'll see what we can do about that.
7013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/25/17 , edited 6/25/17

shinryou wrote:


DaddyRaven wrote:

Man that is terrible... So i got my account back but somehow they changed my Username as well to this daddyraven crap. I thought it was impossible to change your username? I am thinking something got messed up on crunchyrolls side or something.


Send us another ticket about that, and we'll see what we can do about that.


I did make another ticket. They said they would be getting back shortly with me yesterday but i have yet to hear back from them again. I understand if you guys do not work on sunday.
You must be logged in to post.