First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply How SAFE is your neighborhood ?
6717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 5/2/18 , edited 5/2/18
If Lunabell87 situation is similar to mine here in Georgia, a possibility that patrol will not have any effect if the Police do not care. There are numerous times where patrol was called, but that has not stopped the gang members in this subdivision. The safest option may have to be what I am doing, which is saving up money and do a thorough research on where to live.
36171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Tacoma, WA
Offline
Posted 5/2/18 , edited 5/2/18

dulun18 wrote:

@Lunabell87 Can you request additional patrol for your neighborhood?

You have the option to submit a form to request officers to focus patrol on specific areas that have a lot of suspicious activities or speeders.. etc. I would also install good security cameras just in case.


We dont have enough officers becuase there isn't enough funding, at least that is what other residents tell me. So, not sure if its possible to request more patrol. I'll look into it.

We do have have alarms and cameras but that doesn't stop criminals. People around here have had their cameras torn down/stolen. Houses still get broken into due to slow response time.


Tactiturn wrote:

If Lunabell87 situation is similar to mine here in Georgia, a possibility that patrol will not have any effect if the Police do not care. There are numerous times where patrol was called, but that has not stopped the gang members in this subdivision. The safest option may have to be what I am doing, which is saving up money and do a thorough research on where to live.

There isn't enough officer's becuase of lack of funding, I am assuming getting more patrol wont be easy.

We want to move but housing prices are increasing, even where I live. My husband actually has a good job at Boeing but still isn't enough for a house in a safer area. He has a friend who lives in a nice area and a 850sqft home with 1 bed and 1 bath is over 600k there.
6717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 5/2/18 , edited 5/3/18

Lunabell87 wrote:

We want to move but housing prices are increasing, even where I live. My husband actually has a good job at Boeing but still isn't enough for a house in a safer area. He has a friend who lives in a nice area and a 850sqft home with 1 bed and 1 bath is over 600k there.


I see, the problem is the same for me and my relatives in this dilemma, though only one individual is currently working and my search for a new occupation was halted due to a sudden problem I do not feel comfortable sharing. I apologise what you and your husband are encountering in your area, and hope you are able to receive the opportunity to locate a new home where you and your husband can feel and be safe. As a warning, be wary of moving to the unincorporated section of Lithonia, where I reside. The gang members have ruined this community.
8615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / South Carolina
Online
Posted 5/3/18 , edited 5/3/18
I live in a ghetto area but everyone keeps to themselves.


Actually my favorite part is the rarity of cops back here.
36171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Tacoma, WA
Offline
Posted 5/3/18 , edited 5/3/18

Tactiturn wrote:


Lunabell87 wrote:

We want to move but housing prices are increasing, even where I live. My husband actually has a good job at Boeing but still isn't enough for a house in a safer area. He has a friend who lives in a nice area and a 850sqft home with 1 bed and 1 bath is over 600k there.


I see, the problem is the same for me and my relatives in this dilemma, though only one individual is currently working and my search for a new occupation was halted due to a sudden problem I do not feel comfortable sharing. I apologise what you and your husband are encountering in your area, and hope you are able to receive the opportunity to locate a new home where you and your husband can feel and be safe. As a warning, be wary of moving to the unincorporated section of Lithonia, where I reside. The gang members have ruined this community.


Thank you and I hope things get better for you and you can find a new home as well.






6717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 5/3/18 , edited 5/3/18

Lunabell87 wrote:

Thank you and I hope things get better for you and you can find a new home as well.



I thank you for the kind words, though I am not certain when will that day arrive when we can move out of DeKalb or be safe again.
I am not certain if Tacoma is worse or has strong similarity than DeKalb, but I am immensely grateful you are not going through what me and my relatives are going through now with gang members watching your residence or one of their friends that reside across the street watching your home.

I am grateful that you did not have to witness a boy pulling a gun out to your face as I have in 2014 or your house being shot and the Police not assisting you with your case. What disgusts me of the law enforcement here in DeKalb is that the lies that are given, as when I asked for information on our case report last year, I have learned the Officers that came to our house did not add the information we gave to the documents. I hope my Blogs that I have created to discuss this subdivision will reach the right ears, so that families will know not to move here.


5510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Finland
Online
Posted 5/3/18 , edited 5/3/18
Pretty safe. I've been living in the same area for eight years and nothing serious hasn't happened during that time.
3871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/4/18 , edited 5/4/18

Lunabell87 wrote:

We dont have enough officers becuase there isn't enough funding, at least that is what other residents tell me. So, not sure if its possible to request more patrol. I'll look into it.

We do have have alarms and cameras but that doesn't stop criminals. People around here have had their cameras torn down/stolen. Houses still get broken into due to slow response time.


This is your city right?

https://www.cityoftacoma.org/government/city_departments/police/
55391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/18 , edited 5/5/18
We been having problem with thefts for years.. I'm assuming Police officers finally caught them, we now have neighborhood taking their free time driving around to patrol the area.. I think, since I've been noticing they're driving around in the circle and keeping an eye out for anybody they're not familiar with.

1048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Nevada
Offline
Posted 5/5/18 , edited 5/5/18
I used to live in California and grew up there and it was alright at its time today LA is a mess the thing I hate about LA is that you have no choice but to get ugly broken down apartments but near our final years there we did get 2 houses but apparently it was way to expensive so my parents elected to move us out of state I think I moved out at 12 or 13, where I live today its always been calm and super boring pretty much everywhere I lived.

When it comes to bad people, no hardly in my old house some kids where caught with guns but were jailed and it did not affect the tranquility of the neighborhood since they used it at night mostly and they had a criminal record according to the rumors we herd but even they where a rare thought.

As for sad ghettos or some thing like that I never lived in homes like that its always been mid to upper middle class neighborhoods.
3871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/5/18 , edited 5/5/18
"super boring" is a good thing

Most cities with noise ordinance will be like this.

Posted 5/16/18 , edited 5/16/18
I never truly felt safe in the neighbourhood where I used to live before, but ever since I moved to a different area away from that particular neighbourhood not even a mile down the road way across in the opposite direction over a month ago now, I’ve never felt safer...The difference and feel is absolutely astonishing and very amazing ^^
3871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/24/18 , edited 5/24/18
It doesn't look so good for Buckeye. This really put the list of "SAFE CITIES" under a microscope..

https://www.safewise.com/blog/safest-cities-arizona/

10 safest cities in Arizona - ABC15 Digital
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgWmXfzXDFg


Cover-ups and false crimes alleged inside the Buckeye Police Department
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IomGt2ZZl_M


Buckeye officials no longer willing to stand by low crime stats after ABC15 investigation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoHrHOONoCU


2448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / The Mormon land t...
Offline
Posted 5/24/18 , edited 5/24/18
I know how not safe the neighborhood I'm moving out of is. Hella ton of car break ins. Like, if I actually socialize with people I hear about one every week.
1357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 5/28/18 , edited 5/28/18
A few sex offenders nearby, but very safe with virtually no crime and especially violent.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.